SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Page 38 of 74 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 56 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Post by umngirl Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 am

Sprite wrote:
umngirl wrote:Just found this interview interesting because he is asked to describe his season in one word and he chose "tough" which seems like an odd choice to me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know that it is all that odd. They all admit that it is gruelling physically and they hate hurting people. Plus he was away from his daughter for a good chunk and I think it could have been more difficult mentally as he probably had to concentrate more because he was doing things in English. He apparently hates confrontation since all the girls on 1 on 1 dates get roses and he probably had to deal with his share of cattiness and emotional women and then apparently a couple of his favourites bail on him...I'd say fairly tough. Poor Pablum.

I see what you mean, but even if it was truly tough for him, if he had a good outcome you'd think he'd chose a word that didn't have a negative connotation. I remember past leads saying that while the process was tough, they were happy they did it. JuanPa just doesn't seem to have enjoyed the process at all and/or found someone he'd even like to have a relationship with. Then again, I don't believe he went into the show taking it seriously at all, so his word choice shouldn't be odd to me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Post by Mustang19 Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:22 am

jlccaz wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:I don't know where to look, but does anyone know what the ratings were for Monday's show following his interview - did viewership drop off, stay the same or go up?

Stayed the same.  Monday night’s episode of The Bachelor attracted 7.8 million viewers and scored a 2.3 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic — a minor drop from the previous week’s episode, which had basically the same rating with 7.9 million viewers.

Thanks for providing that info. I guess I expected it to drop a little, as people become disinterested following the premiere episode, and then his comments added on top of that.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:05 am

umngirl wrote:
Sprite wrote:
umngirl wrote:Just found this interview interesting because he is asked to describe his season in one word and he chose "tough" which seems like an odd choice to me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know that it is all that odd. They all admit that it is gruelling physically and they hate hurting people. Plus he was away from his daughter for a good chunk and I think it could have been more difficult mentally as he probably had to concentrate more because he was doing things in English. He apparently hates confrontation since all the girls on 1 on 1 dates get roses and he probably had to deal with his share of cattiness and emotional women and then apparently a couple of his favourites bail on him...I'd say fairly tough. Poor Pablum.

I see what you mean, but even if it was truly tough for him, if he had a good outcome you'd think he'd chose a word that didn't have a negative connotation. I remember past leads saying that while the process was tough, they were happy they did it. JuanPa just doesn't seem to have enjoyed the process at all and/or found someone he'd even like to have a relationship with. Then again, I don't believe he went into the show taking it seriously at all, so his word choice shouldn't be odd to me.

Well we've all seen that his English can get him in trouble so it could have just been a difficulty in expressing himself while trying not to give away the ending. Also, from everything I've seen of him during the show and post show, he really didn't enjoy himself. He said in some interview I read that he thought of quitting several times. That does not speak to enjoying the experience or really finding someone he was truly drawn to...not that I really expected that.

I can't quite put my finger on it but, he just seems almost more resistant to the whole "process". Others seem to understand what they have gotten themselves in for...no matter what their initial reason for going on the show...money, career opportunities, adventure and even love..they kind of go with the flow, give the producers what they want as much as they can and still be able to look at themselves in the mirror, enjoy what they can and have fun with it. He seems to have really disliked the whole thing and had no idea what was coming or what was really expected. That does not scream a happily ever after to me...even if he did end up with someone...which, like you, I don't think he was truly looking for.

I know many others think he is easy going and having fun, but I don't see that at all. He seems to be fighting it all the way and I suspect they did not have fun handling him. I am really curious as how he will end up being edited because that may give a hint to how well things went down.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:45 am

I said before the season I felt it was a bust simply because his body language isn't expressing being happy. Thou it could mean that he picked who he wanted early on and just did not like having to play out the whole show and leading the girls on.  He said he does not like hurting people. This is based on the assumption that he picked anyone from this batch of girls. If he did I think he picked early on and is just going through the motions right now till the end of the show. We will probably see who he picks when the girls get whittled down to Final 4. I think his body language finally became easier for me to read this past episode 3 and I think he's already made his choice but I'll have to wait and see what the show brings.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Kelad9 wrote:I said before the season I felt it was a bust simply because his body language isn't expressing being happy. Thou it could mean that he picked who he wanted early on and just did not like having to play out the whole show and leading the girls on.  He said he does not like hurting people. This is based on the assumption that he picked anyone from this batch of girls. If he did I think he picked early on and is just going through the motions right now till the end of the show. We will probably see who he picks when the girls get whittled down to Final 4. I think his body language finally became easier for me to read this past episode 3 and I think he's already made his choice but I'll have to wait and see what the show brings.

Yes that could be it as well although, I don't think it is as likely. Even post show his body language screams uncomfortable to me. Maybe it is because he has to do the interviews in English but you would think that if he was happy with the results it would come through just a little. Sean couldn't help himself...boy just glowed. Ben I can't recall...and frankly, try to forget. He is certainly not doing as much media as Sean did and thank goodness because he just always looks uncomfortable and as if he is going through the motions and faking it...to me at least.

I wonder if they did so much prepping to improve his English language skills that they didn't fully prepare him on how to do interviews? I look at Sean and he just seems so at ease and natural when speaking with the press...even Cat has gotten so much more relaxed...maybe JPab just pales in comparison?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Some of you have asked about the Juan Pablo and Nikki tweets from Tuesday where they both mentioned they were at an airport, both mentioned they were cold, and then he tweeted from LA saying he’s watching soccer and Nikki tweeted a picture of a snowed in hotel from Colorado. Yeah, that was done on purpose. They are together. Don’t let fake Twitter pictures fool you. It’s obvious Nikki was put up to it to throw people off with that pic of the Colorado hotel. Once their tweets on Tuesday were made public, they scrambled and tried to cover but did a very bad job of it. They’re not fooling anybody. She was in LA with him on Tuesday and I’m guessing leaves today or tomorrow. Usually the visits are 2-3 days long. Busted.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA50 Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Mommyof1 wrote:Some of you have asked about the Juan Pablo and Nikki tweets from Tuesday where they both mentioned they were at an airport, both mentioned they were cold, and then he tweeted from LA saying he’s watching soccer and Nikki tweeted a picture of a snowed in hotel from Colorado. Yeah, that was done on purpose. They are together. Don’t let fake Twitter pictures fool you. It’s obvious Nikki was put up to it to throw people off with that pic of the Colorado hotel. Once their tweets on Tuesday were made public, they scrambled and tried to cover but did a very bad job of it. They’re not fooling anybody. She was in LA with him on Tuesday and I’m guessing leaves today or tomorrow. Usually the visits are 2-3 days long. Busted.

Yep, busted!
MMA50
MMA50

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Mommyof1 wrote:Some of you have asked about the Juan Pablo and Nikki tweets from Tuesday where they both mentioned they were at an airport, both mentioned they were cold, and then he tweeted from LA saying he’s watching soccer and Nikki tweeted a picture of a snowed in hotel from Colorado. Yeah, that was done on purpose. They are together. Don’t let fake Twitter pictures fool you. It’s obvious Nikki was put up to it to throw people off with that pic of the Colorado hotel. Once their tweets on Tuesday were made public, they scrambled and tried to cover but did a very bad job of it. They’re not fooling anybody. She was in LA with him on Tuesday and I’m guessing leaves today or tomorrow. Usually the visits are 2-3 days long. Busted.

Only thing is that JuanPa was at the Miami Heat-LA Clippers game last night. So he either left his F1 back at the safe house, or there wasn't a visit happening last night.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:26 pm

umngirl wrote:

Only thing is that JuanPa was at the Miami Heat-LA Clippers game last night. So he either left his F1 back at the safe house, or there wasn't a visit happening last night.

She was back at the safehouse eating ice cream, strawberries and nutella!  giggling 
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Mommyof1 wrote:
umngirl wrote:

She was back at the safehouse eating ice cream, strawberries and nutella!   giggling 

He definitely got the better end of that deal then.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:43 pm

umngirl wrote:
Mommyof1 wrote:
umngirl wrote:

She was back at the safehouse eating ice cream, strawberries and nutella!   giggling 

I'm curious, are they allowed to leave the safehouse during visits?

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:46 pm

julychild wrote:
umngirl wrote:
Mommyof1 wrote:
umngirl wrote:

I'm curious, are they allowed to leave the safehouse during visits?

I didn't think so, but who knows. JuanPa seems to do whatever he wants a lot this season and in the aftermath.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 74 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 56 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

+129
ImeldaMarcos
treatmom4
LibbyBell
Bashful
JesseJames24