SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 37 of 73 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 55 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 37 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Ash2214 Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:02 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I can only look at what is shown, not what is left on the cutting floor. There is stuff left on the cutting floor for all the guys and have no idea what it is, only what is seen. TPTB left it in the edit to see Shawn confronting K, the lead. TWT why.

In regards to Shawn, it is not about Nick or the F2, it is what is about to take place on Monday's episode regarding the groupdate and Shawn's displeasure in K that she gave the GDR to Jared. S/caps are in Ep 6 discussion thread. Will see how that is edited and what is shown. TWT. jmho

That's my whole point. None of what we see is 100% reality for anyone on this show. I was just doing a comparison where if another contestant or Nick does or says something questionable, then it's often blamed on an edit, so I was just stating the same could be said for Shawn.

We all see things differently, which is a good thing. I just personally haven't seen anything bad from Shawn. I didn't even think the preview looked that bad, which for all we know it could have been sliced and diced. We'll see what happens on Monday. All I personally know is that relationships aren't always rainbows and butterflies. It's normal to have bumps in the road and different types of conversations. Production must have known very well how much Shawn was nervous about Kaitlyn's relationship with Nick and how much Kaitlyn liked Shawn. There's no doubt IMO production played on Both Shawn and Kaitlyn's fears and insecurities.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 37 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Alanna Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:11 pm

jojo47 wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:I can only look at what is shown, not what is left on the cutting floor. There is stuff left on the cutting floor for all the guys and have no idea what it is, only what is seen. TPTB left it in the edit to see Shawn confronting K, the lead. TWT why.

In regards to Shawn, it is not about Nick or the F2, it is what is about to take place on Monday's episode regarding the groupdate and Shawn's displeasure in K that she gave the GDR to Jared. S/caps are in Ep 6 discussion thread. Will see how that is edited and what is shown. TWT. jmho

Epi 6 will be interesting to watch because I think the screws (no pun intended giggling ) are going to get put to both Shawn & Kaitlyn on Monday. Producers are going to feed off Shawn having difficulty watching her date other guys & will push his buttons to get a reaction. They're also going to tap into Kaitlyn's fear of Shawn finding out about her & Nick.

If I didn't know or believe the ending, I'd really wonder where Shawn is going to go with all this. But I'm looking forward to watching how he comes to terms with both his own insecurities & his feelings/trust towards Kaitlyn. It's rumored that Shawn will have a hard time with Kaitlyn's honesty about her relationship with Nick. If so, for me this is right up there as one of the biggest F1 hurdle storylines I've seen yet.
IA, really an actual hurdle for once. And if Kaitlyn doesn't think she made a mistake with Nick, why is she scared of Shawn finding out? Rhetorical question, sorry.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:32 pm

jojo47 wrote:Epi 6 will be interesting to watch because I think the screws (no pun intended giggling ) are going to get put to both Shawn & Kaitlyn on Monday. Producers are going to feed off Shawn having difficulty watching her date other guys & will push his buttons to get a reaction. They're also going to tap into Kaitlyn's fear of Shawn finding out about her & Nick.

If I didn't know or believe the ending, I'd really wonder where Shawn is going to go with all this. But I'm looking forward to watching how he comes to terms with both his own insecurities & his feelings/trust towards Kaitlyn. It's rumored that Shawn will have a hard time with Kaitlyn's honesty about her relationship with Nick. If so, for me this is right up there as one of the biggest F1 hurdle storylines I've seen yet.
IA. There's real life and then there is the tv-show. My concerns relate to real life but regarding the show? I cannot wait for the insurmountable odds being overcome, the moments of heartbreak, betrayal and then despite all this, an amazing romantic proposal and the two lovers together at the end with joy at overcoming all the turmoil. So for me, as just a tv-show/movie, I can and will be thoroughly entertained. :Nod: It really is like The Notebook, albeit with a poor man's Ryan Gosling.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:11 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Imho, maturity is not being so concerned about someone else or with questioning the decisions of the lead just b/c of one's own feelings. Maturity is putting the lead above oneself. Especially if the lead is the person one is there for. Shawn is 28, 29?

Jared in contrast is 26 and has respected Kaitlyn and her choices and made it clear he is there for her only and that is his focus. And he seems to have real feelings for Kaitlyn and has told her is falling in love with her.

Any reason of "well Shawn is just in love and his feelings are real" is one that is used far too many times imo, and is usually reserved for defending someone's behavior. Jared's behavior in contrast needs no defending because it demonstrates his ability to respect the position Kaitlyn is in while still focusing on his relationship. That is maturity in MHO.

And my favorite, that he refuses to say Nick's name, he will only call him that "other guy".  What are you in middle school?  That is pathetic to me.  He is pissed because he told Kaitlyn to send Nick home in NYC and bad Kaitlyn, she disobeyed. bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 37 3806527698

On Grantland (I keep bringing it up because they made so many good points), Jacoby talked about how if he TRULY wanted to fall in love and wasn't just trying to win a competition, he would be like "Bring in anyone you want! Bring in George Clooney, for all I care, because you're going to have those temptation in real life and I need to know you'll choose me over everyone else, no matter what". I feel like Shawn isn't reacting like that. I would be upset if I were him too, but in a "oh, crap, the girl that I really like might like someone else more" way, but he just seems angry and bitter to me. Like, "oh, crap, I might not WIN anymore".

It also bothered me that when the other guys have ever confronted her (Kupah, Clint, Tony, even JJ at her stand-up routine), she has always held her ground and stood up for herself. Yet, when Shawn says "I wish you would be smarter. That guy is full of sh*t and your actions don't match your words", she was like "OMG, HOLD MY HAND! You're making me cry!". That doesn't seem like an equal and healthy relationship to me. I know it's just one moment out of a relationship, but that stuck out to me. To borrow Andi Dorfman's words, I don't feel like he is the guy to support and empower her in a relationship.

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:56 pm

We haven't actually seen Shawn react yet to Jared getting the GDR or what he talks to Kaitlyn about in her room. All we have is a SC and a tiny bit of video. Me personally I haven't seen any red flags with Shawn on the show so far. I think it's perfectly normal to be bothered by Nick coming on the show. I believe it's because he's worried that Kaitlyn has stronger feelings for Nick than she let on.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by remockered Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Hey, look on the media thread if you want to see more Shawn. Kaitlyn has snapchatgated again. Shawn must be in on it and they are giving the finger to tptb or now that it is out there that they are together, Shawn and Kait feel they do not need to pretend. Obviously, Shawn is still with Kaitlyn and everything is fine.
remockered
remockered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:47 pm

You know what, despite the red flags, I think these two kids are going to be just fine.
I think that Shawn is exactly the type of guy K was looking for, whether we think he is good for her or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:55 pm

remockered wrote:Hey, look on the media thread if you want to see more Shawn.  Kaitlyn has snapchatgated again.  Shawn must be in on it and they are giving the finger to tptb or now that it is out there that they are together, Shawn and Kait feel they do not need to pretend.  Obviously, Shawn is still with Kaitlyn and everything is fine.

That person does not look like Shawn and more over the person look to have earring in his ear.

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:22 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Imho, maturity is not being so concerned about someone else or with questioning the decisions of the lead just b/c of one's own feelings. Maturity is putting the lead above oneself. Especially if the lead is the person one is there for. Shawn is 28, 29?

Jared in contrast is 26 and has respected Kaitlyn and her choices and made it clear he is there for her only and that is his focus. And he seems to have real feelings for Kaitlyn and has told her is falling in love with her.

Any reason of "well Shawn is just in love and his feelings are real" is one that is used far too many times imo, and is usually reserved for defending someone's behavior. Jared's behavior in contrast needs no defending because it demonstrates his ability to respect the position Kaitlyn is in while still focusing on his relationship. That is maturity in MHO.

And my favorite, that he refuses to say Nick's name, he will only call him that "other guy".  What are you in middle school?  That is pathetic to me.  He is pissed because he told Kaitlyn to send Nick home in NYC and bad Kaitlyn, she disobeyed. bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 37 3806527698

On Grantland (I keep bringing it up because they made so many good points), Jacoby talked about how if he TRULY wanted to fall in love and wasn't just trying to win a competition, he would be like "Bring in anyone you want! Bring in George Clooney, for all I care, because you're going to have those temptation in real life and I need to know you'll choose me over everyone else, no matter what". I feel like Shawn isn't reacting like that. I would be upset if I were him too, but in a "oh, crap, the girl that I really like might like someone else more" way, but he just seems angry and bitter to me. Like, "oh, crap, I might not WIN anymore".

It also bothered me that when the other guys have ever confronted her (Kupah, Clint, Tony, even JJ at her stand-up routine), she has always held her ground and stood up for herself. Yet, when Shawn says "I wish you would be smarter. That guy is full of sh*t and your actions don't match your words", she was like "OMG, HOLD MY HAND! You're making me cry!". That doesn't seem like an equal and healthy relationship to me. I know it's just one moment out of a relationship, but that stuck out to me. To borrow Andi Dorfman's words, I don't feel like he is the guy to support and empower her in a relationship.

Um, I don't know many men who would say "bring on the competition" in real life. They'd prefer to keep all potential temptations far, far away. The sense of security in a relationship is something that is earned and developed over time; I really don't think many guys are willing to put it to the test while falling in love. Twenty years of marriage? Sure. My husband knows I'm his. But he was pretty weird about some things the first year or two.

On the last paragraph, I think the difference is that she cares how Shawn feels. And, shoot, when talking about actions not agreeing with words he was right - that IS the show, but she could hardly answer honestly at the moment. Still, who knows ... we don't see everything, they've spent very little time together, and they both have producers whispering in their ears to create drama.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:11 am

Alanna wrote:A lady posted that she met Shawn recently, that he's very nice and she hopes he wins. It was last week, right around snapchat time.

Anyway, I don't see all these things people see about him- manipulative, hurtful to Kaitlyn, etc. She seems nothing but happy with him to me other than when they're talking about Nick, which yeah, it's a weird situation and why would they be happy discussing him?

I was thinking of people who actually know him...from work, school, church, etc...not just random fans who run into him and talk to him a little bit. Someone who has history with him and has some actual insight into his personality, motivations or character. (Kind of like the people here who know Ben H.)

Based on what I am seeing, I just can't get into the Shawn. He just looks miserable all the time and frankly, is kind of a downer for me. If Kaitlyn is happy, good for her, but unless he has a dramatic personality turn around, he is never going to be a favourite of mine. I'm sure she could care less about what I think, but if he is normally so intense, I just don't see these two working out in the long run...which is not that different from most of these couple so...same old, same old.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:35 am

Kaitlin picked Shawn and that is her choice. So weird we already know the outcome. Usually at this point we are still debating it. Oh well, kind of refreshing to know. The odds are against them but still watching to see how it all goes down, and see more of their "connection." Even though I don't agree with everything she does, I like Kaitlin and hope she is happy and fell in love. Smiley Shawn is a cutie and imo very good looking. Guess Kaitlin agrees. :yes:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:40 am

I like Shawn and Kailtyn was super into him. I wish we kinda see a more fun side of him? So far he's just a cute love sick puppy, laugh out loud.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 73 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 55 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+84
emptysquares
Emilia23_12
fashionista84
eirekay
lurker11