SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 50 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Hello,
I'm new here. I have been lurking on this site for a few weeks!
I keep reading how everyone feels that Vaughn & Monet possibly were not matched correctly!
Being that I'm obsessed with MAFS and spend way to much free time searching on line for anything regarding this show.
I stumbled across a interview on Monet . She stated something to the fact how you need to be truthful with your self on how one answers the questions regarding your ideal partner. not sure if she was referring to her self or any of the others on the show!

Vaughn and Monet are my least favorite. I wouldn't be surprised that they are the couple that end up staying together. Only for the fact that the producers need to have some sort of drama!
I love this show adore the concept of this process. Just wish the network would play out each couple more straight forward!

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 50 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by 2observe Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Welcome Anne1 Welcomeparty!
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Anne1, I wonder if that interview was done after filming. If so, she could have been referring to fact that she wasn't being truthful to herself.
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:48 pm

I found the interview. I completely miss quoted what she said.
Here is the link.
http://s2smagazine.com/2014/07/21/monet-bell-explains-getting-married-at-first-sight/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:37 pm

I think Monet's application stressed interest in a traditional, head of household sort of male, and that is fundamentally in tension with who she is as a successful woman living on our own to the age of 33, without ever filling a refrigerator/domesticating herself in that way.

They may or may not overcome his expectations for a WIFE, but she ordered that up on the menu, and had to experience what that was like in reality. I sense that she had a romantic, nostaligic attachment to her perception of her parents' marriage before losing her father.

Also, for Vaughn, I think his perception of man/woman roles in a marriage is arrested from the time his father died. As we mature into adulthood, and have our own relationships we come to understand much more about our parents' marriages than was revealed or observable before adulthood. He seems like a kid froze in time -- marriage being about doing "nice things" etc. He is super-immature, arrested in that regard to me. I'm surprised it didn't come out in his pre-casting profiling more.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:59 pm

@DougHehner   #MarriedAtFirstSight pic.twitter.com/1TdrDru8oq

Jamie N. Otis‏@jamienotis·23m

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 50 BwJ_UZDIQAAdn2l
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:10 pm

ironcat wrote:My guess would be that not everyone believes that astrology is a credible science, and professionally trained "experts" may not want to be associated with a venture where it is assumed they are condoning it.

It's sad to admit, but you're probably right. And the other sad thing is that until the 1800's astrology and Astronomy were part of the same science. It was religious control that split the 2 apart. There is an old Bible that exists in my family from an ancestor back in the mid 1700's. Inside it is a star chart for her that was created on the day she was born, by her father. It was believed back then, that where the stars and planets were on the day you were born did have an impact on what direction your path through life might take.

Greg Epstein is a Humanist Chaplain who supposedly has an open mind. So I'd think he'd want to use all possible ways to match couples.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Anne1 wrote:I found the interview. I completely miss quoted what she said.
Here is the link.
http://s2smagazine.com/2014/07/21/monet-bell-explains-getting-married-at-first-sight/
Nice article, thanks for sharing yes
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Anne1 wrote:I found the interview. I completely miss quoted what she said.
Here is the link.

Thanks for joining us :stirthepot :bigsmile:

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:22 pm

jlccaz wrote:I think Monet's application stressed interest in a traditional, head of household sort of male, and that is fundamentally in tension with who she is as a successful woman living on our own to the age of 33, without ever filling a refrigerator/domesticating herself in that way.

They may or may not overcome his expectations for a WIFE, but she ordered that up on the menu, and had to experience what that was like in  reality.   I sense that she had a romantic, nostaligic attachment to her perception of her parents' marriage before losing her father.

Also, for Vaughn, I think his perception of man/woman roles in a marriage is arrested from the time his father died.  As we mature into adulthood, and have our own relationships we come to understand much more about our parents' marriages than was revealed or observable before adulthood.  He seems like a kid froze in time -- marriage being about doing "nice things" etc.  He is super-immature, arrested in that regard to me.  I'm surprised it didn't come out in his pre-casting profiling more.
You nailed it. clapping!
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:25 pm

theKeptGrits wrote:
ironcat wrote:My guess would be that not everyone believes that astrology is a credible science, and professionally trained "experts" may not want to be associated with a venture where it is assumed they are condoning it.

It's sad to admit, but you're probably right. And the other sad thing is that until the 1800's astrology and Astronomy were part of the same science. It was religious control that split the 2 apart.  There is an old Bible that exists in my family from an ancestor back in the mid 1700's. Inside it is a star chart for her that was created on the day she was born, by her father. It was believed back then, that where the stars and planets were on the day you were born did have an impact on what direction your path through life might take.

Greg Epstein is a Humanist Chaplain who supposedly has an open mind. So I'd think he'd want to use all possible ways to match couples.
Exactly! :Nod: yes
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:27 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

Jamie N. Otis‏@jamienotis·23m

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 50 BwJ_UZDIQAAdn2l
Thanks for posting GA.
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie