SELECT CONTENT

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Page 20 of 53 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 36 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by IrishGal Fri May 29, 2015 11:52 pm

Dear mods, can Nick Vialls thread in the current contestant forum please be put in  alphabetical order like all the other contestants?  Thank you.  Smiley

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by albean99 Sat May 30, 2015 7:42 am

IrishGal wrote:Dear mods, can Nick Vialls thread in the current contestant forum please be put in  alphabetical order like all the other contestants?  Thank you.  Smiley

I couldn't figure out why it was at the top until I finally figured out that there was a space before his name. I fixed it but it shouldn't matter if you use the View New Posts tab which I do all the time.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15310

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm tearing my hair out here trying to post. One of two things happens. I either get a message that says I've timed out even if I only took 30 seconds or I completely get thrown off the website. Redfacemad

IrishGal
IrishGal

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:15 pm

I had the same time out problem earlier but it's been okay for a few hours. When it happened I hit my back button to return to where I was and then tried to post again. It did it the second time. I'm sorry, I don't know what to tell you about the crashes. GA can have someone look into it in the morning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:42 pm

Well, good to hear it's not just me. Thank you for responding.

Eta... It just happened again while posting this.

IrishGal
IrishGal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:50 am

Thanks guys. We are aware and will be attending to it. Part of the problem is it's the weekend and your mods(specifically the one who deals with all IT issues) are enjoying our weekend. 
Thanks for everyone's patience. We will try to solve the issue.
ETA: I am not having any issues this morning. So maybe resolved?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:03 am

I don't see any issues in Support. The other issues is the 'paid' technicians don't work weekends at Support. If there is an issue we have to live with it until Monday.

What you described IG is typical of their server problems. For whatever reason it slows down, weather related, blips, coupled with the fact they are in Europe, we may occasionally run into that.

I find that hitting the back button, usually brings me back to my post and I can resend it.

It appears all is well this morning.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanderluster Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Is there a way I can see my own posts?

And instead of emails is there a setting to be notified when someone replies to my posts?

Thanks!

Being different isn't a bad thing. It just means you're brave enough to be yourself.
Wanderluster
Wanderluster

Female Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:31 pm

You can go to Memberlist, under the banner. Insert your name, search. Choose your name, choose statistics, scroll to "Find all messages posted by"

A list of your posts will come up. If you choose the title of the thread, it will take you to that post. Go back to go back to the list.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Moved

Peppermom wrote:I really don't know where to put this so I am putting it here.  I have been a member on this board since pretty close to the first couple weeks. I haven't been posting much the past couple seasons, just reading and I have a question.  What is up with always having to say "IMO" or something similar.  Of course it is my opinion.  I just said it didn't I?  I'm not trying to be difficult, I truly just do not understand the reasoning behind this.  Why do I have to provide "proof" of my opinion.  If I am giving a fact regarding something, I would expect to have to give the information about where that fact came from.  Otherwise, everything I say, is my opinion.  Whether or not you like it, whether or not you agree with it, it is mine.  I thought that was the rule here.  I am entitled to my opinion about the shows, the cast of characters on the show, and the way I interpret things based upon my own life experiences.  Wouldn't it be easier to believe that what I type is my opinion, and if I state something is a fact, that I would be expected to supply backup to support that fact?  Saying what I think about someone's behavior on these shows, isn't because I am qualified to do a psychoanalysis on that person and have had the opportunity to do so, it is because that is what I think.  It is my opinion.  I, personally, like reading all the different opinions.  I often helps me see the other side.  I don't understand the posts that get all up in arms about an opinion that was given.  Read the ones you agree with, roll your eyes on the ones you don't agree with and move on.  Anyway, getting off the soap box and back to my original question.

Why type IMO over and over when it should be expected and understood that it if I typed it, it is my opinion?

Thanks to all the wonderful Mods here.  You do an outstanding job!!

The reason is we cannot possibly know what is fact and what is opinion. Nothing is assumed. We don't take responsibility for "opinions" when it isn't stated as an opinion or fact. You don't have to provide proof for your opinion. Proof is required for something you are stating as fact, or when posting IG tweets etc, we need to know the source. We check every link every source, to ensure it's within the forum rules. We give credit where it's due for anything that is taken from the internet. Posting a pic from an IG without providing a link where it came from is copyright infringement.

I can't assume it's your opinion, if you don't say so. For the purpose of this post, "your" means everyone. All opinions are welcome, however for example, Joe Smith is a liar. How do I know he's a liar without proof. Is that your opinion, or do you have proof he's a liar. We discuss opinions, and therefore when we are reading posts, we need to know if it's an opinion or if there are facts to back up your post. If information is given that is fact, then a source must be provided unless it's relayed by a confidential source who has given permission to share.

I appreciate your question, and am glad to answer it for you and anyone else that might have wondered why this is a forum rule that will always apply.

Here is a good example of what happens when the source is not provided. This is a very small example.

Iambaker.net

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Kashathediva wrote:"Oh would it be that easy," said in my most respectful tone. :Nod:
Each member here is as unique as a snowflake. 
Some take things with a grain of salt. Some don't. 
Sense of humor is a variable, as well as cognitive aptitude(a nice way to say snark and intelligence). 
We have enough difficulty as mods getting our members here to correctly source a photo or link.  Kissing cousins are "facts". So, it's wonderful when people source things, but it's unfortunately not always done. 
We, as a sleuthing forum would constantly be asking if this was the posters POV/opinion or if it was fact and if it was fact, where is it's source? (as a sleuther I would want to know how I missed the fact or simply be curious)
If it's an opinion, and we all have them, it can often be softening to say IMOAA when our POV differs from another. Let's face it, this show has brought out the evil twin in many of us during certain seasons. And for some of us, it routinely brings out the evil twin. 
Emotions run high. 
It can soften a post to say "IMO" and then again it may only emphasis that I want to ram my POV down the readers throat. giggling
I have found that a written word without attached intonation and body language can be easily misconstrued. That is one reason I use the emotes often. 
It is mind boggling to think that in 2011 we started this forum with a couple hundred members. Four years later we have close to 6000 members from all corners of the world and not all speak English as well as the next. This adds to the confusion as to what is fact vs opinion. 
Just my 2 cents. 2cents
Hope this helps. Smiley

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:28 pm

My reply was deleted. I have been told I was rude. It was not my intention to be rude. Gee, Thanks was my way of showing my surprise. "Gee" that something I said would be considered fact on this board and "thanks" for the reply. It wasn't intended as a dig to anyone. My apologies.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 53 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 36 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

+71
gurlbrit
HavaDrPepper
provenceguy
carto
samc