SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 31 of 79 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 31 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:43 am

Beeleever wrote:The skepticism is very real for those of us who have been loyal fans of The Bach/ette and have been "taken" numerous times. It's hard to recover from a situation where you are given information from people you trust, only to find out you were lied to and "played" for a fool by TPTB.
Having said that, I believe Dr. C because of the integrity of his character and the moral compass he exhibits in his posts. I actually feel bad that he has to work this hard to convince us that this reality TV show is actually "real".

I was one of those skeptical viewers while watching Love in The Wild, Season1. Watching the editing like a hawk and waiting to be fooled. It is difficult to put that behind you when you've watched TB franchise and sleuthed for so many years.

It's also refreshing to watch knowing what you're watching may in fact be the real deal and even more enjoyable without RS's input. (As she pulls out the clove of garlic and makes the sign of the cross to avoid being jinxed)  cantstopl 
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71506

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 31 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by gadgetqwn Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:06 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Beeleever wrote:The skepticism is very real for those of us who have been loyal fans of The Bach/ette and have been "taken" numerous times. It's hard to recover from a situation where you are given information from people you trust, only to find out you were lied to and "played" for a fool by TPTB.
Having said that, I believe Dr. C because of the integrity of his character and the moral compass he exhibits in his posts. I actually feel bad that he has to work this hard to convince us that this reality TV show is actually "real".

I was one of those skeptical viewers while watching Love in The Wild, Season1. Watching the editing like a hawk and waiting to be fooled. It is difficult to put that behind you when you've watched TB franchise and sleuthed for so many years.

It's also refreshing to watch knowing what you're watching may in fact be the real deal and even more enjoyable without RS's input. (As she pulls out the clove of garlic and makes the sign of the cross to avoid being jinxed)  cantstopl 

Hahaha!  I know exactly what you mean!  Although I'll read all that anyone posts about it giggling .  I've been lurking on this board for years and have agreed or disagreed with what people have had to say.  But this is the first time I've felt a need to post.  I've been enjoying this show so much that I just wanted to share with all of you who've provided me with hours of entertainment.

K...going back to lurking handwave

gadgetqwn

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:11 pm

gadgetqwn wrote:Bringing over more of Dr. C's thoughts:

"DrCilona
Posted 6 hrs. ago
Hi everyone!  So, against my better judgment, I'm going to respond one final time on the subject of authenticity of the participants.  Assuming everyone that is commenting and questioning this at this point has read all my previous posts on this topic, my better judgment and analytical mind tells me that if they are still questioning, then they are not likely to be swayed by anything further I could comment.  But, there is another part of me that just gets so frustrated by this, perhaps because I have invested so much in this project, so, my final comments:
I will first say that part of me is really shocked that anyone who is actually watching the show at this point is still questioning whether or not this is real.  It's shocking to me that anyone could think these people are acting. For me, if they are, they should be nominated for (and win) the Oscar. laugh out loud.

Perhaps my perspective is a bit distorted because I witnessed a lot of it first hand, and maybe something is lost when it is viewed on television by someone who didn't witness it first hand. However, I'm aware and observant enough to know that the authenticity of the emotions we are witnessing following the experiences of the participants through this journey through the small screen is clearly (to me) potent and powerful.  I think it would require an exceptional and extraordinary amount of talent for them to pull this off if they were actually acting.
I also feel that the phenomenal success of the show is primarily due to this very fact:  that it is for real and the participants are 100% authentic.  I don't think people would be resonating with this so deeply and intensely if it were at all fake. In fact, I had that strong belief early on in the process, and felt that the only way this would/could work is if we found a way to be absolutely certain that the participants were authentic.  So, this was very prominent in my mind during the assessments, and I paid very careful attention to it throughout the process.
I don't really know how else to explain how powerful the assessment measures I used are.  Not only in determining personality traits, but also in assessing authenticity.  For anyone who is interested, review the link where I list the names of the measures used.  Again, they require extensive (doctoral level) training and professional licensure to administer and interpret, and they not only assess personality traits, but also have what's called "Validity Scales" that tell if a person is lying or attempting to present themselves in an inaccurate manner.  Do some Googling of the names of the measures and the validity scales, particularly of the MMPI-2. There is more that 30 YEARS of clinical research backing the validity and reliability of this measure alone.  There is just no way anyone can fool these tests.  I additionally administered four more similar measures, and Jamie, as well as all the other final participants did not have a single "blip" on any of these scales.  

(Clipped for space) "

Thanks for bringing this, gadgetqwn. I see no reason you couldn't put a link to where you're getting these from. (Oops, just saw what the site was. Perhaps the FB link would be ok). The link in the post didn't work for me.

I'm not going to worry about their reasons for doing the show. I don't get the feeling this is manipulated like the Bachelor shows. Obviously editing does play a part in showing us what they do but if they worked that hard in casting it makes me think they want this to work.

ETA: Please don't go back to lurking. The more the merrier.  :Nod:

Last edited by albean99 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15342

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Fun reading, thanks for bringing over.

The source site is the site formerly known as Television Without Pity, so I think Admin would have a problem linking to that?
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:06 pm

I agree!

Certainly no shocker but TPTB did Jamie no favors in their portrayal of her. Sure she might have given them some ammo (Ben kissing scene and Chris B interactions) but I can clearly recall her being my early favorite during Ben's season after watching her intro reel and being impressed with her background and her beauty/courage. The producers on TPTB really mess with their minds to cause drama whereas on MAFS the experts do just the opposite ... try to help people find love and make it stick through hard work and communications. And, they get to work on a relationship in REAL world with access to phone, friends, tv and lots of other distractions.

I am enjoying getting to know the "real" Jamie who we see on MAFS and agree with Dr. C's assessment of Jamie ... "She is determined, ambitious, intelligent, articulate, kind, generous, and overall a really lovely person."

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:22 pm

albean99 wrote:I agreed with everything she said on that video. I also caught that Jamie said love. I'm skeptical and hopeful about the couples although will be shocked if Monet & Vaughn stay together.

I find the 5 week deadline to be interesting because it's really only if they're not staying married at that time does it matter. Even if they stay married it's not like they have no out.

Yes, I said same thing about 5 week deadline. Jason, Cortney and Jamie seem to be more focused on the deadline and it might be because they both care very much for the other but are afraid of being vulnerable/getting hurt in the end.

It's interesting that only 2 weeks have gone by but I guess in Bachelor terms that is like 2 years! Past leads like to call the Bachelor/Bachelorette a relationship on "steroids" in that a couple can get engaged after 1-2 one on one dates while in the house (with anywhere from 24-6 other cast members competing for the lead's attention) and then 1 HTD, 1 FD and 1 MTP/LCD.

I'd say committing to 1 person a few minutes after meeting them for 5 weeks and then going out into the world to make it work as husband/wife might have Fleiss's franchise beat!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:16 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
albean99 wrote:I agreed with everything she said on that video. I also caught that Jamie said love. I'm skeptical and hopeful about the couples although will be shocked if Monet & Vaughn stay together.

I find the 5 week deadline to be interesting because it's really only if they're not staying married at that time does it matter. Even if they stay married it's not like they have no out.

Yes, I said same thing about 5 week deadline. Jason, Cortney and Jamie seem to be more focused on the deadline and it might be because they both care very much for the other but are afraid of being vulnerable/getting hurt in the end.

It's interesting that only 2 weeks have gone by but I guess in Bachelor terms that is like 2 years! Past leads like to call the Bachelor/Bachelorette a relationship on "steroids" in that a couple can get engaged after 1-2 one on one dates while in the house (with anywhere from 24-6 other cast members competing for the lead's attention) and then 1 HTD, 1 FD and 1 MTP/LCD.

I'd say committing to 1 person a few minutes after meeting them for 5 weeks and then going out into the world to make it work as husband/wife might have Fleiss's franchise beat!

I think the deadline is real in the sense that if they decide on a divorce at the 5 week mark, it is handled by show. Clean, no finances completely mixed up yet, and the possibility for an annulment in Jamie and Doug's case (depending on what happens in the next three weeks). After that, it becomes a "real" divorce; more complicated and messy.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:21 pm

jlccaz wrote:Fun reading, thanks for bringing over.

The source site is the site formerly known as Television Without Pity, so I think Admin would have a problem linking to that?

Thanks for pointing that out, jlccaz. I thought it was his site. I amended my post.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15342

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:21 pm

I loved reading Dr. C's comments. Apparently not a veteran of reality TV or he would know that there will always be overly-strong skeptics and those who spew hate; it's part of the equation; you can't let those people get under your skin.

And I say that as the same person who posted earlier that of course these people want to be on TV, possibly as their primary motive. I feel like I can acknowledge that and still believe in the possibilities of what we see before our own eyes; their evolution into something more.

Having to have a real marriage does change the dynamic a bit, because that is something that will always be on your public record, and you can't hope that time will allow people to forget. So, obviously, they have to have a good amount of desire for a real marriage, too.

Definitely a fascinating show and I am eager to see how it all turns out!!!

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:06 pm

FYI Television Without Pity no longer has forums. Therefore any content posted that came from their site, has to have the link provided as the source, as with any other site from the internet, the source must always be provided.

Posting links to other forums is not allowed which is considered advertising.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71506

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:31 am

From twitter it looks like MAFS is going to have a special of some sort.. answering questions from viewers.
From someone that just saw Jamie at JFK airport

five feet away from @jamienotis at JFK right now, I can't breathe

Tabitha Crow ‏@TabithaCrow0919 4m
@LexiJasmin @jamienotis Was she with Doug????

Lex ‏@LexiJasmin 2m
@TabithaCrow0919 yes!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:20 am

Hello, I am new!  :cutesmile!:  Happy to see the post about Jamie with Doug at JFK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 79 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie