SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 44 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 44 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:52 pm

2observe wrote:
Max64 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I just finished watching the last epi. Watching Jamie brought tears to my eyes listening to her talk about her past. Courtney was so emotional as well speaking about Jason and meeting his mother.

It's incredible to watch these two couples who hardly know each other gain trust in each other and are trying to make it work.

It's a big deal for Jamie, as she mentioned she doesn't talk about her life in a trailer park. Opening up to Doug will be difficult. He is the most patient loving guy, he's so perfect for her and exactly what she needs.

I like Vaughn, I like his quiet laid back demeanour. Monet is too boisterous for me. She looses me when she's ranting. The whole sex before anything else is a turn off for me. They are on the same page, they both enjoy it, but everything else is a mess.

I'm glad they tried cooking. That's another thing that is a turn off for me. No disrespect to anyone, but if you don't cook, why not at least try. A friend of mine's sister, divorced, has two children. She takes out every single day. It's so irresponsible IMO. (That's what drove me nuts about Ali F laugh out loud )

I tweeted Monet and congratulated her on trying, and suggested she start with a crock pot. She favoured my tweet. Smiley

GA, you're not the only one!  I felt so bad for Jamie, but I was so glad that she went back and took Doug with her.  It's important for Doug to understand where Jamie comes from,  the struggles she's had, along with the hurt and pain to fully understand what makes her tick today.  My husband grew up in a similar situation, not that he's mother did drugs but she was always out with every Tom, Dick and Harry, leaving 4 young kids at home in a trailer with no food.  It can leave so many emotional scares and trust issues.  Doug really is the perfect match for Jamie, she's going to be one happy lady.  

I laughed at your cooking comment... I'm the same way, I don't understand not cooking.  My mom would always say, "if you can read, you can cook....open a cookbook!"
I get tired of Monet and Vaughn.  I can't stand listening to the constant combative bickering between them.  I find it exhausting.
Lol, what I don't get is when people say they can cook but can not bake. ???? To me, baking is a part of cooking.  I just don't get it. giggling  

Baking is science (measurements, how ingredients affect each other chemically), cooking is art (taste, experimentation).  Plenty of people are much better at one than the other for that reason.

I wouldn't consider myself very good at either.  It most definitely is NOT as simple as opening a cook book, because TIMING can be so incredibly important.  And it drives me NUTS when a recipe starts with prepared ingredients, because I won't have allowed time for that step, and then I'm all flustered adding the chopping of herbs or roasting of nuts called for.  I don't multi-task well, plan well, or move quickly, so everything takes me longer, and I can get flustered really easily having to pay attention to multiple dishes or steps simultaneously; the best recipes for me don't have that many steps or ingredients, allowing me to really focus on how I am handling the preparation (I LOVE making roast chicken; I've developed my own method, the whole house smells good, and my kids tell me it is hands down the best chicken they ever get anywhere - pretty big compliment from kids who don't consider mom to be a very good cook laugh out loud.  It is just too bad I rarely have two hours available from arrival in the kitchen to meal time!).

I think the people who naturally multi-task or plan well will never be aware of how much multi-tasking is actually involved in bringing a decent meal together because it isn't something they have to think about.  But I DO have to think about it, and plan for it, and making a nice meal can be really draining for me.  It is fun on occasion, but I couldn't possibly do that every day, so thank goodness for short cuts like buying pre-marinated steak, and microwaves to speed up cooking (we usually do our roasted potatoes in the microwave first, and then just brown them in a pan)!

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 44 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by nuts2uiam Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:41 pm

DW-A-Mom,

You made me think of a man I used to work for.  His desk literally had only and swath maybe 18 in. wide and 12 in. high to write.  That is it on an executive size desk, to me he was pig-pen!  That said, if I needed a statement from him or a chart, I kid you not in two seconds he knew exactly which pile to go to.  I used to say to him, thank God you know where this stuff is because it would be weeks before I could come up with it, and that was only if I was having a good day.  We all have a degree of planning and organization that works for us.  I would fall apart if I didn't plan.  As I get older, I am getting better at being more spontaneous but I admit to being more anxious if I don't have the planning lead time. :cutesmile!:
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Relationships involve growth and evolution. Those two sharing cooking duties/fun is the right evolution for Vaughn and Monet. She needs to "grow up" and take the next step toward family life, which she says she ways, and all that "brunching" stuff is actually sort of immature --- eventually, she will have some brunches, but sharing with family duties and husband.

For his part, if it's so important to him, he should meet her half way, and find a few dishes she loves that he can prepare.

"Cooking" as a topic is part entertainment/fun and part simple survival/daily maintenance.

They need to meet in the middle on this one. That's my vote, as the working Mommy who loves to cook but rarely pulls it off on weekdays.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:56 pm

DW-A-Mom I would love to spend time to give you tips. It really isn't difficult at all. I do not use a recipe when I cook. Even if I do look at a recipe, I do it my own way.

Monet favoured a tweet of mine, suggesting she use a crock pot. That is the simplest way to get started. Even though she doesn't cook, at least she is trying. I understand it's nerve racking for some, but it really isn't as difficult as one may think it is. I used to prepare meals on a Saturday after grocery shopping, freeze them, uncooked. In the mornings stick one in the oven, set the timer and meal was done when I got home from work, or used my crock pot a lot. It takes two minutes to put enough Italian sausage in a foil container, topped with sliced assorted peppers onions and mushrooms. Cover tight with foil. Before going to work put that in the oven set the timer on low for a couple of hours. Have sausage on a bun with a salad. There are tons of ideas like that.

If Vaughn like to eat, and would have liked a woman who can cook, that would have been a disappointment to eat take out every night. Working together by making a meal is a great start. I have friends who's hubby's do all the cooking which is great too. Maybe Vaughn will learn to like it as well.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks for offering GuardianAngel.  I do kind of have a system that works for me, given that I've been cooking for a family for almost 18 years now!  But, no, I'll never say it is natural for me or that I love it; I totally get why some people can't do it.  Nor does it help that my kids are kind of food snobs at this point in their lives, but who is going to complain about kids who LOVE spinach, kale and swiss chard (all fresh, of course; my daughter almost freaked out discovering that I actually use frozen in the spinach lasagna)?!

Like a lot of things, practice helps a lot.  My older sister couldn't cook at all, but now that she has to because of health issues, she has discovered she actually really can do it!  My kids adore her veggie soups (in the pot blender magic, of course).  And investing in decent equipment (no one can chop with a crappy knife) helps, of course.

I have a crock pot but other than my sister's soups my kids have always been funny about foods mixed together, and my husband is funny about appliances left on all day, so the crock pot hides in the very back somewhere never used.

ANYWAY, I am glad Monet seems interested in learning, and it truly can be used as a bonding activity for a couple, so who knows where that all will go for them.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Jamie N. Otis ‏@jamienotis  4m
In 2hr Im gonna share w yall somethin no one has ever seen. Its super personal & a lil embarrassing..Sorry @DougHehner #MarriedAtFirstSight
Manhattan, NY

From last week. laugh out loud

Doug Hehner ‏@DougHehner Aug 23
NYC tnght for my brothers bachelor party! Even though its so lame marrying someone you've known for yrs, im pumped! #MarriedAtFirstSight
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:50 pm

Nice to be able to catch up on this with you guys.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Whoa, what did Doug lie about?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:10 pm

That's it? LOL Sorry, I thought that was pretty lame.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Doug lied??

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:12 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Doug lied??

Yup! Even said 'on my mother's life' or something stupid like that.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:16 pm

About what?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie