SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SmallVictories - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 48 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:24 pm

That's the problem, though. They DO care what people think of them. That's why Sean immediately wrote a blog after CWS, Catherine ran to Twitter to defend her husband, and they retweeted all the defenses they got. With MBC, they didn't even wait for it to air before writing a blog defending it, where they admitted they were worried about their reputation and good name being tarnished and did it b/c Trista told them she/Ryan got a good edit and they would fare similarily. You can't have it both ways (universal love and $$$) and don't seem to get that m. JMO.

Back to top Go down

SmallVictories - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 48 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by california90 Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:07 am

I've always thought of them to be money chasers. Its so obvious with the life I think they want to live. They can do whatever they want for however amount of money, but they also should know that they open up opportunities for people to criticize them. I hope its worth it in the end for them.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:57 am

The have been asked . They don't chase it. I do think because among formers they haven't been on the same situation. I know when talking money like others doing when they do things like this too , have various opinions on it.And that is okay.For all you know the lowes are happy about their life back home and they are contented about it .They might do these things but at the end of the day they get home live their normal life , with their jobs , family and friends .I know you can all call them names whatever you want but who are we to judge . For sure they knew what they are getting on it . The fact that they have been cautious about chosing what to appear .  It says a lot to them. They are good people . Although this mbc might really not fit for them but still did it and honestly said did for  cash like others . I think we just wait how the editing goes and if it is the same editing then I would say it just what it is . They did it. So be it .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:22 am

lovebites8727 wrote:The have been asked . They don't chase it. I do think because among formers they haven't been on the same situation. I know when talking money like others doing when they do things like this too , have various opinions on it.And that is okay.For all you know the lowes are happy about their life back home and they are contented about it .They might do these things but at the end of the day they get home live their normal life , with their jobs , family and friends .I know you can all call them names whatever you want but who are we to judge . For sure they knew what they are getting on it . The fact that they have been cautious about chosing what to appear .  It says a lot to them. They are good people . Although this mbc might really not fit for them but still did it and honestly said did for  cash like others . I think we just wait how the editing goes and if it is the same editing then I would say it just what it is . They did it. So be it .

They DO chase it. They were asked and they chased after it because it paid them what they thought was worth the criticism they could possibly receive from doing a show called "Marriage Boot Camp". I could careless. I hope that is worth it to them if they already have to defend themselves and continue to do so down the road.

I'd like to clarify my previous post. Just because I said they were money chasers, doesn't mean I said that they're not happy with their lives back at home or that they need the money. Or that I think they are bad people. It's obvious that they want to live a certain lifestyle so they are going to choose what they appear on for whatever amount of money that may be in order to sustain that lifestyle. In lifestyle I'm talking about possibilities of early retirement, less work in their normal lives, savings for family, etc. It's as simple as that and I hope just because the term has negative connotations attached with it that it is not being misconstrued into other statements I have no made. Just all my opinion.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:39 am

Ah okay . I think formers can be labeled them as money chaser just with different situation , doing differently and I could be careless laugh out loud

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:50 am

I think what they are doing is fine.  Has my opinion lowered of them ? Yes!!  But who cares.  I am sure they don't. LOL..

I just don't like the "preaching and their faith" they give, and the constant..oops  we made a mistake.   Fine...make mistakes, that is what life is about.  Learning from them.  But to keep doing them and expecting different results is a bit much.  I do appreciate the fact that they are doing it for the money.  But to me.. it does not fall on what they are trying to present themselves as.  That is the only issue I have with them.

As long as they are both on the same page, that is all that matters.   It's their lives and they can live it as they see fit.

I just don't take what they say seriously anymore.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Nikki - exactly. I don't care that they've done it...and I'm sure if someone offered me $200k to do it, I would too.

It's their life and they can live it how they want...just step down off your soapbox and quit trying to portray yourselves as someone you're not. At least he was honest about his reason for doing the show (for the money)...but that is in complete conflict with the message they continually try to send. Actions speak louder than words...and right now their actions are in conflict with their words. That's my issue!

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:26 pm

I think it's something he clearly struggles with too - wanting to do these shows but maybe feeling like a flake for doing them. He mentioned in his CWS blog that he cares perhaps too much about what people think of him. He mentioned in his MBC blog that his reasoning for doing it sound kind of ugly and cheap. Just made me think it's an internal struggle for him.

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:33 pm

bleuberry wrote:I think it's something he clearly struggles with too - wanting to do these shows but maybe feeling like a flake for doing them. He mentioned in his CWS blog that he cares perhaps too much about what people think of him. He mentioned in his MBC blog that his reasoning for doing it sound kind of ugly and cheap. Just made me think it's an internal struggle for him.

ITA. He doesn't totally seem comfortable in his own skin. IMO he still seems to be searching for a career, but if he was going to plow $200,000 into real estate you'd think there would be more of a buzz about those ventures rather than vague references to "real estate development" or "the oil and gas thing", whatever that is. Instead it would be easy to assume from his tweets that he lives at the gym, period.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:30 pm

New thread for Marriage Boot Camp. Please discuss all contestants in that thread titled Spoilers. TY

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:26 pm

instinct wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I think it's something he clearly struggles with too - wanting to do these shows but maybe feeling like a flake for doing them. He mentioned in his CWS blog that he cares perhaps too much about what people think of him. He mentioned in his MBC blog that his reasoning for doing it sound kind of ugly and cheap. Just made me think it's an internal struggle for him.

ITA.  He doesn't totally seem comfortable in his own skin.   IMO he still seems to be searching for a career, but if he was going to plow $200,000 into real estate you'd think there would be more of a buzz about those ventures rather than vague references to "real estate development" or "the oil and gas thing", whatever that is.  Instead it would be easy to assume from his tweets that he lives at the gym, period.
Reading Sean's blog was certainly interesting. I do agree with Sean that his reasoning for opening up his personal life on yet another reality tv show is kind of ugly & cheap. But if that's what it takes to keep his Porsche in the driveway of his upscale home in a trendy Dallas suburb, go for it! Gotta pay the bills and not everything can be a trade out for SM promotion.

There would be more of a buzz about the "real estate development" if it were going well. The Highland Park home Sean chirped about on his blog in July is still on the market and the price was reduced $220,000. Yes, almost a quarter of a million dollars. Not to worry... the real "money" and real estate brains is not Sean in this venture.  Hugesmile 

To be honest, my B.S. meter was on "tilt" reading his blog. Please don't justify your decision to do this pseudo marriage counseling show because your "good friends" the Sutters did it. Are you really hoping to form long term friendships with Mama June & Sugar Bear? Come on now - don't insult my intelligence. Will the on-camera counseling you receive benefit your marriage more than private sessions with a faith-based counselor or marriage retreat through your church? That's a tough one to swallow. As to Catherine feeling the money would be a "blessing" - the other reality show veterans on this show will be equally "blessed" by the paycheck. No need to cloak it in righteousness. 

The Lowes are doing what many others in Bach Nation are doing to capitalize on their "fame". They are not different or special in any way. All my opinion, of course.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Sean's and Catherine's hypocrisy is laughable..... He needs to stop pretending to be someone he is not.

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie