SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

love - General Chit Chat  - Page 79 Empty Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Norcalgal Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:30 pm

@veg_out I've seen YoYo Ma play that several times in person. It is beautiful! Sending the Olaf tweet link to a friend whose 30 year old son is in quarantine. He has not been exposed (that he knows of) but has a serious autoimmune disease that has affected his lungs. I think he'll get a kick out of the readings!

THANK YOU!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:34 pm

Went into San Francisco yesterday to deliver some things to my son who just bought his first home. Traffic was noticeably lighter and streets had fewer people out and about. This is important as the city is full of young people. The previous night our son went to a local restaurant for dinner and he was the ONLY patron. The owner told him he would have to shut down, unable to pay rent and may be evicted.

In DC, it is now (temporarily) against the law to evict someone from their rental. Don't know if this applies to residential only or also includes businesses.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:09 pm

My brother was supposed to come from Taiwan and go golfing in Arizona with friends before coming to Canada to visit family, but he cancelled everything. My cousin was also coming for a month from London, England but he also cancelled. I don't know why anyone would take the risk.

I am in London Ontario and my folks are about an hour and a half away in Oakville. I am staying away since I still have to work in the group home with lots of contact with other staff. We are pretty much wearing gloves and washing our hands non stop as part of our normal job, but now even more. I just don't want to take the chance since my mom is one of those people who are the most at risk. I told them to stay home as much as possible. Trips to see her doctors and groceries and that is it.

My dad went to the funeral of one of their friends (natural causes) and my brother and I both freaked out. Now we are catching up on messenger and I will drive down only if there is something serious. New realities. sad

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:13 pm

It's amazing how there are some people who think this isn't a big deal and everyone is making it all about it being some sort of fear mongering.

I know people who left yesterday for Jaimaca for March break with his wife and two young children. His mother told them to make sure they have access to funds for a long time if they can't get back home. Plain stupid IMO

On a good note:

15th March 2020 – (Portugal) Cristiano Ronaldo has transformed his hotel in Portugal into hospital to help in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. He will turn his CR7 brand of hotels into makeshift ‘hospitals’ that can be used free of charge and he will foot all the bills for doctors and medical staff.

A few days ago, Ronaldo launched a message on his social networks: “We must listen to the authorities, protecting our lives is above any interest.” Cristiano’s Juventus teammate Daniele Rugani, who the 35-year-old shared a dressing room with last Sunday when his team beat Inter Milan 2-0 behind closed doors, has tested positive for coronavirus. Meanwhile, Cristiano is in self-quarantine in a luxury villa overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on Madeira island.
https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/cristiano-ronaldo-turns-his-cr7-brand-of-hotels-into-makeshift-hospitals-to-fight-covid-19/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:47 pm

I'm listening to the governor of Ohio's press conference right now. He received information last night about people packed into bars last night. In different parts of the state. They are now placing some restrictions on bars/restaurants after much deliberation with health officials. Not sure exactly what yet but he is talking about how bad it can be if we don't act now because the health care system won't be able to handle this and the normal health care issues needed by residents of the state.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Don’t people listen? SOCIAL DISTANCING!

If we don’t do that, lockdowns will happen very soon!

We don’t want to overwhelm our healthcare system so please stay home as much as possible.

Every night I am hoping tomorrow will be a bit better, but no. Every day is getting worse. With more testing available, which is definitely a good thing, we will see more cases.

Everyone stay healthy!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:29 pm

The one thing they emphasized is that they want people to still order take-out or delivery of food to help keep those businesses afloat. So I think it just might be an hours of operation type of restriction with maybe the number of people allowed in the venue. Will have to wait and see. Ohio is also giving relief to the bar/restaurant industry through other ways. Last thing our governor wants is for the small businesses to fail. His family background was small businesses.

When the doctor at the head of the health department talked, she talked about the actual first case in Ohio (note our first documented case was 8 days ago) because of the incubation period of the virus. Looking back that person was ill with the symptoms one month earlier... the beginning of February! She stated they could have been infected anywhere from 5 to 14 days before that. Which really puts into context as to how many more are out there that are carriers that don't know because they haven't gotten sick or thought they just had a cold.

Me, I'm staying home.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:47 pm

I just read they are putting restrictions in bars and restaurants in Buffalo. Anyone who doesn't follow the restrictions risk loosing their liquor license and will be fined.

I think it was 10% of their maximum capacity? Not sure, it came up on my twitter which is filled with covid-19 info every second.

@sdmom IA it's so simple and yet people are just not following the advice from health experts.

39 new cases in Florida today which include 19 and 20 year olds and TSA airport Agents.

It's incredible how quickly it spreads. Nursing homes in my area are closed to visitors and all March break activities at libraries and museums cancelled. Actually just about everything is cancelled.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchy23 Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Our country is in total lockdown as of tonight!
We are advised to work from home and stay at home as much as we can. Children of caretakers and other people in important jobs, will be taken care of in their schools.
It's like being in a movie. Supermarkets and food deliveries are open. Everything else is closed!!!

I hope we can conquer this virus with not to much damage and death.

We've had a couple of very strange days. People were fighting over food and toiletpaper. Almost all supermarkets are empty. There is enough food in warehouses, but people really started to panic.

Prepare yourselves and be careful. We also thought we wouldn't be affected this much.

love - General Chit Chat  - Page 79 Hollan11
Dutchy23
Dutchy23

Female Posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:31 pm

Dutchy23 wrote:Our country is in total lockdown as of tonight!
We are advised to work from home and stay at home as much as we can.  Children of caretakers and other people in important jobs, will be taken care of in their schools.
It's like being in a movie. Supermarkets and food deliveries are open. Everything else is closed!!!

I hope we can conquer this virus with not to much damage and death.

We've had a couple of very strange days. People were fighting over food and toiletpaper. Almost all supermarkets are empty. There is enough food in warehouses, but people really started to panic.

Prepare yourselves and be careful. We also thought we wouldn't be affected this much.

I really don't understand why at this point everyone doesn't shut down their borders and close pretty much everything but essential services and grocery stores. I know the economic impact will be astronomical, but that way we can all contain this and move on much more quickly. There will always be stupid people who think they will be fine and screw it up for everyone else.

No matter what happens, I will still be required to go to work to look after the people we support. Other than that, I've stocked up on groceries and should be good for a couple of weeks and only go out to walk the dog.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:31 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@HavaDrPepper yes that's exactly the circumstances around that patient.

Handing out signed booklet's is a good idea.

If anything I hope this is educating people on how to prevent germs. I have never been a fan of handshaking but it's part of my job. Now I can just not do it with a valid reason. Smiley

I've also read some people are doing the toe tap greeting, or suggesting a polite Japanese bow.

I'm not a Timmy's drinker, (Tim Hortons) but they are discontinuing Roll Up the Rim contest and moving it to digital. It's about time!

From what I was told by a Tim Horton's owner, they are only doing the Roll up the Rim electronically because of covid. Next time around, it will be back to the cups as usual. I am a Timmie's drinker and am missing the roll the rim but completely agree with it being suspended and turned into an electronic use for this time at least. Just miss the action of rolling up the rim and seeing it for myself versus being told by a worker that it's a loser without actually seeing the result.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:16 pm

I'm not a Timmie's drinker, but they announced today, drive through service only and no sit down dining. Every Timmie's I drive by regardless of time of day, the line ups are always long going through the drive. Now imagine drive through only, they will be massive now! laugh out loud

love - General Chit Chat  - Page 79 3806527698

https://twitter.com/gnuman1979

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down