SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray  Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread  - Page 11 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread

Post by stuckinsc August 20th 2014, 11:28 pm

mindless wrote:
ironcat wrote:I'm sure that Andi would have liked nothing better than to let Nick go the morning after her FD with Josh, but there was no way the producers were going to allow that, which would have resulted in having the show's outcome revealed in the penultimate episode, thus removing all suspense for a 2 hour finale.  Some of these critiques and comments, which would be very valid if this relationship were being conducted in the real world, are just assuming/expecting things that simply weren't possible/viable within the confines of a TV show produced for entertainment purposes, first and foremost.

No, she didn't have to let him go in the penultimate episode. There was plenty of time during the finale as well. Many leads have let the F2 go right at the start of their last date and even before meeting the parents. I don't know how the producers could stop Andi from doing it, since they've allowed it before. I'm sure they strongy adviced her to keep him around as long as possible, but my point was that I'm not gonna give her any credit for dumping him a few hours before the FRC, because it was just as beneficial to her as it was to him. If that's her evidence that she cared for him and respected their relationship, then it doesn't hold up in my court. She still used him. And it's not like the producers seemed all that worried about suspense, since they published Nick's letter the day before the finale. Anyone could tell who it was from.

Plenty of leads have had to break up with their F2 on the day of their proposal/engagment.  First we had, Aaron, followed by Andrew, Trista, Meredith, Bryon, Andy, DeAnna, Jason, Jillian, Jake, Brad 2.0, Ashley, Ben, and Sean.  I have never heard of their having to ruin their engagement day as an excuse for being cold or not helping their F2 have closure.

As Ali, Emily and Des all showed, you can actually dump the F2 before the day of FRC.  I don't think that TPTB would have fired Andi for telling Nick the night of their LCD that she just couldn't see them spending their life together.  Instead she talked about how they would spent their times together in Chicago.

So no, sorry, I don't buy the excuse of Andi having to breakup with someone on her engagement day as an excuse. 

As for her test run in the FS.  Good for her, but when you have sex with someone who loves you and you don't, then it isn't unreasonable to show some compassion when you dump that person.  Also, she could have made it through the night with Chris and waited until after Josh's FD.  Then she may have had the luxury of leading on someone who she continually asked to be open to the process.  But, it was too hard for her to have to spend that evening with Chris.  As my grandmother told my mom when she had sex and got pregnant off that one time, Andi made her bed, and too bad she had to sleep in it.  Or in Andi's case keep the man who loved her and she had sex with, even though she already knew she wanted the other guy.

Since FSs were so important to Andi, why couldn't she give Chris the chance to show her that they could be great?  I don't understand.  If they are the penultimate to Andi, didn't she cheat Chris out of that great chance.  Which is it?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray  Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread  - Page 11 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread

Post by luvlady345 August 20th 2014, 11:29 pm

What F2 was let go before meeting the family?  The LEAD has no control over what happens on this show, **edited**, but it aint happening unless TPTB allows it to happen...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc August 20th 2014, 11:37 pm

luvlady345 wrote:What F2 was let go before meeting the family?  The LEAD has no control over what happens on this show, **edited** but it aint happening unless TPTB allows it to happen...

That would be Drew.  Now, Chris L and Arie were both let go on the LCD.  As was Drew, they just reversed the order for Des.  Truthfully, I thought they were just happy for Des to make it through, so I don't use that as an example what anyone else could do.

But, if Andi was allowed to not have two proposals, then was there any difference between dumping Nick the night of LCD or the next day of FRC, nope?  So the choice to have to do it on her engagement day.  That was Andi.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 August 20th 2014, 11:41 pm

I don't think Andi was allowed to let Nick go right after the FS, because she already did it with Chris.

I know for some people, dating always includes sex.  TB is a dating show, but with multiple people hence having sex with more than one person is quite normal, for this show.

Last edited by vivi2 on August 20th 2014, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 August 20th 2014, 11:42 pm

mindless wrote:I don't know how the producers could stop Andi from doing it, since they've allowed it before.

To start with, and for that matter to end with as well, the cast contract is quite specific; if the producers say "do it this way" then the lead is contractually obligated to do it their way. The lead can ask for changes but they can't make a decision on their own. The leverage the contract gives the producers makes it very difficult and very expensive to simply refuse to do something.

The fact that they have allowed it in the past makes no difference at all and doesn't mean then will allow it again - Ashley wanted to let Ben go before the FRC and they wouldn't let her and things got quite ugly over that discussion but the reason they gave Ashley was that they had let Ali do that and they didn't want to have the same thing happen two shows in a row. The real reason may have been different than the one they gave her though.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 August 20th 2014, 11:44 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:What F2 was let go before meeting the family?  The LEAD has no control over what happens on this show, **edited** but it aint happening unless TPTB allows it to happen...

That would be Drew.  Now, Chris L and Arie were both let go on the LCD.  As was Drew, they just reversed the order for Des.  Truthfully, I thought they were just happy for Des to make it through, so I don't use that as an example what anyone else could do.

But, if Andi was allowed to not have two proposals, then was there any difference between dumping Nick the night of LCD or the next day of FRC, nope?  So the choice to have to do it on her engagement day.  That was Andi.

Seriously, I know most people on this site have watched every season of this show an they all know an it has been  deadhorse about anything and everything on this show is driven by TPTB so NOW Andi could have made her own rules?  **edited** I must have fallen asleep on Des serious because I totally didn't remember..

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl August 20th 2014, 11:46 pm

I don't think Andi had any control over when she was ALLOWED to let Nick go. She could have told producers she wanted to after the FD, but they couldn't just have a finale with only Andi and Josh, although they both probably would have preferred that. The best TPTB would allow was Andi letting him go before the FRC. It wasn't Andi's choice, it was determined by TPTB and Andi went with that plan instead of having him go to the FRC.

Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray  Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread  - Page 11 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray  Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread  - Page 11 86669110 Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray  Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread  - Page 11 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 August 20th 2014, 11:47 pm

stuckinsc wrote:So the choice to have to do it on her engagement day.  That was Andi.

I thought some of the sleuthers here had determined that Andi let Nick go the day before the FRC. As I recall the discussion it rained the day before and it was raining the day Andi met with Nick. The next day was the FRC.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc August 20th 2014, 11:48 pm

luvlady345 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

Seriously, I know most people on this site have watched every season of this show an they all know an it has been  deadhorse about anything and everything on this show is driven by TPTB so NOW Andi could have made her own rules?  **edited** I must have fallen asleep on Des serious because I totally didn't remember..

My point was that there is no difference between letting go of Nick the night of the LCD long after the MTP and the next morning.  So if she was allowed to do one the other wouldn't have been a problem.  I do agree, she had to go through the MTP and probably even most of the LCD.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 August 20th 2014, 11:49 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:So the choice to have to do it on her engagement day.  That was Andi.

I thought some of the sleuthers here had determined that Andi let Nick go the day before the FRC. As I recall the discussion it rained the day before and it was raining the day Andi met with Nick. The next day was the FRC.

Yes, the sleuthers here said that...

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc August 20th 2014, 11:50 pm

Lucas15 wrote:

I don't know, I was responding to IC saying that she had to let Nick go on her engagement day, so that might have accounted for her demeanor in dumping Nick.  I really don't know if it was the same day or the day before.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 August 20th 2014, 11:54 pm

Stuck, I'm sorry..... You an I both know that Andi couldn't just let Nick go when she wanted to so I am not going to engage in this subject anymore because everyone who has been on a spoiler site knows that the lead doesn't even have control of anything even the order in which the roses are given out are producer driven...

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - Media - Twitter - General Discussion Thread

+40
Ash2214
timfan
mindless
Sable
dw_a_mom
BohemianNika
Alanna
ironcat
Sprite
sdmom
jlccaz