SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Page 49 of 74 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 61 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Post by MMA50 Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:07 am

Muslady wrote:
Butter_Scotch77 wrote:Saw this tweet from Juan Pablo on 2/28 .... thought it was interesting ....it said a lot!

"Don't TRUST people who ENCHANTS you too MUCH before making a DEAL, later they will TURN their backs..."

I saw that on the portal and thought it was interesting too.  I really hope people quit knocking him because I think he has been one of the most sincere bachelors.  I think his heart is right.  He hates hurting people so I know he hates being hurt.  CH needs to change his tune a bit.  I'm sure his rebellion is making his job difficult but there are some positive things to say about JuanP and I'm not hearing them.  I really feel for this guy.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the Fleiss machine does to Andi.  I'll probably feel sorry for her too in the long run, but what goes around comes around.

Amen sistah/broddah. The Mesnick's Podcast 53 tells the real story. Don't worry, Andi will be vilified too so all of America will fall in love with the next lead. Yep, that's what they do!

And with ABC being such a large corporation, they have all the pitfull lawyers on their side, so they can do whatever they want and get away with it. Andi think she is feisty, she will soon see. Like you said, we may have to turn around and feel sorry for her.
MMA50
MMA50

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Post by MMA50 Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:10 am

Butter_Scotch77 wrote:Saw this tweet from Juan Pablo on 2/28 .... thought it was interesting ....it said a lot!

"Don't TRUST people who ENCHANTS you too MUCH before making a DEAL, later they will TURN their backs..."

Yea, like promising him a shot on DWTS, and now dropping him from the show. That is one way TPTB has turned on him. So unfair!
MMA50
MMA50

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:15 am

MMA50 wrote:

Yea, like promising him a shot on DWTS, and now dropping him from the show.  That is one way TPTB has turned on him.  So unfair!

Ever think he lost that opportunity himself based on his comments? I think that's exactly what happened. And who does he have to blame for that? Himself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:16 am

MMA50 wrote:
Sprite wrote:
umngirl wrote:Maybe this makes me a horrible person, but I have zero sympathy for JuanPa and the treatment he's getting from TPTB, the media, and people watching the show. He signed up for the show and if he didn't realize how much power TPTB would have over his treatment then he's an idiot. You signed a contract and should have done your homework. No lead is immune to at least a little bit of flack. It's the nature of the beast. And to be honest, JuanPa brought much of this on himself with the changing his rules about his actions during the season, some of the comments he's made, and the horrible explanation of why he didn't think a gay lead would work. He did damage himself so I can't blame others for making it worse. You reap what you sow.

While I may not feel quite as strongly as you seem to, I do agree that he has nobody to blame but himself if he never even bothered watching the Bachelorette season he was on or bothered to find more about the show. That is what I meant about people getting greedy. They just see the grand prize (whatever that may be), and never think about what it may cost to get there. And you would think his lawyer or somebody would have clued him in, but, he probably thought they loved him and they were buddies and they wouldn't do that to him. I wonder how long it took before he clued in? Andi should take note...[/quote]

He never took the time to check out things deeply because of all the smooching ABC did to get him to sign on. That is why he wrote that eye opener in his tweet.  And although, I was never a fan of JP, I have to say I do agree with every word he said!  ABC can fool some people some of the time, but they can't fool all of the people all of the time.  We can read it like a book!!

So lil Ms. Fiesty has it coming to her.....KARMA Baby!

As I wrote earlier, while I do feel bad for him...up to a point...it is only up to a point. If he didn't check things out before signing on, he has only himself to blame for what is going on. (I'm not even going to get into the whole gay controversy. This is strictly regarding how the show works.) That is what a good lawyer is for...and a manager...but I suspect his mom is his manager and she, like he, was smooched by MF. When someone is trying really hard to sell me anything, I always question "why?". The harder they try, the less I trust their motives...no matter how beneficial it would be to me! You can't get something for nothing...EVER!!!...no matter what people tell you. JPab forgot that because I suspect he had stars in his eyes. He's not the first and I doubt he will be the last. I suspect Ms. Andi might have similar issues soon.  :strings1 

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:20 am

MMA50 wrote:
Muslady wrote:

I saw that on the portal and thought it was interesting too.  I really hope people quit knocking him because I think he has been one of the most sincere bachelors.  I think his heart is right.  He hates hurting people so I know he hates being hurt.  CH needs to change his tune a bit.  I'm sure his rebellion is making his job difficult but there are some positive things to say about JuanP and I'm not hearing them.  I really feel for this guy.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the Fleiss machine does to Andi.  I'll probably feel sorry for her too in the long run, but what goes around comes around.

Amen sistah/broddah.  The Mesnick's Podcast 53 tells the real story.  Don't worry, Andi will be vilified too so all of America will fall in love with the next lead.  Yep, that's what they do!  

And with ABC being such a large corporation, they have all the pitfull lawyers on their side, so they can do whatever they want and get away with it.  Andi think she is feisty, she will soon see.  Like you said, we may have to turn around and feel sorry for her.  

I just want to speak regarding the bolded because I have seen several people mention this recently. JPab's contract is not with ABC...it is with MF and his production company. ABC just buys the show from MF and doesn't really have anything to do with it.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:23 am

MMA50 wrote:

Yea, like promising him a shot on DWTS, and now dropping him from the show.  That is one way TPTB has turned on him.  So unfair!

If Juan Pa thought that TPTB can promise DWTS, then he was naive.... it is not theirs to promise- they don't have the same production company. ABC is very involved, yes, but The Bachelor production can't promise that.

Juan Pablo is 32 years old and has been out in the world. If he went into the Bachelor naively he can blame no one but himself. Having been on the show, there were some who he could ask before signing the contract, and he could easily have watched Des' season (the one he was one) or paid to watch Sean's or any other- I'm sure he could have afforded the less than $20 and 22 hours to do so.

Is is right that TPTB manipulate all of us to believe what they want us to believe? Perhaps not... on the other hand, they are producing a TV show and their aim is to get as many viewers as possible. I doubt the contract everyone signs says anything about making sure the lead is well-liked or treated honestly.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:54 am

umngirl wrote:
MMA50 wrote:

Ever think he lost that opportunity himself based on his comments? I think that's exactly what happened. And who does he have to blame for that? Himself.

If they can have Bristol Palin on the show, not once, but twice, who has made comments such as "Gays are forcing their lifestyles on others." Then I don't think Juan Pablo's comments are really a deal breaker.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:58 am

rosesrREd wrote:
umngirl wrote:
MMA50 wrote:

If they can have Bristol Palin on the show, not once, but twice, who has made comments such as "Gays are forcing their lifestyles on others."  Then I don't think Juan Pablo's comments are really a deal breaker.

Bristol is a whole other story because she, by association with her mother, are much more well known then the Bachelor. ABC does controversy at their discretion and JuanPa clearly isn't meeting that standard. Maybe ABC just simply doesn't like him nor thinks he'd bring new fans to the show.

ABC doesn't give DWTS to everyone from the show so that fact he most likely won't be on it shouldn't surprise anyone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:02 am

rosesrREd wrote:
umngirl wrote:
MMA50 wrote:

If they can have Bristol Palin on the show, not once, but twice, who has made comments such as "Gays are forcing their lifestyles on others."  Then I don't think Juan Pablo's comments are really a deal breaker.

True, but Bristol's mother had a lot of followers who could potentially become viewers and increase ratings. I don't see that potential from JPab.

I doubt the contract everyone signs says anything about making sure the lead is well-liked or treated honestly.

The contract says exactly the opposite...They can do anything to the edit of the contestant, misrepresenting them and making it seem things happened or things were said, that didn't. It is an eye opener. That is why I said that I can't understand that anyone ever signs it.

Last edited by Sprite on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:08 am

sde1041 wrote:
julychild wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:I say kudos to JP for not being the machine's patsy.  He wouldn't drink, he asked the girls not to drink (see latest CH interview), he wouldn't use the "L" word that the others have been pressured to use.  He didn't allow the bubble to influence his feelings  .. CH at the last sit down with him was clearly frustrated that JP wasn't further along than liking the girls.  

Kudos to JP, he didn't succumb to their pressure  ... we don't have the normal "I'm falling for two women" or "I love two women" bs.  

The machine is pissed they couldn't break him during filming, so they are doing everything the can to break him now.  

It's ridiculous to dislike him because he isn't feeling it for any of the women.  Brad went through hell for the same thing during his first season; and yet, look how well it worked out for him when he did fall for Emily.    JP doesn't want himself or anyone else to force their feelings under these circumstances.  Good on him.

All that you have written is why this conversation is on going at this time. Jason Mesnick said it in his last podcast that the producers used to threaten to give him a bad edit whenever he refused to do what they wanted. Of course JP is not perfect, but I strongly believe that the JP we are seeing on our TV's, the one most people have come to dislike, is a "character," a victim of clever and manipulative editing.

Exactly.
Sean was a puppet for TPTB so he was lucky to be in their good graces and not torn apart like Juan Pablo...
Anyway, it's not because you don't like a lead that he deserves to be lynched.
I can understand that not everybody likes him and/or shares his opinions, but still, he shouldn't be demonized like that.
I like his honesty ; but where I come from we are not used to the politically correct so often used here. I guess that's one of the reasons why people don't like him. He is too honest for some.
But as he said, he prefers being honest and not appreciated. Good for him !
He has his opinions, and every right to have them and express them. Too bad for those who don't share them.

Jason was willing to humiliate himself by proposing on bended knee to Deanna in order to land the Bachelor gig. Middle aged women cried for this broken hearted "single dad" and wanted him to find true love on his own show. Let's not even go into what he was willing to do to end up with his fairytale rain-soaked televised wedding extravaganza to Molly. He continues to reap the benefit$ of being Bachelor royalty to this day.

TPTB used Sean's blond / blue eyed beefcake appeal to this same target audience of middle aged women. Poor guy rarely had his shirt on and had so many shower scenes his spray tanned body must still be wrinkled! It paid off with a stint on DWTS (sans shirt) and a fabulously luxurious wedding to his beloved Cat. I'm still surprised that he would allow the emphasis to be on his re-virginzed status, a "grown sexy" theme and boudoir shots complete with wardrobe malfunction. But hey, I don't judge. I hope the Lowes continue to benefit monetarily from their celebrity status and wish them decades of marital bliss.

Juan Pablo's crimes are an unwillingness to keep contestants that he doesn't see a future with, refusing to argue with a contestant that wants to leave, not professing to love multiple women and a concern over how his daughter will view his behavior on the show. Yes, heinous crimes indeed. Add to that his poor command of the English language which resulted in a poor word choice when asked a controversial question that would never be asked of Sean. Those actions certainly warrant him being called stupid, an idiot, insincere, etc.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:21 am

^^ EXPECT, that Sean had also been asked those questions... Just as Des and Ali and Emily.... Difference is that they had at least half a brain and did not go ahead and made all those ridiculous/idiotic statements. (And no, I am not a JP-hater, I do like the guy, but lot of the he is being confronted with right now, were his own making...)
Also it's not like they are thrust into all the media questions without proper preparations. They all get EXTENSIVE media training, where they are thought how to handle certain situations. I can assure gay rights and racial discrimination are among the topics covered.

Last edited by chloep on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:22 am

FLChica wrote:
sde1041 wrote:
julychild wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:I say kudos to JP for not being the machine's patsy.  He wouldn't drink, he asked the girls not to drink (see latest CH interview), he wouldn't use the "L" word that the others have been pressured to use.  He didn't allow the bubble to influence his feelings  .. CH at the last sit down with him was clearly frustrated that JP wasn't further along than liking the girls.  

Kudos to JP, he didn't succumb to their pressure  ... we don't have the normal "I'm falling for two women" or "I love two women" bs.  

The machine is pissed they couldn't break him during filming, so they are doing everything the can to break him now.  

It's ridiculous to dislike him because he isn't feeling it for any of the women.  Brad went through hell for the same thing during his first season; and yet, look how well it worked out for him when he did fall for Emily.    JP doesn't want himself or anyone else to force their feelings under these circumstances.  Good on him.

All that you have written is why this conversation is on going at this time. Jason Mesnick said it in his last podcast that the producers used to threaten to give him a bad edit whenever he refused to do what they wanted. Of course JP is not perfect, but I strongly believe that the JP we are seeing on our TV's, the one most people have come to dislike, is a "character," a victim of clever and manipulative editing.

Exactly.
Sean was a puppet for TPTB so he was lucky to be in their good graces and not torn apart like Juan Pablo...
Anyway, it's not because you don't like a lead that he deserves to be lynched.
I can understand that not everybody likes him and/or shares his opinions, but still, he shouldn't be demonized like that.
I like his honesty ; but where I come from we are not used to the politically correct so often used here. I guess that's one of the reasons why people don't like him. He is too honest for some.
But as he said, he prefers being honest and not appreciated. Good for him !
He has his opinions, and every right to have them and express them. Too bad for those who don't share them.

Jason was willing to humiliate himself by proposing on bended knee to Deanna in order to land the Bachelor gig.  Middle aged women cried for this broken hearted "single dad" and wanted him to find true love on his own show.  Let's not even go into what he was willing to do to end up with his fairytale rain-soaked televised wedding extravaganza to Molly. He continues to reap the benefit$ of being Bachelor royalty to this day.

TPTB used Sean's blond / blue eyed beefcake appeal to this same target audience of middle aged women.  Poor guy rarely had his shirt on and had so many shower scenes his spray tanned body must still be wrinkled!  It paid off with a stint on DWTS (sans shirt) and a fabulously luxurious wedding to his beloved Cat.  I'm still surprised that he would allow the emphasis to be on his re-virginzed status, a "grown sexy" theme and boudoir shots complete with wardrobe malfunction.  But hey, I don't judge.  I hope the Lowes continue to benefit monetarily from their celebrity status and wish them decades of marital bliss.

Juan Pablo's crimes are an unwillingness to keep contestants that he doesn't see a future with, refusing to argue with a contestant that wants to leave, not professing to love multiple women and a concern over how his daughter will view his behavior on the show.  Yes, heinous crimes indeed.  Add to that his poor command of the English language which resulted in a poor word choice when asked a controversial question that would never be asked of Sean.  Those actions certainly warrant him being called stupid, an idiot, insincere, etc.  

Is the bolded a reference to the gay Bachelor question? I don't know if he was asked during his season, but he has certainly been asked post JPab. He was also asked point blank during his season, by a contestant about interracial dating...slightly different, but still a potential mine field.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 74 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 61 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

+129
ImeldaMarcos
treatmom4
LibbyBell
Bashful
JesseJames24