SELECT CONTENT

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Page 21 of 62 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 41 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3 - Page 21 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Post by Reality Mary Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:30 pm

Beeleever wrote:
Alexxxx wrote:
Beeleever wrote:I think Ash sees Bentley first next week, if I'm not mistaken?

On her date with Lucas in the preview, Ashley says, "I'm having a really good time with Lucas. I haven't thought about Bentley at all, so that's a good sign". Okay, if Bentley had her heart and is a stumbling block to her being able to fully commit to someone else, would she be over him that quickly? So quickly, in fact, as to not even think about him when she is with Lucas...a guy she hasn't even developed feelings for?

Sometimes the producers shoot themselves in the foot with their bad editing... no no

Huh? In order to make that statement she has to think about The Bent One, which contradicts the statement. Nothing is in the edit accidentally. Even if that statement is a VO added later (which is what it sounds like), it was done deliberately to tell her story. Her words contradict her actions. She's mixed up. I expect to hear about The Bent One all the way up through FRC deliberations.

Totally agree! They have their storyboard for the season and they stick to it. It is the Bentley versus others show and they are no accidents in editing, everything put into the week's show serves a purpose... (did that for Beeleever)

My point exactly, Alexxxx. TPTB sit in the editing room and go over hours and hours footage. They choose each and every second of what is shown and I agree, there are no accidents.

While I hope you are wrong about having to hear about the "B" word through the FRC deliberations, I fear you are right. duh hissyfit duh
Reality Mary
Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3 - Page 21 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Post by Reality Mary Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:32 pm

Shoot I did it again. I messed up and put my quote into Beelever's quote. Sorry

This is my quote:

Totally agree! They have their storyboard for the season and they stick to it. It is the Bentley versus others show and they are no accidents in editing, everything put into the week's show serves a purpose... (did that for Beeleever) Embarassed
Reality Mary
Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:33 pm

ironcat wrote:
Beeleever wrote:
Kelad9 wrote:
cupcakes wrote:
Beeleever wrote:
cupcakes wrote:
Kelad9 wrote:If you guys rewatch the grapevine video, I don't think that Ashley is 100% happy to see Bentley coming back. there's some dread but not an ounce of happiness in those eyes. IMO. i think the dread feeling has to do with her not being sure of her feelings for some of the guys there and she's afraid seeing Bentley will bring back her feelings that she originally had for him. I think that after she sees Bentley, she's going to be happy on the dates that follow but then that rc will bring her back to the dark place. JMO.

I think her BL shows that she is a little pissed when she's going to meet Bentley at the hotel with a little bit of nervousness but I don't think that's because she still has feelings for him. JMO.

But then why is she kissing him? laugh out loud

Who went in for the kiss first CC, Ash or Bentley? Just curious...

Ash sticks her head into his face and then both go for it laugh out loud

maybe tptb wanted him to relax his guard so he can screw up with her face to face? who knows... I'm not understanding this season much in terms of the Bentley edit But I am firmly on team ashley and hope she'll be happy with whoever she picks at the end. Smiley

Thanks for the clip, Blu. We have to keep in mind that if we believe Ash is not in on any of this, at this point, she stills thinks Bentley is a stand-up guy that left because he couldn't bear to be away from his daughter any longer. There is probably some middle ground where she is still considering him and wondering what could have been but also developing strong feelings for others. Ash would want to kiss him to see if her feelings are real, but once she realizes he is not there to fight for her, she is okay with that and gets the closure she needs to move on.

I agree, and also, lying CH just told her that Bentley "flew halfway around the world" to see her. Why would she be mad or cold to the creep at this point, she's still in the dark about his true intentions. If anything, she may even feel a little guilty (blech) if she suspects that while her feelings toward him may have cooled, he has come back because he's still interested in her.

Fleiss made no secret of his love for Ali from the beginning so it's no surprise she got a great edit on her season; she also picked a great guy, had a great F2, but went along with all the drama, led the other guys on when she had to, and pretty much made things easy for Fleiss. I don't think Fleiss disliked Ashley, but I suspect she had a hard time "dating" and showing interest in lots of guys at the same time. When she focused on one initially (Bentley), who wasn't even interested in her and decided to leave rather than keep playing along, then switched her focus largely to another guy (JP), and acted standoffish to most of the remaining guys, particularly the ones who were prone to be more physically aggressive with her (and thus make for "good TV"), I think he decided that portraying Bentley as the worst villain ever and, throwing Ashley under the bus as a consequence, was the only way to have material to work with to create an "interesting" season. There has been speculation about how much of what Bentley said about Ashley was really in the moment, and how many of those insults were made before he met her (during casting) or after he decided to leave. Maybe there's some truth to that, and in his parting interview, he was "encouraged" to make some of those awful remarks. Then the producers pretty much force him to come back on the show for Ashley's "closure". Doesn't mean that Bentley isn't still a creep, but it explains why he and his friends are claiming it was edited to look worse.

Ironcat, you hit the nail on the head! While I don't think Fleiss dislikes Ashley he definitely had to work a lot harder on the editing/marketing/storytelling this season. Ashley didn't go along with the usual script of pretending to be falling for multiple people. Bentley was called in for added drama when they realized that Ashley had a tough time with the process. And yes, Bentley is still a creep...but I would love to see how many of the comments he made about her may not have had anything to do with her.

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:52 pm

Reality Mary wrote:Shoot I did it again. I messed up and put my quote into Beelever's quote. Sorry

This is my quote:

Totally agree! They have their storyboard for the season and they stick to it. It is the Bentley versus others show and they are no accidents in editing, everything put into the week's show serves a purpose... (did that for Beeleever) Embarassed

No worries Mary girl...get out of jail free cards are passed out in abundance here!

BTW, your penance for messing up is; you must go directly to the Bachelorette Fun Thread and view your favorite Fanvid of Ashley and JP or Ben, whichever one blows your hair back! Do not pass Go and do not collect your $200. JK Mary girl! :hug:
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:55 pm

[quote="Beeleever"]
cupcakes wrote:
Kelad9 wrote:If you guys rewatch the grapevine video, I don't think that Ashley is 100% happy to see Bentley coming back. there's some dread but not an ounce of happiness in those eyes. IMO. i think the dread feeling has to do with her not being sure of her feelings for some of the guys there and she's afraid seeing Bentley will bring back her feelings that she originally had for him. I think that after she sees Bentley, she's going to be happy on the dates that follow but then that rc will bring her back to the dark place. JMO.

I think her BL shows that she is a little pissed when she's going to meet Bentley at the hotel with a little bit of nervousness but I don't think that's because she still has feelings for him. JMO.

But then why is she kissing him? lol

I think it was just a "friendly greeting" not a mad, passionate kiss. Besides, she probably realizes very quickly that she was clinging to the idea of him and nothing that had really ever happened. One kiss and she probably knew that "ew, he is not JP or Ben ...yuck!"

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:17 pm

Do you think they will show the kiss between Ashley and Bentley this Monday?
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Love_Me wrote:Do you think they will show the kiss between Ashley and Bentley this Monday?
I bet they will. But I'm not sure that kiss is what they want us to believe it is.. JMO.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:26 pm

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/bachelorette-speculation-could-ashley-hebert-be-engaged-to-the-other-final-guy

This was posted in the non-discussion media thread. Basically it's a discussion on why Ashley could be engaged to the other final two guy. I think sometimes it's too easy to accept what we've read or even what we think we're seeing on the show. If you like JP the best, the spoilers say it's him, and you see the chemistry why not assume it's him? Even though he's not my favorite, I can see why people like JP and think it's him. I find it interesting to look at the possibility that it could be someone else but especially Ben since he's become my favorite (along with Ames). I think the love or chemistry has come more slowly with Ben but do think we're starting to see it. Maybe JP is like Kiptyn was with Jillian, always chemistry but other guys went past him as time went on. I'm very interested in seeing the editing as Bentley finally goes away.

This quote from Ashley's blog in the article really does give me some hope that Ben's in the running especially the last part.

At this point, I started to see the guys in a completely different light, especially Ben F. He took it upon himself to paint a mural for the children and was a standout guy in terms of interacting with the children. It really melted my heart, and I feel like this helped solidify my feelings for him. [...] Looking back at this week, the most important lesson I took away is that the best type of love starts off with a slow burn, and eventually turns into something much brighter than a spark ever could.
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15346

Back to top Go down

Post by jello1592 Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:29 pm

albean99 wrote:http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/bachelorette-speculation-could-ashley-hebert-be-engaged-to-the-other-final-guy

This was posted in the non-discussion media thread. Basically it's a discussion on why Ashley could be engaged to the other final two guy. I think sometimes it's too easy to accept what we've read or even what we think we're seeing on the show. If you like JP the best, the spoilers say it's him, and you see the chemistry why not assume it's him? Even though he's not my favorite, I can see why people like JP and think it's him. I find it interesting to look at the possibility that it could be someone else but especially Ben since he's become my favorite (along with Ames). I think the love or chemistry has come more slowly with Ben but do think we're starting to see it. Maybe JP is like Kiptyn was with Jillian, always chemistry but other guys went past him as time went on. I'm very interested in seeing the editing as Bentley finally goes away.

This quote from Ashley's blog in the article really does give me some hope that Ben's in the running especially the last part.

At this point, I started to see the guys in a completely different light, especially Ben F. He took it upon himself to paint a mural for the children and was a standout guy in terms of interacting with the children. It really melted my heart, and I feel like this helped solidify my feelings for him. [...] Looking back at this week, the most important lesson I took away is that the best type of love starts off with a slow burn, and eventually turns into something much brighter than a spark ever could.

Interesting.....

Romans 8: 37-39
PINKHEART
jello1592
jello1592

Female Posts : 3284

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:09 pm

albean99 wrote:http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/bachelorette-speculation-could-ashley-hebert-be-engaged-to-the-other-final-guy

This slow burn quote is one of the things I also find very interesting regarding Ben. There is no way JP could be seen as a slow burn, or Bentley.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:19 pm

pavalygurl wrote:This slow burn quote is one of the things I also find very interesting regarding Ben. There is no way JP could be seen as a slow burn, or Bentley.

I can most readily see the "spark" as referring to Bentley and the "slow burn" as anybody else besides Bentley.

I'm not sure how "slow burn" fits Ben F - he's more of a slow start with - up to now - no burn that I have been able to see inspite of looking.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:This slow burn quote is one of the things I also find very interesting regarding Ben. There is no way JP could be seen as a slow burn, or Bentley.

I can most readily see the "spark" as referring to Bentley and the "slow burn" as anybody else besides Bentley.

I'm not sure how "slow burn" fits Ben F - he's more of a slow start with - up to now - no burn that I have been able to see inspite of looking.

Good Post I agree Bentley was definately the spark... anyone else in the show would be slow burn even JP since technically she didn't really notice any of the guys until after Bentley left. Thou I do think she noticed JP night 1, she was more focused on Bentley then IMO.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 62 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 41 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

+79
NanaMary
snowyglow12
Samantharose
sunnymicki
northernviewer