SELECT CONTENT

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Okay, I have to point this out because it is hilarious and so pathetic to me.  I grew up in South Florida.  Lots of my HS friends went to University of Florida.  They hate FSU and FSU hates them.  They insult each other all the time.  But this season one guy has been making fun of FSU for their criminal behavior.  I wouldn't mind this except Aaron Hernandez, the UF guy who played for the New England Patriots, is in jail for awaiting trail for murdering at least one person and is suspected of murdering others.  When you have a famous player, he was a huge star on the last UF national championship team, accused of murder is it really appropriate to call your rival criminals?  Am I being mean here?

Last edited by stuckinsc on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Irony at it's finest. Don't worry about being mean...this guy has worse issues to deal with!  :shocked!:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:35 pm

^I think the difference is that Aaron did that stuff when he was a pro it seems and not at UF. FSU had multiple opportunities to make a point about how they deal with criminal behavior but didn't really exert their power to discipline them.

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 18 87b72b10 College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 18 86669110 College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 18 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:51 pm

umngirl wrote:^I think the difference is that Aaron did that stuff when he was a pro it seems and not at UF. FSU had multiple opportunities to make a point about how they deal with criminal behavior but didn't really exert their power to discipline them.

Actually it has come out that Aaron was using drugs and started his criminal behavior at UF as well and Urban Meyer had him room with Tim Tebow, but other than that no discipline. So yup, not that different. UF has many players who are involved in criminal behavior as well and have sat out one game, just like Jameis Winston, so really pot and kettle with this situation.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:00 pm

If you want to bring up the stuff Aaron did at UF and any disciplinary action taken, that's perfectly fine. But I think trying to compare Aaron's current legal troubles now is taking it beyond that and not really a fair comparison. I think you could probably find former FSU player(s) who have also committed the crimes Aaron has. And Urban Meyer is notorious for not really punishing players. It seems Jimbo is the same way.

Jameis should have gotten a lot more than one game for all the crap he's pulled. The only reason he got any punishment is because the media was calling for it and the coach/school finally caved.

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 18 87b72b10 College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 18 86669110 College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 18 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:08 pm

umngirl wrote:If you want to bring up the stuff Aaron did at UF and any disciplinary action taken, that's perfectly fine. But I think trying to compare Aaron's current legal troubles now is taking it beyond that and not really a fair comparison. I think you could probably find former FSU player(s) who have also committed the crimes Aaron has. And Urban Meyer is notorious for not really punishing players. It seems Jimbo is the same way.

Jameis should have gotten a lot more than one game for all the crap he's pulled. The only reason he got any punishment is because the media was calling for it and the coach/school finally caved.

I don't think we have heard stories of FSU alumni involved in murder, those things tend to come out back home.  FSU has always been loose on what they consider petty crime.  And the crab legs were petty to them.  At least when I was at Texas there were active players accused of r*pe too.  Unless proven, it is difficult to prove, especially when a woman willingly lets herself get so drunk that she is not able to be her own witness and no one else has visual proof.  I know that UF players, who are active on the roster have also been accused of r*pe.  I hate that it happens, but it happens everywhere.

Also this same UF fan was all about Hernandez when they were the Patriots were playing for the super bowl. So yup, I do consider him a hypocrite.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:15 pm

^A quick google search reveals an FSU player was dismissed for the team in Spring 2014 after being charged with 3 felonies including accessory to murder. I'm sure there are more. I could probably find some for every major university unfortunately.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:20 pm

umngirl wrote:^A quick google search reveals an FSU player was dismissed for the team in Spring 2014 after being charged with 3 felonies including accessory to murder. I'm sure there are more. I could probably find some for every major university unfortunately.

So basically, my point was that he is a hypocrite. I am the first to make fun of FSU, but not for something that my team does the same thing. Personally, any UF fan calling FSU criminals is a hypocrite.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:28 pm

Well when you're Heisman winning QB has several run-ins with the law in the very recent past, it tends to stick more than most other crimes by other players that aren't as recent.

But this is fandom at it's finest and most common. Picking on your rivals for what you are also guilty of. That's not changing any time soon.

I still stand by my original point that bringing up Aaron Hernandez's current problems isn't fair or necessary for the argument.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by markat53 Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:38 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Okay, I have to point this out because it is hilarious and so pathetic to me.  I grew up in South Florida.  Lots of my HS friends went to University of Florida.  They hate FSU and FSU hates them.  They insult each other all the time.  But this season one guy has been making fun of FSU for their criminal behavior.  I wouldn't mind this except Aaron Hernandez, the UF guy who played for the New England Patriots, is in jail for awaiting trail for murdering at least one person and is suspected of murdering others.  When you have a famous player, he was a huge star on the last UF national championship team, accused of murder is it really appropriate to call your rival criminals?  Am I being mean here?
\

No, I don't think you are being mean, Stucki. My issue is Hernandez had issues while at UF and it was "overlooked". Look where he is right now. Winston is a small time hoodlum now and is still being "overlooked" for his crimes. He will end up in the same boat as Hernandez. This is absolutely no way to set standards and mold these athletes into productive men. The NCAA needs to take a much closer look at these issues instead of worrying about players getting paid for their "name". JMHO.

markat53

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:26 am

Can't believe what some of those Oregon players did at the end of the game. Classless. Making light of r*pe is never funny

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:28 am

bowdown smileyyay and Hoorray To the Oregon Ducks for putting on a spectacular 2nd half in their Rose Bowl Trounce of FSU Seminoles this afternoon and early evening!!! goteam

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

+10
markat53
whit90
albean99
SLA44
FLChica