SELECT CONTENT

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1

Page 16 of 57 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 36 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 16 Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by northernviewer Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:54 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:I didn't know you can post as a guest? You learn something new everyday rotfl

ETA rich I was about to post that too!

I think the poster, raven I believe must have cancelled their membership to the board. I think people have to realize that the concept of this show is that people are going to get hurt.. no ifs ands or buts about it. It happens every year, and the lead becomes the scum of the earth for hurting a poor unsuspecting contestant. Sorry but thats the nature of the beast. We can all sit here and say "well I'd never" ... but do you think Ashley went on there saying "well I would"?? giggling JP nailed it when he said on his HTD that at the end somebody was going to be hurt... and this year it was Ben. The Bach/ette has to lead somebody on and I'm sure it's more uncomfortable for them to actually do than it is for us to watch. And do I think that when Ashley was getting dressed that morning that she planned out how she was going to let Ben get down on his knee to propose, just to humiliate him? of course not.... it just happened and I'm sure nobody regrets those few minutes more than she does. I know "I hope I'd never" but until I'm in those high heels, I won't really know, I'll give her a pass as there's nothing about her that suggests that she's the heartless witch that she was made out to be in a certain post upthread. no

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 16 Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:59 pm

northernviewer wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:I didn't know you can post as a guest? You learn something new everyday rotfl

I think the poster, raven I believe must have cancelled their membership to the board. I think people have to realize that the concept of this show is that people are going to get hurt.. no ifs ands or buts about it. It happens every year, and the lead becomes the scum of the earth for hurting a poor unsuspecting contestant. Sorry but thats the nature of the beast. We can all sit here and say "well I'd never" ... but do you think Ashley went on there saying "well I would"?? giggling JP nailed it when he said on his HTD that at the end somebody was going to be hurt... and this year it was Ben. The Bach/ette has to lead somebody on and I'm sure it's more uncomfortable for them to actually do than it is for us to watch. And do I think that when Ashley was getting dressed that morning that she planned out how she was going to let Ben get down on his knee to propose, just to humiliate him? of course not.... it just happened and I'm sure nobody regrets those few minutes more than she does. I know "I hope I'd never" but until I'm in those high heels, I'll give her a pass as there's nothing about her that suggests that she's the heartless witch that she was made out to be in a certain post upthread. no

Truly beautifully stated. :claphands
This show loves to take humiliation to new heights. It manipulates people with their weakness and strengths and knows the buttons to push to get the response they want. (remember all the psych testing profiles)
The nature of the beast and a beast it is...
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:59 pm

beader wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I took a different twist on the "you are too much for him".
A bit of a leap here since the phrase was taken out of context of the entire conversation, but my thoughts:
Ashley's family is very proud of her achievements. She has excelled at many things in her life, dancing and academics. She will be a dentist very soon.
I took the "you are too much for him", meaning you are settling and he is not good enough for where you are going in life. I have some other private thoughts also, but am not going there.
Anyway, just thought I would throw my specs out there for what it's worth. Zilch probably.

Maybe Sis doesn't realize what a Master's Degree from a major school for construction management really means. If she knows and still this he's "not good enough for where Ash is going," then she is a real snob. Like a man who is really going places would want her (Sis) on his arm! Only in high neck and long sleeves!

Way behind on this thread so this may have been discussed, but Chrystie has move on from this for sure. Not just from the tweet last week, but by some new ones since the ATFR taping.

Asked: Are you happy about the choice Ashley made?
CC: Very Happy! Smiley

Tweet: I know you can't say anything, but I love J.P. <3
CC: Haha! A lot of people love J.P. #teamcupcake

#teamjodi #teamsushi #teamjash #teamcupcake #teamarie #teameinstein
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Whatever, Ben and JP are both awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:04 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:I didn't know you can post as a guest? You learn something new everyday Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 16 1806963828

Guests can't post or read here. You have to be a member to do both, but that former member went out swinging before jumping ship. Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 16 927261665
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Good post Ironcat, as usual.

From the caps, the rejection of Ben turned Ashley into a hot mess, she was crying and so sad (like Jillian) on the day when she was to be her happiest, the day she gets the man she loves proposal for marriage. It was no fun for Ashley to have to let the F2 go, it never is. I think she was just as upset as Jillian with the Reid fiasco. It's unfair and cruel, but as IC said, "it's the nature of the beast" on this show. The final 2 guys know one of them will get their heartbroken, as JP said and Ben said. Ben said he could be crushed at the end, so he was not some wide eyed baby walking to the podium.

I feel it's so unfair to judge Ashley harshly on how it all went down and I still think TPTB played a big part and did manipulate sweet and trusting Ben to have him get down on knee right away, and maybe Ashley was shocked for a minute and didn't know what to say. Let's face it, when did that ever happen, if it does go like that? Most wait for a sign from the lead, Kitpyn knew and didn't go down on bended knee.

TPTB used sweet Ben, screw them and call them names, but not sweet Ashley, they used her too, remember that. imo

Last edited by Gina on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 9 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:09 pm

:scootin: Hey Rich....have I told you lately that I love you? Can't get your post to quote...but the raven is now postless.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 pm

agentcurls wrote:^ based on how JP handled the Bentley drama, I think he is more patient than even he thinks he is.

I think passionate people often get judged as hot-tempered & possesive. It's not a fair assumption. Especially in this case.

bowdown

I have been trying of a way to say the exact same thing. Thank you so much. ICA. Can't wait for the ATFR

#teamjodi #teamsushi #teamjash #teamcupcake #teamarie #teameinstein
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Gina, I'll admit I'm a little disappointed in Ashley, though I'll wait until I watch the finale before I make a harsh judgment. It's entirely possible that she didn't expect it to happen. I just think she was easily manipulated this season and TPTB were resentful that they couldn't get Emily or Chantal as the Bachelorette. I put most of the blame on them, of course. I said in another thread that this has been a cruel season with the Bentley storyline, the roast, 3 guys leaving, Ryan returning and now a F2 proposal. There was a lot of manipulation this season. no no

Last edited by bluwavz on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Love_Me wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:I didn't know you can post as a guest? You learn something new everyday Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 16 1806963828

Guests can't post or read here. You have to be a member to do both, but that former member went out swinging before jumping ship. Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 16 927261665
Thanks for explaining that, LM. It was a kinda rut-roh minute. :D

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 pm

It would be easy enough for the producers to tell Ashley that she would speak first and to take her time and gather her thoughts once Ben came to the podium. At the same time, Ben might have been told by the same producers that he was to speak first, and encouraged to get down on one knee relatively quickly for "camera angles" or something. Thus, they get the desired result, Ashley stymied that before she can say anything, Ben has already jumped the gun, making her further tongue-tied, while Ben thinks he is just following instructions.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:28 pm

ironcat wrote:It would be easy enough for the producers to tell Ashley that she would speak first and to take her time and gather her thoughts once Ben came to the podium. At the same time, Ben might have been told by the same producers that he was to speak first, and encouraged to get down on one knee relatively quickly for "camera angles" or something. Thus, they get the desired result, Ashley stymied that before she can say anything, Ben has already jumped the gun, making her further tongue-tied, while Ben thinks he is just following instructions.

That's probably exactly how it happened. I'm just waiting for a season when we get a lead that's rejected by their F1 at the FRC. Probably next season. no no
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 57 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 36 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1

+83
bilolo
BachfanNY
Nibbles22
RealityEscape
2observe