SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

Post by quietpal Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:34 pm

And every season there will be a couple who have fans, until it doesn't work out jmo. That's what makes this fun for me. Seeing the different opinions and getting different perspectives on a highly scripted, edited show.
Btw, I'm Rolling Eyes on having 2 ettes next season. Bad idea.

quietpal

Back to top Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

Post by Jolena Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:42 pm

2observe wrote:
sfrank wrote:
FLChica wrote:
I agree I don't know why we are surprised when this has been the premise of the show for 20+ seasons. The last two seasons TPTB have been able to actually produce two shocking ATRF shows. We had the Juan Pablo refusal to say I love drama followed by Nick confessing to doing the deed with MeandI in the FS.

TPTB must be so disappointed that this time all we saw was a newly engaged couple in love, eager to start their new life. Their Bachelor was a gentleman to his F2 even with CH pushing him to say it was just chemistry. The F2 finished playing her role as a believer in love and "the process" of the show. Boring, right? At least TPTB can plot & scheme to make BIP and the next 'ette show a dramafest!

Chris & Whitney will remain under contract to TPTB for a very long time. Hopefully they will continue to pick & choose when to toe the party line and when to bit the hand that feeds them.

Chris' contract requires that he show up and make appearences on behalf of the show.

It does not require him to keep telling people he didn't decide until shortly before the FRC that it was going to be Whitney.  It does not require him to say that he told his family certain things about his feelings for Becca that made them think he would pick her.  It does not require that he continue to vigioursly defend his feelings and the connection he had with Becca when asked if it was just "the chase" and wanting something he couldnt have.

He could easily downplay his feelings or use the outs he has been giving him to make the woman at his side, his fiancé, feel special. He's not. He saying these things because it's the truth.
Chris S still has to keep with company line(lies) during interviews.  

:claphands :yes: He does.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Some season I see the "thing" between the lead and F1, some other times not. No big deal. For me, the guessing game ends at the FRC.
Sometimes I am fooled by the edit, sometimes not. No big deal.
I usually don't even stay on the board discussing the new couple since I usually don't care.

But not this time.
I saw something at the ATFR that caught my attention and is unusual.
That's the only reason why I stayed here discussing it on this board.
I don't believe in this fairy tale they tried to show us with a "happy" newly engaged couple.
Usually the debacle comes a few weeks/ months later.
This time I was really surprised to see a newly engaged man "disengaged" from his fiancée in his body language
And on the contrary very protective of his feelings for the one he let go...
scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:51 pm

quietpal wrote:And every season there will be a couple who have fans, until it doesn't work out jmo. That's what makes this fun for me. Seeing the different opinions and getting different perspectives on a highly scripted, edited show.
Btw, I'm Rolling Eyes on having 2 ettes next season. Bad idea.
I know. whts up with the 2 bachelorette thing Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:02 pm

2observe wrote:Imo, the only reason Becca wasn't let go at F3 was because TPTB wanted Kaitlyn for consideration to be the next Bachelorette.  I do think that Chris was trying to get Becca to open up so that she could be considered for becoming the next Bachelorette.

I thought Chris was trying to get Becca to say " I love you" so TPTB could get the drama out of it for ATFR . The leads job is to get the F2 to be at the same point as the F1 . Chris H said in an interview that TPTB discusses having Becca be the bachelorette but they felt she just wasen't ready. So it's possible that Chris was trying to get her to open up more for that reason. I would have loved to have seen Becca get the lead.
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:03 pm

There was an article that I read recently that said there is a study that can predict that a relationship will last.  It said that if the couple looks for ways to be kind to each other and responds in kind ways they are more likely to last.  I noticed that in the interviews how kind they are to each other.  Even in the hard questions, Whitney always turned to a kind answer or choice.  I see Chris doing that too for Whitney.  He says so many kind things about her, even when talking about her being a light sleeper and him a deep sleeper.  It was said in kindness, by both.  That was one of the things that I noticed about Josh and Andi in their interviews, there were some personal digs.  (Such as eating with his mouth open, etc.). They did not laugh it off either.  
Also I like how Chris and Whitney leaned toward each other and touched shoulders.  That is a sign of connection and a more mature relationship. As for him saying nice things about Becca, if he became negative he would get criticized for that.  He is trying to take the high road.  That is the way I am taking it. He is making it clear that he is not the man that could make her happy and he did not see a future with her.

Last edited by Eviebloom on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:04 pm

sde1041 wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:^^^^  Hahaha!  At this point opinions will not be swayed.  Either you saw the love between Whit and chris or Chris and Becca.  Same for past seasons.  Some saw the love between Josh and Andi and knew Nick was a non-factor.  Same thing with each season imo.  ;)

I think at this point most will agree that time will tell.  I wish the final couple the best.  Smiley

Difference is...at the ATFR , Andi totally downplayed her connection with Nick and was all over Josh.
This time the dynamic is sooooooo different !
So no, not the same this time around.

I happen to agree but was just using the example that some did not see the love between Josh and Andi.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by onlyme Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:18 pm

I have said before I think C&W are more private than I first thought.  It almost appears at times they want to just move on, but also realize they need to still keep up with the company lines.  This is something JPG didn't understand and wouldn't do, look where that got him!  Time will tell but I think they are doing things right now that shows me they want to make this work.

Last edited by onlyme on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

onlyme

Female Posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:38 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
sde1041 wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:^^^^  Hahaha!  At this point opinions will not be swayed.  Either you saw the love between Whit and chris or Chris and Becca.  Same for past seasons.  Some saw the love between Josh and Andi and knew Nick was a non-factor.  Same thing with each season imo.  ;)

I think at this point most will agree that time will tell.  I wish the final couple the best.  Smiley

Difference is...at the ATFR , Andi totally downplayed her connection with Nick and was all over Josh.

I happen to agree but was just using the example that some did not see the love between Josh and Andi.  

Andi had to downplay Nick since she slept with him. She was downplaying him for Josh just as much as she was to the audience. Rather a revisionist of what happened. I don't see Chris doing that. He is acknowledging his feelings for Becca. He doesn't have to hide anything since he clearly didn't have sex with the virgin. It has been my experience that mature couples, confident in their relationship don't have to be all over each other to prove to others they have a strong relationship. There is no necessity for over the top PDA or reaffirming their relationship constantly on SM. I see a big difference in the maturity levels between these two couples. Time will tell if they will work, but just because they are not all over each other does not mean they are not serious in their relationship. Look how all that worked out for Andi and Josh.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:57 pm

Sprite wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:
sde1041 wrote:

Andi had to downplay Nick since she slept with him. She was downplaying him for Josh just as much as she was to the audience. Rather a revisionist of what happened. I don't see Chris doing that. He is acknowledging his feelings for Becca. He doesn't have to hide anything since he clearly didn't have sex with the virgin. It has been my experience that mature couples, confident in their relationship don't have to be all over each other to prove to others they have a strong relationship. There is no necessity for over the top PDA or reaffirming their relationship constantly on SM. I see a big difference in the maturity levels between these two couples. Time will tell if they will work, but just because they are not all over each other does not mean they are not serious in their relationship. Look how all that worked out for Andi and Josh.

So true ! ITA
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Eviebloom wrote:There was an article that I read recently that said there is a study that can predict that a relationship will last.  It said that if the couple looks for ways to be kind to each other and responds in kind ways they are more likely to last.  I noticed that in the interviews how kind they are to each other.  Even in the hard questions, Whitney always turned to a kind answer or choice.  I see Chris doing that too for Whitney.  He says so many kind things about her, even when talking about her being a light sleeper and him a deep sleeper.  It was said in kindness, by both.  That was one of the things that I noticed about Josh and Andi in their interviews, there were some personal digs.  (Such as eating with his mouth open, etc.). They did not laugh it off either.  
Also I like how Chris and Whitney leaned toward each other and touched shoulders.  That is a sign of connection and a more mature relationship. As for him saying nice things about Becca, if he became negative he would get criticized for that.  He is trying to take the high road.  That is the way I am taking it. He is making it clear that he is not the man that could make her happy and he did not see a future with her.
I must have miss this interview. Can you provide a link that interview? Thanks.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:16 pm

This article from Cosmo on the most cringe-worthy moments made me LOL; I agree with most of it and find that its the overwhelming consensus from a lot of the stuff I've read over the last few days...

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a37522/cringe-worthy-moments-from-the-bachelor-finale/

A few nuggets for you...

When Chris's tear ducts were bone dry:
During his proposal to Whitney, a dry Chris tried to contort his eyeballs in any way possible that might drum up some emotion. Instead he just looked like he was trying to suppress a nuclear sneeze.

When Chris maybe just sniffed Becca's hair?:

This episode all but bought a neon flashing sign that said, "He's only picking Whitney because she's the sure thing." And it got worse during After The Final Rose: Chris hemmed and hawed when asked if he'd have chosen differently if Becca had choked out an "I love you," and then when Becca came out, Chris hugged her so long and hard that we're pretty sure he was committing her smell and feel to memory. He then proceeded to lean into her so hard that even Sheryl Sandberg would be like, "Never mind, lean out. Way out."

When Whitney seemed completely unable to SELL this:

On "After the Final Rose," we also learned that Whitney hasn't watched this season at all. Which probably isn't a bad strategy — except she asserted that she's completely cool with this while gulping insecurely, and during her ensuing monlogue about how confident she feels in their relationship, Chris stared straight at the floor. Between that and his body language with Becca: We have concerns.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

+96
elyn
Ash2214
oishioishi
RealityEscape
iamreal2u
Jolena
crazyjaney78
sopearl
George1218
onlyme
Linds911