SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 76 of 77 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

marriedatfirstsight - Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 76 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by jlccaz Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:45 pm

He's a PsyD.  Not a medical doctor.  Just to be precise.  My sibling has this degree and profession -- Cilona is a therapist (licensed clinical psychologist).  And by the way, though a PsyD is licensed and qualified to handle personality and other psychology tests, I actually think Dr. C now that I have focused on his credentials was probably over his head in terms of expertise.  He is not a ph.D. or psychiatrist. They absolutely have training and qualifications to perform and use these assessments, don't misunderstand, but using them correctly is very complex as he indicates. Ay any rate, we aren't talking about a Ph.D from a highly ranked university program here.

Moving on. My real observation relates to the cast and the experts and what is the most important quality they ALL share: the willingness to be filmed, and observed in day to day life or interviews, on television.  The most important personality trait for this show is (like The Bachelor) the willingness to be produced and filmed in your personal life, and authorizing the television company to edit the film footage anyway they like.  Obviously, unlike The Bachelor, the matched participants here have also signed broad waivers allowing therapist and other experts to go on camera and take to internet message boards to discuss personal interactions with the counselors/therapists on and off camera. That boldness takes a very unusual person. And it was true last year as well:
Jason -- wrestling
Cortney -- makeup and burlesque
Jamie -- nurse wanting to be TV announcer
Doug -- stand up comedy

These are not corrupt motives, don't misunderstand me.  They just explain why some of these folks would agree to Arranged Marriage to a Stranger, Filmed, Edited, Aired, including no privacy to conversations with therapists etc.  The LEADING trait for everyone is not "why would you marry a stranger" but rather "why are you willing to be filmed in your personal life for a TV show."

The same is true of the four "experts."  They have a reason and are the types to be willing to go on TV and talk about people (who signed releases) whom they are counseling more or less, judging from the posted internet descriptions and the filmed time together.   

For my tastes, and given that he is a PsyD and therapist, "Dr. C" is way too involved posting on internet message boards and twitter, etc., super-invested in his own "casting"/matching decisions.  He is posting personally, extensively, and agreeing to be interviewed by viewers with blogs to get a story out -- that always ends up being about Dr. C and how he is smarter than everyone, and how he has already thought of everything, etc.  It creeps me out how willing he is to exploit the broad waivers and disclaimers these contestants signed to reveal his own conversations with them, all to the end/purpose of saving his own reputation.  I liked him last season and found his board posts provided useful context.  Now I think he is more charlatan in the "experiment" than scientist.  There I said it.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

marriedatfirstsight - Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 76 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by SaucyMommy Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:45 pm

I believe marriage and divorce documents are all searchable. However, don't they have to wait to file until the season is over. I recall that the divorce wasn't finalized until well after the show aired.

SaucyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:48 pm

I don't know, call me naïve but what is out in the public domain is fine but, just my opinion here, I am not enjoying the disparaging of Sean. I don't particularly care for either Sean or Davina base solely upon the actions I have seen on TV.

Please understand this, any and all have a right to post whatever they want as long as it does not violate the TOS of the forum.

Speaking personally, words can and do hurt others and it just seems to me that some of the words on this forum may actually hurt Sean and his professional life. I almost feel like it is, to a degree, bullying. It is even easy due to the relative anonymity of the boards. Yes, indeed anyone on a reality TV show should know what to expect in terms of their privacy, but as I have said previously, often times, thinking you understand and actually understanding via experience are two different things. Ask and Bach or B'ette.

What I do know about nurses in general, is that they don't go into it to become rich, or because it is a glamorous, they go into it because they genuinely care about people and want to help them when ill. It takes a special person to do that day in and day out and some of the descriptions I have read seem at great odds with these qualities. I understand that he may not be the most popular guy in town, and I think we all have gotten at least a glimpse of some things that make us wonder about the both of them with out the added dialogue. Of course as indicated this is just my thinking and everyone that follows the rules has that same right. JMO>
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by SaucyMommy Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:55 pm

I totally agree. I don't think anyone from his work place should be going to his director and asking if he's taking his position. That seems rather drastic to prove a point that he may or may not be fabricating a tale of a promotion. I don't anything about Sean other than what I've seen. I noticed from week 1 to this current week the tone has dramatically changed. He has all but checked out. I do think he may have had some issues with the cameras, moving, anxiety, and what it meant to be in the experiment itself. I don't think he's behaved in a way on the show that warrants all his secrets be on display either. However, I have found him to be hard to watch at times, dull and at times playing his role as the insufferable nurse and victim of bullying to be a bit much. I find the match of the two of them to be horrible. I think the doctors and experts made a huge mistake with this match. They are two personalities that are very polarizing and together they are like the putting together the same ends of a magnet - they don't stick.

SaucyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:21 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:I don't know, call me naïve but what is out in the public domain is fine but, just my opinion here, I am not enjoying the disparaging of Sean.  I don't particularly care for either Sean or Davina base solely upon the actions I have seen on TV.  

Please understand this, any and all have a right to post whatever they want as long as it does not violate the TOS of the forum.

Speaking personally, words can and do hurt others and it just seems to me that some of the words on this forum may actually hurt Sean and his professional life.   I almost feel like it is, to a degree, bullying. It is even easy due to the relative anonymity of the boards. Yes, indeed anyone on a reality TV show should know what to expect in terms of their privacy, but as I have said previously, often times, thinking you understand and actually understanding via experience are two different things.  Ask and Bach or B'ette.

What I do know about nurses in general, is that they don't go into it to become rich, or because it is a glamorous, they go into it because they genuinely care about people and want to help them when ill.  It takes a special person to do that day in and day out and some of the descriptions I have read seem at great odds with these qualities.  I understand that he may not be the most popular guy in town, and I think we all have gotten at least a glimpse of some things that make us wonder about the both of them with out the added dialogue.  Of course as indicated this is just my thinking and everyone that follows the rules has that same right. JMO>

GREAT POST!!  ITA!   Good Post  I agree  rock

Last edited by Steel2009 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:22 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:I don't know, call me naïve but what is out in the public domain is fine but, just my opinion here, I am not enjoying the disparaging of Sean.  I don't particularly care for either Sean or Davina base solely upon the actions I have seen on TV.  

Speaking personally, words can and do hurt others and it just seems to me that some of the words on this forum may actually hurt Sean and his professional life.   I almost feel like it is, to a degree, bullying. It is even easy due to the relative anonymity of the boards. Yes, indeed anyone on a reality TV show should know what to expect in terms of their privacy, but as I have said previously, often times, thinking you understand and actually understanding via experience are two different things.  Ask and Bach or B'ette.

What I do know about nurses in general, is that they don't go into it to become rich, or because it is a glamorous, they go into it because they genuinely care about people and want to help them when ill.  It takes a special person to do that day in and day out and some of the descriptions I have read seem at great odds with these qualities.  I understand that he may not be the most popular guy in town, and I think we all have gotten at least a glimpse of some things that make us wonder about the both of them with out the added dialogue.  Of course as indicated this is just my thinking and everyone that follows the rules has that same right. JMO>
rock
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:26 pm

monkeychow59 wrote:I remember reading somewhere, last season, that someone had found the divorce records for Monet and Vaughn, before we even knew about it on the show.  

Are NY divorce records made public?  Could we find out if any of these couples have divorced yet, via court records?  I tried some the other night, but wasn't having luck, not knowing where to look.

The divorce is not applied for until after the final show airs.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:07 pm

I don't know, I just can't bring myself to care for Sean's (or Davina's) professional lives. This is nothing that past Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants haven't been facing for years, that's the caveat of signing up for reality TV. There's 'dirt' on the net on most of these people and we've always discussed the good, bad, and the ugly - some more than others. Why is Sean any different?

marriedatfirstsight - Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 76 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by SaucyMommy Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:11 pm

I don't think he's different. I've seen many reality show people get dragged through the mud *edit*. I don't dislike him that much to actually say anything other than I really don't like that he has stubble all over his face and the chest hair poking over his shirt totally turns me off. rofl hehehe lolpanda

SaucyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:41 pm

red-cap33 wrote:Steel, you have to copy the whole URL, paste it into your address bar (on a new tab), remove the spaces I added to kill the link - spaces after the : and // and before the "org", then hit Enter. It should take you to archived pages showing a Joe Cilona, model. Sure looks like our guy.

I'm still catching up, but wanted to advise, we never post url's like this.

Copy the url, click the icon before the youtube icon, paste the link in the url box, you can give it a name in the box below, or leave it blank. Click insert. I will be deleting any more I see posted like that.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71487

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomshakalaka Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:56 pm

I think Davina and Sean are exhausting to watch and both have issues that need to be addressed.  However, the ugliness that has taken shape regarding these two, especially Sean, is really uncomfortable.  I understand they signed up for a reality tv show. *edit* While I believe where there's smoke there's fire, we have to remember we are only hearing one side of the story.

*edit*  I think that anyone who agrees to have their life filmed, edited and put on display for the world has a bit of narcissism in them, but I also feel the same way about people who post tons of selfies on their SM.

*edit* These are human beings with real emotions and real feelings. *editI*

Boomshakalaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:02 pm

^ I totally agree. *edit* The secrets have already been revealed.

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 77 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+58
momof2dogs
Notablogperson
crazychicken
mrbored
khany
Whistler
Mafs_fan_10
moonpie
whit90
bleuberry
aglaea