SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 40 of 81 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CanadaDay - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Newto Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:17 am

When does it end? What has happened to civilization in general? I'd sure like to know.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

CanadaDay - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:44 pm

For those who may be within the driving distance of the Niagara Region and can't get tickets to The Tragically Hip's farewell Tour. I am not far from the Meridian Centre, I can pick up tickets if anyone wants them.

NewsTalk 610 CKTB ‏@610CKTB  3h3 hours ago
.@MeridianCtre in @St_Catharines will live stream @thehipdotcom concert. Details: https://shar.es/1Z2SUd

News in Niagara

News>Meridian Centre will live stream Hip concert
Meridian Centre will live stream Hip concert
You will be able to watch the Tragically Hip's final concert on the big screen at the Meridian Centre in St.Catharines.

Residents are invited to gather at the Meridian Centre to see the CBC’s and The Tragically Hip’s presentation of “The Tragically Hip: A National Celebration” on Saturday, Aug. 20.

Admission is free, but seating is limited and tickets are required to get into the show.

Tickets are available at the Meridian Centre box office.

The CBC is broadcasting the concert, taking place in Kingston, commercial-free to all of Canada on TV, radio and online.

The CBC will permit the Meridian Centre to live stream the broadcast on the large screens on the four-sided scoreboard with concert-quality audio.

Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and the broadcast begins at 8:30 p.m.

Residents interested in attending the broadcast should get tickets in advance to ensure they have a seat.

Tickets are limited to four per person.

Concessions will be available for purchase.

The Canadian Cancer Society will be on site collecting donations in Gord Downie’s honour.

The Meridian Centre is located at 1 IceDogs Way. The box office is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71486

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:06 pm

I really think Amber Alerts are a great idea but do they have to air it in that manner! It blasts through your TV, it sound's like the TV is going to explode with a honking fire alarm system. They have to change this!!

Anyone else experience this during Amber Alerts?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:13 pm

I get a notification on my phone. They will announce it on the news. I have never noticed an alert on tv.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:20 pm

I've not heard them on my TV either. I think I've heard them on the radio.

Newto
Newto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:43 am

GuardianAngel wrote:I really think Amber Alerts are a great idea but do they have to air it in that manner! It blasts through your TV, it sound's like the TV is going to explode with a honking fire alarm system. They have to change this!!

Anyone else experience this during Amber Alerts?

Yes. I get that they are trying to get your attention, but you would think that they could come up with something better. They should also be posting a picture.

Where you watching TVO? All the times I've heard it it's been on that station.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:35 am

I can remember about a year or so ago, my phone went off with an alert sound I had never heard before. It was in the middle of the night, waking me from a sound sleep, and scared the daylights out of me. It was SOOOO loud. People complained and I think after that some rules were changed. It may have coincided with when the Iphone 6 came out, or I could be wrong. Anyway, they changed it to only send the alert when it is within a certain distance of where the abduction takes place, and I think the notification sound was changed also. I live in California, and I have since had alerts when the abduction is near me and no alert when they are out of the area. I think so many people complained and turned the notification off on their Iphone.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:21 am

I don't think these need to wake up a sleeping person. Perhaps the only solution is to put the phone on "vibrate" when going to bed. IDK as I don't have an I-phone.

I agree that amber alerts are important but I can see why people complained.

Newto
Newto

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:28 am

I do not take my phone to bed. So that takes care of quite a bit.
My philosophy has now come full circle that if I miss a phone call so be it.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:29 am

I wasn't watching TVO, I was on CTV. This has happened before and there were a lot of complaints.

It's a great idea, but it needs to be tweaked IMO

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:59 pm

I thought this was a universal procedure? We move over for all, even if there is a vehicle on the side of the road or for a funeral. Everyone pulls over to the side.

Volunteer firefighters seek support for Move Over Law
It’s called the Move Over law.
Drivers are required to pull over when they see an emergency vehicle approaching with its red and white lights flashing. But the law doesn’t apply to volunteer firefighters on their way to an emergency.
They have flashing green lights on their vehicles. Now those volunteers are asking for motorists to pull over for them as well.
Steve Guthrie has the story:

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:54 pm

What used to be universal or simply good sense or manners is no more.
It is behavior that was drummed into me growing up.
I don't know if it's generally known anymore. I will often see sirens in my rear view and pull over and put my hazards on while cars will zip past me.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 81 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny