SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat

Page 16 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ONStorm - General Chit Chat  - Page 16 Empty Re: General Chit Chat

Post by bleuberry Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Oh jeez, good riddance Target! I really wanted it to do well but it sucked. Both in prices and in inventory. When we said we wanted Target, we meant literally everything about the American stores! laugh out loud

I feel bad that so many are losing jobs though. no

ONStorm - General Chit Chat  - Page 16 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:41 pm

This latest big media blitz about the "huge" savings is IMO going to hurt the stores near the border towns. I live in a border town. Crossing the border for shopping dinner gas etc is very common. In a lot of cases it's once a week for many.

The talk around here is, they'll never go to another Target store again. Just to give some background, the commercial developments have skyrocketed in the last 20 yrs on the American side, of my border town, thanks in part to the Canadians. There is a huge NFL Buffalo Bills fan base as well as Buffalo Sabre Hockey Fan Base here. We love it, they love us, and we'll always support those merchants.

Just not Target.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:52 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Back to the Canadian Target soapbox. So they are ready to launch their liquidation of their stock at their 120 stores or whatever across Canada.

Huge savings, 30% off!  They just don't get it, they never did. Now they are just insulting us.

stupid

I suspect the corporation is using a liquidator - special crew comes in to wrap things up and direct the employees. Target, per se, is just a name now, not actually managing the stores or brand.
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5305

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:03 pm

That's too bad. Still love Target here and try to avoid Walmart whenever possible. 

We're having some unseasonably warm weather right now with highs in the low 70s for the next few days until another cold front comes in. I can't keep up because we'll have warm coats one day and no coat the next but won't complain.  Smiley

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15310

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:12 pm

albean99 wrote:That's too bad. Still love Target here and try to avoid Walmart whenever possible. 

We're having some unseasonably warm weather right now with highs in the low 70s for the next few days until another cold front comes in. I can't keep up because we'll have warm coats one day and no coat the next but won't complain.  Smiley

We're having a heat wave here in Minnesota too...it got up to 33. cantstopl cantstopl cantstopl hissyfit
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:17 pm

^I don't miss those heat waves. I'll take my 70 degree temps in Colorado right now.

I love Target. After living in Minnesota for 6 years the fact that I don't always have a Target, especially SuperTarget, within 10 minutes of me makes me sad.

ONStorm - General Chit Chat  - Page 16 87b72b10 ONStorm - General Chit Chat  - Page 16 86669110 ONStorm - General Chit Chat  - Page 16 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Rolly wrote:
albean99 wrote:That's too bad. Still love Target here and try to avoid Walmart whenever possible. 

We're having a heat wave here in Minnesota too...it got up to 33. cantstopl cantstopl cantstopl hissyfit

Rolly you're just over double my 16 degrees! Bust out the summer laugh out loud

bean, 70's seem such a long ways away for us. sad Snow everyday until at least Thursday. Enjoy your warm weather!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:17 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Rolly wrote:

Rolly you're just over double my 16 degrees! Bust out the summer laugh out loud

bean, 70's seem such a long ways away for us. sad Snow everyday until at least Thursday. Enjoy your warm weather!

The upside to living here (Canada too!) is our winter's are so long that by the time we do reach 45-50 degrees for a stretch we feel "tropical". Makes us appreciate spring and summer so much more because it took us so long to get here. Honestly, one of my favorite things about living in Iowa (Chris are you listening giggling) is that each season lasts about 3 months. After about 6 months of winter you start to go :crazed.

But in Minnesota we have LOTS of Target's lolpanda
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:37 pm

We're (San Francisco Bay Area) finally having some much needed rain this weekend. It has been so dry for so long. We had a downpour today that lasted a long time - my family was doing the happy dance. I want to get out there soon to plant my garden, but I feel guilty for watering when things are so bad. The upside is beautiful warm weather, but I would trade that for a few good storms. My hat is off to all of you who brave the snow every year, not sure I could do it. Smiley
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:39 pm

Mustang, we lost power on Friday late afternoon through the evening and also this morning due to the Nor Cal storm. On Saturday morning, I noticed 3 of us had drunk 1 bottle of wine and 6 beers the previous evening when we had no electricity!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5305

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Winter weather what's that? laugh out loud

Target is the best. I go there like once a week.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

ONStorm - General Chit Chat  - Page 16 8367-910 ONStorm - General Chit Chat  - Page 16 I_got_13 ONStorm - General Chit Chat  - Page 16 E5kqdm15 ONStorm - General Chit Chat  - Page 16 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:02 am

Anyone watching the Grammys? My favorite so far is Ed Sheeran by himself and the duet on Blue Skies. We're f/f through anyone/thing we don't like.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15310

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat