SELECT CONTENT

Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion

Page 10 of 45 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Fruit Loops wrote:
Love_Me wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:I know RS talked about it, but it's REALLY interesting to me that Courtney was one of the privileged that was allowed a phone during her season. Was it because she was somewhat famous? Or was it because they knew she was F1 and gave her everything they could to make sure she stayed?

It seems like she wanted to leave at some point while they were filming Ben's season. Maybe being allowed to call home was why she agreed to stay.

And maybe she was allowed to call home because the season was dull, the lead was uninteresting, and Courtney happened to be the only "drama" they had on the show so they could continue their story line of good vs. evil - and with in that continued humiliate Ben quest they had going on against him.

Taking Courtney off the show had no value to the producers. They needed her. And, if they knew that he was really interested in her and no one else - then they may have had no show to let her go. Ben is obstinate and would not have played the 'game' out to the end if he wanted no one. He was NOT their most cooperative lead. And because producers didn't even like him - even a little - it was great delight on their part to be sure that Courtney got the worst edit from beginning to end because it was another way to keep putting screws into Ben.

The offered the girl a phone because they needed her for "a show". It would not surprise me to learn that Courtney's handler even took the time to talk to her sister before she did, just to get her to agree to help talk her into staying. While some might look at it like a gesture of kindness - there is more truth in it being part of the manipulation. It is quite obvious the franchise doesn't care about the people - they''ve exploited many in order to get their shows - being nice to Courtney, granting her the pleasure of a phone call, helping her stay on the show so she can find love, etc.... is not even in character to how behind-the-scene stuff works.

Do we ever know what someone would do?

Do we know that Ben wasn't co-operative and that the producers didn't really like him?

I'm just wondering because that season was such a snoozefest for me and I wasn't watching all that closely. I found Ben boring on Ashley's season and was praying she didn't pick him, and then, unfortunately, he got his own season...and no haircut...and was not just boring, but scummy too. He got to promote his winery and seems to have done well with that...he has even made a promotional stop at one of our local liquor stores. He knows that being on this show is good for business, so I would think that logically, he knows not to rock the boat too much. no idea

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion

Post by albean99 Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:45 am

I don't believe that the producers didn't like Ben. He was invited to Cassie & Peter's wedding and he hangs out with Elan at times.

I know they liked Courtney's flair for drama so that's likely the reason they wanted to keep her. Other's have been able to use phones for business so it's not really a stretch that they'd use her sister to talk her into staying.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion - Page 10 A05addfc217a11e2900e22000a1cbaa0_7

Just started. Work in progress Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion - Page 10 Emoji-E502 favorite Banksy
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Loops Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 am

Sprite wrote:
Fruit Loops wrote:
Love_Me wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:I know RS talked about it, but it's REALLY interesting to me that Courtney was one of the privileged that was allowed a phone during her season. Was it because she was somewhat famous? Or was it because they knew she was F1 and gave her everything they could to make sure she stayed?

It seems like she wanted to leave at some point while they were filming Ben's season. Maybe being allowed to call home was why she agreed to stay.

And maybe she was allowed to call home because the season was dull, the lead was uninteresting, and Courtney happened to be the only "drama" they had on the show so they could continue their story line of good vs. evil - and with in that continued humiliate Ben quest they had going on against him.

Taking Courtney off the show had no value to the producers. They needed her. And, if they knew that he was really interested in her and no one else - then they may have had no show to let her go. Ben is obstinate and would not have played the 'game' out to the end if he wanted no one. He was NOT their most cooperative lead. And because producers didn't even like him - even a little - it was great delight on their part to be sure that Courtney got the worst edit from beginning to end because it was another way to keep putting screws into Ben.

The offered the girl a phone because they needed her for "a show". It would not surprise me to learn that Courtney's handler even took the time to talk to her sister before she did, just to get her to agree to help talk her into staying. While some might look at it like a gesture of kindness - there is more truth in it being part of the manipulation. It is quite obvious the franchise doesn't care about the people - they''ve exploited many in order to get their shows - being nice to Courtney, granting her the pleasure of a phone call, helping her stay on the show so she can find love, etc.... is not even in character to how behind-the-scene stuff works.

Do we know that Ben wasn't co-operative and that the producers didn't really like him?

I'm just wondering because that season was such a snoozefest for me and I wasn't watching all that closely. I found Ben boring on Ashley's season and was praying she didn't pick him, and then, unfortunately, he got his own season...and no haircut...and was not just boring, but scummy too. He got to promote his winery and seems to have done well with that...he has even made a promotional stop at one of our local liquor stores. He knows that being on this show is good for business, so I would think that logically, he knows not to rock the boat too much. no idea

He didn't get even close to the same PR as Jef's people water did coming off the show. And after his behavior toward Ashley H. and many of the crew when he was rejected at the FRC on Ashley's season, you can be sure that he was not on their list of favorites. Fleiss was the one with the negative comments against Ben.

There are two types of people: the cheerios and the fruit loops. Better to be the one than to live one fruit loop shy of a full bowl. :crazed
Fruit Loops
Fruit Loops

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:01 am

then why was he cast as the lead - there were a few other contenders from that season they could've went with - Ryan and Mickey just to name two.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:04 am

I would have actually watched a season with either Ryan or Mickey. I could never figure out why they went with Ben. I did not find him to have much personality or charm on Ashley's season. I did not watch Ben's season (except for the skinny dipping scene that everyone was talking about.)

The US producers just want to play it safe with leads who they see as very malleable. They would never cast a lead as strong minded as the Bachelor Canada, Brad Smith. They'd worry that he'd be harder to manipulate and they are right. I think that's the same reason they chose Sean . But there's a price to be paid for that fear. The producers do not learn from their mistakes. They should have cast Roberto or Arie.

Fleiss was so unhappy with Ben's season that he was public about it less than a year later, at the Master Class in Banff.
Fleiss acknowledges some instalments of “The Bachelor” franchise have worked better than others. He said the last season of “The Bachelor” was kind of soft and there weren’t enough “memorable moments.”
http://metronews.ca/scene/261866/the-bachelor-exec-producer-talks-reality-tv/
Forward to 18:00 to listen to that part here. Courtney was the saving grace for Ben's season, according to Fleiss. There was no way they would have let her go home, even if they had to offer her some plum job post show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWYyG0aMals
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:28 am

yeah - and he tries to tell the world that nothing in fabricated on the show....what a douche.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:29 pm

tigertiz wrote:I would have actually watched a season with either Ryan or Mickey. I could never figure out why they went with Ben. I did not find him to have much personality or charm on Ashley's season. I did not watch Ben's season (except for the skinny dipping scene that everyone was talking about.)

The US producers just want to play it safe with leads who they see as very malleable. They would never cast a lead as strong minded as the Bachelor Canada, Brad Smith. They'd worry that he'd be harder to manipulate and they are right. I think that's the same reason they chose Sean . But there's a price to be paid for that fear. The producers do not learn from their mistakes. They should have cast Roberto or Arie.

Fleiss was so unhappy with Ben's season that he was public about it less than a year later, at the Master Class in Banff.
Fleiss acknowledges some instalments of “The Bachelor” franchise have worked better than others. He said the last season of “The Bachelor” was kind of soft and there weren’t enough “memorable moments.”
http://metronews.ca/scene/261866/the-bachelor-exec-producer-talks-reality-tv/
Forward to 18:00 to listen to that part here. Courtney was the saving grace for Ben's season, according to Fleiss. There was no way they would have let her go home, even if they had to offer her some plum job post show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWYyG0aMals

Oh, I have no doubt that they were disappointed with Ben's season, although for the life of me I can't understand why they were so surprised. He was boring during Ashley's season, he was not the most attractive to begin with and recieved no kind of sprusing up before his own show, and did not have the best temper or much of a sense of humour. I would have expected a flop and that's what they got. They needed drama from the women and Courtney provided that so I understand wanting to keep her. But the producers then did themselves no service when they edited the show the way they did and just made a bad situation worse. For me he was the second worst Bachelor...only Jake the fake was worse..even the season with the prince was better. Still, even though they weren't happy with his season, I don't think they hated Ben, as someone wrote previously, he is still in touch with Elan and was invited to Cassie's wedding. At worst, they basically edited him as a man who thought with his little Ben, and well, let's face it that is not exactly unheard of.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:59 pm

I have a feeling that if Ben wasnt still engaged to Courtney, he would not have been at Cassie's wedding. I think they were invited as a "successful Bachelor couple", period.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:50 pm

tigertiz wrote:I have a feeling that if Ben wasnt still engaged to Courtney, he would not have been at Cassie's wedding. I think they were invited as a "successful Bachelor couple", period.

You could be right. Do we know if any other people from the series were there...who are single?

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by moonpie Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Well, well, well ... Courtney's writing a book about her "experience".

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/articles/courtney-robertsons-new-bachelor-tell-all-is-100-shades-of-grey
moonpie
moonpie

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Fruit Loops wrote:
Sprite wrote:
Fruit Loops wrote:
Love_Me wrote:

I'm just wondering because that season was such a snoozefest for me and I wasn't watching all that closely. I found Ben boring on Ashley's season and was praying she didn't pick him, and then, unfortunately, he got his own season...and no haircut...and was not just boring, but scummy too. He got to promote his winery and seems to have done well with that...he has even made a promotional stop at one of our local liquor stores. He knows that being on this show is good for business, so I would think that logically, he knows not to rock the boat too much. Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion - Page 10 1430875924

He didn't get even close to the same PR as Jef's people water did coming off the show. And after his behavior toward Ashley H. and many of the crew when he was rejected at the FRC on Ashley's season, you can be sure that he was not on their list of favorites. Fleiss was the one with the negative comments against Ben.

I don't recall negative comments by Fleiss against Ben per se, but the season in total. I also don't recall "behavior against many of the crew" when he was rejected by Ashley. And if we want to "go there" I think there was enough from Ashley letting him kneel down and stay a moment to propose that more than prompted any so called bad behavior from him. I hate to still see him take the heat for what was major manipulation of both of them by TPTB. He is made out to be this boring, ill behaved person, and I just don't see it...but it's over now. So let's move forward. Glad he is away from Courtney, and Ash and JP are having a wedding. Good times!

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 45 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion

+105
HavaDrPepper
mbl
Astrobach
mindless
Kels0012