SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 16 of 81 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 48 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NiagaraParks - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by albean99 Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:03 pm

I have friends there and it was pretty bad trying to drive to work, GA. I saw the cutest pic on GMA this morning. Someone made the best of it by building a bunch of snowmen in their yard and giving them frowny faces.   giggling

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15346

Back to top Go down

NiagaraParks - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:03 am

GuardianAngel wrote:I am so glad this isn't near me, but feel for my fellow Canadians out west. This is crazy! Geesh!!!

Mario Roy ‏@MarioWRoy  Sep 10
Calgary NOW
NiagaraParks - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 16 BxMqskWIAAAjp9O

Holy crap! My hubby is headed to Canada next week for his job and will be there for three weeks. I thought he said Calgary area. It is in the 90s here, I hope he is prepared to be cold and wet. Is this normal for September?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:09 am

stuckinsc wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I am so glad this isn't near me, but feel for my fellow Canadians out west. This is crazy! Geesh!!!

Mario Roy ‏@MarioWRoy  Sep 10
Calgary NOW
NiagaraParks - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 16 BxMqskWIAAAjp9O

Holy crap!  My hubby is headed to Canada next week for his job and will be there for three weeks.  I thought he said Calgary area.  It is in the 90s here, I hope he is prepared to be cold and wet.  Is this normal for September?

No it's not. Calgary's a funny place with weather but that's really early.  I read that it will be getting warmer so he'll probably be fine. One thing to know about the weather there is that even in the summer it can be warm enough for shorts in the day but you need a jacket & jeans once the sun goes down. He should bring layers and check the forecast for what it's worth.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:53 am

albean99 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

Holy crap!  My hubby is headed to Canada next week for his job and will be there for three weeks.  I thought he said Calgary area.  It is in the 90s here, I hope he is prepared to be cold and wet.  Is this normal for September?

No it's not. Calgary's a funny place with weather but that's really early.  I read that it will be getting warmer so he'll probably be fine. One thing to know about the weather there is that even in the summer it can be warm enough for shorts in the day but you need a jacket & jeans once the sun goes down. He should bring layers and check the forecast for what it's worth.

I will make sure that he knows. He is going to be gone for a month and has to spend the first week in business meetings in CA. He is not going to be a happy camper packing this weekend. giggling

Oh, well. Is there desert in central/western Canada? Usually the stuff he does is in more desert type areas? He said he had been warned that the mosquitoes would be bad. I can't wait to show him this pic.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:30 am

That kind of weather is what you see in December/January. It's crazy to think they've been dealing with that for over a week now.

There aren't any desert's in Calgary, but it's gorgeous filled with mountains lakes and never ending trees. Bean would know better, I think you lived there?

They are calling it Snow-tember. laugh out loud I would be so miserable.

I looked at the weather forcast, it looks like it will warm up to the 70's. I know that still cool for SC but I'm sure it will be a warm welcome for those folks!
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71516

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Snow to the 70s. Sounds like great weather to make everyone sick.

I have been working late nights, so haven't gotten to see hubby more than 10 minutes in the morning. I will have to check on where he is going tomorrow and warn him.

Albean, it is funny, he is going to where you are from and you have his home state team as your avi. We are thinking of moving to Knoxville. He is from east Tennessee originally.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:58 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
albean99 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I will make sure that he knows.  He is going to be gone for a month and has to spend the first week in business meetings in CA.  He is not going to be a happy camper packing this weekend.  giggling

Oh, well.  Is there desert in central/western Canada?  Usually the stuff he does is in more desert type areas?  He said he had been warned that the mosquitoes would be bad.  I can't wait to show him this pic.
No desert that I know about but Alberta is a prairie province. Maybe he's going to the Badlands. It looks like it's getting into a high of the 70s or 60s by Monday but lows are in the 40s. What I remember about Calgary is that the weather can change a lot in just a few hours. They almost never plowed the snow because it would melt when a Chinook wind came in.

I guess I forgot to post this so will use it anyway.   giggling   We loved living in TN and UT Knoxville is our adopted U.S. college.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:42 pm

The badlands sounds familiar. Honestly, he can only talk about parts of what he does, so I tend to tune out. Bad wife. cantstopl

I am pushing for the move to TN. I love the area. I swore I would never be land locked but it is just beautiful there and Knoxville is a funky little city.

I will still call Tennessee the wrong UT, but that is okay. I just prefer my orange burnt instead of flowery. giggling
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 pm

stuckinsc wrote:The badlands sounds familiar.  Honestly, he can only talk about parts of what he does, so I tend to tune out.  Bad wife. cantstopl

I am pushing for the move to TN.  I love the area.  I swore I would never be land locked but it is just beautiful there and Knoxville is a funky little city.

I will still call Tennessee the wrong UT, but that is okay.  I just prefer my orange burnt instead of flowery. giggling
UT Austin is okay although they're worse than TN these days. I'd love to move back to Tennessee although prefer the Nashville area. I'm always happy once I get to the rolling hills & trees.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:04 pm

albean99 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:The badlands sounds familiar.  Honestly, he can only talk about parts of what he does, so I tend to tune out.  Bad wife. cantstopl

I am pushing for the move to TN.  I love the area.  I swore I would never be land locked but it is just beautiful there and Knoxville is a funky little city.

I will still call Tennessee the wrong UT, but that is okay.  I just prefer my orange burnt instead of flowery. giggling
UT Austin is okay although they're worse than TN these days. I'd love to move back to Tennessee although prefer the Nashville area. I'm always happy once I get to the rolling hills & trees.

Austin has some hills too, though when I moved to Atlanta I did have to laugh about Austin being in the "Hill Country".

It is a rough year to be a UT football fan. I didn't realize how out of control the program had gotten and Charlie Strong will be good, but the boys are resisting any sort of discipline.

I am hoping to get accepted to a conference in Nashville in January. It is a really fun city and kind of quirky too. I like quirky places. Augusta is not quirky at all and James Brown was from here so that is just sad.

You can use my hubby's Tennessee joke if you like. He says that Tennessee sent all their dumbest people to Texas and it raised the IQ in both states. Hugesmile

BTW, he is going east and west of Toronto to do stuff near the Great Lakes. I asked him why I thought he was going to Calgary? He told me I must have been thinking of old olympic stuff. Oh well. If he gets to go to Toronto I am going to be really jealous. Toronto is on my wish list of places to visit. Much better than his twice yearly trips to Vegas.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:10 pm

stuckinsc wrote:

snipped....

BTW, he is going east and west of Toronto to do stuff near the Great Lakes.  I asked him why I thought he was going to Calgary?  He told me I must have been thinking of old olympic stuff.  Oh well.  If he gets to go to Toronto I am going to be really jealous.  Toronto is on my wish list of places to visit.  Much better than his twice yearly trips to Vegas.  

He's coming to my neck of the woods! Now I want to know where east and west of Toronto. That's funny that he thought you may be thinking of Olympic stuff. laugh out loud
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71516

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:25 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

snipped....

BTW, he is going east and west of Toronto to do stuff near the Great Lakes.  I asked him why I thought he was going to Calgary?  He told me I must have been thinking of old olympic stuff.  Oh well.  If he gets to go to Toronto I am going to be really jealous.  Toronto is on my wish list of places to visit.  Much better than his twice yearly trips to Vegas.  

He's coming to my neck of the woods! Now I want to know where east and west of Toronto. That's funny that he thought you may be thinking of Olympic stuff. laugh out loud

I will ask him again tomorrow, he is an early to sleep guy so already in bed. Hugesmile
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 81 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 48 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny