SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

Page 59 of 78 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 68 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2 - Page 59 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:08 pm

AEF wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
AEF wrote:
I do think Blake reached out to Lisa first and that is why she sent the sisters before misters tweet. Louise sensitive and in love supported him. I'm not so sure he had really fallen for her in South Africa but I think with her support (which I think Blake needed and normally craves) and baking post show he received from Louise he has built on his feelings for Louise .   

snipped...
The biggest criticism of Sam throughout the season was her being immature and not marriage material. Who knows how this played on Blake's doubts already and whether his family actually saw Sam as marriage material (even though they liked her). I could see Blake's friends doubts and families doubts about marriage and rumours of Sam partying bleeding into his own doubts and spiraling to a place of 'general feeling' this is not right. 

I just feel bad for Louise to have watched how he fell for Sam and told Sam she was the only one he was in love with (lip service or not, it would still hurt) but if she is happy, then for her, that is what matters most regarding Louise.

I do think he had doubts about Sam pretty much immediately so I think he was 'made' to propose. Maybe his friends and family contributed post show but they were only adding to not inserting doubts.

Yep, that is what I said. I do feel he was not ready to propose. He was in love but not proposal ready (he had doubts as he even said in his proposal to say: No doubts, No doubts, double negatives 2x). I don't think he was "made" to propose though, encouraged to be sure, coerced, but not unwilling. Being 'in the moment' and in the bubble and thinking to himself as it has been reported by Blake that he thought it would a great thing to tell his kids if he proposed. He was caught up in it all, producers coerced to be sure, but still probably caught up in proposing but still had doubts. This is why he mentioned in his breakup radio interview that he wished he had his mates there to say, whoa, hold up, don't propose there is no rush here. So additional doubts adding to his own became the 'general feeling' that was validated to just break it off and not try at all because why try if he doesn't feel he could marry her? He would break up anyway.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2 - Page 59 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

Post by AEF Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:13 pm

eirekay wrote:
atem wrote:It's always the show's fault. Well, I disagree. And I have never been a fan of Jason after that fiasco of his season, and that's coming from someone that was hoping he'd be the lead.  I really feel for people like Sam and Lisa that will yet again get the shaft.

His 'true love'?  Yeah, whatever.

The one difference I see here between Blake and Jason is that Jason owned up bluntly and quickly on ATFR.  Melissa faked being heartbroken at the break-up, but we found out much later that her ex-boyfriend had picked her up at the airport when she returned from filming.  Jason admitted to his mistake quickly and was never evasive about it.  Melissa, not so much.

I only watched Jason's season after Jason and Molly had married and post furore. I do think these are good points about Jason and speak to his character. Blake's circumstances seem to be different in that it looks like he reached out to Louise as it became more obvious that Sam was not the one. I could probably put his evasiveness down to inexperience, bad advice, not wanting to look any more badly during the breakup announcement and still developing a post show relationship with Louise but my issue is the way he kept hurting and treating Sam. I am not sure even if Blake and Louise are now engaged that they will accepted in the same way by the Australian public as Jason and Molly.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:39 pm

AEF wrote:
eirekay wrote:
atem wrote:It's always the show's fault. Well, I disagree. And I have never been a fan of Jason after that fiasco of his season, and that's coming from someone that was hoping he'd be the lead.  I really feel for people like Sam and Lisa that will yet again get the shaft.

His 'true love'?  Yeah, whatever.

The one difference I see here between Blake and Jason is that Jason owned up bluntly and quickly on ATFR.  Melissa faked being heartbroken at the break-up, but we found out much later that her ex-boyfriend had picked her up at the airport when she returned from filming.  Jason admitted to his mistake quickly and was never evasive about it.  Melissa, not so much.

I only watched Jason's season after Jason and Molly had married and post furore. I do think these are good points about Jason and speak to his character. Blake's circumstances seem to be different in that it looks like he reached out to Louise as it became more obvious that Sam was not the one. I could probably put his evasiveness down to inexperience, bad advice, not wanting to look any more badly during the breakup announcement and still developing a post show relationship with Louise but my issue is the way he kept hurting and treating Sam. I am not sure even if Blake and Louise are now engaged that they will accepted in the same way by the Australian public as Jason and Molly.

2 things regarding this:

1) I think what will make it difficult is that everyone knows that most of the girls have united against Blake. So while he may be seen in the role of Jason Mesnick by some (and certainly on here) he has been perceived by the public as more like Juan Pablo (not the proposal/love you's since Juan Pablo didn't do that but the dislike from many of the bettes and his making out with many/seeming to play games). This blend of Juan Pablo and Jason Mesnick is very polarising to be sure!

2) This post-season was all about the girls forming relationships. Friendship over love. And I think the public got used to this, and liked seeing the girls stand with each other in unity and expressing the same negative view on Blake (the girls are reported to have asked each other which Blake the got, the real or the fake after dates). The fact that all the girls are "sisters before misters" except for Louise is where the problem lies (the girls called Louise 'Stepford' during the WTA which has a negative connotation, no matter the good intention). However, she has a good reputation as marriage material with most viewers so it will be all the Girls vs. Louise on how they try to piece the whole thing together (Love over friendship vs. Friendship over Love?).

So I think that is the dilemma for Blake and Louise. How to get a public to accept you when you are Jason+JuanPablo. The fact that many like Louise is his only way to save face... her support of him will help with the damage control since she is popular and liked by most of the public and was always edited on the show as positive/marriage material.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:46 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
AEF wrote:
eirekay wrote:

2 things regarding this:

1) I think what will make it difficult is that everyone knows that most of the girls have united against Blake. So while he may be seen in the role of Jason Mesnick by some (and certainly on here) he has been perceived by the public as more like Juan Pablo. This blend of Juan Pablo and Jason Mesnick is very polarising to be sure!

2) This post-season was all about the girls forming relationships. Friendship over love. And I think the public got used to this, and liked seeing the girls stand with each other in unity and expressing the same negative view on Blake (the girls are reported to have asked each other which Blake the got, the real or the fake after dates). The fact that all the girls are "sisters before misters" except for Louise is where the problem lies (the girls called Louise 'Stepford' during the WTA which has a negative connotation, no matter the good intention). However, she has a good reputation as marriage material with most viewers so it will be all the Girls vs. Louise on how they try to piece the whole thing together (love over friendship?).

So I think that is the dilemma for Blake and Louise. How to get a public to accept you when you are Jason+JuanPablo. The fact that many like Louise is his only way to save face... her support of him will help with the damage control since she is popular and liked by most of the public and was always edited on the show as positive/marriage material.

I think most people will start questioning Louise's judgement. Agree with your points around the girl's friendships and that image has also been cultivated by the producers as the positive from the season. Laurina has become a hero for 'correctly' calling out Blake.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:53 pm

^^ Regarding people questioning Louise's judgement. From TBAU Facebook comments, where people really vent their negativity, it seems there are many that question Louise's judgement. Some because of 'sisters before misters' and some because of Louise being F3, and third choice.
There are also those, in a minority as is usual when most comments are negative, that are glad Blake and Louise are together. These are the same people who chose Louise for F1 and criticized Sam for being immature and non-marriage material. So people are just justifying what they wanted to happen all along or how they viewed Blake from the get go. He definitely is not liked by most people. And this was long before the breakup. It has more to do with being a salesman/stripper past. Being a salesman/auctioneer seems to really be a negative in AU and sore point for many. I don't personally have that view (car salesman yes, but not real estate agent, maybe in NYC or something?).

Who knows, to twist Jane Austen's words, "One's good opinion, once lost, is lost forever". Maybe they will recover, but I think that the main dilemma is that there are too many viewers/public that didn't like Blake being the Bachelor in the first place, regardless of the outcome. They definitely won't be treated like Tim and Anna.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:03 am

Why was it ok in AU for Tim to do the Hen parties and not Blake?

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:50 am

grace8136 wrote:Why was it ok in AU for Tim to do the Hen parties and not Blake?

I think there are a couple of layers to answer this question, some of which I have mentioned previously. Blake is a real estate agent, according to many surveys in Australia it is one of the least trusted professions and in fact trust has declined for this profession http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/5531-image-of-professions-2014-201404110537, people know he worked for a real estate agency selling houses. It is being reported his new job in Sydney is for a real estate agency.

People now also know that Blake did not just do hen's party but owns a male entertainment company that does more than topless waiting and there are photos that show Blake doing more than topless waiting.

Tim did topless waiting but also works in a helping profession which requires university qualifications. I think whatever people think of Tim he has been given some level of respect for that.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:00 am

Excellent answer AEF!

It also has a lot to do with how Tim was more 'respectful' (to quote most of what is said about Tim as BachAU1). Respectful regarding the girls on the show, not kissing all of them. It didn't help that Blake was a real estate agent/auctioneer and that viewers saw him auctioning in his intro on the first episode and then his "kissing all the girls" mantra that took place. So for Tim, viewers gave him a pass on hen parties because his respected profession coupled with him being more reserved in physical contact with many girls and actually seeing Tim turn down fantasy suite dates and so he became a gentleman. Tim's hen parties was a thing of the past since they didn't see behaviour to make it seem otherwise while he was on the show but with Blake it seems that the rumours just kept getting worse as the season went on and so his past became his present (and knowledge of him owning a business in the present added to this sentiment).
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by yvi123 Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:20 am

Allaboutlove, you've mentioned before that you think Blake and Louise's relationship developed more so after the conclusion of the show. It seems you are right, according to Blake's mother.
"
His mother, web designer Andrea, 48, told Daily Mail Australia: 'He always liked her on the show and they got on brilliantly but it wasn't until after the show when he did one television and radio interview that they grew close.
[left]
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2797975/she-shoulder-lean-gave-support-no-one-did-blake-garvey-s-mother-speaks-son-s-relationship-gives-blessing.html#ixzz3GTFWgcZB

She [Louise] gave him support and was a shoulder for him to lean on when everyone else was attacking him.
he added: 'She felt bad for him and they have been speaking alot since. They have been seeing each other when they can, not much because she's in Brisbane and he's in Perth.
'He adores her.
Andrea insisted she had no knowledge of the magazine deal her son had done with his new love Louise, but has given them her blessing.

Friends of the Perth-Born Bachelor Mark II say it was a mutual decision to split and that he is now in talks with Louise to move together to Sydney.
However, Blake's devoted mother is adamant this is not the case and that the pair are taking is slowly after the debacle of the show.
'I've asked him and he says he's not moving to Sydney,' she said, adding: 'He says he's 100 per cent not doing that.
'The most important thing is that he's found love. So it didn't work out with Sam, she's a lovely girl, too, but Louise is more for him.
'They're getting to know each other in their own time without the pressure of the show.
'Life doesn't always work out the way you choose,' she added"

Sounds like Louise definitely has Blake's mother's approval!

yvi123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:22 am

Anyone else notice how quiet the other girls are on social media over the last day or so?
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by HodanG Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:31 am

Blake is getting hate ONLY due to the fact he went into hiding and left everything to Sam with no clarity and nothing! This is why he is a douche
HodanG
HodanG

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:53 am

yvi123 wrote:Allaboutlove, you've mentioned before that you think Blake and Louise's relationship developed more so after the conclusion of the show. It seems you are right, according to Blake's mother.

His mother, web designer Andrea, 48, told Daily Mail Australia: 'He always liked her on the show and they got on brilliantly but it wasn't until after the show when he did one television and radio interview that they grew close.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2797975/she-shoulder-lean-gave-support-no-one-did-blake-garvey-s-mother-speaks-son-s-relationship-gives-blessing.html#ixzz3GTFWgcZB

She [Louise] gave him support and was a shoulder for him to lean on when everyone else was attacking him.
he added: 'She felt bad for him and they have been speaking alot since. They have been seeing each other when they can, not much because she's in Brisbane and he's in Perth.
'He adores her.
Andrea insisted she had no knowledge of the magazine deal her son had done with his new love Louise, but has given them her blessing.

Friends of the Perth-Born Bachelor Mark II say it was a mutual decision to split and that he is now in talks with Louise to move together to Sydney.
However, Blake's devoted mother is adamant this is not the case and that the pair are taking is slowly after the debacle of the show.
'I've asked him and he says he's not moving to Sydney,' she said, adding: 'He says he's 100 per cent not doing that.
'The most important thing is that he's found love. So it didn't work out with Sam, she's a lovely girl, too, but Louise is more for him.
'They're getting to know each other in their own time without the pressure of the show.
'Life doesn't always work out the way you choose,' she added"

Sounds like Louise definitely has Blake's mother's approval!

If this is the story that will be presented, I think Blake and Louise were very close at the very least a few days before he broke up with Sam:
On September 24th says he is considering moving to Sydney in interview, would have to say things serious between Blake and Louise at this point
September 26th breaks up with Sam
October 2 Finale

Question is when did he first reach out to Louise? We all kept saying how happy she looked in the post filming interview - I can only recall one of her in the studded leather jacket.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 78 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 68 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

+35
eirekay
notarose
Wendy
alanacafe
Sprite
bacheliar
Tania27
Kashathediva
Gina
Floss
ellmack