SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Media Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion Thread #4

Page 58 of 58 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Media Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion Thread #4 - Page 58 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Media Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion Thread #4

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Very well thought out post JLCCAZ. :Nod:
I think you objectively nailed it. It, IMO was not a criticism, but a good explanation. Thank you.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Media Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion Thread #4 - Page 58 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Media Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion Thread #4

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:19 pm

jlccaz wrote:They had loads and loads of time alone in Atlanta, for months and months.  My view is that killed it -- the usual, banal situation of show bubble followed by really getting to know one another.

Also, in terms of depth of feeling and commitment even at the end of the show bubble, we can all admit that Andi's proposal speech was "off" -- multitude of posts on here even by diehard fans noting so at the time.  It was a really weird (head not heart) speech and we all knew it.  I wonder if she didn't have reservations even then -- after LCD she sat on that sofa with him, thinking and over-thinking and at the end of the day, he projected all that (over?)-confidence onto her, and she bought stock in Josh not Nick (who was All About the Doubts).  

Post-show their hopes were Sky High for paid opportunities, personal appearances, endorsement opportunities, etc., and if we are honest, really very little of substance came their way, notwithstanding the PR agency's success at getting local mags to print pretty pictures, etc.  They really put the couple out there in Atlanta, and it seems that no material $$ opportunities (i.e.., something with long term possibility for building a life, vs. short term cash) came their way.

Sean / Cat had the extra cash from DWTS to buy time to launch his book, her various fashion/style comps (and of course, their own personal relationship).

Chris S. went right back to his job at the bank, while Des had the perfect "fit" between her education/training pre show and her modest celebrity brand post show (bridal design).

Even if Josh is still on the roster at Capstone (a largely commission based job that pays exactly what you put into it), his financial prospects remain undeveloped there, as evidenced by (a) pre show move to Atlanta, and (b) post show launch of an Adovocare distributorship (insert rant about ALL MLM businesses, expecially those in the nutritional supplement category).  I NEVER had the impression Andi was "all-in" on that business.  Maybe people who attended some of those events saw a sincerity in her commitment.  But I wonder if there is simply mutual lack of professional clarity and direction making Joint Decision-making about what to do and where to live, etc. prone to conflicts.  It is a fair generalization that men (and probably Andi too) require confidence and security in their career stability and progress in order to avoid a host of negative behaviors and emotions that are driven by such feelings of fear and insecurity.  And Josh carries that constant ex-pro athlete, brother as a pro athlete, experience like a ball and chain.  He seemed to be looking at marriage as a way to save himself, the game changer, as opposed to really exorcising his old demons from Baseball, UGA athletics, etc., by finding genuine professional fulfillment on his own.

Add in the respective family dynamics?   There's definitely something amiss there, that none of us really understand.

All in all, a very stressful situation, playing out in the public eye somewhat, with two strong willed, hot-tempered people crammed into a too-small apartment, squabbling (do any of us think Andi didn't bicker, etc.), and getting depressing reports from their PR agency about their $$ prospects.  

Many of us posted that they needed to turn to Real Life not Celebrity Life post show to have a chance.  I think their choices in hindsight speak to a lack of commitment to the idea of marriage to him on her part at a minimum.  

So in hindsight the breakup strikes me as just the usual for this show:  let's see what happens when the producers and cameras disappear.  

All of the above is intended to be DESCRIPTIVE of a mismatch, not critical of either.

Very interesting post, but one thing I disagree with you on is that I don't think Josh cared so much about the publicity. I think he enjoyed their fans and the support they got and wanted to use what fame they had to help others and make a little money on the side (Advocare), but I think he truly is more of a homebody and wanted to just settle down. I think he got tired of a lot of their obligations and personal appearances. This could have been a source of contention between the two also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Just saw Andi took off their Advo link from her Twitter. Down the toilet it goes! Her mom must be pissed she paid for it and had to suffer through 24 days of that junk now too laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Good post, too, Laudergirl. I remember seeing photos him with family enjoying board games, etc., family bonding time. It seemed family was number 1 with him. Smiley
I think when he was out and fans approached them, he was always happy to oblige and truly kind to take a photo, etc. I never felt Andi's fan approach was quite as genuine, but Laura and Jolena made it sound like she was very genuine to them.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sara11 Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:32 pm

Alanna wrote:Just saw Andi took off their Advo link from her Twitter. Down the toilet it goes! Her mom must be pissed she paid for it and had to suffer through 24 days of that junk now too laugh out loud
Interesting that she still hasnt removed the twitter pic of him carrying her or the future mrs murray on her IG

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by edenpol Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:36 pm

sara11 wrote:
Alanna wrote:Just saw Andi took off their Advo link from her Twitter. Down the toilet it goes! Her mom must be pissed she paid for it and had to suffer through 24 days of that junk now too laugh out loud
Interesting that she still hasnt removed the twitter pic of him carrying her or the future mrs murray on her IG
I saw Andi put down the link of Advocare for a long time now.
I tried not to say this because I felt like as soon as I would say that, she will do it, and I don't want her to!
edenpol
edenpol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:05 pm

hehehe hehehe

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Is everyone crying? Everyone has gone silent.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by edenpol Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:11 pm

nannymargie wrote:Is everyone crying?  Everyone has gone silent.
Crying crying and crying!!
edenpol
edenpol

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks to Alanna I'm laughing! rotfl

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Media Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion Thread #4 - Page 58 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Since we have several threads going on at the same time, we'll lock some of them and use the Fan General Discussion thread.

General Discussion Fan thread

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 58 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Media Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion Thread #4

+79
bleuberry
mamahamme
flowerpower22
AnandaMarie
Justafan2