SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

Post by sanlee088 Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:35 am

Poor girl. I just watched the episode and although she seems really sweet, she comes off to me as a little desperate. However, it looks as though her past relationships have not been the best, and I can totally relate to that!
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

Post by chrissy1295 Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:12 am

I would love Carly as Bachelorette!
chrissy1295
chrissy1295

Female Posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:45 am

IrishGal wrote:I guess I don't understand why they don't just grow their own hair out like we all did when I was young. I think some people's hair won't grow long so just find a nice short style that fits you a la Kelsey.

I am loving Carly but I agree that those extensions look ridiculous now that I see the pictures.

I love Carly...in spite of those extensions giggling she would be refreshing as an 'ette. And all the 'ette's get a complete make over anyway Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 9 2498057887 so they could take those extensions out and get her better ones..... :Woah-hoo:
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:43 am

I read that Carly has hypothyroidism, hence why she may have hair extensions.  Loss of hair is a classic symptom of hypothyroidism.  Thyroid medication can cause it too.  I should know...I have Hashimotos thyroiditis.   Remember we may be fighting a battle that no one knows about. Be kind.  :yes:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/tv/182371/bachelor_hopeful_carly_waddell_reveals?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=bachelor_fanpage

Last edited by Mommyof1 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:51 am

:claphands yes Bravo Carly!
I'm impressed by her more with each day.
I must be honest, that's exactly what I was silently thinking as a "critical" viewer. While I've been reading about her extensions (I'm so ignorant on this matter that I haven't even noticed), I was wondering what on earth would she make her eyebrows look like that. She's a beautiful girl and I thought that takes something away from her beautiful face.

Despite not expressing my thought and choosing not to criticize her more, I must admit my "mean-girl" needs to stop expecting the perfection.
(I'm full of it this morning, of certain realizations, starting from the morning fight of my parents I just witnessed ... it puts perspective about the fragile relationships and lack of communication to another level)

This is definitely one STORY worth sharing, for raising awareness and making people feel not alone in their struggles (note to Kelsey). Kudos to Carly for being brave.

ETA: The irony - I have the same health problem. It's "funny" how we expect of other women to look like out of catalog, while we "suffer" the same "female body issues".

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:25 am

Mommy, I have hashimoto's disease, also.  I am a lucky one I guess...I've had hypothyroidism for many years and only in the last few did my eyebrows go bald.  Honestly, that's one of the minor problems with this condition as you may know.  :frommeto

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:38 am

I think we are so accustomed to seeing "model-perfect" types on this show that when a real person with a less than picture perfect feature turns up on our tvs we tend to notice it. Let's remember that casting picks only what they perceive to be beautiful people, some with modeling pedigrees to prove it. Have they ever cast a woman who was "Hollywood chubby", oh let's say, a size 10+? Have they ever cast a man with acne scars? Have they ever cast someone whose teeth were crooked or short of incandescent white? Not that I can recall.

So, imagine yourself, a regular Jane who applies for this show or who gets recommended for this show and you're suddenly thrown in with all these Farah Faucets, Pamela Andersons, and Heidi Klums. I can understand why some of these women begin to feel self-conscious about their looks. Now, add to that all the SM criticisms. Yikes.

So, I applaud Carly for a) being a real person b) taking the time to educate people about something they might not be aware of and c) standing up for herself. You go, girl!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:27 am

MiaHawk wrote:I think we are so accustomed to seeing "model-perfect" types on this show that when a real person with a less than picture perfect feature turns up on our tvs we tend to notice it.  Let's remember that casting picks only what they perceive to be beautiful people, some with modeling pedigrees to prove it. Have they ever cast a woman who was "Hollywood chubby", oh let's say, a size 10+?  Have they ever cast a man with acne scars? Have they ever cast someone whose teeth were crooked or short of incandescent white?  Not that I can recall.

So, imagine yourself, a regular Jane who applies for this show or who gets recommended for this show and you're suddenly thrown in with all these Farah Faucets, Pamela Andersons, and Heidi Klums.  I can understand why some of these women begin to feel self-conscious about their looks.  Now, add to that all the SM criticisms.  Yikes.  

So, I applaud Carly for a) being a real person b) taking the time to educate people about something they might not be aware of and c) standing up for herself.  You go, girl!    

I agree Good Post
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:52 pm

I am wanting her for the lead more every day.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:14 pm

IrishGal wrote:Mommy, I have hashimoto's disease, also.  I am a lucky one I guess...I've had hypothyroidism for many years and only in the last few did my eyebrows go bald.  Honestly, that's one of the minor problems with this condition as you may know.  :frommeto

It's not a kind disease at times, but somehow we keep keepin' on! handwave
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:24 am

And the Next Bachelorette will be....the top contenders

Carly All that stuff about not feeling worthy of love? Pure Bachelorette. Gold! I mean, could you root for her any more?? Plus, she's a natural entertainer, well-spoken on camera, funny and likeable.  I'm told by sources she's a "very strong contender."

http://www.eonline.com/photos/14995/and-the-next-bachelorette-will-be

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:06 pm

The same article says Andi as the top contender--"No Thanks!" is all I have to say. Time to go back to law or DWTS...
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

+44
aglaea
northernviewer
marloon
BachfanNY
nutty1