SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2

Page 1 of 50 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

catherine - Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2 Empty Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2

Post by Love_Me Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:55 am

This thread is for anyone here that wishes to discuss Sean and Catherine.

You can share your opinions as long as our rules are followed.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[quote defaultattr=""]There are " PLENTY" of situations that we don't know happening in their private lives though we are all entitled of our own biased opinions and wild speculations but I will give them my benefit of the doubt.   Praying[/quote]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]mariasarah!

Last edited by Love_Me on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

catherine - Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2

Post by Love_Me Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:57 am

Previous Thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

catherine - Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2

Post by ceebeedeedum Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Thanks for the new thread Love_Me!

Ok, I'll start this one with a question for everyone.

Does expressing doubts about a Bach couple's relationship, e.g. not ending in marriage, poor compatibility, have ulterior motives, etc. mean you want the couple to fail? Does being doubtful = negativity?

Inquiring minds wanna know! Hugesmile

Don't break anybody's heart, they have only one. Break their bones, they have 206.
ceebeedeedum
ceebeedeedum

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:55 pm

I just know this show's record and it sucks! Especially, if they all start living in the same state! When do you ever get away from that 'Bachelor Nation' bubble?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:13 pm

ceebeedeedum wrote:Thanks for the new thread Love_Me!

Does expressing doubts about a Bach couple's relationship, e.g. not ending in marriage, poor compatibility, have ulterior motives, etc. mean you want the couple to fail? Does being doubtful = negativity?

Speaking for myself, no. I wish everyone happiness and good health because that is what I would want for me and mine.
There are many factors involved depending on the couple that determine whether one thinks things will last or not. Even under the best of conditions, with the glass half full, only about 45% of marriages make it. I don't care for speculating because that's a snowball rolling downhill and out of control, in my book. But I do enjoy connecting dots.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:43 pm

I was pretty upset during the Brad/Emily season when anyone who expressed doubts about whether they would last got called a hater. I remember posting that being pessimistic about a couple's chances does not make us haters....especially since much of the pessimism was based on genuine observations of their actions, not to mention the shows track record. I think optimistic/pessimistic is a less offensive way to decribe differences. JMHO. :Smiley:
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty jmai Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Not at all! I am an optimist myself but also realistic! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion or interpretation of any situation. Things on the 'other side' can be a bit over-zealous at times but I respect that, just as I hope that people can respect my views--after all, we can agree to disagree! :cutesmile!:

pretty jmai

Female Posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:58 pm

People who have a normal dose of cynicism for relationships who are manufactured out of a reality tv show can be a very positive
person in real life and towards people they actually know. These are normal people.

It is easy to have faith in relationships that have no agenda no ambition for hollywood fame and money. I will always have faith in simple
real life relationships. In most cases, the bachelor makes a mockery of real life relationships. NG's posts about the psychological manipulations behind
the show explains it.

I just think the latest bachelor is just good at conning people that this is about love. One of the things that interest me about him is his
talent in spewing flowery words that despite of it being too contrived is believed by a lot of people. As one study puts it, put Jesus in a sentence
or anything about God and people will believe you. I am interested in the greed and lust for fame that drive a bachelor couple to be together despite
the fact that they really do not know each other that well yet.

His best lines

'I'm crazy about you'
Im crazy about your sister
I love her but not in love with her
On why he he led Lindsay on : God reveals things on his own time

I dont like fame --- (this is a good one)

So many other stuff that he says is not aligned with his behavior. People deny that he might be a grade A BSer because he puts "im christian"
in his brand. This is not to say Catherine is a wilting flower, compliant to his every whim. She benefits from all of this too.
It's easy to be "in love" with each other when it gives them fame, money, 700,000 twitter followers etc etc.

A producer said it best, reality tv show is another aesthetic form of fiction. So why should someone be branded as "negative"
when describing the behavior of a "fictional" character?
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:23 pm

I watch this show in the same way and for similar reasons that I watch Survivor...to observe and be entertained by human interaction, to see how people respond to unusual and contrived life situations and how they change as they come out the other side. Much like reading a novel, as Charriot mentioned above. It is fascinating. Now and then, a really endearing couple is formed (ie Ashley and JP) and that is an added bonus which appeals to the romantic in me.

So, no, I don't wish failure on anyone and I love it when "true love" happens, but I don't see it often and it really has little to do with why I enjoy the show. Oh, and there is the added fun of having such a great place as this to come to to hear what everyone else has to say!

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Below is an excerpt from an interview with Sean. The order that he listed DWTS and meeting Cat should sum up why I'm skeptical about Sean and Cat staying together :giggle:

"THE SHOW THAT’S CHANGED HIS LIFE THE MOST?

“Definitely The Bachelor for two reasons: one, it propelled me into the opportunity to be on Dancing With The Stars and secondly, I met the love of my life, Catherine, and we couldn’t be more happier. All of this fame and attention I’m now getting will eventually fade away but Catherine and I will be together for the rest of our lives after we’re married."

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:59 pm

northernviewer wrote:Below is an excerpt from an interview with Sean. The order that he listed DWTS and meeting Cat should sum up why I'm skeptical about Sean and Cat staying together :giggle:

"THE SHOW THAT’S CHANGED HIS LIFE THE MOST?

“Definitely The Bachelor for two reasons: one, it propelled me into the opportunity to be on Dancing With The Stars and secondly, I met the love of my life, Catherine, and we couldn’t be more happier. All of this fame and attention I’m now getting will eventually fade away but Catherine and I will be together for the rest of our lives after we’re married."

That's pretty cringeworthy!

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by ceebeedeedum Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Perhaps it's because Sean has been in a reality show for 4 months straight now that makes him appear artificial and manufactured to me. His interview responses also sound scripted. Then again, this is the ONLY Bach season I've watched, so maybe all bachs act and say the exact same lines.

Someone noted that both Cat's parents have gone on record in support of the couple. Meanwhile the Lowes have yet to say anything other than show up in the DWTS audience to support Sean. I find that intriguing to say the least.

Last edited by ceebeedeedum on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
ceebeedeedum
ceebeedeedum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 50 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2

+60
mbs
Sprite
tigertiz
lavenderred
Brill