SELECT CONTENT

"3"

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"3"  Empty CBS Looks for Love This Summer With Dating Series 3

Post by Love_Me Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:29 pm

CBS is entering the reality dating game, but don't expect any Bachelor-type shenanigans.

The network announced Wednesday that it has ordered a new unscripted series called 3, about the journeys of three women to find true love.

More docudrama than fantasy-dating setup of rival network ABC's The Bachelor, 3 will focus on three single women who are of different ages and stages in their lives. Their common goal, however, is to find love, and they will turn to each other for advice and emotional support throughout their search.

"3 is a relationship show that won't perpetuate a fairy tale myth about dating," Jennifer Bresnan, CBS's executive vice president of alternative programming said in a statement. "Without any typical game play, it intimately documents the search for love and the reality of dating -- the anticipation, the excitement, the rejection. Along the way, we'll see personalities who are real, and flawed and simply human."

The series' format is based on an Israeli reality dating show that became the country's No.1 program last summer.

Casting is still underway on 3, which will air this summer.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/CBS-Dating-Series-3-1043434.aspx
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

"3"  Empty Re: "3"

Post by atem Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 am

I don't know about this one. hmmm Thanks for the info!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:16 pm

There seems to be a ton of shows that American networks are modeling after successful shows in Israel. I think it started with In Treatment on HBO.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

"3"  Empty "3"

Post by NCGalBecca Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:45 pm

Here's a new thread to talk about the "3" dating show premiering on 7/26 on CBS. I think it looks intriguing and kind of what many of us have been hoping to see on The Bachelor - multiple leads.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Cast Bios from CBS:

April Francis "3"  April_francis
Originally from Michigan, April Francis runs three businesses in Chicago. She launched a fashion service called Haute Closet, created the trendy Dose Market in Chicago which combines food and fashion, and consults for high-end spas. Although she is passionate about her career, April is a self-described “maternalist” and would give it all up for the opportunity to be a wife and mother.

Libby Lopez "3"  Libby_lopez
Libby Lopez grew up on a ranch in Stockton, Calif., where she tended and participated in showing cattle. At the age of 12, Libby’s parents got divorced, which made her realize that she does not want to go through a divorce, nor does she want to end up in a loveless marriage. She has been modeling since she was 18-years-old and enjoys working both in front of and behind the camera. She was raised in the Baptist Church and her strong faith in God is a priority in her life. She will not date a man unless he shares her religious beliefs.

Rachel Harley "3"  Rachel-harley_0
When Rachel Harley was pregnant with her second child in 2010, she lost her husband, Kit, to brain cancer. While continuing to mourn his loss, the Chicago native has raised their children, Bradyn and Reese, continued working at a pharmaceutical company and became an organizer for Harley Helping Hands, a non-profit organization that has raised more than $250,000 for Chicago-area individuals battling brain cancer. She is ready to date again, but needs a partner who will respect that she is a widow with children.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/3/

NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Thanks for posting. This show seems too normal, so it probably won't do well. I will check it out though!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:47 pm

The Washington Post gave it a pretty good review: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/finally-a-dating-show-that-skips-the-3-ring-reality-show-circus/2012/07/25/gJQAEkgw9W_story.html

Just hanging out until the next round of debate begins. :yes:
Sasha
Sasha

Female Posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:58 pm

^^^Cool. Thanks for posting the article - good to hear that it's taking a different slant on reality dating. It looks like two episodes will be airing this week.

I so wish that this was the kind of format that the TB could transition to in the future - especially if Sean turns out to be TB.

NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I've got plans tonight, but I have it on TiVo, so maybe we can compare notes. And maybe some other forum members will watch, too.

Just hanging out until the next round of debate begins. :yes:
Sasha
Sasha

Female Posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Fun so far..maybe Libby should call Sean.

April and Joe..hot connection

Last edited by NCGalBecca on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 pm

It's not yet here! I wish it were. I am looking forward to it.

Here's there twitter...not very many followers yet

http://twitter.com/3_cbs

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Could the site please put this on it's own section? I think it deserves to be seen as an alternative to the Bach series!

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

"3"

+29