SELECT CONTENT

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Page 35 of 49 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by JBF Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Entertaining episode. When they were asked to discuss their hard-hard childhoods, we only heard about Treach, Jenna, Juan and Nikki. Know nuttin' of the rest.

Of course, Treach and Jenna have childhoods straight out of Dickens. Juan and Nikki must have been little preppies in their youth, living on the OTHER side of the railroad tracks. LOL!

The one sad saga with Juan was losing his first girlfriend to his best friend. When Juan is asked to beat out his anger in the old mansion, he is downright wimpy compared with Treach and Jenna, who destroyed everything in sight with THEIR rage.

Afterward, Jenna was pretty relaxed and back to her ol' instigating stuff... behaving like the Cheshire Cat around the Queen of Hearts... Nikki. ("Shall we make her really angry? It is lots of fun!")

The fun really started when Cicely happened to discuss a magazine article about Andi Dorfman's interrogation of Juan on The Bachelor. It is one thing to critique Juan Pablo, but nitpicking best buddy Andi... uh oh.

... and Jenna was ssssoooo hilarious skipping over to Cicely to say "oooooh... she's maaaaad at yoooouuuu..." (Actually Nikki was too busy battling Juan that Cicely was probably forgotten already.)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by Lucas15 Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:44 am

JBF wrote:The fun really started when Cicely happened to discuss a magazine article about Andi Dorfman's interrogation of Juan on The Bachelor. It is one thing to critique Juan Pablo, but nitpicking best buddy Andi... uh oh.

One piece of this puzzle that we didn't see last night could be seen in a preview of a future episode that you need to load the VH1 App for the iPhone in order to see, and that's where Nikki says that the reason she became friends with Andi is that she felt the exact same way about JPG that Andi did when Andi left TB.

I really don't know what the "objective" of CT really is - is it to have every couple resolve their relationship "issues" or only to have some couples resolve them? On a similarly themed show (Marriage Bootcamp: Reality TV Couples which is the show Trista & Ryan went on) some of the married couples did resolve their problems but one of the couples actually decided to divorce at the end of the show. Does CT see their seasons ending the same way? I don't know. But it does seem to me that Cicely & Treach are making some "progress" in their relationship, and maybe so are John and Jenna. I don't see Dick and Stephanie as a real couple to begin (I'm starting to really believe that the reason Dick did the show was for a pulpit to announce he's HIV positive and Stephanie is just a friend and not a girlfriend) so I don't expect any relationship resolution from them. Deena & Chris really don't have much of a problem to resolve in the first place so I can see them leaving the show as a couple. The couple that seems to be regressing (rather than progressing) as the show unfolds is Nikki and JPG so if any of the couples will exit this show with a decision to break-up it seems most likely it will be Nikki & JPG.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:36 am

mindless wrote:
glazedover wrote:As for JPG showing love, I see him showing plenty of physical affection, but not lovingness. There are plenty of ways he belittles her in front of the others. I find it painful to watch sometimes.

I agree with this as well. He's just a touchy feely person and empathetic in the sense that if someone's crying in front of him he starts crying. That has little to do with love. He started crying when Dick was telling everyone about being HIV positive too. Doesn't mean he's in love with Dick, just means he's an empathetic crier. In addition to that, I've seen him try to cheer her up when she's in a mood, but that's only normal. He's a happy-go-lucky guy, so the last thing he wants is to be around someone who's in a funk. On the other hand, I've seen him get all excited when the cameras catch her bad behaviour, criticize and make fun of her in front of others, play martyr, muse about how hard it is to keep her happy when he can't say he loves her... the list goes on. I really have trouble understanding how anyone can interpret that as love. Then again, I don't think Nikki really loves him either, maybe some idea she had of him at some point. During the finale of TB she kept saying something along the lines of "I've never felt like this before so it must be love/he must be the one", but I think anyone with some life experience can tell you that's not true. There are plenty of reasons she's never felt like she did while on the Bachelor.

i totally agree with you! JPG always want to be seen as right and perfect and everyone else is wrong. I also noticed he never listens or like to be corrected, even when Dr Jenn is talking to him, he cuts her off instead of listening and taking her advice. honestly o see him as the cause of all their issues, i mean what is the big deal is saying I love you if your girl wants to hear it. Come on!! he goes on about what he says in spanish meaning more, and what he does meaning more, if that is the case saying what would make her more comfortable in the relationship and move the relationship forward is not a big deal. He strikes me as someone who would not readily accept correction as he thinks he is the epitome of a brilliant being. Very stubborn as his family said on the show. It is I, I , I with him. I am leaving my child, well she is making a sacrifice dealing with you as well! The bachelor really got to his head with all the power and he is still wielding it.
Nikki has to be given kudos for dealing with JPG just as he seem to be given kudos for being with her.

And to say you are leaving your child for someone is wrong, and making the person look bad with a huge responsibility on the head, and this is why most turning on her like she asked him to do so selfishly. Say you are leaving your child for yourself and someone else, TOGETHER. If they move and it doesn't work out, he will turn around and say i moved for her, well she moved for you too!
Everything he has done and said on that show has somewhat made Nikki look bad and she has yet to do anything to make him look bad! Al she wants is a little security in a relationship.
I watched the Bachelor show and really liked them together, and I truly hope CT helps to make them see the errors and correct them. Even though JPG is yet to see any error on his part.

Back to top Go down

Post by metalgirl Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 am

The couple that seems to be regressing (rather than progressing) as the show unfolds is Nikki and JPG so if any of the couples will exit this show with a decision to break-up it seems most likely it will be Nikki & JPG. wrote:
I have to agree with this. Or, they will continue to date long distance and make each other miserable for a long time.
metalgirl
metalgirl

Female Posts : 988

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:20 am

Lucas15 wrote:One piece of this puzzle that we didn't see last night could be seen in a preview of a future episode that you need to load the VH1 App for the iPhone in order to see, and that's where Nikki says that the reason she became friends with Andi is that she felt the exact same way about JPG that Andi did when Andi left TB.

I really don't know what the "objective" of CT really is - is it to have every couple resolve their relationship "issues" or only to have some couples resolve them? On a similarly themed show (Marriage Bootcamp: Reality TV Couples which is the show Trista & Ryan went on) some of the married couples did resolve their problems but one of the couples actually decided to divorce at the end of the show. Does CT see their seasons ending the same way? I don't know. But it does seem to me that Cicely & Treach are making some "progress" in their relationship, and maybe so are John and Jenna. I don't see Dick and Stephanie as a real couple to begin (I'm starting to really believe that the reason Dick did the show was for a pulpit to announce he's HIV positive and Stephanie is just a friend and not a girlfriend) so I don't expect any relationship resolution from them. Deena & Chris really don't have much of a problem to resolve in the first place so I can see them leaving the show as a couple. The couple that seems to be regressing (rather than progressing) as the show unfolds is Nikki and JPG so if any of the couples will exit this show with a decision to break-up it seems most likely it will be Nikki & JPG.
Come to think of it, are Deena and Chris contestants on this show or simply "prop" people? I agree... they are a happy couple with only one issue: his pride is hurt because she makes more $$$$ than he does.

Aside for Dick's big reveal (which wasn't really necessary, at least for TV viewers), he gets all of the screen time instead of Steph... as a narrator.

Jenna/John look like they have the strongest relationship. You can actually see "IT" between them even when one is angry and tries to avoid the other. They always wind up back together after every fight. The only "fault" is that he is more understanding of her than she is of him.

Also Treach/Cecily will probably make it too, since most of their fights are silly and petty.

I don't want to upset their fans here, but I must confess that Nikki and Juan are a strange pair. I don't mean that as negatively as it reads.

To put it another way... they seem to need each other and, thus, do have a strong relationship. Granted, it is not the kind that many fans of Bachelor/ette demand. Nikki was very honest in her PIs at the start of Couples Therapy, stating that she did not come to The Bachelor seeking a husband. She was simply considering the possibility of a relationship. (She was also coyly making a dig at rival "putting all of her eggs in one basket" Clare with those comments.) Technically there is nothing wrong with that logic, as long as Bachelor/ette viewers quit comparing them to, say, Sean/Catherine or Chris Siegfried/Desiree who are more determined going The Traditional Route.

Both... although Nikki is the vocal one while Juan simply smiles his "gotta love me" grin... dislike THE PUBLIC meddling into their private life and trying to determine if they are a "legit" couple or not. We... as a hypercritical group... can not understand why they insist dating long distance and behaving more like a TV couple who nitpick each other so much.

Apparently what this last episode suggested (truthfully or not depending on the edit) is that her relationship with Andi is stronger than with Juan. Interpret that any way you want, but Juan will always have competition with othersssss in Nikki's life just as she competes with Camila. I did not see the video clip you mentioned above, but I suspect it is fooling us (as all previews do) in that Nikki probably explains herself to Juan better in another scene. Andi is, perhaps, a "sounding board" for things Nikki wants to add to her "fuss list" with Juan.

Jenna misunderstood Nikki a lot on screen. While it is true that she was more "spoiled" than Jenna in her childhood, she also had a psychological reason to always be The Best in her athletic and academic pursuits. Even if her parents appeared loving and understanding in her hometown date aired in Bachelor, SOMETHING is making Nikki feel she is not "good enough" unless she "succeeds". Juan may have been like that in his earlier years in the soccer field, but NOW he doesn't come across as competitive at all. Just nitpicky. Like her. Two Felix Ungers do not make the happiest relationship, but at least both are clean and avoid clutter. They are good... roommates at least.

Even though I do think they have a chance, I did not like the way she "consoled" Juan after he bashed out his frustrations in the mansion. Something looked "off" there, compared to the more emotionally expressive Cecily and John. I did no quite "buy" that she was emotionally supportive.

Oh well... next week is another episode.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:35 am

I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, but I have a feeling I will feel the same way after I've watched every other episode. These two just need to cut their losses and move on. IMO, they both would have to go through pretty massive personality changes for their relationship to be functional and viable long-term. But they shouldn't have to be required to change that much just to keep a relationship. I still believe we will find out after it airs or shortly after that they are no longer a couple.

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 35 87b72b10 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 35 86669110 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 35 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Based on Jenna's and John's IG it looks like they are no longer together. John's just has no pics, but Jenna's has no pics and stuff like this...

jennawins
4 weeks ago
So glad I'm sensitive to the energy around me. Definitely makes me trust my gut... If you feel it, usually YOU are right! #fakepeoplesuck #cheatersuck #trustnoone #so gladihaveallen #youlose

I read that she lost custody of her boys when she didn't show up for a hearing. She has supervised supervision, but said in an interview that she has to pay the person supervising so on principal she refuses to do it. At that point, she hadn't seen the boys in 4 months. no no She has a lot of old pics of the boys from when they were like 2 and they are more like 5 now. On Tito's IG there are current pics of the boys with the new gf/John's ex. Tito makes mean comments about Jenna on his IG... like that he got rid of a demon and found heaven now or something like that. He should not be saying bad things about his sons' mom, but Jenna probably needs to be in rehab and focusing on being a person that can be in her sons lives. She's always a victim and sadly-based on her IG, the show didn't help her.

Nikki talking about always succeeding may be telling. Maybe it's harder for her to accept that the relationship isn't succeeding and the fact that it's so public makes it worse. It's like she's out to prove that all the naysayers are wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:58 pm

JBF wrote:
Jenna misunderstood Nikki a lot on screen. While it is true that she was more "spoiled" than Jenna in her childhood, she also had a psychological reason to always be The Best in her athletic and academic pursuits. Even if her parents appeared loving and understanding in her hometown date aired in Bachelor, SOMETHING is making Nikki feel she is not "good enough" unless she "succeeds".

I didn't get that impression. Her whole "issue" seemed to be that everything always came too easy for her. She wasn't an overachiever, just naturally good at everything and spoiled on top of it. TB was just another "win" in a long string of wins, but she still hasn't gotten the prize and it's driving her mad. As much of a trainwreck as their relationship may be, I think it's actually a great life lesson for Nikki. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one to end all her previous relationships. She just strikes me as someone who's never had her heart broken. For the first time she's had to feel unsure about someone's feelings for her, and that in turn has made her think she's in love. I think it's like the number one trick of players: Make a girl feel insecure and she'll be hooked. Not saying JPG's done it on purpose, but that's how it's played out IMO. She doesn't act anymore in love than he does. I mean she cares more about her Mean Girl posse than about JPG, and I think the reason she felt so protective of their relationship in the beginning was that she didn't want anyone to know just how poorly they know each other. I wouldn't be surprised if deep down she was as unsure about her own feelings as she is about JPG's.

As for Juan Pabs, what on earth was that BS story he shared? He broke up with a childhood girlfriend and two months later his best friend started dating her? While that may be an awkward situation, how exactly was his trust broken? And then we have the so called therapists sympathizing with him and acting as if his big trauma answers all their and Nikki's questions. Whut? He looked so awkward bashing stuff, because he wasn't really angry at all. I don't know what he's done to get Dr. Jenn basically eating out of his hand. I watched the extra clip of him talking to her once again about the cultural differences and how he's falling in love but not in love and yadda yadda. She seemed to just be lapping it up with no real input. It's just strange.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:40 pm

mindless wrote: snip ...

As for Juan Pabs, what on earth was that BS story he shared? He broke up with a childhood girlfriend and two months later his best friend started dating her? While that may be an awkward situation, how exactly was his trust broken? And then we have the so called therapists sympathizing with him and acting as if his big trauma answers all their and Nikki's questions. Whut? He looked so awkward bashing stuff, because he wasn't really angry at all. I don't know what he's done to get Dr. Jenn basically eating out of his hand. I watched the extra clip of him talking to her once again about the cultural differences and how he's falling in love but not in love and yadda yadda. She seemed to just be lapping it up with no real input. It's just strange.

I know, I know. That was the most rediculous story! Geez ...

Juan Pablo is Dr. Jenn's star attraction, as surprising as that seems and that seems to be tempering her judgement, I guess.

It's Evel Dick's reactions to Juan Pablo and Nikki that I find the most compelling of all. And, he know longer has to say a word and only give a look that tells it all.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:39 pm

umngirl wrote:I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, but I have a feeling I will feel the same way after I've watched every other episode. These two just need to cut their losses and move on. IMO, they both would have to go through pretty massive personality changes for their relationship to be functional and viable long-term. But they shouldn't have to be required to change that much just to keep a relationship. I still believe we will find out after it airs or shortly after that they are no longer a couple.

I agree with this! It is like Nikki does not want to end it because she is trying to prove the "negative nellies" out there that they are wrong. What she is failing to see, imo, is life is a gift and very precious. She deserves someone who wants to be with her and love her unconditionally. Life is just too short.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:57 pm

mindless wrote:
JBF wrote:
Jenna misunderstood Nikki a lot on screen. While it is true that she was more "spoiled" than Jenna in her childhood, she also had a psychological reason to always be The Best in her athletic and academic pursuits. Even if her parents appeared loving and understanding in her hometown date aired in Bachelor, SOMETHING is making Nikki feel she is not "good enough" unless she "succeeds".

I didn't get that impression. Her whole "issue" seemed to be that everything always came too easy for her. She wasn't an overachiever, just naturally good at everything and spoiled on top of it. TB was just another "win" in a long string of wins, but she still hasn't gotten the prize and it's driving her mad.

*chuckle chuckle* You folks think I am too soft on the couple, don't you?

I still suspect he initially wanted Clare (and all of that "let's not kiss" business has yet to be repeated on screen with Nikki), but quickly discovered that she was way too much W-O-M-A-N for him to handle. Nikki always was less demanding...

... until THIS show.

Also thou shalt not critique Andi Dorfman. Oooooh... Juan did a No-No there.

It's OK.

As much of a trainwreck as their relationship may be,

Choo choo!

I think it's actually a great life lesson for Nikki. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one to end all her previous relationships. She just strikes me as someone who's never had her heart broken. For the first time she's had to feel unsure about someone's feelings for her, and that in turn has made her think she's in love. I think it's like the number one trick of players: Make a girl feel insecure and she'll be hooked. Not saying JPG's done it on purpose, but that's how it's played out IMO. She doesn't act anymore in love than he does. I mean she cares more about her Mean Girl posse than about JPG, and I think the reason she felt so protective of their relationship in the beginning was that she didn't want anyone to know just how poorly they know each other. I wouldn't be surprised if deep down she was as unsure about her own feelings as she is about JPG's.

Poor boy was scrambling to think of SOMETHING to compete with Treach and Jenna's tales of woe! We still know nothing about five other contestants' childhoods. It was as if production told them "viewers won't be that interested in YOU". Apart from getting poison ivy at summer camp, what was there for Juan to talk about? He is so relentlessly happy all of the time. Sort of like Guy Smiley to Nikki's Oscar the Grouch.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 pm

^^^
JBF, chuckle chuckle..

I always enjoy reading your posts and I agree with you on this one!

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 49 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

+40
SerenityGirl
glazedover
smartcat
jojo47
chinita