SELECT CONTENT

Chris & Desiree General Discussion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris & Desiree General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris & Desiree General Discussion

Post by IrishGal Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:10 pm

We could have easily changed the name of the other thread if it bothered some. Having two is very confusing.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Chris & Desiree General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris & Desiree General Discussion

Post by umngirl Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:13 pm

IrishGal wrote:We could have easily changed the name of the other thread if it bothered some.  Having two is very confusing.
If it's that confusing I can delete this thread. I simply created it because some asked for a general discussion thread for the couple.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:04 pm

sdmom wrote:May I ask: if we already have a Chris discussion thread, why do we need a Chris & Desiree General Discussion thread? I am not opposed to the new thread, but just think we have enough threads, sometimes it's confusing where to post. Just IMO, of course.
Back to the topic: Chris & Des can publish as many books and make as much money to their heart's content, but it does leave a sour taste to me. I applauded that Des moved to Seattle and they seemed to have a happy and normal life, then, the book and the marketing. Not a fault, but I guess I had put them in a pedestal before, thinking they wanted to distance from the franchise and focused on their relationship. A little disappointing to me: I feel they are not different than other reality TV couples who want to pursue their 15 minutes of fame. Again, IMO only.
BTW, I am curious to know: how many Chris & Des fans from this board purchased this book?
Truthfully, how many people go on the Bachelor show to just find love??? They typically go on for either adventure, fame or to promote something. If they happen to fall in love, that's just an added benefit! But, really how many of us can realistically say that we think we can find our true love on a scripted, highly-manipulated tv show?? If these people were really looking for just love, they can find it the same way I am sure the rest of us met our mates. I am not saying that it does not happen and the franchise did have some success but it's rare. I am also not doubting that Des and Chris are a real couple but I think the fact that they did go on this show does show that they had other reasons besides finding love and I think that they are taking advantage of this time in the spotlight to promote the poetry book. That's fine and like the rest of you, I don't have a problem with them taking advantage of their time to accomplish that, but I do find fault with their marketing of themselves as a couple and adding perks of meeting them contingent to how many books you buy when they should be taking this time to get to know each other so they can be a success story. To me they have not really left the bachelor bubble yet IMO.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Does no one except me see this marketing offer as a total joke? I only know Des and Chris to the extent we've seen them on TV, but they both seem like pranksters. I don't see it as "trying to sell a piece of themselves" at all. I just think it's sort of funny, laugh, and move on. I'd imagine they got a good laugh out of it. I just find it hard to believe that anyone would get upset about it. You want the book, buy one; you don't want the book, don't buy. It's as simple as that. I don't think it's really expected that anyone will buy 1500 copies.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:33 pm

umngirl wrote:
IrishGal wrote:We could have easily changed the name of the other thread if it bothered some.  Having two is very confusing.
If it's that confusing I can delete this thread. I simply created it because some asked for a general discussion thread for the couple.
umngirl, Chris and Des are together now so there should be a chris/des general discussion thread just like there was one for Sean/Catherine.  Last season, there was a final couple general discussion thread (for those that didn't feel like gushing), different from the fan forum so it's only fair to have one for Chris/Des too.

Sprite - I hear where you're coming from too!

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:56 pm

beader wrote:Does no one except me see this marketing offer as a total joke? I only know Des and Chris to the extent we've seen them on TV, but they both seem like pranksters. I don't see it as "trying to sell a piece of themselves" at all. I just think it's sort of funny, laugh, and move on. I'd imagine they got a good laugh out of it. I just find it hard to believe that anyone would get upset about it. You want the book, buy one; you don't want the book, don't buy. It's as simple as that. I don't think it's really expected that anyone will buy 1500 copies.

I actually raised this possibility of them seeing this as any publicity is good publicity. Judging from the posts from this board, if that was their intention, not everyone got the joke. I really don't know what to think but I do stand by my post that maybe they have not left the bubble yet and the true test will come later on when the attention is not as focused on them

I do wish them well.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:34 pm

beader wrote:Does no one except me see this marketing offer as a total joke?  I only know Des and Chris to the extent we've seen them on TV, but they both seem like pranksters.  I  don't see it as "trying to sell a piece of themselves" at all.  I just think it's sort of funny, laugh, and move on.  I'd imagine they got a good laugh out of it.  I just find it hard to believe that anyone would get upset about it.  You want the book, buy one; you don't want the book, don't buy.  It's as simple as that.  I don't think it's really expected that anyone will buy 1500 copies.

I agree!  They are not worried about it and are enjoying each other in Portland at his alumni game as we speak.  Hugesmile High clap 

Not sure anyone actually ever leaves the Bachelor bubble for good. Even Jason and Molly recently said there are still perks and their favorite is being able to go to the weddings and special events and see everyone. Even Trista alluded to this and how these events were usually "all expenses paid " that they viewed as "family vacations!"  I do think Des leaving LA was the best thing for their relationship.  Starting a life in Seattle together with Chris is very telling. I know she could have done DWTS but glad she didn't. That is a lot of pressure. Happy Sean and Cat survived it and seemed to come out even stronger!
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:38 pm

biglove44 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
umngirl, Chris and Des are together now so there should be a chris/des general discussion thread just like there was one for Sean/Catherine.  Last season, there was a final couple general discussion thread (for those that didn't feel like gushing), different from the fan forum so it's only fair to have one for Chris/Des too.

We already have fan threads for Brooks, Chris, and Drew. We also have general discussion threads for Brooks, Chris and Drew. So many threads already, and I'd like to see all discussions in one thread, instead of jumping around, clicking different threads. But that's just me who's easily confused Embarressed!
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:41 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
beader wrote:Does no one except me see this marketing offer as a total joke?  I only know Des and Chris to the extent we've seen them on TV, but they both seem like pranksters.  I  don't see it as "trying to sell a piece of themselves" at all.  I just think it's sort of funny, laugh, and move on.  I'd imagine they got a good laugh out of it.  I just find it hard to believe that anyone would get upset about it.  You want the book, buy one; you don't want the book, don't buy.  It's as simple as that.  I don't think it's really expected that anyone will buy 1500 copies.
I agree!  They are not worried about it and are enjoying each other in Portland at his alumni game as we speak.  Hugesmile High clap 

Not sure anyone actually ever leaves te Bachelor bubble for good. Even Jason and Molly recently said there are still perks and their favorite is being able to go to the weddings and special events and see everyone. Even Trista alluded to this and how these events were usually "all expenses paid " that they viewed as "family vacations!"  I do think Des leaving LA was the best thing for their relationship.  Starting a life in Seattle together with Chris is very telling. I know she could have done DWTS but glad she didn't. That is a lot of pressure. Happy Sean an Cat survived it and seemed to come out even stronger!  
That's assuming she would have ever been asked to do DWTS, but I don't think she would have because she isn't popular enough. No offense to her, but the ratings tell that story. And I believe SeanCat came out stronger because they looked at DWTS as a temporary job and not a stepping stone to more stuff in the industry. They always planned to move back to Dallas and build their lives there which is what they are doing now with a wedding hopefully in the near future as the signs are pointing to.

Sure there are perks that every couple, and even most contestants from this show take advantage of. But the marketing of the book just seems weird to me. It's one thing for people to come to a paid appearance to meet you, but paying for them to follow you or call you, just feels weird to me.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:43 pm

sdmom wrote:
biglove44 wrote:
umngirl wrote:

We already have fan threads for Brooks, Chris, and Drew. We also have general discussion threads for Brooks, Chris and Drew. So many threads already, and I'd like to see all discussions in one thread, instead of jumping around, clicking different threads. But that's just me who's easily confused Embarressed!
I don't know why separate fan threads and general threads are needed for each guy, that you would have to ask the mods. But a separate general thread for the couple different from the fan section is par for the course.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Why don't we just merge the current Chris thread into this one? That way we don't lose anything. I don't think anyone is talking about Chris without including Des. :Smiley: 

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:16 pm

IrishGal wrote:Why don't we just merge the current Chris thread into this one?  That way we don't lose anything.   I don't think anyone is talking about Chris without including Des. :Smiley: 
If I had that capability I absolutely would, but that's outside my expertise.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris & Desiree General Discussion

+5
alwaystulips
Rolly
Sprite
soccermom333
umngirl