SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Page 71 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 71 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:45 pm

isittrue wrote:Personally I liked Nick a lot better last season.  I actually think the overwhelming fan support and the painting him as this perfect person by some...  The guy is human, he is capable of mistakes too.
IA that there are fans who paint Nick as perfect but that happens with many leads/contestants so it is not just Nick.

I will say though, from what I have seen posted by the majority of Nick fans that he is seen as human and that is why he is liked. In fact, many fans of him from what I've seen don't give him a pass for things they don't like but they do like that he owns up to his mistakes or at least is willing to make them without pretending to be perfect. Personally I like the more complex, human, flawed types and Nick is one of them and because he seems more multidimensional a person when it comes to the attention-seeking that ALL of these people are on this show for. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 71 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:31 pm

I see no difference between last season and this season. None at all. He still has a shyness about him, he's honest when he speaks, he's considerate and polite. no idea

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I see no difference between last season and this season. None at all. He still has a shyness about him, he's honest when he speaks, he's considerate and polite. no idea

Same. For me, I have not seen anything out of the ordinary from last season to now.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:02 pm

For some reason I'm not liking Nick as much this season. I think part of it is his persona was okay for 1 season but bugs me now. I also don't like that he did the season for whatever reason he did. I don't doubt he liked Kaitlyn but there's plenty of attractive women in Chicago off tv.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Imo, the same can be said for all the guys that go on the show that there are plenty of attractive women for them wherever they are and none of them need TV to find love, whether they go on it once or twice.

And those who were not named Ben or Dr C were on BIP so they had their 2nd round already. And those who are named Ben or Dr C likely didn't go on BIP b/c of the possible next lead option so I say there they are all in the same boat.

At least in Nick's favor it is mostly agreed by even CH and Kaitlyn herself as well as those who dislike Nick that he went on the show for Kailtyn.

That says more to me about good intentions than just going on TV. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:45 pm

Since listening to Nick with his family and their talk of Andi, I was reminded that when Andi let Nick go she did talk about being too serious. I think that really resonated with Nick. I do believe Andi broke Nick's heart. I feel his attraction to Kaitlyn was in her being the anti- Andi. She lives in the moment and brings out the laughing in Nick. Many complain about a less intensely in love Nick than last season, but since that trait was used to dump him it seems with Kaitlyn he is searching for the fun and the joy all the time. Remember Nick's sis asking if Andi made him laugh? Well, Kaitlyn did.

And as was sleuthed a while back, Kaitlyn started liking Nick and initiated their interaction. I am sure he was flattered to have the beautiful and witty Kaitlyn seek him out. At one point he tweeted he wanted Britt for bachelorette and I took that to mean to give him a chance to be with Kaitlyn. And these two had been very intimate by text/sext and phone call. They were all over each other in NYC. I am a Nick Chick and their pre him joining the show make outs sessions were weird to me.

We are used to watching a relationship grow from the ground up on this show, so the whole interaction with K&N because we are seeing an already established relationship with them. They knew they really liked each other, they just needed to seem if the physical chemistry was there. And boy was it, they have been all over each other since NYC.

As for him being less into or intense with Kaitlyn than Andi, to me it makes sense. Kaitlyn would not seem to me to be a woman who wants serious or intense. She wants to live in the moment. So why would the man who already knew her pursue her in any other way, but the one that she has expressed is her preference.

Now did Nick recover better this time? Totally. I think he learned last year that you give your all but once the decision is made them you must let it go.
JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:56 am

I listened to a podcast with a guest who was a producer back in the day for Bach/Bette and he said that he believes Nick had serious therapy after last year  -- just by the words Nick used with his family conversations on HTD and that was why the family was so upset -- not because of the show but because they didn't want to see Nick so broken again.

I thought that was very interesting and not surprising if so. Nick seems like a guy who could drown himself in his over-analysis and feelings so if he sought help good for him. It may even be why he is able to move on better this time around as he has the tools to do so.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia620 Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:38 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I listened to a podcast with a guest who was a producer back in the day for Bach/Bette and he said that he believes Nick had serious therapy after last year  -- just by the words Nick used with his family conversations on HTD and that was why the family was so upset -- not because of the show but because they didn't want to see Nick so broken again.

I thought that was very interesting and not surprising if so. Nick seems like a guy who could drown himself in his over-analysis and feelings so if he sought help good for him. It may even be why he is able to move on better this time around as he has the tools to do so.

Do you think that Julie Berry could have helped him through this?  Isn't she a licensed therapist?  I could be wrong.
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:45 am

Well if this is true and Julie is a licensed therapist, then Nick seeing Julie would not be for sleeping with her as some have suggested and just to help him navigate out of the muck he was in. I said and always will say you can be friends with a woman as a man and not sleep with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:50 am

Stacia620 wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:I listened to a podcast with a guest who was a producer back in the day for Bach/Bette and he said that he believes Nick had serious therapy after last year  -- just by the words Nick used with his family conversations on HTD and that was why the family was so upset -- not because of the show but because they didn't want to see Nick so broken again.

Do you think that Julie Berry could have helped him through this?  Isn't she a licensed therapist?  I could be wrong.

Yes she is a licensed therapist and has been for several years.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:18 am

Wow! I didn't know that about Julie. I wouldn't be surprised if she really did help him from a therapist perspective.

Sadly, it made a ton of sense to me when that producer said that about Nick and even Nick's family's response. There's a lot of research to support that men take beak ups from relationships they were deeply invested in much harder than women and take much longer to recover.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:53 am

I like Nick just the same ... I only view him as normally intelligent,
clever and "manipulative" as everybody else on that freaking show.
And best to not start with the comparisons ... because that would be even a longer post.

I thought he was "smarter" than that last year, when I still had hopes that he wouldn't be so "dumb" to actually talk so loud on the plane the first minute he was off the hook and alone with his phone ... especially when he wasn't alone at all ... after all, planes have massive signs "passengers on board". I thought if he was discussing the ending, then it must had been his "manipulative" side talking, I hoped for a foiler.

Unfortunately for him, he was honestly, openly discussing the outcome with his parents without any "ulterior motives". He was being himself, completely sincere and dumb as "dumb" we can all be sometimes, when we make mistakes ... because WE ALL make them.

He paid for his ... he got the "perfectly nice" edit, he got the storyline and was labeled with words on the official ABC/TB sites as a creep, a stalker and someone who doesn't give up, trying to persuade the Bette that their relationship could be great and better ... he got to write a letter, deliver it on MTA (lily liver) and then face the music on perfect set-up on ATFR...

Audience wasn't on his side ... they were leaded a.k.a. "manipulated" by TPTB to be waiting for Nick's downfall ... him finally finding out that he IS NOT a frontrunner, that he is not the only one who the lead had a great chemistry with and that she wasn't in love with him.
The audience thrived on his "shaken expression" ... because they wanted that cocky smug to get his hit ... and boy, he got it. A big smack.

But at ATFR Nick did something, he used his backhand and returned the ball ...

Why I'm writing this? ... Because I've seen a man fight ... first for the affection of a woman, then for his love for her (in poetic way, lets call it love) ... and then for his own sane mind and dignity.
And I like a good fight, when even when you lose you aren't defeated in your spirit.

This year ... Nick isn't fighting ... he is challenging ... he is trying his luck ... risking it ...
the risk, as we now know, doesn't pay off ... because he was turned down.

And I'd like to see how he handles that ...

I'm curious to find out whether he is offensive/aggressive or defensive baseliner, volleyer or all-court player.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

+69
kimberlyg
megaa
Cecilia
mindless
Beagle