SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 46 of 81 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Linds911 Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Diana wrote:I am a mommy! Baby Hazel born 10/26/16 heartbeat

Congrats! What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 1f476

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 8367-910 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 I_got_13 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 E5kqdm15 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by casjacknick Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:36 pm

@Diana I don't know how I missed this but Congrats!!! I wish you happiness and sleep.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:18 pm

It's time, my Canadian friends. Don't forget to support our Veterans.

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 Z

Wiki

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:51 pm

Enjoying the beauty of fall before the white stuff starts flying around. Would much rather have leaves flying around.

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 Img_2010

Taken with my phone.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:18 am

Makes me sad to read about the tornado in Italy and earthquake Oklahoma. I hope everyone is safe. sad

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:23 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/leonard-cohen-dead-at-82-w449792

What a voice, great memories listening to his music.

RIP Leonard Cohen

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:21 am

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 9k=

askides.com

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 9k=

kidzworld.com
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:15 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American members and guests. Enjoy your day with family and friends giving thanks for all that we are grateful for! If you're travelling, be safe!

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 46 2Q==

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Junequilts Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:14 pm

A message I got today from my cousin, whose daughter has been fighting cancer for most of her 7 years. He is still giving thanks'

"
Unfortunately we did not receive the news we were hoping for. Doctor Maude notified us early in the evening to let us know that Katie's Humanized T-cell therapy with the added drug pembrolizumab did not remove Katie's leukemia. Katie has always tested CD 19 positive and it has now mutated to CD 22 Positive. Our options are drastically disappearing. Anne and I are left with basically 2 options left. Try a Cart 22 trial at CHOP or NIH in Maryland, which has had limited success if any, or return to Sick kids and try a drug called immtuzamab to try and get her back into remission for another transplant at Sick kids. Some very difficult decisions for us. Either way, we are coming home early on Saturday. Katie just wants home and there is no need for us to stay any longer in Philadelphia. Once we arrive home, we will be heading to Sick kids to meet with the Oncology team and possibly the transplant team to discuss our options. Katie will also require chemo to keep her Lukemia under control until some decisions are finalized. Feeling very deflated and heartbroken, but as we celebrate Thanksgiving in the USA today, we are thankful for the Doctors and Nurses who have provided anazing care for our little girl and we give thanks to all our family, friends and people we have met along our journey who have supported us emotionly, spirituality and financially. We are most thankful that we are still able to celebrate Thanksgiving with our little girl at the table. One thing for sure, Katie is a fighter and mommy and daddy will stop at nothing and will exhaust all options to save our daughter from this terrible disease called cancer. With Anne Hodgkinson"

Junequilts
Junequilts

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:54 pm

@Junequilts I just saw your post. I'm so sorry to hear the struggles the young girl has had to endure. Prayers for good news.

This is one of the reasons that makes me be proud to be Canadian.

Black rights activist Viola Desmond, who was jailed for defiantly sitting in the "whites only" section of a Nova Scotia film house, will be the first Canadian woman to be featured on the country's $10 bill.

Finance Minister Bill Morneau and Bank of Canada governor Stephen Poloz announced the selection of the groundbreaking beautician and businesswoman during an announcement today at the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau, Que.

Desmond's image will replace that of Sir John A. Macdonald, Canada's first prime minister, on the purple banknote beginning in 2018.
Desmond is often referred to as "Canada's Rosa Parks," though her historic act of defiance occurred nine years before Parks famously refused to give up her seat on a bus in Montgomery, Ala.

'It's a really big day to have my big sister on a banknote.'

- Wanda Robson, 89

At age 32, Desmond decided to go to the Roseland Theatre to see a movie while her car was getting fixed on Nov. 8, 1946, but she was thrown out of the "whites only" section and sent to jail. Black people could only sit in the balcony of the theatre.

The next morning, Desmond was convicted of defrauding the province of a one penny tax, the difference in tax between a downstairs and upstairs ticket, even though Desmond had asked to pay the one cent difference.

Desmond was released after paying a $20 fine and $6 in court costs. She appealed her conviction but lost.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-banknote-woman-1.3885844

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hdman Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:20 am

It's finally warmed up today, it's only -33, this morning..

hdman

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:50 am

Yikes! No disrespect but I hope it stays there! We are suppose to get 5-10cm of snow on Sunday night. That will be our first snowfall. Pretty good considering it's December. I hope they are wrong and we can be scott free for December. I doubt it though.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 81 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny