SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - General Discussion

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - General Discussion

Post by instinct Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:18 pm

shabak1rc wrote:I think everyone is making a big deal out of nothing, Sean was joking with his sister and Peta.  Please lets take it as it is, a joke.  We all makes jokes with our friends and family.  It a joke nothing else but a joke

Maybe you could explain what the joke was about.  Was it:

a)  no way could his niece ever be as good as Peta, thus sign her up for Hooters instead
or
b)  why would his niece aspire to be like Peta, implying that Peta wasn't a good role model

I'm being serious - I really didn't understand what he was saying.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - General Discussion

Post by northernviewer Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:31 pm

why do some continue to make excuses for him?  in what world is talking about a child wanting to be a dancer, and equating it to working at Hooters a funny joke??  seriously, how is this considered humourous?  I can bet Peta, his sister or niece isn't laughing?  anymore than than what's her name was when he dissed her for not paying for his food?  the guy's a jerk... and it's becoming more and more evident as he's speaking without a handler with him.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by mare2 Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:35 pm

northernviewer wrote:why do some continue to make excuses for him?  in what world is talking about a child wanting to be a dancer, and equating it to working at Hooters a funny joke??  seriously, how is this considered humourous?  I can bet Peta, his sister or niece isn't laughing?  anymore than than what's her name was when he dissed her for not paying for his food?  the guy's a jerk... and it's becoming more and more evident as he's speaking without a handler with him.

Yes! And I actually like Sean, but that was totally inappropriate. I'm surprised he even hit 'post' (or whatever) on that one. What was he thinking?

Not funny. I kind of want him to go away now.

glazedover wrote: 
We are all entitled to our opinions. No need for everyone to see things the same way. A joke another person's expense, especially a friend's, is a bad joke. Sometimes a joke is a window into someone's true feelings. For me, this was a window into an unpleasant side of his character, and not the first one I have seen. People are complex. We all have good and bad sides. 

I also had a negative response to the ridiculous "interview" on TradioV. I still ove Catherine, but Sean is much too self-impressed for my taste, shows too much need to be the top dog, or "leader" as he calls it. Whether this is his true nature or stems from insecurity is an interesting question. Or not.

:yes:

mare2

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:03 pm

just curious... how did his sister respond?

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 pm

The great thing about this forum is opinions are allowed to be voiced in a respectful and even shall I say it--yes, I shall--cynical manner!
When a person puts him or herself out in the limelight, and in this case not just once but 3 times on reality tv shows, they give up their privacy and by the nature of the beast--the 15 minutes of fame that they, themselves, sought out they no longer get to pick and choose who should or should not analyze what they say. They gave that up when they crossed that line in the sand for fame.
If Yawn really is offended by the backlash he receives, he could always set his privacy settings on social media so only those he approves can see his tasteless humor vs all the followers he has.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:15 pm

On June 18, Sean’s real-life sister, Shay, posted a picture of her daughter, Kensington, all dressed up in a leotard. “First day of dance...she has big dreams of being the next @PetaMurgatroyd :)” Shay wrote.

“Please Lord no!!” Sean quickly tweeted. “If that's what she wants, she should just send in her application to Hooters now.”

....Says the frustrated ballerina

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really like how his tweet jokes/digs  can be applied to him and he doesnt even have a clue,  like when he said Andy Dick lasted more than he should have. 
Oh Fun times.

Last edited by charriotoffire on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:19 pm

The original tweet from Shay didn't include Sean - he inserted himself into their exchange.  The "joke" wasn't a private one between the three of them and cannot possibly be described as a family affair when Sean has over 500,000 followers on Twitter that read this ridiculous exchange.  

Yes, Sean is free to Tweet whatever he wants to about Peta while schilling for drug store mens' toiletries.  Everyone then has the right to interpret his tweets as they choose.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:22 pm

This guy just needs to put a sock in it. And if he put in two--he would be great for Hooters.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by ceebeedeedum Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 pm

The 'joke' would have stayed between Sean, Shay & Peta, had he not replied by tweeting it for all their followers to see.

Don't break anybody's heart, they have only one. Break their bones, they have 206.
ceebeedeedum
ceebeedeedum

Back to top Go down

Post by melisma Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:32 pm

ceebeedeedum wrote:The 'joke' would have stayed between Sean, Shay & Peta, had he not replied by tweeting it for all their followers to see.

True...but then he would have limited his SELF-EXPOSURE for part of the day!!  Have you ever met someone who adores himself as much as he does??

melisma

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Its a family affair, stay out of it.

This isnt the fan thread, and analyzing public statements is eminently fair game. There is a Sean and Cat fan thread in which you will not read anything critical, if that's more to your taste.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:27 am

melisma wrote:
ceebeedeedum wrote:The 'joke' would have stayed between Sean, Shay & Peta, had he not replied by tweeting it for all their followers to see.

True...but then he would have limited his SELF-EXPOSURE for part of the day!!  Have you ever met someone who adores himself as much as he does??

Pick a Kardashian!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - General Discussion

+32
LLiza
CarrieA
Chacharo
sushifan
Peppermom