SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Page 77 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 77 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:25 pm

If he was hurting financially he should have gone back to the farm like he was so looking forward to, and putting in a long hard day's of work like most farmers. He's an embarrassment to all farmers IMO who work tirelessly to feed North America and beyond.

There was never a doubt in my mind his intentions had nothing to do with a wife a farm and a simple life. He's a bad actor, who IMO was lying through his teeth every time he tried to open his mouth.

I liked him in the beginning of Andi's season, but slowly I thought otherwise when it was obvious he was trying to cast for TB role. He's a fake IMO and proved it by admitting like a jerk that he is, that the proposal was not what he wanted or whatever it was that he said. In the meantime he used Whitney to his advantage, embarrassing her during media events by not even getting close to her, or making  her lag behind him, on her own in the streets of L.A I see his Love debate or whatever it was has been cancelled. Who wants to pay $$ to see CS? Apparently not enough people would bother. It won't be long until he realizes the farm is the safest place for him to be. JMHO

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 77 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by lurker11 Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:43 pm

He was getting money from his crops if he was there or not... it may be less if he was paying people to run it for him, but he likely made the same amount from his land that he has in years prior. Farming is not like another job where you don't get paid if you don't show up.
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:13 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:If he was hurting financially he should have gone back to the farm like he was so looking forward to, and putting in a long hard day's of work like most farmers. He's an embarrassment to all farmers IMO who work tirelessly to feed North America and beyond.

There was never a doubt in my mind his intentions had nothing to do with a wife a farm and a simple life. He's a bad actor, who IMO was lying through his teeth every time he tried to open his mouth.

I liked him in the beginning of Andi's season, but slowly I thought otherwise when it was obvious he was trying to cast for TB role. He's a fake IMO and proved it by admitting like a jerk that he is, that the proposal was not what he wanted or whatever it was that he said. In the meantime he used Whitney to his advantage, embarrassing her during media events by not even getting close to her, or making  her lag behind him, on her own in the streets of L.A I see his Love debate or whatever it was has been cancelled. Who wants to pay $$ to see CS? Apparently not enough people would bother. It won't be long until he realizes the farm is the safest place for him to be. JMHO

He doesn't have to be there to farm I'm sure he has people working for him. I don't see why he's an embarrsment to farmers?

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:17 pm

Because he constantly said he's a farmer, he wanted to get back to Iowa, that's where real life is.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenAnderson Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:11 am

GuardianAngel wrote:If he was hurting financially he should have gone back to the farm like he was so looking forward to, and putting in a long hard day's of work like most farmers. He's an embarrassment to all farmers IMO who work tirelessly to feed North America and beyond.

When did he admit that? What did he say?

BowenAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:37 am

Ladybug82 wrote:If he didn't enjoy the attention he wouldn't have gone on the show in the first place.  He returned as the lead, willingly and enjoyed all benefits that came from it, including DWTS which cost him what could've been a wonderful life long relationship.  He then chose to say in an interview everything with Whitney was for the show. Had he kept his whiskey drinking, no lipped mouth shut...he might have kept some fans.

Having grown up in the south, in a town where farming is a large portion of the communities income, job and life...I understand how farming works.  I also know that they tend to work their butts off, would give you the shirts off their own backs if you needed it, and often take on other jobs to make ends meet if necessary.  None that I know of would run to a reality tv show for an income and then continue to jump from show to show or appearance to appearance all while claiming they just want to find the love of their life, get married have babies and live happily ever after on the farm.  They'd actually live on the farm and do what necessary to make ends meet.

Farming was not his only job or form of income before he went on the Bach and 'Ette.  If he can't manage money, investments and savings from all his shows, appearances, purchases (no matter how big or small) then that's his problem.  Again, I can't find sympathy for him.  If he needs money, I'm sure he could actually leave fame behind and return to Iowa, his businesses and the farm and make ends meet.  Maybe he couldn't live as lavashishly as he has been the last few years on ABC's dime, but he could make ends meet and live a happy comfortable life.  

Obviously we're not going to see eye to eye on this, so I'll step off my :soapbox and just agree to disagree.  As always, JMHO.

What interview was that in? I must have missed something because I don't think I've heard him say that.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:19 am

I think it was a podcast, Dan Patrick, maybe but don't remember off hand.  It is buried somewhere back in this thread...  

I think he used the word technically or something along those lines when asked if the engagement was real.  He didn't directly say it was all for show (but then again, IMO it's hard for him to form coherent sentences when he's trying come off as politically correct, sincere and truthful giggling ), but he certainly implied that it was more for show than because he loved her wanted to spend a life with her and then it just didn't work out.  Not trying to rehash anything or cause drama, I probably should've added another IMO somewhere in or around that sentence.  Sorry...  Embarressed!

ETA:  Found it...  You can listen and decide for yourself:  Dan Patrick Show Hour 2 (06-16-15), about 15 minutes in.  We discussed it for several pages (before and after) around page 57 in this thread.  For me, listening to him talk gave more an indication of his true feelings than the article posted below.

happygolucky wrote:source: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelor/bachelor-star-chris-soules-tal-56765.aspx
During his interview on The Dan Patrick Show, Soules said that his engagement on The Bachelor was "technically" real but admitted that being together in real life is more complicated.

"Well, we got engaged on the show.  I mean technically yeah [on whether the engagement was real]. She had the ring, the whole nine yards. We tried to make it work. We tried to figure things out in the real world. It's much different in the real world than it is on TV, you know, on a television show. You kind of get the opportunity to, you know, actually experience real life together," Soules said.

"They don't pressure you to do it [get engaged]. I think the whole experience itself lends itself to like making you feel like you want to do that. And in the end of course there's the final rose and, you know, it's a really weird experience and it's hard to explain unless you've been through it," he added.

While Soules didn't get into the details of the breakup, he did have nice things to say about his ex fiancee.

"Well there really is not much to say. I mean it was a relationship. She's a great person and she'll be a friend for the rest of my life and I'll always care about her," he said of Bischoff. "Just didn't work out. It was two people that were mature and went into a weird situation, came out, tried to make it work."

Aside from his love life, Soules also talked about Nick Viall, yet another controversial topic among Bachelorette fans these days. Viall competed with Soules for Andi Dorfman on The Bachelorette season 10 and then made his reality TV comeback on The Bachelorette season 11 to compete for Kaitlyn Bristowe.

"Nick is an interesting guy," Soules said. "And he really seems to enjoy being, and wanting to continue to be, on The Bachelor franchise and, I mean, I don't know. I don't understand...If I was those guys, I would be very irritated to know that he's back on the show...that's a tough pill to swallow by the other contestants."

After his stint on The Bachelor, Soules competed on Dancing with the Stars season 20 and recently joined the cast of Worst Cooks in America: Celebrity Edition on Food Network. While he seems to enjoy his time in the limelight, the 33-year-old reality TV star is not keen on finding love again as the next Bachelor.

"No. I'm glad I did it. It was a great experience but, you know, that chapter has past in my life and, you know, it's a lot of pressure. It's very intense. If you're truly there to find someone, which I was, it's a lot of emotional ups and downs. And it's hard," Soules revealed.

And despite his upcoming reality TV gig, Soules still claims that farming in Iowa will always be his first love.

"I really enjoy what I do [in Iowa.] I am trying to make the most out of the opportunities that now I'm having. It's fun to come to New York, but I'm always glad when I get back there and get back to normal life. That's just me being honest. I don't live in Iowa because I want to live in Iowa, I live in Iowa because I love what I do there," he said.

missfafa wrote:

Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:42 am

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelor/bachelor-star-chris-soules-tal-56765.aspx

The people in the comment section there seem to believe that Chris S neglected Whitney because of his pursuit of fame. That sucks cause I thought Whitney was everything he wanted.

He asked for a woman who could shoot the stuff with strangers, roll with the punches, who could talk to anyone. Whitney could do that much better than him, and she took the first opportunity to show him that she's that kind of woman by suggesting they crash a wedding.

She also didnt have the major red flags of believing in aliens, being a widow, being a nitwit, being a flip flopper. She also didnt strip naked at the lake and didnt engage in sexual innuendo. She was smart, had a career which requires lots of responsibility, unlike many of the others there. She also didnt engage in gossip, she is from the countryside, and she was willing to move back there for him!

This was an A+ chick.

And he just let her go? How is he going to find another one?
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Male Posts : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:28 am

Maybe that is the answer: He does not want another one.
Maybe he simply wants his idea of "fun" and is not really interested in settling down.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenAnderson Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:34 am

IWouldMarryAshleyI wrote:http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelor/bachelor-star-chris-soules-tal-56765.aspx

The people in the comment section there seem to believe that Chris S neglected Whitney because of his pursuit of fame. That sucks cause I thought Whitney was everything he wanted.

He asked for a woman who could shoot the stuff with strangers, roll with the punches, who could talk to anyone. Whitney could do that much better than him, and she took the first opportunity to show him that she's that kind of woman by suggesting they crash a wedding.

She also didnt have the major red flags of believing in aliens, being a widow, being a nitwit, being a flip flopper. She also didnt strip naked at the lake and didnt engage in sexual innuendo. She was smart, had a career which requires lots of responsibility, unlike many of the others there. She also didnt engage in gossip, she is from the countryside, and she was willing to move back there for him!

This was an A+ chick.

And he just let her go? How is he going to find another one?

You are so right. I think by the time winter rolls around it is going to get awfully quiet on the farm.
I might also add that she is the only one that had the maturity to be in a serious relationship.
She complimented what I perceived to be his desire to continue to be in the spotlight to promote the farming industry - not his own stardom.
When they were interviewed together, she always had great and thoughtful responses. She made him look good.

In answer to your question, he won't.

BowenAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:18 pm

That was a wasted opportunity. That also means the whole time he was saying he was looking for his wife, he was lying. Could that be possible?

Chris H was always saying how Chris S was the most sincere bachelor he had never met.

Ahahaha hahahaha If Chris S only wanted fame from the start, that would make Chris H the worst judge or character ever, or Chris S is the best actor ever.
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Male Posts : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:45 pm

IWouldMarryAshleyI wrote:That was a wasted opportunity. That also means the whole time he was saying he was looking for his wife, he was lying. Could that be possible?

Chris H was always saying how Chris S was the most sincere bachelor he had never met.

Ahahaha hahahaha If Chris S only wanted fame from the start, that would make Chris H the worst judge or character ever, or Chris S is the best actor ever.

I don't know what Chris really wanted but it doesn't necessarily mean he was lying about looking for a wife. It could just mean that he didn't find her on the show. Whitney may have met his checklist on paper, but if that special something was missing, she wasn't the one...just the one that came closest. Unfortunate, but such is life.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

+114
Cameron2
mysthelma
bluwavz
northernviewer
mizzoufan