SELECT CONTENT

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Page 71 of 75 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

catherine - Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion - Page 71 Empty Re: Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:00 pm

jaspats wrote:^^^ I fully understand that, dw_a_mom but sometimes it just gets to you. I'm ok.

It helps if you either don't go on twitter at all (and wait for the tweets from Sean and Catherine to get posted here), or have settings (is it possible?) to see tweets out from them but nothing going in to them.

In other words, filter the content, knowing the other stuff isn't worth your time.

I don't always practice what I preach, but ...

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

catherine - Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion - Page 71 Empty Re: Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Post by bluejay8 Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:02 pm

iloveromance wrote:Thank you guys. :Smiley: 

And I also want to say, that although people do watch this show for drama, as Catherine said so well, "The Bachelor is a show about love, about finding that special person for you." People want the fairytale, and if they don't get that, they at least want to see some kind of feelings between the couple.

It was obvious Juan Pablo was not going to give them anything, whether it was because he didn't feel supported by ABC, was dumped from DWTS, didn't like the way he was portrayed, etc. Whatever the reason, he didn't want to give them anything. And in the process he not only hurt himself, he hurt Nikki. Every time he didn't express his feelings on the ATFR she would look down sadly, then when she would look up, it almost seemed to me she forced a smile when he looked at her, like she didn't want him to know she was upset. I thought Nikki had more pride and was stronger than she's coming across. I actually would have pictured Clare handling things that way, and she's the one who stood up to him.

I don't know if anyone read Chris Harrison's interview, I think with TV Guide, but he said that in St.Lucia, Juan Pablo told the producers he would have a surprise for them on the ATFR. They obviously thought it might be a proposal. In fact, at the FRC, Juan Pablo didn't even tell them if he was going to propose or not, they only knew he chose Nikki. Chris also said that the day before the ATFR, that Juan Pablo again told the producers that he had a surprise for the ATFR. Then the next day he came on stage and said "what surprise, I don't have a surprise, you're the one talking about a surprise." He obviously wanted them to look bad, it was his way of getting back at them in that moment, since they were hyping this big surprise. Just shows what kind of person he is, if you ask me.

Hi Ilove! I read Chris Harrison's interview too and I believe him because I think he said JPab texted a producer the day before so it could be easily proven (if it's a case of he said/he said). And also in one of those Eonline video interviews down among the Cat and Sean segment, Chris also said something about JPab saying he had a ring in his pocket and Chris said something like I don't know what ring he was talking about because the Neil Lane ring was with them not with JPab or something to that effect.

Sorry about discussing JPab on this thread, just wanted to expound on your post ILove.

bluejay8

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:03 pm

joyjoy wrote:

And I also want to say, that although people do watch this show for drama, as Catherine said so well, "The Bachelor is a show about love, about finding that special person for you." People want the fairytale, and if they don't get that, they at least want to see some kind of feelings between the couple.

It was obvious Juan Pablo was not going to give them anything, whether it was because he didn't feel supported by ABC, was dumped from DWTS, didn't like the way he was portrayed, etc. Whatever the reason, he didn't want to give them anything. And in the process he not only hurt himself, he hurt Nikki. Every time he didn't express his feelings on the ATFR she would look down sadly, then when she would look up, it almost seemed to me she forced a smile when he looked at her, like she didn't want him to know she was upset. I thought Nikki had more pride and was stronger than she's coming across. I actually would have pictured Clare handling things that way, and she's the one who stood up to him.

I don't know if anyone read Chris Harrison's interview, I think with TV Guide, but he said that in St.Lucia, Juan Pablo told the producers he would have a surprise for them on the ATFR. They obviously thought it might be a proposal. In fact, at the FRC, Juan Pablo didn't even tell them if he was going to propose or not, they only knew he chose Nikki. Chris also said that the day before the ATFR, that Juan Pablo again told the producers that he had a surprise for the ATFR. Then the next day he came on stage and said "what surprise, I don't have a surprise, you're the one talking about a surprise." He obviously wanted them to look bad, it was his way of getting back at them in that moment, since they were hyping this big surprise. Just shows what kind of person he is, if you ask me.

Ilove, very well said! He has a very annoying defensive attitude!!

I think it might have been easier to watch if we'd had a steady succession of "bad" seasons. But we didn't. We had Sean and Catherine!!!! And even though I knew this season couldn't be anything like theirs, Sean did raise my expectations of how a Bachelor should act and want in the process.

Gosh, I'm still amazed that such a sweet love story actually came out of this franchise!!!! Juan Pablo is just a reminder of how difficult that truly is.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Here In Ohio Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:29 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
blessed66 wrote:You see the reason why people do not like Sean and Catherine is very clear, Sean and Catherine have the favor of God with them and when you look at them you can truly see the anointing of God on them.  Please do not like the Glory they represent because it clearly show the darkness in other people's lives.  It is a shame that instead of copying what is good people like to stay in their darkness.  I just wish people can stop and look at their live instead of blaming people who have nothing to do with their behavior.  I love Sean and Catherine because together they really shine bright.  Sean and Catherine are great people of integrity.

Honestly, this statement upsets me, because it comes across as very judgmental of anyone who does not see things exactly the way you do (and I think that in many cases you are flat out wrong about "the darkness in other people's lives").  I don't think God wants us to be exclusive like that, to exalt ourselves OR to exalt select others.  I know you are a person of great faith, but I do want to challenge you to take a look at how you apply that to your words in real life.  We ALL need to challenge ourselves at times like that; it is important to truly living our faith as God wants us to.  Which might be a better discussion for the faith thread.

This statement upsets me also and very much.  
I do not even post a lot - I have always been a huge Sean fan.
This is the General Discussion thread, NOT the FAN thread..

JMO,  ALL of the S&C threads are getting ridiculous.  I am uncomfortable just reading them.

IMHO...   no one is welcomed here but the selected 5 or 6 who post non stop and if you do not agree with them, your toast.  
There have a been a couple discussions about this and several who have left because of it and I truely understand and get it.
If we are not in the FAN thread, we should not be beaten up.

I am a Christian, I go to church, I tithe, I have a relationship with god - so what does it make me when I do not agree with neither of the last comments they made. and yes both of them went down a couple notches in my book.
Since when is it ok to degrade, humiliate, belittle a person just because they are not like you? Because did not work for them the same way.  Because they did not want the payout on those terms.  
Cathrine made it clear to the world that if you tow the line they pad your pockets and good for them.. I honestly would do it also..
however, not at the expense of another person, not the way they did it.  
Sean has shown he can clearly handle all the negatives that are and were thrown at him and in a very good, level way,  he does not need to stoop to CH and TP level.
He looked all bull headed with steam coming out of his nose, that was ridiculous - He did not even carry on like that on his 1st go around and he supposedly had feelings/connection.
He can tow the line and get his pockets padded but lord have mercy be normal about it, be yourself, do what you have been doing for the last year.

No need for anyones negative comments or beating me up.  These are my opinions and I am allowed to post them here in the General Discussion.

Just Here In Ohio

Female Posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Momon001 Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:52 pm

I support Sean @ Catherine whatever decisions they take (200 %) How could you believe what I wrote is true? Iam a sheep in wolves clothing; that's just me.

Momon001

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejay8 Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Just Here In Ohio wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:
blessed66 wrote:You see the reason why people do not like Sean and Catherine is very clear, Sean and Catherine have the favor of God with them and when you look at them you can truly see the anointing of God on them.  Please do not like the Glory they represent because it clearly show the darkness in other people's lives.  It is a shame that instead of copying what is good people like to stay in their darkness.  I just wish people can stop and look at their live instead of blaming people who have nothing to do with their behavior.  I love Sean and Catherine because together they really shine bright.  Sean and Catherine are great people of integrity.

Honestly, this statement upsets me, because it comes across as very judgmental of anyone who does not see things exactly the way you do (and I think that in many cases you are flat out wrong about "the darkness in other people's lives").  I don't think God wants us to be exclusive like that, to exalt ourselves OR to exalt select others.  I know you are a person of great faith, but I do want to challenge you to take a look at how you apply that to your words in real life.  We ALL need to challenge ourselves at times like that; it is important to truly living our faith as God wants us to.  Which might be a better discussion for the faith thread.

This statement upsets me also and very much.  
I do not even post a lot - I have always been a huge Sean fan.
This is the General Discussion thread, NOT the FAN thread..

JMO,  ALL of the S&C threads are getting ridiculous.  I am uncomfortable just reading them.

IMHO...   no one is welcomed here but the selected 5 or 6 who post non stop and if you do not agree with them, your toast.  
There have a been a couple discussions about this and several who have left because of it and I truely understand and get it.
If we are not in the FAN thread, we should not be beaten up.

I am a Christian, I go to church, I tithe, I have a relationship with god - so what does it make me when I do not agree with neither of the last comments they made. and yes both of them went down a couple notches in my book.
Since when is it ok to degrade, humiliate, belittle a person just because they are not like you? Because did not work for them the same way.  Because they did not want the payout on those terms.  
Cathrine made it clear to the world that if you tow the line they pad your pockets and good for them.. I honestly would do it also..
however, not at the expense of another person, not the way they did it.  
Sean has shown he can clearly handle all the negatives that are and were thrown at him and in a very good, level way,  he does not need to stoop to CH and TP level.
He looked all bull headed with steam coming out of his nose, that was ridiculous - He did not even carry on like that on his 1st go around and he supposedly had feelings/connection.
He can tow the line and get his pockets padded but lord have mercy be normal about it, be yourself, do what you have been doing for the last year.

No need for anyones negative comments or beating me up.  These are my opinions and I am allowed to post them here in the General Discussion.

Hi!  Actually this is the General Discussion thread for Sean and Catherine's Fan Forum.  The link for the General Discussion for Bachelor 17 Sean and Catherine you are referring to/looking for is I think this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bluejay8

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelySC Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:02 pm

I know this is Sean and Cat thread, just want to share my thoughts since most of you are doing just that. JP probably didn't find the kind of love he is seeking that is why i'ts very hard for him to proclaim "LOVE" words to Nikki. Although he picks Nikki over Claire, it may be hard for him to pretend just for the sake of the show to say "L" word. It's possible too that he fell for a girl that 'got away', Sharleen...just my thoughts.
lovelySC
lovelySC

Back to top Go down

Post by biolalyss Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi ILove! It's so good to see you posting again  Hugesmile 

biolalyss

Female Posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:29 pm

lovelySC wrote:I know this is Sean and Cat thread, just want to share my thoughts since most of you are doing just that. JP probably didn't find the kind of love he is seeking that is why i'ts very hard for him to proclaim "LOVE" words to Nikki.  Although he picks Nikki over Claire, it may be hard for him to pretend just for the sake of the show to say "L" word. It's possible too that he fell for a girl that 'got away', Sharleen...just my thoughts.

I think he is not serious of settling for good. I think he is not looking for a woman to be with him and a stepmom to Camilla. The fact that he can't admit he loves the woman he choose . It says a lot. Other might say that's okay for him not to say I love you because you can't force love. Cool, I get it. But is that supposed to be if you are with someone you want this person to know that you care about her . Atleast say something that show you care this person . I don't know what is his timeline of saying that word to her . Coz I am honestly confused of everything that happened. Maybe to me and Juan pablo are different on viewing about love because let's face it. If a guy just said to you I like you a lot I don't think it is enough for any woman to jump in that easily, fall for him so easily . We need something from this person since at the end they will be going to a real world . It is very important to hear that from woman's perspective. But Really? I don't know about anything what is the definition of a real relationship to Juan pablo. To me it looks like he just want a companionship not a real relationship and I hope he is blinding me . So it seems that it is okay with nikki and looks they are happy then wish them all the best. I hope their fans and non fans who like them a lot weren't offended of my thoughts about it. I am just giving my take like everyone else:)
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:57 pm

I don't get it guys so someone explain. This is a general discussion thread and that's what happens here. If you have a diverse opinion you are always welcome to state it. You're also welcome to defend your opinion if you feel it necessary with facts or your emotions about what you posted. I don't understand what "if you disagree with the 4 or 5 most regular posters you're toast" means.
Haven't we said enough over and over and over again about welcoming different opinions in general discussion.
I really believe EVERYONE is welcome here But if you have an opinion that is not a popular one for the thing you're posting about you have to be thick skinned and believe in yourself to come here.
You can't back peddle and say, you don't like me I'm going to pick up my toys and leave.
Hopefully we're all adults.
What am I doing here? I'm a senior, non Christian fan of Sean and Catherine who loves to get involved with diverse people and banter opinions back at forth.
I'm here because i love this discussion forum and the friends I've made here if we agree or not.
It's part of open debate, with mature grown up people of different backgrounds and opinions. Stand up for what you believe and don't feel threatened it isn't meant to be like that!
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppycorn Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:09 pm

blessed66 wrote:You see the reason why people do not like Sean and Catherine is very clear, Sean and Catherine have the favor of God with them and when you look at them you can truly see the anointing of God on them.  People do not like the Glory they represent because it clearly show the darkness in other people's lives.  It is a shame that instead of copying what is good people like to stay in their darkness.  I just wish people can stop and look at their lives instead of blaming people who have nothing to do with their behavior.  I love Sean and Catherine because together they really shine bright.  Sean and Catherine are great people of integrity.

blessed66, I do not want to upset you but frankly, reading this has offended me.  I know your faith is strong and I respect that, but please be careful when writing certain things as non-Christians can be offended by your comments.  You make it sound like non-Christians are living in darkness.  I am Buddhist and I lead a good life.  I certainly am not living in darkness.  Your comments sometimes make yourselves sound superior to others.  I highly doubt that people do not like Sean and Catherine because they have the "favor of God with them."  

Maybe you should put comments like these in the Christianity thread.  I hope I don't upset you but it just sounds like you feel Christians are better people and I just find these type of comments superior, judgmental and hurtful.

You have the right to talk about your faith but please don't make it sound like you are looking down on others. I have heard Sean speak of his faith often and he never sounds like he is judging anyone or looking down on them and that is why I respect him. Please do the same.

Poppycorn

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:09 pm

I am sorry to see a crack I put in the door getting pushed wider, but maybe it needed to be. I call things as I see them, hopefully with tact, but long run the other opinions don't really matter to me; I have no need to feel like part of the community; I say my piece and move on.

BUT in my observation most people who come to a board like this DO want to feel like part of a community, and I can see why they don't exactly get the warm fuzzies they are looking for. I think enough have said that for some of the regulars to take a look at themselves, because I do highly doubt that is what they want. I believe all the regular posters here are lovely people who care about doing right in the world and/or by God, but lovely people can still make mistakes and fail to see the impacts of their words on others. Remember that for everyone willing to say something, there will be many more just tactfully disappearing into the woodwork and feeling sad about it.

dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 75 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

+61
lipsis
jaromarie
Cari
Rolly
yrkiemommy