SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Page 60 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 60 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by nannymargie Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:50 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I think you meant Ashley Rosenbaum.  Dental school is a fairly grueling four years, with many hours of dental type volunteering necessary before you are even admitted.  Our dental students complete a full gross anatomy course, with a semester long head and neck specialty gross anatomy.  They then spend endless hours in clinic caring for actual patients all while taking board exams through their second, third and fourth years.  It is pretty intense.  Our dental students are also required to do community service each year as well, and are expected to be involved in professional dental organizations as well as campus outreach.  Many like Ashley follow this up with a fairly competitive residency.  So I find Ashley's accomplishment a little more impressive than Andi's.  I also have many friends who have gone to law school and passed the bar as well.  It is not easy, but it doesn't compare to the time and levels of effort I have seen our dental students put in.

I am experienced with this as I have been a teaching assistant for medical students in histology and gross anatomy, as well as teaching gross anatomy lectures for occupational and physical therapy students and physician assistant students.  I have worked closely in volunteer efforts and campus leadership with dental, nursing and other allied health students.  Most require a lot of work and many hours of commitment.  I was shocked when Emily O'Brien was a contestant on Ben's season.  I guess her mentor let her take a leave of absence while she wrote her dissertation, but it is not normal in anyway.  

Andi's achievements are good, but not anymore impressive then most of the people I meet on an everyday basis here at the school I am at.

If Josh is happy with Andi great, if he is F2, I think he will be a great bachelor and if not, we have tons of fabulous, smart and non-diva women that he may be interested in now that he is open to dating and he doesn't feel like he has to give his all to caring for his family.

I disagree.  Josh was there for Andi and if he didn't "feel" it with her he would have left.  It was not just about winning with him.  IMHO  Heck they all are competitive but when it comes down to it you can't fake the chemistry or emotion.  Time will tell with andi and Josh but seems like they are doing just fine.  Smiley  IMHO of course!  ;)

I didn't say Josh wasn't there for Andi.  If anything I believe I was one of the people question if Andi was good enough for Josh with the way she treated him.  But if she doesn't chose him, he will be fine, just as almost every F2 to come out of this franchise has been fine.  

I see what you are saying but I understand where Andi was coming from. Her feelings for Josh was so strong she was scared to get her heart broken. She even told him that she was hard on him. He loved her enough to stick it out until he got her walls to come down. We saw a few things that showed Andi being loving and protective of Josh. So now that they are engaged and she trust him and knows he won't break her heart she now treats him with love and affection. All this is my opinion.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 60 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:22 pm

sbolduc wrote:
I really believe Andi needs a mix of a Josh and a Nick. I think she needs the fun-loving goofy personality/chemistry of a Josh and the intellectual/mental connection of a Nick. JMHO.

That is the only thing that worries me. It seems like she really does get something important from each guy that she doesn't from the other, so can she really make it a lifetime with just one of the guys, and having things be a little one-sided? I guess if she is with Josh she can get the intellectual at work ... and have his fun and calm (most of the time; except when he's miff'd) to come home to Smiley

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:02 pm

I can't agree that she will not get any intellectual connection from Josh...he really isn't a dumb jock, to the contrary. I think we have had two different portrayals of the guys for the sake of the storyboard, not that Nick can't be fun and goofy nor that Josh cannot give Andi mental stimulation. I feel both are not being portrayed to their utmost. JMO.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Piper61 wrote:I can't agree that she will not get any intellectual connection from Josh...he really isn't a dumb jock, to the contrary.  I think we have had two different portrayals of the guys for the sake of the storyboard, not that Nick can't be fun and goofy nor that Josh cannot give Andi mental stimulation.  I feel both are not being portrayed to their utmost. JMO.

Good Post I agree 

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaltie Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Glow worm, we will have a tough morning in front of us...... (Allting slutar kl 05.00)!!!!  rotfl 

Kaltie

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:36 pm

Piper61 wrote:I can't agree that she will not get any intellectual connection from Josh...he really isn't a dumb jock, to the contrary.  I think we have had two different portrayals of the guys for the sake of the storyboard, not that Nick can't be fun and goofy nor that Josh cannot give Andi mental stimulation.  I feel both are not being portrayed to their utmost. JMO.

I apologize that my wording suggested she wouldn't any, but I don't think she will get as much as she would with Nick.

As much as I enjoy Josh, I'm already bored with how he talks on this show.  Sorry, it's true:  he doesn't go into depth about "why" on much of anything; he mostly shares what "is."  And then repeats it.  I know he must be a smart guy, and I know we don't hear everything, but even in serious conversations, I see the same pattern.  It wouldn't be the right balance for me (although I think the "whys" with Nick might actually be too much, given how I love my silly reality TV for no knowable reason!), and that leaves me wondering if it will be the right balance for Andi.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:43 pm

There are several reasons why we keep the threads locked during epi night. One of them is to keep the conversation in one thread. Also, it’s easier to monitor when there are hundreds of posts in a short time.

However, after being advised of some concerns from many posters, we have decided to change things up this season! We will see how it goes, and maybe we'll do this for every season.

The Nick and Josh FAN THREADS will remain open.

The Episode thread will be open. This will give everyone a choice on where you’d like to hang out tonight.

The Andi and her F1 thread, Fan and Discussion will open once it has been confirmed who her F1 is.

Please respect your fellow posters. Any posts that are not within the rules, will be deleted, and the thread will be locked to avoid quotes after quotes of the offending post. We won’t have time to review posts and decide what to keep and what stays. We want everyone to enjoy the end of the season.

The last 48 hours have been fun with all the support for your guy. Lets keep it that way and enjoy the show!

Thank you!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:14 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
sbolduc wrote:
I really believe Andi needs a mix of a Josh and a Nick. I think she needs the fun-loving goofy personality/chemistry of a Josh and the intellectual/mental connection of a Nick. JMHO.

That is the only thing that worries me.  It seems like she really does get something important from each guy that she doesn't from the other, so can she really make it a lifetime with just one of the guys, and having things be a little one-sided?  I guess if she is with Josh she can get the intellectual at work ... and have his fun and calm (most of the time; except when he's miff'd) to come home to Smiley  

It became a little more clearer last night: Andi actually NEEDS to get out of her head, and she can't do that with a man too similar to herself, like Nick is. Josh forces her out of her head, so maybe it really can work ...

dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:18 pm

A comment I can't make in the Josh fan thread:  I think he is being way too hard on Nick.  I know Nick was not the perfect gentleman last night, but the guy is hurting, and we all make mistakes when hurting.  Josh, however, is not hurting, and there is no reason for him to not only express displeasure at what Nick said, but to disparage Nick's character in some of the after-show interviews he has done (going into how no one liked him, how they won't associate with "people like that," and so on. Defend Andi by acknowledging Nick went one comment too far; that is fine. But the rest? Not necessary and NOT classy).  Those quotes have really pissed me off at a time I wanted to celebrate with Josh and Andi.

dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:23 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:A comment I can't make in the Josh fan thread:  I think he is being way too hard on Nick.  I know Nick was not the perfect gentleman last night, but the guy is hurting, and we all make mistakes when hurting.  Josh, however, is not hurting, and there is no reason for him to not only express displeasure at what Nick said, but to disparage Nick's character in some of the after-show interviews he has done (going into how no one liked him, how they won't associate with "people like that," and so on.  Defend Andi by acknowledging Nick went one comment too far; that is fine.  But the rest?  Not necessary and NOT classy).  Those quotes have really pissed me off at a time I wanted to celebrate with Josh and Andi.

I agree, I wish Josh would so a little Christian forgiveness instead of stooping to this level that he seems to think Nick is at. Plus add in the very obvious comment of his about Nick from when Andi gave Nick the HTD rose and Josh may not be the nice, gracious man I thought he was. Too bad.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by sophfemme Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:29 pm

On the topic of intelligence I would just like to say that Josh graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Georgia Terry Business school with a management degree. The Terry business school is ranked in the top 50 both bachelor and master degrees in business. He has a job right now as a Financial Consultant for many athletes including his younger brother Aaron.

I'm a business student myself at a top 50 business school and I can tell you it's not as easy as you think it is. I went in thinking how hard could learning how to manage people and finances be? Turns out a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm not saying that Josh is a genius or anything but he can more than hold his own in intelligence.

sophfemme

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:34 pm

He sure must be very modest as he hides it so well.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

+110
mag pie
emeraldluvsbama
StacyNor
whit90
LoveGodTheMost