SELECT CONTENT

Marquel Martin for The Bachelor 19

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marquel Martin for The Bachelor 19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Marquel Martin for The Bachelor 19

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Ayana wrote:If he had known he was going to be this popular, I'm sure he wouldn't have done BIP but it's too late now. I just can't see them making him the Bachelor right after being on BIP.

Agreed. That is some sort of unwritten rule of theirs.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Marquel Martin for The Bachelor 19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Marquel Martin for The Bachelor 19

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Piper61 wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:Marquel the human being should be the bachelor, forget about the skin color. IMO, he is the type of man any woman should want as a partner or mate.
 :yes:  I just watched his part again where he talks about wanting to be looked at and not have the first thought that he is a black man.  His tears broke my heart.  He is a charming, funny, stylish, sensitive and handsome man.  If he doesn't get scooped up by some lucky woman post show, something is wrong with young single women out there.  And the man bakes cookies!!!

That was one of the most real things they have ever shown on this show. He really is a wonderful man. I do hope he finds his perfect someone soon!

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsbatonmom Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:00 am

Just saw that they announced Marquel being on BIP....
mrsbatonmom
mrsbatonmom

Female Posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:03 am

^^ The post in which he was announced now has over 30,000 LIKES and almost 3,000 COMMENTS, all demanding he become the next Bachelor.
That, mixed with the fact that he happened to "conveniently" get eliminated from BIP one day after Monday's episode(when this whole Marquel craziness really started), tells me that the next lead is nowhere close to being decided.

The outcry for him to become the next lead is MASSIVE...
#Marquel and #MarqulForBachelor both trended in the U.S. on Monday night.
Multiple campaigns and petitions were started;
Practically every single comment on the shows official FB and Twitter site is about him;
The creators and producers are getting spamed with #MarquelForBachelor on Twitter;
Practically every single alum is in love with him, wanting him to become the next lead;
Even his fellow contestants are tweeting #MarquelForBachelor
The likes of TIME Magazine, Huffington Post; Cosmopolitan, Glamour Magazine, US Today, Jezebel, The New Yorker, THG, Hollywood Reporter... etc. are posting articles on him(as the next Bach).
He was even discussed on The View.
It's crazy.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:16 am

I hope it doesn't turn out like JPG because i remember it was the same, people were like JP should be the bachelor and stuff like that til he became it but look how that turned out. I really hope if it's Marquel, he'll do a great job and find his special one. He's a cool classy guy.
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:24 am

Whatever kind of job he does or does not do--TPTB will run him over with the bus. That's a given. This kind of tv role puts whoever the lead is between a rock and a hard place. 
Hopefully Marquel's hard place--well--let's hope he bakes good cookies!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:26 am

^^ Those two are strikingly different in every way, IMO.
People got all hot over Mr. Latin Lover, who instead of speaking English spoke "the language of love".
On the other hand people fell in love with Marquel for who he is as a person, not for his (ridiculously hot) looks.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:21 am

chloep wrote:^^ Those two are strikingly different in every way, IMO.
People got all hot over Mr. Latin Lover, who instead of speaking English spoke "the language of love".  
On the other hand people fell in love with Marquel for who he is as a person, not for his (ridiculously hot) looks.

That is, of course, what production knows better than we do: what the real person is like, and if America will still love him when we've seen a whole lot more of him.

I don't think anyone has gone up in overall perception after being the lead for a season. If I was Marquel, I'd enjoy all the positive attention and then realize that my reputation sits better turning it down. He could wait it out like Chris Lambton until he gets a better TV offer.

dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:43 am

^^ That's the point though....we had absolutely no knowledge of JP's character/personality. We had absolutely no insight on who he is as a person. What kind of principles he has, what he wants out of this show, how he interacts/engages with people, how well he can express himself..etc.
People did not give a crap about JP personally. They weren't invested in his story. The opposite is true with Marquel.

As for production; it's been said many time before who much he was liked in the house(by cast and crew alike).

chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:56 am

chloep wrote:^^ That's the point though....we had absolutely no knowledge of JP's character/personality. We had absolutely no insight on who he is as a person. What kind of principles he has, what he wants out of this show, how he interacts/engages with people, how well he can express himself..etc.
People did not give a crap about JP personally. They weren't invested in his story. The opposite is true with Marquel.

As for production; it's been said many time before who much he was liked in the house(by cast and crew alike).

I would like Marquel as bachelor strictly based on his personality.  He is charismatic, dynamic, fun, and clever.  
Not a token; a prize catch. A man who represents himself.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:11 pm

notarose wrote:
chloep wrote:^^ That's the point though....we had absolutely no knowledge of JP's character/personality. We had absolutely no insight on who he is as a person. What kind of principles he has, what he wants out of this show, how he interacts/engages with people, how well he can express himself..etc.

I would like Marquel as bachelor strictly based on his personality.  He is charismatic, dynamic, fun, and clever.  
Not a token; a prize catch. A man who represents himself.

Frankly, for me, the buzz surrounding JPab was manufactured by producers. The audience barely saw him and I don't remember the outpouring for him to be the Bachelor until after the MTA...when they were already pimping him out and trying to build his fan base since they had nobody else. (Shades of when they picked Jake.) The love for Marquel seems to have come about much more spontaneously, starting from the cookie tasting, his fashion sense and culminating when he handled a very difficult situation with class and dignity. For many of us spoilers, it started even before that...when we first became privy to the fact that he was going to be on the show.  beatingheart

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:37 am

Sprite wrote:Frankly, for me, the buzz surrounding JPab was manufactured by producers. The audience barely saw him and I don't remember the outpouring for him to be the Bachelor until after the MTA...when they were already pimping him out and trying to build his fan base since they had nobody else. (Shades of when they picked Jake.) The love for Marquel seems to have come about much more spontaneously, starting from the cookie tasting, his fashion sense and culminating when he handled a very difficult situation with class and dignity. For many of us spoilers, it started even before that...when we first became privy to the fact that he was going to be on the show.  beatingheart

I'm in complete agreement with this. I also didn't see people on social media clambering for Juan Pa to be the bachelor until the MTA. I didn't see tweets, petitions, articles or television shows wanting him to be the bachelor.
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Marquel Martin for The Bachelor 19

+26
unknown82
GuardianAngel
stuckinsc
luvlady345
deeliciouz