SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

Page 21 of 81 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 51 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10 - Page 21 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

Post by StacyNor Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:12 pm

I love this comment from Sean's blog

LA fan •
Sean,I'm so glad that you gave Nick an opportunity to articulate
his side of the story. I think it's sad that Nick even has to defend
himself because the ONLY reason why his ATFR comment was controversial
was because it was aired on national television. We draw these
arbitrary boundaries around propriety in reality TV and somehow making
out with multiple partners in a hot tub is OK and yet discussing an
honest question about sex (which we all knew it happened anyway) is
somehow wrong. We watch this show because we want to see REALITY,
presumably the good and the bad. I must admit, I was shocked when Nick
made his comment, but as I thought about it, I realized it was because
he was the first person to actually be authentic about his pain and not
self-edit just to preserve his self-image. This was not trash reality
TV anymore...it was real life. He was the first person to pull the
curtain back on ABC's attempt to craft a perfect and seamless
fairytale.

Nick, I hope you can see now that Andi is
not the best match for you. I think the circumstances of the show can
manipulate your feelings to fall for someone in a way you would not in
real life. You were by far my favorite cast member of this ridiculous
show (besides Catherine...love her!) and as long as you stay true to
yourself, true love will come to you.

Last edited by StacyNor on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10 - Page 21 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

Post by happygolucky Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Nick right now is HOT COMMODITY.
He is a wanted man  :giggle: or as someone said ... controversial man ... that everyone wants to discuss, talk about, talk to, question or criticize ...
He is a projection of someone's desires and someone's frustrations...
because mostly are the women ...having an issue with him (how bizarre?).

"Ooh, baby (Ooh, baby)
It's making me crazy (It's making me crazy)
Everytime I look around
Everytime I look around (Everytime I look around)
Everytime I look around
It's in my face"

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:16 pm

2boys3girls wrote:
Cecilia wrote:I just kind of love that he doesn't give a sh*t what people think.

I agree I have been reading a lot of different opinions today (not just here). Love Nick's guest blog post. I don't think he should let anything go or move on. He doesn't seem bitter to me. I think he is showing his pov for those that don't get it. Good for him Maybe the people that take issue with the things he says are the ones that need to let it go. JMO.

No, definitely not bitter - I love that he remains unapologeticly Nick - saying what's on his mind but from the heart. I admire that trait in him and glad he was able to showcase that on the show - he really was genuine IMO. Glad he continues to use his fame and what he learned from being on the show to express those views and opinions.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:23 pm

2boys3girls wrote:
Cecilia wrote:I just kind of love that he doesn't give a sh*t what people think.

I agree I have been reading a lot of different opinions today (not just here). Love Nick's guest blog post. I don't think he should let anything go or move on. He doesn't seem bitter to me. I think he is showing his pov for those that don't get it. Good for him Maybe the people that take issue with the things he says are the ones that need to let it go. JMO.

Yes, to this!
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Sprite wrote:I really enjoyed reading Nick's blog and applaud Sean for posting it and getting it more widespread attention. Was always a Sean fan, but developed a bigger appreciation for Nick as the season progressed. Nick is not everyone's cup of tea and unfortunately, there are plenty of people who once they make up their mind, that is it. No rethinking, no re-evaluating, no reconsidering...particularly if they are a fan of someone else.

Over the years, as my knowledge and understanding of just how this silly show works has improved, it has helped me become more of a neutral observer versus simply become a fan of this contestant or that one. Doesn't mean that I don't have opinions and that I don't like some better than others, but rather that I can take the context of the situation and apply it to how I view something...without getting my knickers in a knot. Having said that, my opinion of Nick has improved over time and my opinion of Andi...not so much.

During JPab's season I thought Andi was a calculating, somewhat cold woman. Her behaviour even managed to make me appreciate JPab...to an extent. While in some ways she was a good lead, in many other ways she managed to reinforce my original opinion. She proved herself to be stubborn, unforgiving, spoiled and uncaring about those who she had no further use of. She more than lived up to the moniker of MeAndi. I have no doubt that she is hating the fact that the man she dumped seems to be getting more attention than her "great love". Just as she has continued with digs at JPab, no doubt she will continue with barbs at Nick. As I have written before, forgiving, she's not.

As I have gained in my appreciation of Nick, I think many others have as well. While everyone has their detractors, time always gives us a better perspective. Brad and Jason both got a lot of redemption as the years went buy. Some who were idolized...Emily, Jef...proved themselves to be less deserving of such worship. While Nick may be a somewhat polarizing figure at the moment, how he conducts himself in the future will prove his worth. I don't doubt that if someone like Chris B, has women throwing themselves at him, that Nick will not be short of female companionship. Hopefully, like Sean, he will find a woman who really appreciates and shares his beliefs and will have the knowledge that all that he went through was just another growth opportunity and in the end helped him to find his real happiness.

clapping! 

Thanks for popping in and sharing your perspective.

I am just catching up to Fan thread now. What I find interesting is that many Nick "fans," like him just the way he is ... faults and all. He is genuine and doesn't pretend to be someone he's not. He makes mistakes and owns up to them. He's very "what you see if what you get" and that's a good thing in my book.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by emad0722 Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:33 pm

this!!!! ps welcome back girl. he always gets you back!!!

#teamsalty #teampolkadot #teamnick #teamNOHATE
emad0722
emad0722

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Longhornfan wrote:
Catdwoman50 wrote:^^Longhornfan, I'd like to answer if I may.

There are 2 types of detractors, I think.  Those who perceive him as evil so yes I agree that initial perception through edits didn't help and those that are in the middle and don't want to get in the fray.  I think if the edits made him look like a victim or (God-forbid) something tragic happened to him, a lot more people will be sympathetic or more people in the middle will come out to support him.  Then there are those that are fans of the other corner that no matter what happened/shown, before, during, or after the show, they will always see him as the villain and perpetuator of evil.  It's like politics, yes?

Catdwoman50, thanks for your view on things.  I had not considered that there may be some people in the middle that just don't want to get in the fray, but I find that kind of comforting, because that to me leaves me with the feeling that those folks at least have an open mind.  Being in the middle leaves open the possibility of seeing both sides.

I understand that when we become fans of one of the guys, we tend to become very protective of them - in both corners.  But, the hatred toward Nick just seems so out of balance to me.  I just find that to be sad.

I agree and find it confusing as well. Here's the thing ... I like Nick AND Marcus even though they seem to butt heads. I want them both to find happiness in life and hope they are both on the road to doing just that.

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:39 pm

isittrue wrote:

Nope, I actually find it very appealing myself.  To quote someone "Now that is a man!"  

To elaborate, I am glad that Nick did not fall apart and let this beat him down when he could have easily allowed his bad edit and his breakup with Andi do so.  He said what he said at ATFR and owned up to it.  He also wrote an eloquent blog which focused on the controversy of the FS and explained his own slip-ups further.  He made sure to discourage bashing of Andi in his blog and also earlier on SM - to stay classy.  I don't always agree with him on everything, but I do admire that he does stand behind what he believes in and is not afraid to voice his opinion.  I am sure he enjoys the attention, but to me, it is a case of making lemonade out of lemons.  

Like Button!

Sorry for the triple post ... I gotta stop agreeing with you all!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Cecilia wrote:Another thing...I think the reason he took Sean up on his offer to post is bc Sean is BELOVED and if you look at Instagram comments many have now changed their tune about him just bc Sean is just a tiny bit supportive.
After what you said I just went and read some comments from Sean's IG and people saying how thankful they read his side and giving him respect and support. It was a bold move but seems its working in his favor with people having a bit of compassion towards him and understanding his side.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:16 pm

emad0722 wrote:

this!!!!  ps welcome back girl. he always gets you back!!!

I know. I can't get enough. And I am going out this weekend, going to Milwaukee next weekend and then up north in Wisconsin for a week. One of these days…..
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:58 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
Longhornfan wrote:
Catdwoman50 wrote:^^Longhornfan, I'd like to answer if I may.

There are 2 types of detractors, I think.  Those who perceive him as evil so yes I agree that initial perception through edits didn't help and those that are in the middle and don't want to get in the fray.  I think if the edits made him look like a victim or (God-forbid) something tragic happened to him, a lot more people will be sympathetic or more people in the middle will come out to support him.  Then there are those that are fans of the other corner that no matter what happened/shown, before, during, or after the show, they will always see him as the villain and perpetuator of evil.  It's like politics, yes?

Catdwoman50, thanks for your view on things.  I had not considered that there may be some people in the middle that just don't want to get in the fray, but I find that kind of comforting, because that to me leaves me with the feeling that those folks at least have an open mind.  Being in the middle leaves open the possibility of seeing both sides.

I understand that when we become fans of one of the guys, we tend to become very protective of them - in both corners.  But, the hatred toward Nick just seems so out of balance to me.  I just find that to be sad.

I agree and find it confusing as well. Here's the thing ... I like Nick AND Marcus even though they seem to butt heads. I want them both to find happiness in life and hope they are both on the road to doing just that.  

Even though Marcus was my personal favorite, I enjoyed watching Nick's story as well. Nick was kind of a mixed bag for me. I didn't believe him to be a true villain (Tricky Nicky) based on the edit. However, whenever a whole house full of contestants have a common dislike or mistrust of one of the others, there's usually a reason for it. I did think Nick was sarcastic and smug (which aren't the worst characteristics, but sometimes are not attractive to me). In his real life with family and friends who know him well, he can probably come across as lovable salty Nick. But put him in a house full of strangers all competing for one girl, and he rubbed some the wrong way and/or was misunderstood. (Probably a combination of both) I thought he ended up really falling in love with Andi and he was blindsided. I also believe that he was truly hurt by Andi's behavior in the FS and subsequent ATFR fiasco. So, he's not perfect, but he's not a horrible person, either, imo.

I didn't like to hear about SM hate/trashing towards Nick during/after the season. Nobody deserves that crap. I do think a lot of it was over the top (maybe trying to be funny but ending up hurtful or hateful...Kelly, etc). Now we see Nick poking fun at those on BIP, including Marcus who previously called him a DB on the show. Is Nick's sarcasm all in jest? Is it because of bad feelings between him and Marcus? Probably a combination of both. I read Marcus' rebuttal, and I wish that the two of them would give it a rest. I'm sure that Marcus feels protective over Lacy and also sides with Josh/Andi on the whole ATFR fiasco blowback. But, to keep a running feud on twitter is just stupid imo. I'm not a fan of the Hatfields and the McCoys. The better thing for Nick to do would be to avoid coming across as an insensitive snark. And the better thing for Marcus to do would be to ignore any humor he doesn't find funny and not reply. I wish them both good things. Don't like seeing them swiping at each other. It is unattractive.

As far as Nick's essay on Sean's blog, I read it and thought it was quite good. I agree with everything he said. There is a common stereotype about 'guys being guys' and sex meaning something different to men versus women. Perhaps in a more normal setting that statistic would hold true, but to have been in Nick's shoes in the FS, I think Andi's actions were hurtful and insensitive towards him. I could have even given Andi a benefit of the doubt for her actions in the FS IF....IF...she had shown some sort of empathy towards Nick at ATFR. (In the interest of full disclosure: I never watched the finale show. I was away and only watched ATFR. I have the finale recorded, but at this point, I really don't have enough interest in spending 2 hours watching it. I don't care for Andi, so watching it isn't important to me right now.) I like having discussions about issues, and I think Nick's essay is a conversation starter. Even if it opens up one mind and prevents one other person on this show from being used and then rejected, it will be worth it, imo.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:09 pm

clapping!  clapping! Sprite and Mia, thank you both for your posts. It is great to have many opinions and perspectives.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 81 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 51 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

+51
Luvstruck
Rolly
emusha
california90
alwaystulips