SELECT CONTENT

Future Bachelor/Bachelorette Seasons - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Future Bachelor/Bachelorette Seasons - Spoilers - Discussion Empty Future Bachelor/Bachelorette Seasons - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by NCGalBecca Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Do we still have a general media thread for the show? This guy is in the running to be the next Bachelor - a minor sometimes major league baseball player, Jimmy VanOstrand:

And now, VanOstrand’s received a call from the producers of The Bachelor, wondering if he’d be interested in attending a general casting call in December after an anonymous nomination.

He’s been told that final decisions will be made in January.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Richmond+Jimmy+VanOstrand+still+living+dream+baseball+minors/7384082/story.html#ixzz29NiHaiTM

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Future Bachelor/Bachelorette Seasons - Spoilers - Discussion Empty Re: Future Bachelor/Bachelorette Seasons - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by jlccaz Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:18 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Do we still have a general media thread for the show? This guy is in the running to be the next Bachelor - a minor sometimes major league baseball player, Jimmy VanOstrand:

And now, VanOstrand’s received a call from the producers of The Bachelor, wondering if he’d be interested in attending a general casting call in December after an anonymous nomination.

He’s been told that final decisions will be made in January.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Richmond+Jimmy+VanOstrand+still+living+dream+baseball+minors/7384082/story.html#ixzz29NiHaiTM

Sounds like the kind of guy Casting strings along with encouraging statements about interest in him as Lead, and then flips onto the BachelorETTE cast as a trial run.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Future Bachelor/Bachelorette Seasons - Spoilers - Discussion Empty Re: Future Bachelor/Bachelorette Seasons - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:31 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Do we still have a general media thread for the show?

We do now! Thanks for sharing! :yes: :Smiley:

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 pm

'The Bachelor' Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Dismissed

3:46 PM PDT 10/15/2012 by Eriq Gardner

A class action lawsuit can't survive First Amendment review.

ABC and Warner Horizon Television have won a class action lawsuit that contended The Bachelor violated racial discrimination laws. Here's the ruling.
our editor recommends

A group of Nashville residents led by Nathaniel Claybrooks and Christopher Johnson brought the lawsuit earlier this year, alleging that the roles of the Bachelor and Bachelorette on the hit reality series have failed to feature non-white cast members, and that civil rights law "plainly prohibits whites from refusing to contract with African Americans because of their race."

The defendants pointed to the First Amendment as a bar against such claims.

On Monday, a federal judge agreed and ruled that the lawsuit must be tossed:

"As defendants persuasively argue, casting decisions are a necessary component of any entertainment show's creative content...The plaintiffs seek to drive an artificial wedge between casting decisions and the end product, which itself is indisputably protected as speech by the First Amendment. Thus, regulating the casting process necessarily regulates the end product. In this respect, casting and the resulting work of entertainment are inseparable and must both be protected to ensure that the producers' freedom of speech is not abridged."

Warner Bros. is cheering the decision. In a statement, the company says, "We felt from the onset this case was completely without merit and we are pleased the Court has found in our favor."

From the get-go, when the the lawsuit was filed in April in a Tennessee federal court, the plaintiffs figured to have a tough road in overcoming a First Amendment roadblock.

STORY: 'The Bachelor' Racial Discrimination Lawsuit: Read the Full Complaint

Attorneys for Claybrooks and Johnson, who both tried out for the show and didn't make it, argued that their lawsuit "underscores the significant barriers that people of color continue to face in media and the broader marketplace," and attempted to present the legal theory that producers needed to heed the Civil Rights Act of 1866 and other anti-discrimination laws.

The Bachelor made an attractive target for plaintiffs. As a popular reality show, it has been the subject of those attempting to read larger social messages. And Bachelor executive producer Mike Fleiss has responded to criticisms about the show's diversity by joking in interviews about who has appeared on the show. This might have given the plaintiffs hope of identifying smoking-gun evidence of racism in the show's "decision-making process."

But many courts have given producers wide-latitude in the development of shows. For example, when a former writer's assistant on the NBC show Friends sued for sexual harassment over jokes told in the writers' room, the case was dismissed on grounds that the alleged offensive conduct was part of the creative process.

In June, the defendants pointed to the First Amendment, citing a 1995 Supreme Court decision that determined that parade organizers weren't compelled to include the participation of a gay group and arguing, "Defendants’ expressive choices regarding both the message their programming conveys, and the individuals who convey it, are entitled to broad protection."

EXCLUSIVE: 'Bachelor' Producers Demand Dismissal of Racism Lawsuit

At the preliminary stage of The Bachelor racial discrimination dispute, U.S. District Court judge Aleta Trauger has to assume the truth of the plaintiffs' allegations that the racial composition of the show conveys an influential message to the viewing public, that ABC/Warner made casting decisions to control the message, and that the plaintiffs strongly disagree with that message of one that "perpetuates racial stereotypes."

But even if the plaintiffs are correct that the show adopts an "outdated" sense of mating, Judge Trauger says it is within their rights.

"The Shows' casting decisions are part and parcel of the Shows' creative content, which the plaintiffs seek to reform," writes the judge. "That is plainly an attempt to regulate the content of the Shows, which the First Amendment forbids."

Judge Trauger continues, "The plaintiffs' goals here are laudable: they seek to support the social acceptance of interracial relationships, to eradicate outdated racial taboos, and to encourage television networks not to perpetuate outdated racial stereotypes. Nevertheless, the First Amendment prevents the plaintiffs from effectuating these goals by forcing the defendants to employ race-neutral criteria in their casting decisions in order to 'showcase' a more progressive message."

The ruling is subject to appeal. We'll update further upon response from the plaintiffs.

The defendants were represented by Adam Levin and Seth Pierce at Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp

E-mail: eriq.gardner@thr.com; Twitter: @eriqgardner

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/bachelor-racial-discrimination-lawsuit-dismissed-379100

http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/15/the-bachelor-lawsuit-race-race-discrimination/
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Well reasoned. Wouldn't bother with appealing that one. They've made their point, and probably shamed the producers into a bit more diversity, judging from Sean's cast.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:34 pm

The Bachelor Casting ‏@BachelorCasting

We are searching for our guys for the next #Bachelorette. Please can we get a little RT love? @ariejr @jefholm @MrBrad_Womack
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:49 am

Dustin Rybka ‏@DustinRybka
Submitted by @jacobjohnoff to The Bachelor/Bachelorette. Got a call from ABC network casting today & headed to LA. WTF pic.twitter.com/hhtyOyAw

Future Bachelor/Bachelorette Seasons - Spoilers - Discussion A5nlziTCUAAwnIg
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissC Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:02 am

Great find sanlee! This lets us know when the Bachelorette starts filming! High clap
MissC
MissC

Female Posts : 1412

https://www.facebook.com/candi.m.keller

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:48 am

Great Job, San! cheerleader
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:08 pm

The Bachelor Casting ‏@BachelorCasting

Arizona guys, we are coming for you! Open casting Nov 9th, 4-9pm, @VillageClubs 7477 East Doubletree Ranch Road, Scottsdale. #Bachelorette
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Might need to keep an eye out to see if she comments further for future 'ette seasons or possibly a new non-recycled bach. no idea
Katharine ‏@katharinemead
Nominated our brother for the bachelor and he just got a call from the producer LOL @MsMarciaMiller
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Ran across this earlier...might come in handy later.
Julie Miller Sterz ‏@juelz_ann_tanna
my brother made it into the top 100 people to be on the bachelor/bachelorette. im so proud of him thats completely crazy! hope he gets it!!!
Julie Miller Sterz ‏@juelz_ann_tanna
@natalielynnrose i know!!! he just got off the phone with the lady in charge of casting or whatever, im soooo jealous!
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Future Bachelor/Bachelorette Seasons - Spoilers - Discussion

+45
composer53
Catdwoman50
terabithia
Pattycake92
Cari