SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Page 47 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 -  Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 47 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by sdmom Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:31 am

I know this is discussion thread, because there are many posts that are NOT positive about Nick. Just like Jodi fans will come here to defend them, I don't understand why Nick fans can't come here to defend him, as long as we all are courteous to each other? 
Mods, please let me know if I violate any forum rules. Thanks!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 -  Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 47 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:31 am

ironcat ... you're right ... this is a thread where people can openly express their frustration over Nick, their dislike of his behavior, the disagreement with his statements and just general antipathy for Nick's antics.

So please, keep it coming... it would be boring if this thread stops ...
then what would I have to complain about?
I can't write every day how great Nick is ... it gets annoying.
I don't go into Josh&Andi's thread, I don't write on other forums, of all the other contestants I have only love to share for Marquel (even tho' I'll never try any of his cookies ... and why does this sound "dirty"?) ... so this is the only thread that keeps me fired-up.
Thank you.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by b Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:32 am

ironcat wrote:Can I just clarify that this isn't a fan thread and that Nick does have his own fan thread where only positive opinions should be posted?  I would infer from that distinction that THIS thread is for the not so positive opinions, no?  Don't quite understand the purpose of two threads about Nick otherwise.

It's pretty clear to me now that Nick made friends with certain guys from the show and alienated others.  During the airing, many of the guys rallied around him, and very few, even the ones who probably didn't care for him, felt comfortable "piling on", considering the beating he was already taking on SM from some viewers.  Now that the dust has settled a bit, it will probably be more apparent which guys he REALLY became friends with, ie, who continues to support and socialize with him.  Josh said nobody liked him, which was obviously an exaggeration, but how much of one remains to be seen.   I'm particularly curious about guys like Chris and Brian, who seemed to fall on both sides of the fence at various points during the season.  Have they continued showing support for him post finale?

Brian and Chris have. I know Chris spent a weekend in Chicago w Nick during the airing of the ette. I didn't take Nicks tweet to be an attack against Marcus..just more snark that SM seems to be so full of  scratch .but I can understand Marcus not liking Nick.

b

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:35 am

There is a tendency to defend who ever your favourite is in the General Discussion threads.

What is deemed as defending or just general opinions? As long as there is a good conversation going on, pro or against, no direct insults to posters, and no comments as to what's going on in other threads, eg "I had to get out of that thread etc"

General Discussion threads aren't solely for negative posts, but to interact with views of different opinions.

yes
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71478

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:39 am

isittrue wrote:
sdmom wrote:Bashing or snarking? He is a viewer, just like all of us who watch BIP here and has every right to make fun of contestants.

Exactly, what Nick was doing was no different than what everyone else (including present and past contestants)  does when watching these shows - even during the Bachelor, there was plenty of snarking by fans and contestants alike.  What Marcus tweeted was more of a bash of Nick IMO and I read that Andi favored it so... what does that say about her and Marcus.
Nick tagged everyone else he knew from TB, e.g. Elan, Marquel, Dylan, that he was tweeting about, and even some contestants he might not know well, e.g. Claire.  But he made three comments about Marcus and one about Lacey, who Marcus is supposedly dating, without tagging him or her. That, to me, was Marcus's point.  Marcus was direct by tagging and calling him on it.  

I think there's a difference for contestants to snark on each other, as opposed to us snarking on them.  They know each other, so to snark on some you were on the show with and tag them, but not others seems strange and underhanded.  
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:44 am

soccermom333 wrote:Funny how Nick is showing parts of his personality now that Andi is seeing as "polarizing" and she now knows there is no way they ever would have worked out as a couple.  He made it easy for her to "sail that ship" and close the lid throw away the key on any regrets what so ever.  Smiley IMO  as always.   Hugesmile 
Yeap, so true, I actually completely agree. That ship has sailed... and for the best of everyone involved.
I don't believe there is actually a bad blood between anyone from TBette, just some unresolved issues maybe and some personal sympathy or antipathy (in their own right) - so, just like in real life, we can't be friends with everyone even if we would like to.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:47 am

alwaystulips wrote:
isittrue wrote:
sdmom wrote:Bashing or snarking? He is a viewer, just like all of us who watch BIP here and has every right to make fun of contestants.

Exactly, what Nick was doing was no different than what everyone else (including present and past contestants)  does when watching these shows - even during the Bachelor, there was plenty of snarking by fans and contestants alike.  What Marcus tweeted was more of a bash of Nick IMO and I read that Andi favored it so... what does that say about her and Marcus.
Nick tagged everyone else he knew from TB, e.g. Elan, Marquel, Dylan, that he was tweeting about, and even some contestants he might not know well, e.g. Claire.  But he made three comments about Marcus and one about Lacey, who Marcus is supposedly dating, without tagging him or her. That, to me, was Marcus's point.  Marcus was direct by tagging and calling him on it.  

I think there's a difference for contestants to snark on each other, as opposed to us snarking on them.  They know each other, so to snark on some you were on the show with and tag them, but not others seems strange and underhanded.  

Exactly. If Nick had tagged Marcus and basically said it to his face, as much as one can on twitter, then I don't think Marcus would have had a problem with it. These two know each other so it's a bit different from another previous contestant snarking on Marcus because they don't know him personally. Marcus didn't seem to mind others who said similar things.

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 -  Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 47 87b72b10 Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 -  Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 47 86669110 Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 -  Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 47 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:53 am

bleuberry wrote:I suppose Nick fans want to defend him anyway even though it's not his fan thread. Happens in most of the discussion threads I think.

I have absolutely no problem with Nick's fans defending him in this thread and wasn't implying that they shouldn't.  I do have a problem with anyone being told to "let it go" for continuing to criticize him in this thread though. My understanding is that this thread is for BOTH positive and negative comments about Nick, and for a civil debate/discussion regarding them, not just one or the other.

I know that Chris and others were very supportive of Nick while the show was airing, and Chris visited him in Chicago. What I'm curious about is whether any further gestures of friendship have continued from those guys since the ATFR aired.  Anybody know?

Last edited by ironcat on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 am

docnash14 wrote:

In my opinion, therein lies the rub as I see a very fine line between the two and one that is often blurred.  

So true.
I know from personal experience!
There has been many times in the past I have been reamed over hot coals for posting snark. Has it been in poor taste at times--probably more often than not. Do I care? Nope. Have I ever regretted something I've posted? Yes. Do I carry that to the grave with me? Nope.
I do have to admit some of my funniest BS has been deleted at times, either by myself or a mod.
I have a huge pause/hazard button that I generally hit before I hit the send.
Life is too short to take things like this seriously, IMOAA.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 am

Marcus and Nick don't like each other. Enough said.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:56 am

bleuberry wrote:I suppose Nick fans want to defend him anyway even though it's not his fan thread. Happens in most of the discussion threads I think.

Yes, it does.  :yes: 

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:00 pm

umngirl wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:
isittrue wrote:

Exactly. If Nick had tagged Marcus and basically said it to his face, as much as one can on twitter, then I don't think Marcus would have had a problem with it. These two know each other so it's a bit different from another previous contestant snarking on Marcus because they don't know him personally. Marcus didn't seem to mind others who said similar things.

Absolutely agree with with. Also, there was one that was essentially referencing Marcus and something along the lines of his stripping skills, which Nick eventually deleted. Not sure if it's because Nick knew he took it a bit far or he was embarrassed by his bad spelling/grammar in his tweet.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

+99
vivi2
StacyNor
Bet2Win
eliza3
philphan