SELECT CONTENT

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info - Page 50 Empty Re: About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

Post by albean99 Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm thinking it's jumping the gun to try to see about taking over the site. LM & San started and it and it's theirs to do as they like imo. IA that it would be nice for them to have left someone in charge but it's off season and not that busy around here. If we get closer to the season beginning and still nothing then maybe it will be time to consider options. Of course anyone can start their own site if they want. For me it's okay that it's quiet. I'm avoiding spoilers anyway and would love them to go away altogether. It would be nice if the non-spoiler side would be as busy as the spoiler threads. Old fashioned sleuthing would be a lot of fun now that we can't trust spoilers. I'd love it. :yes:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info - Page 50 Empty Re: About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 pm

ninu wrote:I posted in the SeanCat threads, but this is probably a far better place for it. The forum admin account is the first one that's created when you make a board, and as such, probably love , maybe San or both are the ones who access that as well. So there isn't a third party secretly administering to us.

I found the same expiry date - IE Jan, and the same stretch of time for us to be modless - six months and a day. That will take us to mid Feb by the time we can fix this ourselves.

My proposed solution is first to get off the custom domain - go back to bachandbachettefans.forumotion.com - and not have to worry about the board ceasing to exist. Since we can't access the admin panel, posting here is probably the next best bet - http://help.forumotion.com/t126319-custom-domain-removal Grace, maybe you since you've already been in contact before??

The second thing is then to keep trying to reach the mods and to keep working on forumotion to give us access, with of course the caveat that if love or San come back, they get dibs on admin again.

I am not denying that life will go on with or without this board, but I was something like one of the first ten to join this board, and I would hate to see all our work go to waste after building this wonderful community. Just from reading this thread, I see about six of us who would be able to help mod, and maybe in the future it will help prevent any one (or two) people from getting overwhelmed in the future. Oh and even should they come back, I think we should suggest that they expand to create a mod team to help them. I apologize very much if I'm stepping on any toes, but I'll be happy to help or do in any capacity that is required of me.

I don't know how that spammer was removed. That one is curious and a hopeful sign that someone is checking in on this site! My PMs to the mods and forum-administrator would have moved to my sent box if they were here, even if they didn't open their mail, so not sure what to think with that. scratch 

I gave Forumotion the url for this site. They told me they own and host this site. They said they won't give anyone access without the mods permission. I'll contact them about removing the custom domain name, but I have a feeling, I'll get the same answer. We don't have access to do that.

I am a mod on another forumotion board. It's a small board-member wise, but set up like this one. We can go there to figure out what to do and who/if anyone wants to re-boot this one after the 6 month mark. Maybe some of the original members would be willing to re-start it? I agree with Albean though, it's too soon. I only bring it up now because some are talking about building a new site. Out of respect for Love_me and San, I think it's premature to give the link. If we haven't heard anything in a month or two, I'll post the link as a back-up plan for us in case this one goes poof on Jan. 14th. I can create a thread there for this discussion to continue on Jan. 15th. Most of the other topics are already there. I don't know what else to suggest. At this point, I feel like we have tried what we can to contact the mods. Hopefully, we'll get some news soon. :greenman:

Back to top Go down

Post by ninu Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Of course, its too early to leave yet. And I have no urge to take this over from the mods if we can possibly get them back. Whatever we do, it will be only a temp interim measure till we get them back, in order to keep this board clean and functional through JPa's season and the wedding.

As far as I can see, having the custom domain removed in December if we haven't heard from the mods by then will ensure that this board doesn't disappear - if forumotion is okay with that. Till then, we'll just have to handle the backlog of extra long threads and messy forums - which isn't a deal breaker for now.

I really respect the mods and their enthusiasm for this site and really hope they come back soon.

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info - Page 50 158291300-ashley-hebert-and-j-p-rosenbaum-the-second-gettyimages-2About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info - Page 50 Sign310
ninu
ninu

Female Posts : 2347

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:02 am

Ninu? Won't the board go right back to the old Forumotion name and website if it doesn't get renewed? And Forumotion is not gonna cancel that because they make money from the ads. I think we are all being a bit paranoid, JMHO. Truth is that we can exist for years without mods on the original Forumotion website unless someone narcs on us....and I hope no one would do that.

I really don't understand the crisis and I care about this board as much as anyone...I, too, joined on the first day.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:47 am

IrishGal wrote:Ninu?  Won't the board go right back to the old Forumotion name and website if it doesn't get renewed? And Forumotion is not gonna cancel that because they make money from the ads. I think we are all being a bit paranoid, JMHO.  Truth is that we can exist for years without mods on the original Forumotion website unless someone narcs on us....and I hope no one would do that.  

I really don't understand the crisis and I care about this board as much as anyone...I, too, joined on the first day.
ITA.
I'm not even going to say anymore.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:16 am

I posted this in the Seancat thread early this morning, but in case someone doesn't read down there, I'm posting it again up here. I noticed that San's twitter was active again yesterday evening and was able to have this exchange with her.

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info - Page 50 Screenshot2013-10-28at122641AM

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info - Page 50 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Thanks Litta..

Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Hey all~ :WAVEY: 

Glad you got through to San, Litta. I'm not usually around in between seasons, but decided to sign-in to read about Sweet Home Alabama 4.

I can say with confidence that San and Love will not let this site go down. They are both busy with life and taking a break. If they decide not to mod the board anymore, someone will be notified to take over or create a new one, just like they did when we all left FORT. Hope everyone is doing well!

:hug: Bee
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by DKWillis Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm

This new thread... Katzenjammer - A Kiss Before You Go - 2011 - FLAC lm assuming is spam am l correct cuz l dont recall seeing the name. l dont open any of them so just wondwering

DKWillis

Female Posts : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey everyone! It has been a very long time. I want to first of all apologize for being MIA for a while. There came a point where I wanted to take a break, not from you all but from all things Bachelor/bachelorette. I know, I never thought I'd see that day! And after last season and me being totally wrong about the ending after giving people false hope, I just did not want that to happen again. I felt so bad! Thanks for all of the nice and kind words said to us on this thread. I have to thank you all for being so patient and understanding. Life just got in the way. I haven't heard from Love_Me since August. I really hope she is okay! We both thought it might be a good idea to close the board for a little while, while we both took a much needed break. We both never got around to doing it though. I am kind of glad now that we did not decide to do that because I don't think many members would have come back. It was off season, so I hope that the boards were okay while we were gone and that everyone got along. Smiley Miss you all! It will take me a little while to get things cleaned up and fixed around here, so I hope ya'll can give me that time! I am going to try, but I am busy with personal life too. I really hope we can make it work. When I hear from Love_Me, we will decide what to do as far as appointing new mods and all that good stuff to help out. Thanks again for your patience. It is truly appreciated from the bottom of my heart!

P.S. If anyone has any questions, concerns or problems needing to be dealt with, please message me about it! I will try my best to get it resolved.

Also, to the people who contacted me via instagram before I deleted it, I actually did answer ya'll back. I am not too good as figuring out instagram, so I am not sure if it notified ya'll when I answered ya'll back. Just wanted ya'll to know that!

❤ San
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:04 pm

DKWillis wrote:This new thread... Katzenjammer - A Kiss Before You Go - 2011 - FLAC lm assuming is spam am l correct cuz l dont recall seeing the name.  l dont open any of them so just wondwering
I took care of that for you. :Smiley: 
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:42 pm

sanlee088 wrote:Hey everyone! It has been a very long time. I want to first of all apologize for being MIA for a while. There came a point where I wanted to take a break, not from you all but from all things Bachelor/bachelorette. I know, I never thought I'd see that day! And after last season and me being totally wrong about the ending after giving people false hope, I just did not want that to happen again. I felt so bad! Thanks for all of the nice and kind words said to us on this thread. I have to thank you all for being so patient and understanding. Life just got in the way. I haven't heard from Love_Me since August. I really hope she is okay! We both thought it might be a good idea to close the board for a little while, while we both took a much needed break. We both never got around to doing it though. I am kind of glad now that we did not decide to do that because I don't think many members would have come back. It was off season, so I hope that the boards were okay while we were gone and that everyone got along. Smiley Miss you all! It will take me a little while to get things cleaned up and fixed around here, so I hope ya'll can give me that time! I am going to try, but I am busy with personal life too. I really hope we can make it work. When I hear from Love_Me, we will decide what to do as far as appointing new mods and all that good stuff to help out. Thanks again for your patience. It is truly appreciated from the bottom of my heart!

P.S. If anyone has any questions, concerns or problems needing to be dealt with, please message me about it! I will try my best to get it resolved.

Also, to the people who contacted me via instagram before I deleted it, I actually did answer ya'll back. I am not too good as figuring out instagram, so I am not sure if it notified ya'll when I answered ya'll back. Just wanted ya'll to know that!

❤ San
No problem San and please don't worry about the wrong spoilers...it just made things more interesting!  :uptonogood 

Thanks for not shutting things down. We know life is the real reality and not this silly show, but, I think we all just want you to know that we love this little community you and Love built and are willing to help in any way. Good to see you back!!! cheerleader

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

+121
lipsis
MiniDiva
bilolo
glazedover
sallysue47