SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 36 of 73 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 54 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 36 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Lucas15 Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:59 am

Alanna wrote:A lady posted that she met Shawn recently, that he's very nice and she hopes he wins. It was last week, right around snapchat time.

Anyway, I don't see all these things people see about him- manipulative, hurtful to Kaitlyn, etc. She seems nothing but happy with him to me other than when they're talking about Nick, which yeah, it's a weird situation and why would they be happy discussing him?

^^^ This.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 36 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by soccermom333 Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:15 am

Alanna wrote:A lady posted that she met Shawn recently, that he's very nice and she hopes he wins. It was last week, right around snapchat time.

Anyway, I don't see all these things people see about him- manipulative, hurtful to Kaitlyn, etc. She seems nothing but happy with him to me other than when they're talking about Nick, which yeah, it's a weird situation and why would they be happy discussing him?

Agree! Just posted in the Kaitlin thread, but TPTB imo were involved in "calling in the troops" to take attention away from snapchat. Operation snapchat, is still taking place and guess what???? Mikey is winning! partytime Money and ratings is all that matter to him. bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 36 1710264613 :yes:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:27 am

It's not just Nick. We are about to see that with Shawn on the GD when K gives Jared the rose. Posted in the Ep 6 thread with a s/cap.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:52 am

I think Shawn has talked to Kaitlyn like they are real people getting to know each other and has been frank and honest - hasn't sugar coated or sucked up or put on an act for the cameras. My opinion only - well spoken, thoughtful and mature. He's said the same things to her as to the cameras in PIs, and hasn't whined about Nick to the guys, but has shown his displeasure with Kaitlyn's choice, which is a very valid reaction, IMO.

Sure they are making him the brooding intense character, but choosing one trait and making the guys into one dimensional story points is how they operate every year. Their first conversation at the meet and great showed him as a smiling, more lighthearted guy with a sense of humor. But that's not his storyline so doubt we'll see it again.

Agree that red flags are def subjective based on if we are personally liking a "character" or not. I'm loving Shawn and haven't taken any of his actions as red flags.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:25 am

Imho, maturity is not being so concerned about someone else or with questioning the decisions of the lead just b/c of one's own feelings. Maturity is putting the lead above oneself. Especially if the lead is the person one is there for. Shawn is 28, 29?

Jared in contrast is 26 and has respected Kaitlyn and her choices and made it clear he is there for her only and that is his focus. And he seems to have real feelings for Kaitlyn and has told her is falling in love with her.

Any reason of "well Shawn is just in love and his feelings are real" is one that is used far too many times imo, and is usually reserved for defending someone's behavior. Jared's behavior in contrast needs no defending because it demonstrates his ability to respect the position Kaitlyn is in while still focusing on his relationship. That is maturity in MHO.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:34 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Imho, maturity is not being so concerned about someone else or with questioning the decisions of the lead just b/c of one's own feelings. Maturity is putting the lead above oneself. Especially if the lead is the person one is there for. Shawn is 28, 29?

Jared in contrast is 26 and has respected Kaitlyn and her choices and made it clear he is there for her only and that is his focus. And he seems to have real feelings for Kaitlyn and has told her is falling in love with her.

Any reason of "well Shawn is just in love and his feelings are real" is one that is used far too many times imo, and is usually reserved for defending someone's behavior. Jared's behavior in contrast needs no defending because it demonstrates his ability to respect the position Kaitlyn is in while still focusing on his relationship. That is maturity in MHO.

And my favorite, that he refuses to say Nick's name, he will only call him that "other guy". What are you in middle school? That is pathetic to me. He is pissed because he told Kaitlyn to send Nick home in NYC and bad Kaitlyn, she disobeyed. bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 36 3806527698

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:46 am

While I like Shawn, I didn't understand why he couldn't call him by his name. I hope for our sake it was just an ITM and that he didn't treat Nick with disrespect.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:01 am

I will never be one of those people who watches this show and thinks that all the men, especially the F2, should get along and like each other. It's human nature, especially when you're in the environment that you're in when it comes to this show.

I'm just a viewer and I could see from episode one Kaitlyn was all about Shawn, so I'm sure Shawn felt that way too. I'm guessing he wasn't happy when Nick came aboard a few weeks into the process and I'm sure it made matters worse, like shawn said, knowing that Kaitlyn had some sort of relationship with Nick before the season started filming.

Nick and other contestants seem to often get the benefit of the doubt and his actions and words get blamed on an edit, so Shawn and his supposed immaturity could get blamed on an edit as well. For all we know, production asked and pushed Shawn into doing some of the things he's done and said, although I haven't seen anything wrong.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:18 am

IA that edit plays a huge role. My only issue of pause so to speak is that, if Shawn has such a problem with Nick or Jared, then tell them that to their face. Don't tell it to/take it out on Kaitlyn.
jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:27 am

AllAboutLove wrote:IA that edit plays a huge role. My only issue of pause so to speak is that, if Shawn has such a problem with Nick or Jared, then tell them that to their face. Don't tell it to/take it out on Kaitlyn.
jmo

He could have taken it up with Nick and Jared, but because of the edit, it isn't in the episode. It could also be possible that production was feeding Shawn certain things and pushed Shawn to go to Kaitlyn versus the guys. It could be as simple as Kaitlyn is the one Shawn cares about, the girl he's in a relationship with, and decided he wanted to speak to her directly versus talking to two guys - especially one that I think he has a right to not be fond of.

Up to this point, I haven't really seen Shawn do anything bad.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:38 am

I can only look at what is shown, not what is left on the cutting floor. There is stuff left on the cutting floor for all the guys and have no idea what it is, only what is seen. TPTB left it in the edit to see Shawn confronting K, the lead. TWT why.

In regards to Shawn, it is not about Nick or the F2, it is what is about to take place on Monday's episode regarding the groupdate and Shawn's displeasure in K that she gave the GDR to Jared. S/caps are in Ep 6 discussion thread. Will see how that is edited and what is shown. TWT. jmho
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:53 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I can only look at what is shown, not what is left on the cutting floor. There is stuff left on the cutting floor for all the guys and have no idea what it is, only what is seen. TPTB left it in the edit to see Shawn confronting K, the lead. TWT why.

In regards to Shawn, it is not about Nick or the F2, it is what is about to take place on Monday's episode regarding the groupdate and Shawn's displeasure in K that she gave the GDR to Jared. S/caps are in Ep 6 discussion thread. Will see how that is edited and what is shown. TWT. jmho

Epi 6 will be interesting to watch because I think the screws (no pun intended giggling ) are going to get put to both Shawn & Kaitlyn on Monday. Producers are going to feed off Shawn having difficulty watching her date other guys & will push his buttons to get a reaction. They're also going to tap into Kaitlyn's fear of Shawn finding out about her & Nick.

If I didn't know or believe the ending, I'd really wonder where Shawn is going to go with all this. But I'm looking forward to watching how he comes to terms with both his own insecurities & his feelings/trust towards Kaitlyn. It's rumored that Shawn will have a hard time with Kaitlyn's honesty about her relationship with Nick. If so, for me this is right up there as one of the biggest F1 hurdle storylines I've seen yet.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 73 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 54 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+84
emptysquares
Emilia23_12
fashionista84
eirekay
lurker11