SELECT CONTENT

Specials - Award Shows - Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 Empty Re: Specials - Award Shows - Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:35 am

I enjoy Patricia Arquette, a lot. Same goes with JK.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 Empty Re: Specials - Award Shows - Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards

Post by Bet2Win Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:37 am

Lady Gaga's tribute to Sound of Music was the highlight for me..who knew she could sing like that.

NPH was a snooze fest of a host, his jokes fell flat. Ricky Gervais is my all time favorites for hosting, he hosted the Golden Globes a couple of times, very funny and very naughty.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:08 am

Agree about NPH. The show was 30 minutes longer then usual. Zzzz Julianne Moore, Eddie Redmayne, Birdman rock

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 1f49c

AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 8367-910 AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 I_got_13 AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 E5kqdm15 AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:15 am

I actually stopped watching and did my bedtime reading. 
GaGa was great. SOM is one of my favorites--movie and score. Julie Andrews looked melty. What a beautiful tribute. 
I enjoy Tina and Amy as hosts--my type of humor. Ricky is great also. I love his commercial with his niece. Love. It.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 am

I didn't even recognize Gaga for a second. She was amazing. It was a snooze fest for me too. I got tired of the politics. Kind of disappointing for me this year.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:50 pm

I liked the opening and then Lady Gaga. That's about it. This article says it all about NPH last night:

This Was Neil Patrick Harris’ Least Funny Hosting Gig. What Went Wrong?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/02/23/neil_patrick_harris_hosts_the_2015_oscars_this_was_his_least_funny_awards.html

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:26 pm

I have never appreciated his humor. I could not stand the show "How I met your mother". Personally, I think he is a nice guy. I just don't care for him as an entertainer.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:40 pm

That's a good write up bean. That's exactly how I felt right from when he cracked the first joke which IMO was in bad taste. It went downhill from there.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:37 pm

NPH was funny but I enjoyed the parts I watched and really didn't have a moment where I wanted to scream. Gwenyth's win for SIL over Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth was criminal IMO and then for SIL to beat Saving Private Ryan. That was the Oscars where I stopped caring as much. All four acting winners gave amazing performances and I thought Birdman was okay. The music was really good, but I agree NPH did not do his best at hosting. Actually reminded me of Ricky Gervais's last time doing the GGs. He went from mostly funny to mostly mean and this was like NPH was just over it.

Hope they find someone new next year. I continue to love Tina and Amy, can we maybe make them default hosts for all award shows?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:46 am

MTV.ca

MTV Video Music Awards Sunday August 30th 9pm Eastern/8pmC

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:46 pm

Miley Cryus is hosting.. No thanks! They are going to need to borrow the black box! Actually 2 based on her last few live performances!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 1f49c

AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 8367-910 AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 I_got_13 AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 E5kqdm15 AmazingRaceCanada - Specials - Award Shows -  Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards - Page 4 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Is she??? Oh brother! There goes my popcorn night!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Specials - Award Shows - Emmys - Oscars - Music Awards

+20
alwaystulips
Chgohighlife
mprssdbyu
BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure
bleuberry