SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Page 33 of 77 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 55 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chicago - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 33 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Post by notarose Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:53 pm

A
sdmom wrote:
jen689 wrote:
happydays wrote:ohmygod how does nick get so many days off work!? can he teach me? laugh out loud
Even though Nick mentions Salesforce (his most recent employer) on social media I think he may have left his job and is taking some time off until Kaitlyn's season ends. I think he got paid for his appearance and may not need a consistent income at this time.  He did mention his job was boring on last night's episode. Even though Salesforce is a great company he could be using this time to consider other employment opportunities.

I was wondering the same thing: another day off? OTOH, if he quit his job, why still staying in Chicago, why not moving back to Milwaukee?
I personally hope he doesn't end up  jobless and aimless, like so many other Bach contestants.

He may have switched positions and is employed in "remote" sales which is very common for Salesforce in oodles of locations... including Chicago & Milwakee.  As long as you meet your quota, it doesn't matter where you work from. Very common in many fields.
 There were some tweets in #thebachelorette Twitter feed a few weeks ago, when the controversial promo came out, from at least 2 Salesforce employees that were worded in a way that suggested they were colleagues.  Also, James Viall started following the SalesForce CEO on Twitter at the time RS made his "Nick has no job" statement. It really is incredible how many fronts Nick gets challenged on. Amazing how he perseveres.

I don't know if his LincEd account is back up.  He deleted it shortly after he tweeted something about it not being a dating app.  That was a long time ago. 

About boring - he may have meant it was boring to explain on a date.  Another example of "semantics". Just a thought.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

chicago - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 33 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:55 pm

I wonder if the extended time off could also coincide with being the bachelor? Silly to go back to your customers for a couple months to just leave again.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:36 pm

A "food for thought" post on how men can support "feminism". 
I think it is appropriately place here as in the past the Viall men (Chris, James, & Nick) have tweeted in support of feminism and/or empowerment of women.  

http://www.xojane.com/issues/feminism-men-practical-steps

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Great link NR!! Smiley

Speaking of the Viall men, James Viall's live twitter commentary on the show is FUNNY!

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:29 pm

In defence of Nick Smiley
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/17/in-defense-of-nick-v-bachelorette_n_7599004.html?1434552449

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:34 pm

Love this article.

Thanks for sharing notarose.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:50 pm

I like the article too ... recently I've seen a tweet of one actress that was very mean spirited towards Nick and his 2nd round on the Bachelorette and I've fought the urge to respond... I've let it go, since "pot meet kettle" idiom just wouldn't suffice. In the last year there has been an incredible increase in Feminism talk and still, often I find the statements that these famous/known people make completely missing the point. Very superficial and ignorant. At the same time they want us, the public, to give them credit and they expect the sympathy/empathy.
Being a Nick's supporter is harder on us, IMO, because the negativity on SM is almost making you feel like you need to excuse your preference/POV/opinion ... your taste. And we don't need to. We don't need to justify it or fight for it. We don't even need to argument it and not because there wouldn't be enough arguments/proof to disclose. What goes around comes around. I'm completely OK with being on #teamnick and if the majority isn't **edited**... in Nick's style, I respond: That makes it so much more special. Like an invitation to a hush-hush party. (PG rated)

This feels like "members-only" private club.
And since usually it's all about the gentlemen (since ATFR "we" are banned there) ... this one is special, because it is all about the Ladies!

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:49 pm

^^ Hush Hush party Hugesmile 

“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery "The Little Prince" 

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:51 pm

notarose wrote:In defence of Nick Smiley
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/17/in-defense-of-nick-v-bachelorette_n_7599004.html?1434552449

The author also has a good podcast.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:51 pm

happygolucky wrote:I like the article too ... recently I've seen a tweet of one actress that was very mean spirited towards Nick and his 2nd round on the Bachelorette and I've fought the urge to respond... I've let it go, since "pot meet kettle" idiom just wouldn't suffice. In the last year there has been an incredible increase in Feminism talk and still, often I find the statements that these famous/known people make completely missing the point. Very superficial and ignorant. At the same time they want us, the public, to give them credit and they expect the sympathy/empathy.
Being a Nick's supporter is harder on us, IMO, because the negativity on SM is almost making you feel like you need to excuse your preference/POV/opinion ... your taste. And we don't need to. We don't need to justify it or fight for it. We don't even need to argument it and not because there wouldn't be enough arguments/proof to disclose. What goes around comes around. I'm completely OK with being on #teamnick and if the majority isn't **edited** ... in Nick's style, I respond: That makes it so much more special. Like an invitation to a hush-hush party. (PG rated)

And since usually it's all about the gentlemen (since ATFR "we" are banned there) ... this one is special, because it is all about the Ladies!

Élan has a message to the bolded
http://theyearofelan.tumblr.com/post/121765021436/an-open-letter-to-trolls-and-those who are not fans

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:54 pm

notarose wrote:
happygolucky wrote:I like the article too ... recently I've seen a tweet of one actress that was very mean spirited towards Nick and his 2nd round on the Bachelorette and I've fought the urge to respond... I've let it go, since "pot meet kettle" idiom just wouldn't suffice. In the last year there has been an incredible increase in Feminism talk and still, often I find the statements that these famous/known people make completely missing the point. Very superficial and ignorant. At the same time they want us, the public, to give them credit and they expect the sympathy/empathy.
Being a Nick's supporter is harder on us, IMO, because the negativity on SM is almost making you feel like you need to excuse your preference/POV/opinion ... your taste. And we don't need to. We don't need to justify it or fight for it. We don't even need to argument it and not because there wouldn't be enough arguments/proof to disclose. What goes around comes around. I'm completely OK with being on #teamnick and if the majority isn't **edited** ... in Nick's style, I respond: That makes it so much more special. Like an invitation to a hush-hush party. (PG rated)

Élan has a message to the bolded
http://theyearofelan.tumblr.com/post/121765021436/an-open-letter-to-trolls-and-those who are not fans

Wow, way to go Elan.  Nick is fine, I think in some ways he has gotten to the point of being able to laugh of the those who are not fans and just see that they see what they want and it isn't on him it is on them that they hate so much.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Wow, Elan, I'm impressed!

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 77 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 55 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

+50
glazedover
TheWrongReasons
emad0722
DMBFan
BowenAnderson
raekae
Mia_Leoni
california90
Norcalgal
Longhornfan
nikikass