SELECT CONTENT

J.P. - Thread #2

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

J.P. - Thread #2 - Page 30 Empty Re: J.P. - Thread #2

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Love_Me wrote:Great finds CC! J.P. - Thread #2 - Page 30 550657593

His friend's comment reminded me of the quote JP said after the orphanage group date...that it changed his life and Ashley made that possible.

Once again I know I saw that exact quote posted somewhere on the site.

Anyways, both JP and his friend expressed he has been changed by going on this show. In his case I feel for the better.
LM, it may have been my post way back on some thread. I was comparing the L & S quote that said he got down on bended knee in Fiji secluded island, and they are engaged and he said "my life has changed". JP said "this has forever changed my life" (on the Orphanage group date). Now his friends say, "He came back a changed person".

Last edited by Gina on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Bloomers wrote:One thing to keep in mind is this whole Bentley thing. It is clear from what Ashley is saying that it is coming across as a whole lot worse than what she expected. She had no idea Bentley was thinking and saying those kinds of things about her, and yet she was running after him in pursuit all the way up through the 6th episode. We see her telling Chris who is trying to discourage her that she wants to see Bentley again.

If it is worse for Ashley, how much worse is it for JP? He is getting blindsided with all of this. He had some idea, yes, but he had no real idea that it was going to look like Ashley was panting after Bentley so hard for so long while he, JP, was so diligently wooing her. Meanwhile, she is supposed to be in love with him, JP.

Now, what does this look like to his friends and family? Yes, she does end up with JP, and yes they can talk edit, but there it is on the TV for 6 episodes, and it is hard to deny that is Ashley saying those things about Bentley when she is supposed to be falling in love with JP.

Is this relationship under a strain right now? It realistically well may be. If JP's friends see him as quiet, there may be a reason for it. He is watching the same thing we are for the first time as we are, and he is seeing what we are seeing, and even though he has been prepared, I suspect he hasn't been prepared enough to discount all of that in the face of anxious friends and family and maybe himself.

Either Fleiss and Co. had no other story, or they did Ashley no favors, but this relationship may be under a tremendous strain.

I have to check back the threads to see what this podcast is...

Just adding a little here, perhaps to provide some encouragement towards the relationship... or at least look at it more objectively.

Yes, this is probably hard on JP (assuming he's the one) to watch this... and he may not even be watching it that carefully. Ashley stated she saw episode #3 by herself.

However, there are the little things I've noticed. They purposely made an issue over lines like "WE are what matters now", "[There’s] been a lot of emotion, a lot of drama, but tonight is about me and Ashley and I’ve got to find a way to help her put all that aside and focus on the two of us.", "I’m not going anywhere. You’re gonna have to force me out." and many other lines that emphasize the whole purpose of "why" JP is on this show to begin with. There was also the voice-over (again, not everybody agrees with me on this one) "All along I’ve been thinking that Bentley was the guy that was going to be there in the end, but now I have a guy in mind. Maybe it will work better." Speaking of voice-overs, we have plenty of JP's in virtually every preview. The positioning of Ashley's voice-overs over shots of JP are most interesting, emphasizing to both the viewer and JP what she was thinking at that particular moment, like her fear of "losing the connection" during the orphanage date.

... and she could have lost it without dealing with the "Bentley on my mind".

Watching the Bentley Drama and the accompanying PIs, I am more concerned about what it does to Ashley's trust issues. Certainly every line we hear coming out of JP's mouth about being here for the right reasons, his heart in the right place, etc. must be showcasing all that Ashley may have missed had Bentley NOT left.

Remember also that ONLY JP was shown looking suspicious of Bentley. Everybody else was hugging and saluting him when he left. He KNEW something was up then. He KNEW he was not her first choice. Bottom line, he was more concerned about her emotionally on the 1 on 1 date and wanted to get past all of it.

I still have no idea how Roberto got through his season with both Frank and Chris L. in the picture. Also many thought (including myself) that Chris would be the one... which couldn't have been easy for Roberto to deal with. Much of Ed's questionable tabloid behavior started in June 2009 when Reid and Kiptyn were frontrunners for Jillian. (Remember how kisses were edited out at the last minute?) Everybody is coached to deal with these things, but it never is easy.

On the plus side, if they weather this, they can certainly weather a lot more in a relationship.

I have the feeling the storyline post-Hong Kong will be Ashley looking back at all of the time she wasted thinking about the wrong man... they have several storylines they can use here: "All Because Of A Flip Of A Coin", "Not Following The Advice I Was Given", "Those Who Learn Patience Are Rewarded In The End", any more you all can add?

No regrets.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Good post JBF! I think they have as much of a chance as any other couple. Look at Ali crying over Frank in Turkey, begging him in Iceland, and melting down in Tahiti and getting engaged 5 dayes later. Or Jillian seriously considering Reid before getting engaged to Ed in literally 20 minutes. Or Jason actually choosing Melissa before going back for Molly.

It's pretty ridiculous that we're already breaking them up without even knowing what their relationship is like IRL or how much the Bentley stuff was overproduced and dramatized.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Alanna wrote:Good post JBF! I think they have as much of a chance as any other couple. Look at Ali crying over Frank in Turkey, begging him in Iceland, and melting down in Tahiti and getting engaged 5 dayes later. Or Jillian seriously considering Reid before getting engaged to Ed in literally 20 minutes. Or Jason actually choosing Melissa before going back for Molly.

It's pretty ridiculous that we're already breaking them up without even knowing what their relationship is like IRL or how much the Bentley stuff was overproduced and dramatized.

I agree
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by klarson79 Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:33 pm

chaslom4 wrote:
Alanna wrote:Good post JBF! I think they have as much of a chance as any other couple. Look at Ali crying over Frank in Turkey, begging him in Iceland, and melting down in Tahiti and getting engaged 5 dayes later. Or Jillian seriously considering Reid before getting engaged to Ed in literally 20 minutes. Or Jason actually choosing Melissa before going back for Molly.

I agree

Alanna is right on again! I agree

klarson79

Back to top Go down

Post by ilb123 Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:37 pm

I appreciate every one opinion on JP’s friend comment

Arie is Stupid Hot[b]
ilb123
ilb123

Female Posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:37 pm

klarson79 wrote:
chaslom4 wrote:

I agree

Alanna is right on again! I agree

kisses

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Good Post word I agree

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Aw thanks Alanna... now I'm gonna get all shy...
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:31 pm

JBF wrote:Aw thanks Alanna... now I'm gonna get all shy...
s
Aww, how cute JBF J.P. - Thread #2 - Page 30 550657593 I have high hopes for Ashley and her F1, even despite the Bentley drama. Ashley and JP had immediate chemistry from night one, and even though she "said" it was Bentley, I didn't see the same chemistry as I did with her and JP. (granted it may have been one sided) Anyway, I think they are both at a good age, a good time in their life, too old for playing games. I don't think either has aspirations to be in the limelight, which is good. Ashley might do DWTS, but thats a once in a life time opportunity and she should go for it. I don't know, I look at them and I just see Ali and Roberto, part deux.

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:46 pm

JBF wrote:
Bloomers wrote:One thing to keep in mind is this whole Bentley thing. It is clear from what Ashley is saying that it is coming across as a whole lot worse than what she expected. She had no idea Bentley was thinking and saying those kinds of things about her, and yet she was running after him in pursuit all the way up through the 6th episode. We see her telling Chris who is trying to discourage her that she wants to see Bentley again.

If it is worse for Ashley, how much worse is it for JP? He is getting blindsided with all of this. He had some idea, yes, but he had no real idea that it was going to look like Ashley was panting after Bentley so hard for so long while he, JP, was so diligently wooing her. Meanwhile, she is supposed to be in love with him, JP.

Now, what does this look like to his friends and family? Yes, she does end up with JP, and yes they can talk edit, but there it is on the TV for 6 episodes, and it is hard to deny that is Ashley saying those things about Bentley when she is supposed to be falling in love with JP.

Is this relationship under a strain right now? It realistically well may be. If JP's friends see him as quiet, there may be a reason for it. He is watching the same thing we are for the first time as we are, and he is seeing what we are seeing, and even though he has been prepared, I suspect he hasn't been prepared enough to discount all of that in the face of anxious friends and family and maybe himself.

Either Fleiss and Co. had no other story, or they did Ashley no favors, but this relationship may be under a tremendous strain.

I have to check back the threads to see what this podcast is...

Just adding a little here, perhaps to provide some encouragement towards the relationship... or at least look at it more objectively.

Yes, this is probably hard on JP (assuming he's the one) to watch this... and he may not even be watching it that carefully. Ashley stated she saw episode #3 by herself.

However, there are the little things I've noticed. They purposely made an issue over lines like "WE are what matters now", "[There’s] been a lot of emotion, a lot of drama, but tonight is about me and Ashley and I’ve got to find a way to help her put all that aside and focus on the two of us.", "I’m not going anywhere. You’re gonna have to force me out." and many other lines that emphasize the whole purpose of "why" JP is on this show to begin with. There was also the voice-over (again, not everybody agrees with me on this one) "All along I’ve been thinking that Bentley was the guy that was going to be there in the end, but now I have a guy in mind. Maybe it will work better." Speaking of voice-overs, we have plenty of JP's in virtually every preview. The positioning of Ashley's voice-overs over shots of JP are most interesting, emphasizing to both the viewer and JP what she was thinking at that particular moment, like her fear of "losing the connection" during the orphanage date.

... and she could have lost it without dealing with the "Bentley on my mind".

Watching the Bentley Drama and the accompanying PIs, I am more concerned about what it does to Ashley's trust issues. Certainly every line we hear coming out of JP's mouth about being here for the right reasons, his heart in the right place, etc. must be showcasing all that Ashley may have missed had Bentley NOT left.

Remember also that ONLY JP was shown looking suspicious of Bentley. Everybody else was hugging and saluting him when he left. He KNEW something was up then. He KNEW he was not her first choice. Bottom line, he was more concerned about her emotionally on the 1 on 1 date and wanted to get past all of it.

I still have no idea how Roberto got through his season with both Frank and Chris L. in the picture. Also many thought (including myself) that Chris would be the one... which couldn't have been easy for Roberto to deal with. Much of Ed's questionable tabloid behavior started in June 2009 when Reid and Kiptyn were frontrunners for Jillian. (Remember how kisses were edited out at the last minute?) Everybody is coached to deal with these things, but it never is easy.

On the plus side, if they weather this, they can certainly weather a lot more in a relationship.

I have the feeling the storyline post-Hong Kong will be Ashley looking back at all of the time she wasted thinking about the wrong man... they have several storylines they can use here: "All Because Of A Flip Of A Coin", "Not Following The Advice I Was Given", "Those Who Learn Patience Are Rewarded In The End", any more you all can add?

No regrets.

Okay, speaking of voiceovers I have to throw this in from the previews for episode 5:

Ash is doing the VO:
Chaing Mai is the perfect place to fall in love (kissing Ben at the firedancer dinner/show)
I was in a dark place (firedancers walking in holding flames)
but, now I know in my heart I want to share my life with somebody (Ash and Ben kiss and hug)
If things continue the way they're going right now (Ben and Ash shopping and in a taxi)
I think this could be a very happy ending for me (Ash with head thrown back laughing during lunch with Ben)

Then a VO by JP:
This is far and away the most incredible (shows Ben and Ash at dinner) place I've ever been...(ends with firebreather and big plume of flame.

8)

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:10 pm

pavalygurl wrote:I just listened to this. One of the things that struck me was them saying how he was away for 2-3 months with out any other distractions...no tv, internet etc. Just him working out and talking to other dudes and one girl about his emotions.
I am sure this experience is a life changer for most. It forces them to think about what it is they want from a relationship. Maybe this is why post show so many of them go on to a successful one.

Finally listened to it. Those two are obviously clueless about how this will end... but at least they are saying JP isn't depressed and heartbroken (can't remember exact words)... and it is amusing that one of them sounds a trifle suspicious. Of course, they were discussing episode #3, the post Bentley Doom & Gloom date... when he spent, like, six hours with her previously... and before she "fell asleep on his chest". Would be mighty curious of their "take" on ep #4.

Funny, I thought all the dudes talked about was Ryan, not their "emotions".
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

J.P. - Thread #2

+71
ninu