SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Page 65 of 70 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

advocare - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 65 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 1:43 am

I just saw this and felt the need to bring it to the discussion thread. I feel this woman states perfectly how judging a person based solely on what we see on SM or a TV show can misrepresent who they really are.  She just spent time with Josh and was obviously so impressed with him that she devoted two IG posts to him.

advocare - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 65 Instap10

meganleighland
2 hours ago
1 of 2 posts @joshmurray11 Some people want fame & fortune while others just want to make a significant difference in the lives of others on a daily basis. The biggest thing in life that I've learned is, perception is not reality. Some may know Josh as the former bachelor who won on the bachelorette, others may know him as an incredible athlete, or because of his extremely talented & caring family, I for one, feel blessed to know him now as my friend. But for whatever way you may know of him, I believe to truly know Josh, for Josh, is to know his heart, by watching his eyes get big & light up when he speaks about the things he is most passionate about & the activities & people who hold the most value to him. Prior to this week, I didn't know who Josh was other than what little I heard from others. He is very down to earth, you'd never know he had done so much or was so well known just by talking to him other than all the attention he receives when out publicly. Standing beside Josh on any given day, you will see many flocking around him, asking questions, people sharing special family moments they shared cheering him or his family on, or others asking for pictures & autographs. However, you will never see a cocky or arrogant nature about him. In fact, it's the total & complete opposite. He always has a smile a mile wide across his face as he takes the time & truly engages in every conversation he has with anyone who approaches him even if while eating or just trying to relax, he won't turn anyone away. Although others praise his talents or achievements, he does not draw attention to himself but puts the attention & praise back on the other individual whom he is speaking with. He is always full of thanks & gratitude. He is never looking for an ego boost or putting himself out there for recognition. If you listen only for a few minutes to what he expresses, you will quickly catch onto his heart, his passion to help others & desire to make a difference in someone's life. He is involved, along with his brother & family, in multiple charities that have stolen his heart, along with his strong connection, love, & devotion for his family.
meganleighland
3 hours ago
2 of 2
There are some people who stand out in a crowd, one's that when you look at them you can tell that they will be a difference maker & leave an impact on every persons life they come in contact with. A person who is not cocky, but confident in themselves, that knows who they are & what they are about & then humbly goes & lives their life that way & to its fullest. Josh is one of those unique & rare individuals.
Although I haven't known Josh long, it's evident to see that possibly the perception some may have of him, is not reality at all. When you just perceive a person or situation without truly taking the time to know for yourself, it is easy for a person to grow jealous, envious or even put others down for their accomplishments & make all kinds of assumptions about a persons true character. Personally, I am happy for him, his success, & his heart to help others. He may be in a position where he is well recognized & his name well known, but he is not self seeking, he is selfless. He has a platform to do great things that'll only increase the value of & the joy of other people's lives along his journey. Not many people can be in the spotlight yet remain so humble & at his core truly, truly loves caring for others. God bless you on your journey & future success my friend. @joshmurray11 #perception #leader #humble #bachelor #Advocare #success #faithfamilyfitness #family #friendship #lifestyle #joshmurray

Last edited by Laudergirl on Sat May 16, 2015 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

advocare - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 65 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 2:39 am

******Edited*****

Well, about the judgement thing, it's actually both sides.
We all don't know Josh in person, so saying he's good or bad by the impression we had from what we seen on tv is, indeed the same.

I'm basing my comments on a TV character, and what I want to see in a TV character.
I'm not judging him a person, and he just doesn't interest me to bear a whole season.

Last edited by peggy0221 on Sat May 16, 2015 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 2:46 am

And IMO, judging by someone's IG comment is no difference than on tv.
It's still through someone else glass.

Laudergirl, I think Josh is a good guy, no doubt about it and I mentioned that a few time. But I just don't want to see him on my tv. **edited** I think it's not necessarily mean judging a person, it's more about personal preference.
I guess you did mention what u seen in kaitlyn too, so it's the same.

**edited**

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 10:32 am

Reread my post. I never said that I don't like Kaitlyn.  I said that I don't think she's serious about settling down or marrying her F1 at the end of this, and yes, that is an assumption on my part.  It's also an assumption on my part that Josh is serious about settling down, so I feel we would be more likely to see a love story with him as the lead vs. just simple entertainment. That is my opinion.  That was the comparison I made between the two.  I never said that I didn't like Kaitlyn as a person. I actually love her sense of humor and wit.

As far as being judgemental, I think it's fair to say that we all tend to be. My last post was simply an example of one woman who after spending time with Josh found him to be very different than what she felt the general perception of him was. I liked what she had to say and brought it over. People will still have their own opinions based on what they see on SM and TV. That will never change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgia Lindsay Sat May 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Laudergirl wrote:
Reread my post. I never said that I don't like Kaitlyn.  I said that I don't think she's serious about settling down or marrying her F1 at the end of this, and yes, that is an assumption on my part.  It's also an assumption on my part that Josh is serious about settling down, so I feel we would be more likely to see a love story with him as the lead vs. just simple entertainment. That is my opinion.  That was the comparison I made between the two.  I never said that I didn't like Kaitlyn as a person. I actually love her sense of humor and wit.

As far as being judgemental, I think it's fair to say that we all tend to be. My last post was simply an example of one woman who after spending time with Josh found him to be very different than what she felt the general perception of him was. I liked what she had to say and brought it over. People will still have their own opinions based on what they see on SM and TV. That will never change.
clapping! thumbsup  Thanks for bringing over the IG comments and cute pictures.

Those of us who actually met and know Josh and his family, can attest that he really is a good guy, goofy/nerdy sense of humor (as shown on the graduation vid), a religious man, who loves people, his family, friends and Sabel.

Also, he really does want to fall in love, get married and have kids. The one he was engaged to on the show, wasn't who he thought once real life set in, too many different huge life values.

Josh is far from perfect, but he's a good man, and any girl who marries him, will be very lucky.  

**Edited** just wanted to commend Lauderdale for the hard work and support of Josh **edited**

Georgia Lindsay

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat May 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Nice to see you back Georgia! Thanks for your information on Josh. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Sat May 16, 2015 7:21 pm

I'm not discounting that Josh is a good person either. He was my favorite from last season and probably is my most favorite male cast member to date. However, having gone on the show found love and lost it so publicly, I really cannot see reason in wanting to go back and face that same kind of public scrutiny. In order for a relationship to thrive, it is better to keep it private, and IMO, being on TV is more detrimental for a relationship to thrive than being off camera. So in my opinion, I think it's his best interest to find love the "natural" way. But then maybe he is a gambler...
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 16, 2015 7:34 pm

I would think he would have oodles and oodles of lovely, charming, good hearted women to choose from either from other philanthropic interests, church or family. Why oh why, would he need this franchise?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sat May 16, 2015 7:41 pm

^ I would think he also meets a lot of women through his Advocare work.  Must be one in the pool of women he meets the old fashioned way.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat May 16, 2015 8:09 pm

Josh could certainly find someone on his own without the shows help, but it would be no different than any other lead in the past nor would it be any different than Nick who is on the bachelorette again for two seasons in a row now.

At least Josh has never complained about the attention the show brought him like others who have and went back on a different season. He seemingly never complained about talking to fans that went up to him asking for pictures and he's really only done good with the attention that was placed on him. Even with the break up he stayed relatively quiet.

If he wanted to do it, I would say more power to him. He would be the lead and would be the one making the choices and would not have to deal with the constant interrogation he had on the bachelorette. I obviously like Josh, but I personally prefer a new person each season and it looks like there are a couple of potential candidates on Kaitlyn's season, so I would think one of them would be the lead.

I think Josh is seemingly a good guy with good values. If it's okay for others to go on the show more than once then I don't think it should be any different for Josh IMO. Regardless, real life is always better than a reality television show.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Reminder:
This is NOT a fan thread. It is a discussion thread. 
We do not discuss other members on this forum. That is not the forum's purpose. Thank you.
For details please review our site rules.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by athensgal67 Sat May 16, 2015 9:32 pm

**edited** Bravo to Laudergirl for sharing! ! As much as I loved watching Josh on the show because of the familiarity,  it bugged me too because, IMO, the editing made him who they needed him to be instead of showing the broad scope of his personality, character and values. As much as, IMO, I know Josh would be a fantastic Bachelor,  I also agree that he definitely will have plenty of opportunities to meet someone on his own.  I just hope and pray that if he is offered the opportunity, and accepts, that he will have plenty of influence in not only the casting but the way he is edited.  In closing, I truly believe,  just like Megan said, that Josh is one of those people who is just meant to make a difference in this world. Those of us who are lucky enough to be on the sidelines watching are the blessed and lucky ones. I can't do anything about those who are still skeptical except to steal one of Josh's lines and say, "Come join...come join!" I, for one, can assure you will be glad you did. **edited**

Last edited by athensgal67 on Tue May 19, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
athensgal67
athensgal67

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 70 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

+79
Beagle
chloep
Stacia620
officeRules
Bet2Win