SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *NO SPOILERS* - FRC Ended - Now Contains Spoilers - Discussion

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *NO SPOILERS* - FRC Ended - Now Contains Spoilers  -  Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *NO SPOILERS* - FRC Ended - Now Contains Spoilers - Discussion

Post by alwaystulips Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Oh sparkler, I completely agree.  I just watched last night's episode and it was painful.  Ugh.  I think it might be the worst episode I've ever seen of this show and I've only missed a few since Trista's season.  The dates were gross.  There's no other word for it.  Gross.  Where is the humor, cuteness, romance?  Zero on all three counts.

The new low was the contestants "teaching" sex education to 9-10 year olds.  Was that even legal???  And the JJ/Clint supposed romance was ridiculous.  

I am trying to like Kaitlyn but honestly, I just don't get her. She tries to be all cute and funny, but I don't see any depth in her. And, I don't see someone interested in trying to find a husband, even though she must have said that four or five times last night.  And, the fact that it looks like she slept with someone before FS is a huge turnoff and completely disrespectful to the other guys.  I felt the same way when Ben had sex with Courtney early and stopped watching his season after that.

I'm going to try and stick it out through next episode because I want to see her interact with Nick, although I really don't like him.  As for other front runners, I see a couple she likes to kiss -- Jared, both Bens, Ian, Shawn B, but no meaningful conversation or real sparks.  

If it's not Nick, I think Jared may be the guy she slept with because she can't keep her hands off of him.  There is something weirdly intense about him.  When she gave the group rose date to Ben H, Jared gave a look like he could tear Ben's head off.  Something's up with him.  

I don't even know where they are going this season, but I'm really for some scenery, at least!  If you can't give me romance, humor or cuteness, throw me a bone with beautiful landscapes.  Dang, this is rough.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *NO SPOILERS* - FRC Ended - Now Contains Spoilers  -  Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *NO SPOILERS* - FRC Ended - Now Contains Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Katiebelle Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:51 pm

So I finally got round to watching episode 3 and to be honest I'm completely shocked. It's just so crazy :crazed danceround

Is this for real? Because it seems like it's scripted. It's like the producers are out to shock us. Where are all the getting to know you romantic dates? It's like they are trying to do a Bachelorette/fear factor crossover. Who has the balls to box, sumo, wrestle snakes and teach sex ed to a bunch of 9 year olds?

This is so very different from the NZ version and I'm not sure that I like it and can get behind the "love story".

That being said - yummy, yummy, yummy!  I am enjoying the very delicious men on this show. I had a look back at who I first thought was delish and I've changed my mind a little. Still love Ben Z but now loving Jared and Ben H  (reminds me of my hubby) but my all time fav is Shawn! What a gorgeous guy - inside and out. They are my picks for final 4. But I might change my mind next week!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:03 am

Katiebelle, I love Ben H too!  He is adorable and absolutely my favorite.  I can't really pick a F4 yet, but early on I think Ben H, Shawn B and Jared could all go far.  And, maybe Nick.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:34 am

alwaystulips wrote:Katiebelle, I love Ben H too!  He is adorable and absolutely my favorite.  I can't really pick a F4 yet, but early on I think Ben H, Shawn B and Jared could all go far.  And, maybe Nick.

Nick? Who's Nick? I can't remember there being a Nick.
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:54 am

Nick shows up next episode according to the previews.  He was the F2 last year on Andi's season and became controversial for questioning her on the live ATFR why she slept with him and then sent him home.  He's not one of my favorites, but it'll be interesting to see how Kaitlyn likes him.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:16 am

Thanks for that AlwaysTulips. I had no idea and almost went to the dark side and had a look in the spoiler section.

Why are they bringing in another guy? Do they normally do this or are they going for the shock value? I wonder how that is going to go down with th other guys? I bet they won't be happy!

The whole thing with JJ and Clinton seems a bit fishy - almost as if they are acting - how long have they been in the house? All these relationships seem to be turbo charged on super boost. Not sure how you can develop a meaningful lasting relationship this quickly.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:51 am

Yes, they often bring back someone from another season, e.g. Kacie B on Sean's season, Chris B on Andi's season, Shawntel on Ben's season but the lead usually sends them home the same episode.  It's to stir up drama, but it's always pretty lame.  I need to go back and watch the season preview, but I think I remember seeing Nick in multiple location shots, so I guess he stays awhile.  Ugh.  I had enough of him last year.  And, yes, I can imagine the other guys will not be too happy about it!  

JJ and Clint were there at the beginning, but I think that whole thing is scripted.  So fake sounding.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:45 pm

I appreciate your comments alwaystulips (and I always love your tulip pictures!) and katiebelle. I am feeling less alone in here. I don't know what it is about Jared but I don't get a good feeling from him either. I too was no longer interested in Ben's season after the ocean scene with Courtney but this season so far surpasses that. I always thought that Kaitlyn hid behind humor on Chris's season to avoid being intimate and now I see her as very immature in addition to avoiding intimacy. She reminds me of a young teenager is some ways. This is disappointing. I think Shawn is cute but none of the guys personalities are really being shown, and for a show that is so scripted supposedly there is no character development. That's why I don't really see any front runner or any interest in having a front runner from Kaitlyn.

I have heard CH say in interviews that he doesn't care what viewer's opinions are as long as they are watching but I have to think that they are going to lose fans after this season. I have to laugh (in retrospect) about the MF character in Unreal....that is just how I picture him. I have more interest in Unreal than in this season of the Bachelorette.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Oh my gosh I am not feeling too anxious to watch Monday's episode after reading this thread. Why would they have back to back wrestling dates?? Bummer to hear about Kaitlyn coming across so immature. I really enjoyed her on the Bachelor. Maybe she is better in small doses???

My daughter wants to let a few episodes stock up on our DVR and then watch in one sitting. Sounds like a plan so we can fast forward through a lot. I will weigh in here when we finally start watching again.

Just like SPARKLER wrote above, we're more interested in watching Unreal on Lifetime instead of Bachelorette in real time this summer ... probably more true to life! giggling
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:07 am

This is a NO SPOILER forum. Any discussions that relates to spoilers, or any other shows are discussed in General Discussion threads, Spoiler threads or that shows specific topic. Thanks.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71478

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SafronSahara Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:05 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:Oh my gosh I am not feeling too anxious to watch Monday's episode after reading this thread. Why would they have back to back wrestling dates?? Bummer to hear about Kaitlyn coming across so immature. I really enjoyed her on the Bachelor. Maybe she is better in small doses???

My daughter wants to let a few episodes stock up on our DVR and then watch in one sitting. Sounds like a plan so we can fast forward through a lot. I will weigh in here when we finally start watching again.

Just like SPARKLER wrote above, we're more interested in watching Unreal on Lifetime instead of Bachelorette in real time this summer ... probably more true to life! giggling

:yes: I think you hit the nail on the head there. Kaitlyn was likable as the commentator on Chris's season, but that hasn't translated well onto Kaityln's turn as the lead.
SafronSahara
SafronSahara

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:00 pm

So we broke down and watched June 1st episode last night.  Here are my thoughts:

- Sumo wrestling date ... it was amusing to see the pro wrestlers but surprised that TPTB had back-to-back combat dates with guys. But, I bet the guys would rather be doing this than acting like mimes (a la Andi's season). We FF through Tony's antics but happy to get a peak of Ian (no date  no ) who again acted so classy. I hope Ian is not a matter-of-time (MOT) guy and gets a date next week because he is very sexy. The other standout was Shawn because he reminds me of Ryan Gosling and seems normal enough.  

Bromance - IMO Clint and JJ became fast BFFs during the show just as many women become BFFs on the show. Producers noticed that they were spending a lot of time together and then prodded Clint, who actually looks like the late Heath Ledger, to say what he said after pumping him with drinks. And, voila: Brokeback Bachelor The two guys clearly are enjoying being the villains of the house and probably both are just gunning for screen time. JJ does nothing for me but Clint is just so gorgeous that I'll be happy to see him again on BIP2 cause I bet that's where he is heading if he gets the boot tonight.  

- Fear factor date - I actually enjoyed this date and would have been terrified so we were glued to the screen. Reminded me of repelling down a building date - with the shared experience supposed to bring them closer together - just like Andi did with Marcus. Actually, Ben Z reminds me a lot of Marcus ... just bigger and IMO better looking. He is a total doll and I can see him being top 4, for sure.

- Sex-ed date - Well, if the L.A. stage parents had no issues (no no ) having their child actor kids exposed to the sex ed discussion, I guess who am I to judge, right?! That said, I thought it was amusing for the most part, especially Joshua (the welder talking about tampons made for good TV) and Ben H were the two clear standouts for me (didn't even notice him before!).      

So, if I had to pick her Final Four (in no particular order) based on this episode, I'd say (all just my opinion!!):

1. Ben Z who looks like Captain America
2. Ben H tall slim volunteers in Honduras (I had him written off as Team Britt first few episodes but he's coming back strong)
3. Shawn/Ryan Gosling look alike
4. Jared ...I don't get her big draw to him as he doesn't float MY boat but she seems to like him.

Others IMO in her top 10 (or, could move up to top 4)...
5. Dentist/Cupcake Chris ... not a lot of screen time but he's pretty darn cute
6. Ian ... I want to see him get a one-on-one and hoping that's why he didn't get date. I thought they had chemistry last episode when they kissed.
7. Joe ... I can see him lasting in her friends-with-benefits zone (kissing!) but doubt he is a real contender
8. Joshua ... Good TV/good looking/fun - But ... MOT guy
9. Tanner ... Cute/sweet - MOT guy
10. JJ ... he is the villain/stir up crap MOT guy

Can't wait to watch NICK tonight!! Based on her goofy excitement in the preview, she is pumped to have him join and I can see him climbing up top 10 list.

And, I like Kaitlyn as Bachelorette just fine and definitely better than Andi and others from past seasons. She seems genuine and caring but also firm/takes no crap, which is good.

While I was initially turned off when I saw preview of what's "to come," I am not worrying about what supposedly happens with Kaitlyn having sex mid-season in a future episode because we all know what how highly edited and chopped up season previews can be. I will wait to pass judgment. That said...as Tulip noted above, I was also ready to throw in the towel during Ben's season but I really was not a fan of Ben or of Courtney and it was pretty much my LEAST enjoyable season.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *NO SPOILERS* - FRC Ended - Now Contains Spoilers - Discussion

+25
CarrieA
AllAboutLove
stuckinsc
Jolena
Ladybug82
Linds911
Maggenzm
Rolly
happygolucky
mercieme
Sprite