SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion

Page 40 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - Page 40 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:42 pm

lurker11 wrote:I feel like I should add that I don't think him having another job makes him disingenuous, I think it makes him smart.  It's another job in agriculture when crop prices can't always be relied on.

ETA: Stuck, in simple terms yes. But he's doing the same thing for himself when he's buying up land for his farms as well.

A good work ethic speaks for itself. If he is able to do 8 jobs and does all well, good.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - Page 40 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:52 pm

lurker11 wrote:I feel like I should add that I don't think him having another job makes him disingenuous, I think it makes him smart.  It's another job in agriculture when crop prices can't always be relied on.

ETA: Stuck, in simple terms yes, I have super mixed feelings bout Bruce. But Chris is doing the same thing for himself when he's buying up land for his farms as well and i'd assume wants to have as much land as Bruce.

My FIL has a farm and a small business that used to be tv repair and is now mostly dish installation. He said it was always good to have a backup for the bad years. It was actually MILs family farm, but most will be sold off when they pass as neither son wanted to farm, my hubbie doesn't even like planting me a small garden.

The loss of the family farm is a real hot button issue.

If Chris wants to succeed in more than Iowa politics he needs to pay more attention to how to treat a lady. A few of us Southern gals have not been impressed with his lack of being a gentleman post show.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:14 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
A good work ethic speaks for itself. If he is able to do 8 jobs and does all well, good.
Nothing wrong with a person that embraces hard work! yes
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:25 pm

I think it is easy to understand why, once a ring is put on a finger it means something, but in the case of the Bach/ette it really only means that they are "going steady" like we did in my day. The only place this doesn't apply is in MAFS. We, myself included, often get carried into the fairytale of the Cinderella story and want and maybe expect the wedding, but in reality these two people are just dating with a very expensive ring included. If, Whitney is for Chris or not is something that only time will decide as we have seen over and over. I "saw" the connection at the wedding crasher date and was unspoiled until I saw it, then checked RS to see if he had announced his f1. I think the maturity of both is solidly on their sides but I will wait til the invites are out.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenAnderson Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Somewhere on here people were talking about Michelle Money's live stream with interviews with Samantha, Jillian, Ashley S, and Ashley I. They were discussing the show and Whitney and Chris. I watched the session (it was long). Several things that struck me:
They thought it was funny how they thought that Whitney would end up being take the lead in speaking for them. Which they thought would be good. Smiley
They thought they were a great match and would make it.
Ashley S. is not crazy
Ashley I spoke highly of Whitney...editing
They were all close friends (4 of those ladies)
They said that they had know idea of W/C connection, but when watching the season they were blown away. Knew it would be her.
W was really quiet, kind and well put together
They talked about the show "script" and how spliced and diced everything was
Ashley S did not want to speak badly of Kelsey, felt sorry for her
Jillian is a smart, conservative news junkie. Had been a news producer for Fox, she and Chris had had several long political conversations.

Anyway it was pretty cool. I watched because someone on here had said that they had thought he was way more in to F2. I did not hear that in anything they said. Smiley Again, people hear what they want to hear.

BowenAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:33 pm

BowenAnderson wrote:Somewhere on here people were talking about Michelle Money's live stream with interviews with Samantha, Jillian, Ashley S, and Ashley I.  They were discussing the show and Whitney and Chris. I watched the session (it was long).  Several things that struck me:  
They thought it was funny how they thought that Whitney would end up being take the lead in speaking for them. Which they thought would be good. Smiley
Ashley S. is not crazy
They said that they had know idea of W/C connection, but when watching the season they were blown away.  Knew it would be her.
Jillian is a smart, conservative news junkie.  Had been a news producer for Fox, she and Chris had had several long political conversations.

Anyway it was pretty cool.  I watched because someone on here had said that they had thought he was way more in to F2.  I did not hear that in anything they said. Smiley  Again, people hear what they want to hear.

Hmmm...I don't know how important their opinions are, since I don't think they are as close to Becca/Whitney as Kaitlyn and Carly were, but I definitely heard things suggesting he was more into Becca, but that he NEEDED someone like Whitney.

- MM says that she got the impression that Whitney was rigid, knows exactly what to say, and read the book on "how to win the bachelor". Ashley I says she understands why MM thought that, felt like her facial expressions didn't reflect her true feelings, and that's why her relationship with Whitney was strained for a while.
- MM continues and says that something about how controlled Whitney is makes it seem like Whitney/Chris just do not seem natural and organic. Samantha responds by saying that Whitney had a journal, where she would write down every single thing, she was really worried about staying or going, and had it listed out who was going to win.  
- Ashley S. does say she truly thinks that they are going to last. She says that Whitney is smitten over him and Chris doesn't feel that same excitement towards her, but sometimes you can't see what you need. You learn to love the things that you sometimes don't want.
- Ashley I says that Whitney loves him, will love him forever and ever, BUT she has a hesitation right now. 24 hours ago, she would have said that they would have lasted. Now, she thinks (possibly blinded by edit) that he cared more about Becca.
- Jillian doesn't answer the question - thinks it must be weird to watch where "he's still kind of in love with Becca" and that their lives aren't typical because of DWTS and the change to the farm which puts a lot of pressure on a relationship.

ETA:
- Ashley I says she really wonders what would have happened if Becca seemed more willing to say ILY and commit right there. Ashley S agrees and says a lot would have changed if that happened.
- MM asked Ashley S what the dynamic between Chris/Becca since she was at the ATFR: Ashley S says that because Chris had grown up in a small town and hadn't had that much experience meeting girls, so for him to meet that many girls and see a rare jewel like Becca, he really admired her and she just didn't expect it; thinks that he still feels pretty much the same way towards her as when he said good-bye.

Last edited by chasingpavements on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:44 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
Hmmm...I don't know how important their opinions are, since I don't think they are as close to Becca/Whitney as Kaitlyn and Carly were, but I definitely heard things suggesting he was more into Becca, but that he NEEDED someone like Whitney.

- MM says that she got the impression that Whitney was rigid, knows exactly what to say, and read the book on "how to win the bachelor". Ashley I says she understands why MM thought that, felt like her facial expressions didn't reflect her true feelings, and that's why her relationship with Whitney was strained for a while.
- MM continues and says that something about how controlled Whitney is makes it seem like Whitney/Chris just do not seem natural and organic. Samantha responds by saying that Whitney had a journal, where she would write down every single thing, she was really worried about staying or going, and had it listed out who was going to win.  
- Ashley S. does say she truly thinks that they are going to last. She says that Whitney is smitten over him and Chris doesn't feel that same excitement towards her, but sometimes you can't see what you need. You learn to love the things that you sometimes don't want.
- Ashley I says that Whitney loves him, will love him forever and ever, BUT she has a hesitation right now. 24 hours ago, she would have said that they would have lasted. Now, she thinks (possibly blinded by edit) that he cared more about Becca.
- Jillian doesn't answer the question - thinks it must be weird to watch where "he's still kind of in love with Becca" and that their lives aren't typical because of DWTS and the change to the farm which puts a lot of pressure on a relationship.
Thanks for posting this. It is exactly what was said (almost a transcript) and when I watched the session everything the girls said just confirmed a lot of what was seen. Whit's own bio said she prefers to chase a man so perhaps she is happy and will be happy to continue to do that. To each their own.

As I posted somewhere else, just like those that are on the show and the lead/F1 have to wean themselves out of the 'bubble' so do viewers (whether fans of the F1 or F2) need to wean themselves out of the bubble, so to speak.

Viewers watching the show get sucked into the bubble themselves especially if they watch it for a love story (whether lead & F1 or lead & non-F1). Which is why, often times what can be seen as red flags will be justified away until a later date when those excused-red-flags become "Aha!!!" moments of clarity that there really was something wrong/right there. It happens in real life and after this show (Andy and Josh are one example of red-flags becoming "Aha" moments) where hindsight is 20:20.

So, until time has passed, and Chris is no longer on DWTS and one can actually see Whit and Chris have a relationship post-Bach/DWTS, it is unlikely that fans will see red flags as real or non-fans see the relationship as completely real. Time will reveal the truth. When it comes to all things bachelor-related, this is always the case.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:02 pm

^^Good posts, good points. Beware the bubble: I need to remind myself of that with each new season.

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:29 pm

FLChica wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
Nothing wrong with a person that embraces hard work! yes

yep! Pretty funny with Chris' latest AfterBuzz interview he said working all the hours on Bachelor was no big deal ... just all the drama and emotion was exhausting. Said same about DWTS ... putting in the long hours is easy for him while getting the moves was the tough part.

He and Whitney both seem to be really hard working and committed to being successful in their chosen fields. IMO they seem to have a similar vibe/stamina and focus.

From all that I read, I fully expect him to return to farming and consulting work in/around Iowa. I also can see Whitney always keeping the doors open to her field ... even after she has children.  

I have yet to see a red flag for these two.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:27 pm

Chris is becoming more comfortable during interviews now and it's interesting to hear from him facts about what's happened in the four months since filming ended. It's fun to speculate about what we think, wish or hope happened but facts are always a good thing. yes

AllAboutLove mentioned that viewers can get sucked into the bubble while viewing and may need to wean themselves out of the bubble. Maybe hearing what Chris says will be helpful.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:45 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
BowenAnderson wrote:Somewhere on here people were talking about Michelle Money's live stream with interviews with Samantha, Jillian, Ashley S, and Ashley I.  They were discussing the show and Whitney and Chris. I watched the session (it was long).  Several things that struck me:  
Ashley S. is not crazy
They said that they had know idea of W/C connection, but when watching the season they were blown away.  Knew it would be her.
Jillian is a smart, conservative news junkie.  Had been a news producer for Fox, she and Chris had had several long political conversations.

Anyway it was pretty cool.  I watched because someone on here had said that they had thought he was way more in to F2.  I did not hear that in anything they said. Smiley  Again, people hear what they want to hear.

ETA:
- Ashley I says she really wonders what would have happened if Becca seemed more willing to say ILY and commit right there. Ashley S agrees and says a lot would have changed if that happened.
- MM asked Ashley S what the dynamic between Chris/Becca since she was at the ATFR: Ashley S says that because Chris had grown up in a small town and hadn't had that much experience meeting girls, so for him to meet that many girls and see a rare jewel like Becca, he really admired her and she just didn't expect it; thinks that he still feels pretty much the same way towards her as when he said good-bye.  

Does anybody actually listen to MM?
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:44 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
Ashley S. is not crazy

ETA:

Chris went to a University - it's not like he has never been around "girls". There would have been plenty of girls at Iowa State - it has an enrollment of 30,000+.

I think it is important to remember that these four women (Samantha, Ashley I, Ashley S and Jillian) were all pretty much gone by the time the relationship with Becca really started developing. They saw what we saw and are making their comments based on that. Look how off they admit being about Chris' relationship with Whitney! They admit to having no clue that it was that strong. I would take their observations with a grain of salt....
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion

+78
leselihau
mercieme
yrkiemommy
lipsis
bachfangal