SELECT CONTENT

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4

Page 25 of 63 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 44 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 25 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by 2observe Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:47 pm

FLChica wrote:
2observe wrote:You computer may get 'Hacked" on the F1 Thread so be careful.

That was crazy!  Mine just did...:shocked!: How the heck did that happen?
Have no idea, but Love_Me is aware of the problem and I've posted about it in a couple threads also.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 25 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by SueSt Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:50 pm

albean99 wrote:Good conversation. I'm not sure I find Drew innocent but he is a sweet guy so can understand the comment. I love that he's smart (& those fun words you never hear like "tomfoolery"), loving, protective, he's the best kisser (per Des & my tv Hugesmile ), not to mention gorgeous on the outside to go with all the other good stuff.

I keep going back and forth on what happens. I initially bought into everything and assumed Drew was being sent home by Des because they were making it seems like he leaves on his own. It appears to be like when Ali sent Chris L home except there was an actual date this time. There appears to be some doubt thrown in about whether it really is the LCD I thought or FD plus there's the nighttime pics in the suite (LCD or FD?). I'm no longer as sure as I once was. I was surprised to see the magazine saying Drew is one of the 2 guys Des is torn about (with Brooks). This is the guy who wasn't even supposed to be f3 according to RS. Is it possible he really is a player in the ending and not the irrelevant default f2 guy many assume?  I don't have any answers but right now am still thinking Drew leaves either by choice or because Des let him go but it's almost 50/50 for me. I'm still hoping he doesn't come to the FRC.  

Hi albean, good comments.  Per your bolded statement, if we can agree that TPTB are directing this whole campaign, all the media, television, mags, online, etc... to make us doubt, question and discuss.... it's all a PR game, so sophistocated, really, it's amazing, then there is no surprise.  I have been anticipating this HTD because I'm so certain as you say, that Drew is going to be a real 'player in the end.'  We love him here in this thread so it's not hard for us to imagine how good the date is going to be... but I'm looking forward to other's reactions!!!  Most importantly, I'm looking forward to really seeing things heat up between Drew and Des... it's going to be goooooooooooood!  :-)
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:07 am

Nativenewyorker wrote:
Sue,

So well said! I particularly loved your last comment in bold! You hit on the word that I have been searching for to describe Drew - innocence. That is why I thought their scene in the 2-on-1 date was so enjoyable. Drew was incredibly charming.  He has an "aw shucks" attitude and that endearing innocence that is as appealing as his physical beauty.  

I also admire him for getting past a very difficult childhood. It's so difficult to grow up with an alcoholic parent.  They are absent emotionally and that creates real problems for a child.  

Oh I should really address the question posed by nd! I am having a tough time deciding.  I also am getting caught up in what I want and have to try to separate that from what I think.  The way this scene was spliced and diced leads me to believe that there is some serious misdirection at work. So if the obvious answer would be that he leaves, then I will say that he stays!

Thanks Native. Aw Shucks but NOT like Pavelka as many have said. Pavelka was as fake as a 2-headed nickle, Drew is just so genuine, it's actually disarming. I like that you think he stays... I hope he does as well. For someone who seems so sure of what he wants, I think it's going to take something very very signficant to make Drew leave.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:30 am

SueSt wrote:
Nativenewyorker wrote:
Sue,

So well said! I particularly loved your last comment in bold! You hit on the word that I have been searching for to describe Drew - innocence. That is why I thought their scene in the 2-on-1 date was so enjoyable. Drew was incredibly charming.  He has an "aw shucks" attitude and that endearing innocence that is as appealing as his physical beauty.  

I also admire him for getting past a very difficult childhood. It's so difficult to grow up with an alcoholic parent.  They are absent emotionally and that creates real problems for a child.  

Oh I should really address the question posed by nd! I am having a tough time deciding.  I also am getting caught up in what I want and have to try to separate that from what I think.  The way this scene was spliced and diced leads me to believe that there is some serious misdirection at work. So if the obvious answer would be that he leaves, then I will say that he stays!

Thanks Native.  Aw Shucks but NOT like Pavelka as many have said.  Pavelka was as fake as a 2-headed nickle, Drew is just so genuine, it's actually disarming.  I like that you think he stays... I hope he does as well.  For someone who seems so sure of what he wants, I think it's going to take something very very signficant to make Drew leave.  
I agree. :yes: 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:37 am

I found out how to get rid of victorrelax!  Read my sig!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariela Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:29 am

2observe wrote:
SueSt wrote:
Nativenewyorker wrote:
Sue,

Thanks Native.  Aw Shucks but NOT like Pavelka as many have said.  Pavelka was as fake as a 2-headed nickle, Drew is just so genuine, it's actually disarming.  I like that you think he stays... I hope he does as well.  For someone who seems so sure of what he wants, I think it's going to take something very very signficant to make Drew leave.  

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, although I've been lurking.

I believe that Drew will leave. It's a hunch based on MF edits.

All final 4 are great, but Drew is husband material. I fell in love with him from Day 1; as he sat down with Des, he was adjusting her dress being caught in her shoes. That shows me that he is a caring and care-taking type of a person (he took care of his sister). He stood up for her when he felt she was being used (by James), while some of the others just sat around, watched and did nothing. He didn't waver. His looks and passion are a huge plus.

Back to MF edits and their significance in telling the story. I don't know what they all mean, but I think they fit into what is going to happen in the future episodes:
1) Drew first out of the limo followed by Brooks .
2)During the James fiasco, Brooks commenting that for the first time he's thinking that there may NOT be anyone left at the end.
3)During Bryden's conversation with Des about not feeling it, Drew said that he wouldn't be surprised if Bryden would go home if Des doesn't tell him that she WANTS him to stay.
I'm thinking that in the conversation on the beach Drew will ask Des if she wants him to stay. Based on that he'll leave.

Ariela

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:45 am

That's what I don't get. Jake was so hugely popular and yet came off so fake to me right after his first 1 on 1 date with Jillian. Maybe, it's due to knowing more about Drew's family once we found out his name. His family just make you love Drew alone!

I think there's a reason why Desiree used the word 'Kindhearted' to describe Drew on her word association game. He's not the one to break her heart by saying he doesn't love her or doesn't love her the same for sure.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:03 am

Ariela wrote:
2observe wrote:
SueSt wrote:
Nativenewyorker wrote:
Sue,

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, although I've been lurking.

I believe that Drew will leave. It's a hunch based on MF edits.

All final 4 are great, but Drew is husband material. I fell in love with him from Day 1; as he sat down with Des, he was adjusting her dress being caught in her shoes. That shows me that he is a caring and care-taking type of a person (he took care of his sister). He stood up for her when he felt she was being used (by James), while some of the others just sat around, watched and did nothing. He didn't waver. His looks and passion are a huge plus.

Back to MF edits and their significance in telling the story. I don't know what thedy all mean, but I think they fit into what is going to happen in the future episodes:
1) Drew first out of the limo followed by Brooks .
2)During the James fiasco, Brooks commenting that for the first time he's thinking that there may NOT be anyone left at the end.
3)During Bryden's conversation with Des about not feeling it, Drew said that he wouldn't be surprised if Bryden would go home if Des doesn't tell him that she WANTS him to stay.
I'm thinking that in the conversation on the beach Drew will ask Des if she wants him to stay. Based on that he'll leave.

Hi Ariela,

Good morning and thanks for joining the conversation!  It's great to have another Drew supporter in the discussion.

I totally appreciate your perspective and yesterday I was also feeling that he left.  Last night I watched the videos again and this morning I’m back to feeling like Drew stays to the end (ok; crazy, yes!).  Some things that are swimming in my mind:

• VOs saying “I’m feeling so much love. I want my future with Des” “I’ve been waiting for this moment all my life”
• The “love” theme music when he tells his mom he’s thinking he could get down on one knee.
• Possible editing of her response when Chris H. asks whether Drew is husband material for her… and she says something like she’s learning on a daily basis…. I mean could this comment be about someone else? Zac maybe?
• The deep physical bond they share – all the hand holding and entwined legs and kissing … which to me is MUCH MUCH more intense than her physical connection with either Brooks or Chris.
• The passionate way Des pulls Drew in for a kiss at the end of his HTD as shown in the previews
• Ashley Hebert has chosen Drew as the best for Des…. I really liked Ashley as the Bachelorette… felt she had good taste and good sense!

I know Des said she’s in love with Brooks at the end of the last episode… and at this moment in the filming process I imagine it’s true.  But we haven’t had HTDs yet and I think that Drew’s HTD in particular is really going to change the direction of Des’ heart and possible show outcome.  Of course, for us Drew supporters, the hardest thing to reconcile is the spoiler which says Brooks is F1.  Still, many have pointed out that the show outcome doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story…. So I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!  Deep breath… only 2 days till Monday!  

Last edited by SueSt on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:07 am

atem wrote:That's what I don't get.  Jake was so hugely popular and yet came off so fake to me right after his first 1 on 1 date with Jillian.  Maybe, it's due to knowing more about Drew's family once we found out his name.  His family just make you love Drew alone!  

I think there's a reason why Desiree used the word 'Kindhearted' to describe Drew on her word association game.  He's not the one to break her heart by saying he doesn't love her or doesn't love her the same for sure.

Was Jake popular? Fake Jake? among whom? himself? :-)
I do get why there are comparisons, because of the clean cut, aw schucks attitude ... but for me it ends there... Drew is just the real deal, so genuine, nothing like Fakey Pavelka
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:08 am

Wow SueST - you put that so exceedingly well. ITA with everything you have posted.
They have edited Drew as being there for her right from the beginning. In fact that has been his theme. And not only has he been narrating the story for the group as a whole if you notice, he has been narrating HIS story. He is the only contestant that has done this on a very consistent basis in the edit (Well the others have possibly done so but it hasn`t been shown therefore it is the edit and not what actually happened). I have more but will post in a moment.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:09 am

SueSt wrote:
atem wrote:That's what I don't get.  Jake was so hugely popular and yet came off so fake to me right after his first 1 on 1 date with Jillian.  Maybe, it's due to knowing more about Drew's family once we found out his name.  His family just make you love Drew alone!  

I think there's a reason why Desiree used the word 'Kindhearted' to describe Drew on her word association game.  He's not the one to break her heart by saying he doesn't love her or doesn't love her the same for sure.

I do get why there are comparisons, because of the clean cut, aw schucks attitude ... but for me it ends there... Drew is just the real deal, so genuine, nothing like Fakey Pavelka

Yes, he was very popular with 'viewers' and that's how he got to be the Bachelor. I remember watching that season. I don't think he's anything like Jake myself.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:10 am

atem wrote:
SueSt wrote:

Yes, he was very popular with 'viewers' and that's how he got to be the Bachelor. I remember watching that season. I don't think he's anything like Jake myself.

I agree with this atem.

ETA : I also agree with your reading of the `kind hearted`description she gave him. If there was something sour between them she would have changed the description she had of him during filming which was kind (eyes), kind and caring etc. She would have used good body or ripped or good looking or some physical description.

One thing I noticed the leads in previous seasons when describing their guy use generic terms which could apply to any of their contestants and then on the boards we end up getting caught up in that.
AshleyH gave descriptions during her promo that exactly matched what she described Ryan P during episode1 and in her blog of episode 1 !!!

Last edited by nd4reality on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 63 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 44 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4

+65
lavenderred
Longhornfan
Mimi27
iamreal2u
elizabeth88