SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 44 of 47 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

help - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by ironcat Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:34 pm

murasaki1393 wrote:

For me, the (likely pre-planned despite what Harrison says) wedding crash is a potential "sign" that Whitney is NOT the F1. In fact, this is the episode that I am sarting to question stuff.

Also why would Becca be allowed to post a pic of her with her sister (?) so soon after FRC? That never happened before.

I am OK with Whitney being F1, but I need to feel more positive about it like the assuming masses here, since Becca and Kaitlyn still have a chance with all of the haziness surrounding them.
--
my note :
- ITA on the bolded- rergarding the 'Becca is Back" pic. Major alert here, IMO.
- I would think the Wedding Chrashing theme is not in the favor of Whitney as the F1, unless MF and co breaking the curse this season. Added to this : the greatest love and our wedding lines on their first date. (sorry for being skeptical!..believe me, i am a hopeless romantic at heart! giggling )
- Observing limo entrance and Season Highlight of Becca vs Whitney , i think its in the favor of Becca as F1.

I can't get behind this reasoning because even if the producers chose Whitney for that date (I suspect they did), all it might indicate is that they didn't think she was one of Chris' front runners AT THAT TIME. And she might not have been, but there were still many weeks of filming left, and it looked to me like Chris was almost flabbergasted by how "amazing" Whitney, who hadn't really dazzled him previously, turned out to be. The producers couldn't control that, so if Chris changed his mind after the date and put Whitney into the "serious contender" category, and then ended up choosing her, there's nothing that could have been done in the editing, short of deleting the entire wedding crashing portion of the date, to change things.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

help - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by JBF Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Litta123 wrote:No problem, Kasha...happy to serve...although the ick factor of this season is tempting me to file for workers' comp! Smiley

As long as he isn't making you a Sleepy Soule like he did in Andi's season.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:23 pm

ironcat wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:

For me, the (likely pre-planned despite what Harrison says) wedding crash is a potential "sign" that Whitney is NOT the F1. In fact, this is the episode that I am sarting to question stuff.

Also why would Becca be allowed to post a pic of her with her sister (?) so soon after FRC? That never happened before.

I am OK with Whitney being F1, but I need to feel more positive about it like the assuming masses here, since Becca and Kaitlyn still have a chance with all of the haziness surrounding them.
--
my note :
- I would think the Wedding Chrashing theme is not in the favor of Whitney as the F1, unless MF and co breaking the curse this season. Added to this : the greatest love and our wedding lines on their first date. (sorry for being skeptical!..believe me, i am a hopeless romantic at heart! giggling )
- Observing limo entrance and Season Highlight of Becca vs Whitney , i think its in the favor of Becca as F1.

I can't get behind this reasoning because even if the producers chose Whitney for that date (I suspect they did), all it might indicate is that they didn't think she was one of Chris' front runners AT THAT TIME.  And she might not have been, but there were still many weeks of filming left, and it looked to me like Chris was almost flabbergasted by how "amazing" Whitney, who hadn't really dazzled him previously, turned out to be.  The producers couldn't control that, so if Chris changed his mind after the date and put Whitney into the "serious contender" category, and then ended up choosing her, there's nothing that could have been done in the editing, short of deleting the entire wedding crashing portion of the date, to change things.

i am sure this quoting was truncated. The bolded reasoning was not mine, It was JBF's whom i quoted. I let JBF respond it for you... hi

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:23 pm

ironcat wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:

--
my note :

I can't get behind this reasoning because even if the producers chose Whitney for that date (I suspect they did), all it might indicate is that they didn't think she was one of Chris' front runners AT THAT TIME.  And she might not have been, but there were still many weeks of filming left, and it looked to me like Chris was almost flabbergasted by how "amazing" Whitney, who hadn't really dazzled him previously, turned out to be.  The producers couldn't control that, so if Chris changed his mind after the date and put Whitney into the "serious contender" category, and then ended up choosing her, there's nothing that could have been done in the editing, short of deleting the entire wedding crashing portion of the date, to change things.

agree with your analysis ironcat :yes:

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:31 pm

I am not commenting any further on that. When I PMed those lines, I was a trifle agitated at how the wedding date felt... forced... just from an editing perspective.

Yet I am keeping an open mind with each of the top three, including Whitney.

As usual... and Litta can remind you of this... I have this oddball attraction towards contestants who are livelier than the Bachelor. In Juan's season, it was Clare Bear. This season, it is Miss Pottymouth.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:37 pm

GA.. Would it be possible for us to move this discussion to one thread? Either the F3 thread or maybe the possible Becca as F1 in her thread and Kaitlyn in hers. Where do you want it for now? It's hard to follow along with bits and pieces in so many threads. TIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:41 pm

JBF wrote:I am not commenting any further on that. When I PMed those lines, I was a trifle agitated at how the wedding date felt... forced... just from an editing perspective.

As usual... and Litta can remind you of this... I have this oddball attraction towards contestants who are livelier than the Bachelor. In Juan's season, it was Clare Bear. This season, it is Miss Pottymouth.

TY JBF...hopefully i dont cause you much trouble :stirthepot .

IMO Chris really cant do no wrong with his F3
- Whitney and himself are look alike. Smiley
- Becca and his mom are look alike. giggling
- Kaitlyn, well, she did say that he can plow her fields any time help - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 44 2498057887

Ditto with you, i guess i have this oddball disease to fall for the F2 and doomed in the miserable F2 land, like..im almost every season scratch #Help

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:22 pm

I love how you worded that: "Chris really cant do NO wrong with his F3 "... *chuckle chuckle* (I'm only teasing you. Don't change it, since I am just as goofy with my wording here too. It also sounds kinda cute... and kinky.)

Off topic...

Yeah...

We probably should start a storyline/top 4/edit type thread, although I did my best to keep referencing 3rd episode weddings and Jimmy Kimmel as much as possible above.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:46 pm

JBF wrote:I am not commenting any further on that. When I PMed those lines, I was a trifle agitated at how the wedding date felt... forced... just from an editing perspective.

You are not alone on this. Since talking about Episode 3, I also saw the wedding crashing date seeming a bit 'forced' because Chris was saying he likes someone spontaneous, then Whitney is all "I am spontaenous, let's wedding crash!" and then by the end of the night Chris is saying it was Whitney and not the date/day that was amazing - essentially whom he was with rather than what he did - and writing in his blog on how amazingly spontaneous she is!

Voice aside, Whitney does have a earnest/affected look about her (though nowhere near as obvious as Britt's). Becca is very normal, very safe, even more so than Whitney she comes across as genuine about finding love and not as desperate. As for Kaitlyn, whether Miss Pottymouth is F1 or not, I respect that she is real and rolls with the punches, doesn't take herself too seriously and actually showed some wisdom concerning the discussion of overnights/FDs with JKL in that she wouldn't be upset if Chris tested another girl (ha!). Even JK was impressed with her level-headed approach. So while she may be more risque, at least, imo, she is real about it and owns it. What you see is what you get.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:39 pm

The talk with JK was mere speculation, since Chris didn't say he WOULD "test drive" each woman. Also there was some lop and chop in the editing there, suggesting that Kaitlyn may not be as comfortable with the situation as she appeared to be. Yet Kimmel was still keeping the discussion light.

Regarding the other date, it is the way the wedding crash was EDITED and not so much Whitney herself that bothered me.

My mind is blank. Did she repeat that line from Clare, Brooks, Eric (last season) and Ben (as F2 in Chiang Mai with Ashley) about this-may-be-the-first-date-with-my-future-spouse? (Granted, the editors may be changing some of these antiquated patterns I failed to notice before and am only belatedly "catching on" to... before they altar old patterns and come up with new ones.)

OK... I will just get a few things that "bother" me a little. Again, this is all about the editing and not Whitney herself.

In the opening seasonal promo: When he says "I'm here to find a wife and if any of you question that, you are more than welcome to go home", the editors chose a very skeptical "reaction shot" with her. Now... this may just be tomfoolery to fool us, but often edits like that suggest that... if she is F1... the union may not last long post-show.

Minor thing bothering me about the wedding crash itself. Yes, he was in the romantic mood with her dancing (Matt White certainly influencing, with a homage to the great Des/Chris matchup). Yet it wasn't giving me a good picture of what these two would be like post-show as the Costco date did. I am particularly fond of the shots of Chris and Kaitlyn talking to store personnel and then to us with their arms together as if just "chit chatting" about their everyday life a.k.a. Sean/Catherine and Des/Chris style. In short, the pretending-to-be-wedding-guests routine didn't feel as... well, natural as... let's say... Jimmy Kimmel joking around as "their guest" visiting on a Saturday night.

However, we are only at episode 3. There is still time to build up the "why" Whitney makes it to the end (or near the end if the spoilers are wrong). We also still have time for Becca to emerge from the shadows.

Don't have confidence with Jade. She wouldn't take off her heels while on the bed with him, as if planning to be standing up within five minutes anyway.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:48 pm

JBF wrote:
Litta123 wrote:No problem, Kasha...happy to serve...although the ick factor of this season is tempting me to file for workers' comp! Smiley

As long as he isn't making you a Sleepy Soule like he did in Andi's season.

Well, that too! Sadly, I have yet to see Chris carry on a decent conversation with someone...unless I slept through it. Hugesmile

help - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 44 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:56 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:

You are not alone on this. Since talking about Episode 3, I also saw the wedding crashing date seeming a bit 'forced' because Chris was saying he likes someone spontaneous, then Whitney is all "I am spontaenous, let's wedding crash!" and then by the end of the night Chris is saying it was Whitney and not the date/day that was amazing - essentially whom he was with rather than what he did - and writing in his blog on how amazingly spontaneous she is!

Voice aside, Whitney does have a earnest/affected look about her (though nowhere near as obvious as Britt's). Becca is very normal, very safe, even more so than Whitney she comes across as genuine about finding love and not as desperate. As for Kaitlyn, whether Miss Pottymouth is F1 or not, I respect that she is real and rolls with the punches, doesn't take herself too seriously and actually showed some wisdom concerning the discussion of overnights/FDs with JKL in that she wouldn't be upset if Chris tested another girl (ha!). Even JK was impressed with her level-headed approach. So while she may be more risque, at least, imo, she is real about it and owns it. What you see is what you get.

I'm not sure impressed, but amused by her for sure. JK's always making jokes about the women being willing to go along with this madness. If she is F3, I hope Chris sends her home before the overnight portion (doubt farmer horn dog will though), so his F1 doesn't have to deal with all the speculation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 47 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+65
northernviewer
Litta123
MVMom39forever
ironcat
MiaHawk