SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Page 54 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 67 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 -  Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 54 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by albean99 Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:42 am

This thread is for everyone and for conversations that aren't appropriate in the fan thread so is hard for fans to avoid this thread altogether. That doesn't mean everyone has to be positive about Nick of course (nor does it have to be negative). I believe by now most people have weighed in on the guy Nick's following so perhaps we could move on from that at least.  

I think it's looking like Nick's moving on from the show and back to his normal life. Whatever one thinks about him on the show, he has a wonderful family and plenty of good friends so has a really good support system. I'm hoping he meets someone when he's ready. Most of my previous favorites are married or engaged so it should help his odds.  Hugesmile

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15310

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 -  Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 54 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by luvlady345 Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

peggy0221 wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:I dunno why ppl put so much energy bashing Nick, I really dun understand. Haha, kinda interesting to see.

I dunno why people just can't discuss a person, place or thing an not agree w/o being labeled a basher or a hater.

Hahaha!!!!!!
U know perfectly why, no doubt.

And be chilled, lady. Smiley

I am always chilled... Was just wondering about the labeling  no idea 

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Marybods Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:34 am

I'm a little late to the party here, was on vacation and just watched the final episode of Andis season.  I have been reading this board and just really want to weigh in on what I thought took place.
When i first saw Andi step out of the limo on Juan Ps season I thought she was beautiful.  She certainly wasn't my favorite on the season because I never really thought she was into JP all that much.  But she continued on and spent the night in the FS with him.  She said when she woke up the next morning she couldn't wait to get away from him.  Then she went on to rip him to shreds...if she was so Apauled by him why the heck didn't she just leave before spending the night with him?  It was like she set that whole thing up so she could be considered to be the next 'ette.  That to me is very telling about what lengths she is willing to go through to make her mark on TV.  THen she went on to be the 'ette.  She knew darn well Josh was gonna be on the show.  She even told her father at the meet and greet, " hey, that's Josh Murry".  At her proposal she told him she loved him the first time she saw him...."my type, the pegged it, damn!"   She was picking Josh from that point, ( he sure is one good looking guy) but she had to be a good actress, and create a show.  
     She played Nick like a fiddle.  She knew she was picking Josh when she slept with Nick.  That is what lead Nick to his confusion.  It seems like Nick took it as more than just sex.  He really thought he was gonna marry this girl.  He didn't understand how she could look at him the way she did, and it was the intamancy that took his breath away, not necessarily the sex.  At the ATFR he was having trouble expressing himself and understanding the way he was treated by her.  I believe that is why he blurted out that question to her.  I don't blame him him at all.  Heck, they were asking Marcus and some others about their sexual relationships...via the lie detector tests. If I was Nick, I would want that question answered to.

I know this is just a show, but there are real feelings involved here, in some cases, anyway.  This is why I don't care for Andi.  I like Josh and his family.  They are very into religion.  Andi suppossily talks like a truck driver, and sure likes to drink.   I wonder when all this publicity passes and they r out of the bubble, if Josh will see her in a different light.  She def wanted the fame and was willing to do what ever it took to obtain it, including quitting her job. And as much as I am not into slut shamming, she did sleep with three men on national tv. She may have a hard time being taken seriously in her profession after this.
    Nick may be a little salty, but I always a big salt fan. :soapbox 
Marybods
Marybods

Female Posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:08 am

Marybods wrote:I'm a little late to the party here, was on vacation and just watched the final episode of Andis season.  I have been reading this board and just really want to weigh in on what I thought took place.
When i first saw Andi step out of the limo on Juan Ps season I thought she was beautiful.  She certainly wasn't my favorite on the season because I never really thought she was into JP all that much.  But she continued on and spent the night in the FS with him.  She said when she woke up the next morning she couldn't wait to get away from him.  Then she went on to rip him to shreds...if she was so Apauled by him why the heck didn't she just leave before spending the night with him?  It was like she set that whole thing up so she could be considered to be the next 'ette.  That to me is very telling about what lengths she is willing to go through to make her mark on TV.  THen she went on to be the 'ette.  She knew darn well Josh was gonna be on the show.  She even told her father at the meet and greet, " hey, that's Josh Murry".  At her proposal she told him she loved him the first time she saw him...."my type, the pegged it, damn!"   She was picking Josh from that point, ( he sure is one good looking guy) but she had to be a good actress, and create a show.  
     She played Nick like a fiddle.  She knew she was picking Josh when she slept with Nick.  That is what lead Nick to his confusion.  It seems like Nick took it as more than just sex.  He really thought he was gonna marry this girl.  He didn't understand how she could look at him the way she did, and it was the intamancy that took his breath away, not necessarily the sex.  At the ATFR he was having trouble expressing himself and understanding the way he was treated by her.  I believe that is why he blurted out that question to her.  I don't blame him him at all.  Heck, they were asking Marcus and some others about their sexual relationships...via the lie detector tests.  If I was Nick, I would want that question answered to.  

I know this is just a show, but there are real feelings involved here, in some cases, anyway.  This is why I don't care for Andi.  I like Josh and his family.  They are very into religion.  Andi suppossily talks like a truck driver, and sure likes to drink.   I wonder when all this publicity passes and they r out of the bubble, if Josh will see her in a different light.  She def wanted the fame and was willing to do what ever it took to obtain it, including quitting her job.  And as much as I am not into slut shamming, she did sleep with three men on national tv.  She may have a hard time being taken seriously in her profession after this.  
    Nick may be a little salty, but I always a big salt fan. :soapbox 

Different folks different strokes. I read Nick's behavior on the ATFR (2 months after being dumped) as quietly calculated, playing a part and determined to get his own back on Andi for hurting him. I think he had already told TPTB that he wanted to call her out on TV for the intimacy thing. He seemed to be working himself up to say it (and only did so once she said cared for Josh more) and was asked repeatedly by Chris is he had something he wanted to say. No respect coming his way from me. I think that guys' impressions of him during the show were spot on: Calculating and game playing. JMO.

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:14 am

Ash2214 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:I haven't seen one post here that has stated Nick is a horrible, awful guy. People are just posting their opinions (including Nick fans) that it's weird he follows this person on Twitter, because it most certainly is.

People sure do have the right to post whatever they want.  Just pointing out that I never would have seen this hateful mans twitter and anything negative about Josh and Andi if it hadn't been pointed out here and the man's twitter account posted for us to go look.

I guess for me if you don't like someone I do find it odd that people are so interested in what those people do. But that is each person's individual right.  I chose to ignore the people I don't like, if others want to give their time and attention to people they don't like that is okay for them.

While individual thoughts or posts may not be bashing or hating, when all someone ever has to post on someone is negative after a while the multitude of posts can seem like bashing.

If you think that people shouldn't follow others on social media if they don't like them, I guess the same can be said for this thread. If someone doesn't like some negative talk about someone they do like, maybe they shouldn't follow this thread. That's what the awesome fan threads are for.  :yes: 
I don't agree on the last part ... the fan thread is purely for all positive, no "controversial" talk, as I have been reminded.
So, me as a fan, I can't talk in the fan thread about Nick's "mistakes" ... even if I don't think they are actually mistakes, because they are just "a momentary problem" from which someone learns and grows (we were talking about the cracks) ...
and I find that a positive thing, but not a "Fan-Thread appropriate".  
So if I come here, in the discussion thread, I would love to be able to discuss those traits/actions in the positive light ...
but of course I understand that "not-Nick's fans" will contribute to the discussion and
it won't be all positive for Nick, because someone would be criticizing him for that,
while all I would want is to debate how one can turn the flaw into his advantage.

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."
~ Leonard Cohen

And I have read some "name-calling" directed at Nick even on this thread ... which is just the same as saying he is an awful guy. Since it is not against the rules, because it is not said anything against the member of this board, I prefer to just skip those kind of posts and I don't mind coming here and discuss with all of you, who might not see Nick in the same light as me, but being confined only to the Fan thread would be too restraining for me, because I like to debate (weighting pros and cons, exchanging POV) and not just praise and applaud the guy [no matter how much I like him].

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:59 am

happygolucky wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

People sure do have the right to post whatever they want.  Just pointing out that I never would have seen this hateful mans twitter and anything negative about Josh and Andi if it hadn't been pointed out here and the man's twitter account posted for us to go look.

I guess for me if you don't like someone I do find it odd that people are so interested in what those people do. But that is each person's individual right.  I chose to ignore the people I don't like, if others want to give their time and attention to people they don't like that is okay for them.

While individual thoughts or posts may not be bashing or hating, when all someone ever has to post on someone is negative after a while the multitude of posts can seem like bashing.

If you think that people shouldn't follow others on social media if they don't like them, I guess the same can be said for this thread. If someone doesn't like some negative talk about someone they do like, maybe they shouldn't follow this thread. That's what the awesome fan threads are for.  :yes: 
I don't agree on the last part ... the fan thread is purely for all positive, no "controversial" talk, as I have been reminded.
So, me as a fan, I can't talk in the fan thread about Nick's "mistakes" ... even if I don't think they are actually mistakes, because they are just "a momentary problem" from which someone learns and grows (we were talking about the cracks) ...
and I find that a positive thing, but not a "Fan-Thread appropriate".  
So if I come here, in the discussion thread, I would love to be able to discuss those traits/actions in the positive light ...
but of course I understand that "not-Nick's fans" will contribute to the discussion and
it won't be all positive for Nick, because someone would be criticizing him for that,
while all I would want is to debate how one can turn the flaw into his advantage.

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."
~ Leonard Cohen

And I have read some "name-calling" directed at Nick even on this thread ... which is just the same as saying he is an awful guy. Since it is not against the rules, because it is not said anything against the member of this board, I prefer to just skip those kind of posts and I don't mind coming here and discuss with all of you, who might not see Nick in the same light as me, but being confined only to the Fan thread would be too restraining for me, because I like to debate (weighting pros and cons, exchanging POV) and not just praise and applaud the guy [no matter how much I like him].

I'm sorry happy. I can tell you've been bummed about this today and I do agree with your POV. Maybe do some group PMs until things calm down in the discussion thread. console

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:17 am

Hugesmile Grace, thank you, I'm fine ... it does seem tho' that no news and no new discoveries, no new episodes with Nick is making his threads (this one and the Fan's one) slow ... I would love to "spice it up"  giggling 

We need to keep moving ...

So if there is nothing new, let's talk about the old, but let's see something positive in it, let's find some "hidden" message, some lesson to learn ... for the better life of all of us.

It's like what cancer patients say (hope I don't open someone's painful spot)... after the diagnose and all the bumpy ride they have to endure to fight the disease ... they accept it as a gift, because it makes them reevaluate their life and see the beauty around them, that in our hectic every-day-life we often take for granted and don't take time to appreciate.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:24 am

^^The only positive thing I can see is he made a few new friends and traveled a bit. Best case scenario, he'll avoid all "MeandI" types in the future. Having ABC repeat his "I'm going to marry you" in previews and at MTA was probably a crushing blow to his ego. I hope he doesn't have PTSD from what Andi and TPTB put him through. I don't believe that old saying, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." It chips away at you. I bet he will be pretty guarded and have some trust issues for quite awhile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:13 am

Relalou wrote:I read Nick's behavior on the ATFR (2 months after being dumped) as quietly calculated, playing a part and determined to get his own back on Andi for hurting him.  I think he had already told TPTB that he wanted to call her out on TV for the intimacy thing.  He seemed to be working himself up to say it (and only did so once she said cared for Josh more) and was asked repeatedly by Chris [if] he had something he wanted to say.  No respect coming his way from me.  I think that guys' impressions of him during the show were spot on:  Calculating and game playing.  JMO.

I read Nick the same way. He hesitated too long to get out the words he said for me to really buy into the explanation that he just blurted it out. I believe he thought about it ahead of time and took enough time to have thought about it at the moment.

I also believe that the producers deserve the lion's share of the blame here; they will stop at nothing to get dramatic endings and if Nick had ever indicated to them that he might ask that question of Andi he got nothing but encouragement from the producers to actually do so and CH looks suspiciously like an instigator here.

None of which excuses nor is justification for ungentlemanly behavior, IMHO.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:28 am

IMO, if Nick is still so torn up over a girl he spent less than 48 hours with and wasn't exclusive with, I can't imagine how he reacts to RL relationship where he actually spends quality time with that person... I am of the opinion that it was more of an act than anything on ATFR, at least I hope it was, because frankly if it wasn't I would be worried about Nick....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:27 pm

luvlady345 wrote:IMO, if Nick is still so torn up over a girl he spent less than 48 hours with and wasn't exclusive with, I can't imagine how he reacts to RL relationship where he actually spends quality time with that person...  I am of the opinion that it was more of an act than anything on ATFR, at least I hope it was, because frankly if it wasn't I would be worried about Nick....

The show has stated that they have a psychologist "on staff" and makes it sound like this is to help the contestants deal with stressful situations, but I don't buy that. They have one so they can study the cast and find the strengths and weaknesses (which we ALL have) in their character so they can target each person with manipulative suggestions that play to those strengths and play on those weaknesses.

In Nick's case they most likely saw that Nick has trouble "letting go" (eg 6 months to get over a past heartbreak) so they targeted that weakness. So maybe an act, or maybe the results of manipulation (by the producers) of a weakness. One might wonder a bit here - how much might they have known that Nick sees the act of sexual intercourse as "making love" and played into that with Andi who may not see it quite the same way?

Lots of people hold Andi to task for what she did or didn't do this season but fail to hold the show and its manipulative ways accountable also. That's understandable because many people don't "see" what the show does behind the scenes, but I think a lot of blame is misplaced (I thought the same thing on Ashley's season where I did "know" some of the things that went on behind the scenes). An example:

I used to think that Nick watched all the past seasons of the show before he went on Andi's season, but some others have corrected me that he only watched the last couple of seasons which means he didn't see Jason's season. So, where did Nick learn that there was a past season where the lead changed their mind as the show was being aired and made a different choice? The most likely answer to that, IMHO, was that the producers told him about that so they could convince him that a change was possible this season.

I used to wonder why more cast members weren't angry with the producers for lying to them until I realized how easy it would be for the producers to deflect that. They might lie and say "She told us she plans to pick you" and when she doesn't and says she never planned to they deflect their first lie by telling another "Well that's what she told us. She must have lied to us". Over the years a few have gotten wise to this; as Jason has said "They [the producers] are not your friends. They will pretend to be your friends."

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm

There is no point in having two threads for a contestant if criticism of said contestant is discouraged in both. Someone mentioned that this thread is for discussing more controversial" topics about Nick; I agree, and that would naturally include criticism of him and his actions.  I also see plenty of criticism of Andi in this thread (or is it bashing? Hugesmile ).

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 67 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

+99
vivi2
StacyNor
Bet2Win
eliza3
philphan