SELECT CONTENT

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum - Page 23 Empty Re: Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum

Post by nutty1 Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:18 pm

E! has more details about Emily's wedding tonight.

http://www.eonline.com/news/549105/emily-maynard-marries-tyler-johnson-in-surprise-wedding-ceremony-get-the-details

Surprise!
Emily Maynard is marrying Tyler Johnson tonight in Charlotte, N.C., in front of a number of delightfully surprised guests who thought that they were just attending an engagement party for the former Bachelorette and her fiancé, E! News confirms.
Instead, they they are all summoned to watch the couple say their I-dos at the Johnson family's farm, the plan having been kept secret from all but a few people who had to be let in on the master plan.
So how did Emily and Tyler pull it off?
Guests received an invitation in the form of a viewfinder containing several slides they had to click through to get the picture. No pun intended.
One slide featured the message, "You're invited to Emily and Tyler's engagement party!" while another was a photograph of Emily's mini-me daughter, Ricki, holding a sign that read, "Y'all come!'
The venue was not revealed ahead of time, either, with the guests instead picked up at various locations and shuttled to the party.
E! News was first to report in January that Tyler had popped the question shortly after New Year's, having asked both Emily's father and Ricki's paternal grandparents for permission following a whirlwind courtship. The pair first met at their church.
He gave Emily a diamond-encircled ring that she wore with a stack of pavé bands, creating a super-sparkly effect.
The bride-to-be was guest of honor at an all-girls shower thrown this afternoon, while pals, including Jessie James Decker, threw her a "white trash bash" bachelorette party in May, complete with a cake featuring a blond doll with curlers in its hair and toting a shotgun.
Emily, Tyler and Ricki most recently made for an adorable trio on Memorial Day in a sweet picnic pic the beaming bride-to-be shared on Instagram.
Talking about the couple's wedding plans, a source told us shortly after they got engaged, "Emily has so much style, this will definitely be a country-chic wedding. Expect a lot of personal touches. The stack of engagement rings is the perfect example. It's so her, beautiful but unexpected. That's how the wedding will be."
Beautiful but unexpected? Um...check!
Congratulations to the whole family!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum - Page 23 Empty Re: Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum

Post by ElonM Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:23 pm

http://www.people.com/article/emily-maynard-marries-tyler-johnson

Congrats to Emily and her new family. Glad she changed her name to Emily Johnson.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks MiniDiva and nutty for the updates. I'm looking forward to some pics, I know she'll look gorgeous.

I went to a New Years Eve party once, that was suppose to be a celebration of a newly opened restaurant. Everyone was invited, and no tickets were sold for the event. At 11pm, Here comes the Bride started playing. The owner of the restaurant and his girlfriend got married, along with her little dog wearing a tux. It was a fantastic night and a huge surprise. No one had any idea.

Emily and Tyler planning a surprise wedding, is the perfect way to keep it private. I wish their little family a lifetime of happiness. I think Emily has finally figured herself out.  :married

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Wow, good for her! She seems to have landed a good one.

I expected a large affair, I like a farm house backyard wedding even more. Can't wait for pics!

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum - Page 23 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:04 am

It wasn't a surprise to anyone who looked at her gift registry.  They always have the event date on that.
Ricki is looking cuter all the time.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:50 am

tigertiz wrote:It wasn't a surprise to anyone who looked at her gift registry.  They always have the event date on that.  
Ricki is looking cuter all the time.

Something about Emily Maynard having a Gift Registry doesn't sit well with me. They could have had the date as the Engagement party in order to keep it a surprise?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:02 am

It makes sense that the registry had the shower date. That would've been my assumption since she had the shower earlier in the afternoon.

I don't mind that she had a shower. Is there an unwritten rule about it if you're wealthy?

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum - Page 23 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:27 pm

http://registry.theknot.com/weddingregistrysearch/?st=SearchWidget&sp=Variable&ss=SearchWidget_135<=SearchResults&a=994&FirstName=emily%20&LastName=maynard

It would be really really odd for someone to do a wedding registry search at The Knot, find a registry that says "wedding date" and assume it was for a shower.  It's not as though Emily was telling people she planned a destination wedding.  She has tweeted about wedding cake tastings, etc.  It was clear, in recent weeks, that the wedding itself would be very soon. I think the only surprise was to be the honeymoon destination.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:50 pm

Congratulations to Emily and Tyler! Good for them!

alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:14 pm

bleuberry wrote:It makes sense that the registry had the shower date. That would've been my assumption since she had the shower earlier in the afternoon.

I don't mind that she had a shower. Is there an unwritten rule about it if you're wealthy?

There's no rule that I know of, it's my opinion. If I were in her shoes where I could buy anything I wanted any time I wanted, I would never have a Gift Registry and expect people to buy me gifts. That's just me.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:22 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
bleuberry wrote:It makes sense that the registry had the shower date. That would've been my assumption since she had the shower earlier in the afternoon.

There's no rule that I know of, it's my opinion. If I were in her shoes where I could buy anything I wanted any time I wanted, I would never have a Gift Registry and expect people to buy me gifts. That's just me.
It is very big to have charities listed in lieu of gifts. When my daughter did her wedding website they even asked and donated a certain portion to a favored charity. You don't have to register for gifts--it's a choice and you can choose charity, if you want. 
Many in lieu of wedding favors will have a card at each table setting indicating that a donation was made in the couples' honor to their charity of choice. I know if I ever have to plan another wedding I am going to do this to replace the stupid, useless wedding favor.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:26 pm

We went to a wedding recently where there was a side table with 3 decorated boxes for 3 different charities.  At each table, there was a description of the charities. At each place setting, the guest filled out a card for their favorite charity and dropped it in the appropriate box during the evening.  Then the bridal couple made a donation , in proportion to the "votes" each of the charities received from the wedding guests. I thought it was nice to participate in that way. Some guests dropped cash in the boxes as well.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum

+110
alwayscooking
gurlbrit
TrishB
Aria
BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure