SELECT CONTENT

Celebrities - News - Discussion

Page 22 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 22 Empty Re: Celebrities - News - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:23 pm

@nikikass oh my gosh. Tears for sure during PM Trudeau's speech. The pic in the article shows true heartache. My son called me this morning, in tears. He saw them several times. Especially for the 30-40 something year olds, they grew up with him. As a teen his music was constantly blaring in my house.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 22 Empty Re: Celebrities - News - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:56 pm

officeRules wrote:R.I.P. Gord...

There are so many touching tributes happening.  Still makes me sad.  

IA I'm still so sad reading all the tributes. He was a very special man, Canadian, father, and friend to all.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Here's another one. I love Tim Thompson's work. He put's together amazing Hockey Vids. Gord Downie was a huge hockey fan. the vid is in the link. sad

He speaks for a lot of Canadians.

For Gord...
It's been a very tough week. A really sad one. I've tried to figure out what to write. Or what to say. For someone who's had such a monumental impact on my life, it didn't seem enough.
So I turned to what I know best.
I call this film "Winter Fighters" and it's my tribute to Gord Downie, to The Tragically Hip, and to our love of hockey.
It's a deep connection with them, one that has been a big part of my life. It's what helped me to move from being a hockey player, to that of a filmmaker, when I didn't know what I was going to do. He helped me see the art, not only in the game, but in everyday life.
A true gift.
I'm grateful for having known him, for the music, for his words, for the conversations, and for the emails that I'll cherish.
This is for you Gord.
See you down the road.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:34 pm

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:56 am

I absolutely loved him on Soap and the spin off Benson. At a time when a lot of issues weren't acceptable for TV viewing, those two shows were hilarious in that they confronted real life issues that some were hesitant to discuss. It didn't last long for those reasons and the restrictions the network and activists that were against them. It was too controversial. Rolling Eyes

Robert Guillaume, Groundbreaking Emmy Winner In 'Soap,' 'Benson,' Dies

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 22 Gettyimages-52816698_vert-ad79f32377e6546e57a4a0e4ef5e2ab8e90511f7-s300-c85

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/24/559889873/robert-guillaume-groundbreaking-emmy-winner-in-soap-benson-dies

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:52 am

I love Blake and glad he got this honor.  Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 22 1f60d

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 22 8367-910 Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 22 I_got_13 Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 22 E5kqdm15 Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 22 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:23 pm

Posts have been moved here.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Happy birthday to the first love of my life!!! 73 yrs young today. I have tickets for the March show in Toronto, but now this was announced which is a different tour! Yikes! Do I try and sell the March tickets which are floor seats at the ACC and a heck of a lot more than what the August show will sell for at Budweiser Toronto?? IDK!!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm

@GuardianAngel I saw him here in London at the Budweiser Gardens years ago. Rod puts on a great show. One of my favourites....Foot Loose and Fancy Free was the first album I even owned.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:12 pm

I've lost track how many times I've seen him in concert. Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 22 2498057887 I don't think my son was born the first time I went and he's mid 30's. Sometimes twice a year, once in Buffalo and once in Toronto.  Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 22 3806527698

The last time I saw him was in Buffalo, 2014 with Carlos Santana. He skipped Buffalo on his last tour, so I'm glad he's at least in Toronto this year! Now he's in Toronto, twice! All the other cities are US cities, but not Buffalo sad. I much prefer Buffalo, it's easy and close for me than Toronto. He's 73 yrs old today. How much longer will he tour??  sad

I'm pretty sure he has London on his spring tour because I was considering that rather than Toronto.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 pm

@GuardianAngel Yes, I think he is here in London in March.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Happy bday Rod. I love his version of Baby I'm Amazed and of course, Maggie May.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Celebrities - News - Discussion

+38
ddsmom17
Scooby
sdmom
ReneeM
mprssdbyu