SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th *Sleuthing - Speculation*

Page 70 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

afterparty - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 70 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th *Sleuthing - Speculation*

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:21 am

I agree ^. Her own family told her not to read her sm. The temptation not to do so would probably be too great. I get that. But I would certainly expect what followed.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

afterparty - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 70 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th *Sleuthing - Speculation*

Post by BowenAnderson Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:33 am

nuts2uiam wrote:I apologize in advance if you feel differently, and obviously JMO, but I felt the entire Chris Harrison and K's tweeting and emailing segment to be so manufactured.  Were they real?  Probably, but I seriously doubt that past contestants didn't also get some very hurtful and derogatory posts.  K chose to sleep with Nick before hand and the producers were right beside them filming it.  Recall, the Bug and Ben fiasco? Once again, the producers were filming.  If, you sign a reality tv contract, you must understand that you are essentially selling your soul.  I recall the backlash at Emily for her comment about being a role model for Ricki and then the Arie and Jef comments.

Even more so now than even 3 or 4 years ago, SM, is part of the culture.  To be so devastated by comments, while proudly owning the very behavior that was the cause of the comments on SM seems to be contradictory.  While the comments were certainly rough, is that not to be expected in this day and age of the anonymity that sm affords.?  To be clear, I don't condone the words on SM, but I think it should have been anticipated.

ITA with you. If I were being so slammed on SM, I might not post on every single outlet imaginable. I think Whitney last season said that she did not read it. She said that some things got to her (meaning she heard them) but she just had to put them out of her head. Definitely think it is so wrong to bully. Jenn Weiner said it best this morning, the entire segment where they highlighted the bullying was manufactured and ABC was responsible for it in the first place. She said every episode was edited to talk about the sex pre FS with Nick. IA with that as well.

BowenAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:46 am

If i were Andi I'd be kinda pissed about this whole cyber bullying thing. I don't agree at all with being mean to Kaitlyn online for sleeping with Nick, you do you girl! But Andi got death threats for "killing Eric." It would have been so much more believable to do a cyberbullying segment about that than about something sexual related which that the producers fed into all season.
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:52 am

I just find the whole thing futile, no matter what. No one who is a cyber bully is going to learn their lesson b/c Chris Harrison berates them.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:00 am

chasingpavements wrote:I just find the whole thing futile, no matter what. No one who is a cyber bully is going to learn their lesson b/c Chris Harrison berates them.

I think the show just tries to pretend it's current with what's hot topic right now. Last year, it was the whole sex in the FS issue, this year it's cyber bullying. Who knows what next season will be

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:15 am

CM and his "issues we care about." blech. Every decision is ratings based. Whatever they think will cause people to take notice and tune in. Unfortunately, the shock value bar keeps getting lower and lower as time goes by.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:27 am

To me it was clear last night that the producers were promoting Ben H., Jared, and Ben Z. as potential bachelors. They all did a good job at MTA. I like all of them, but of the three, I favor Ben Z. (I still like Nick for TB, but don't realistically see how it would happen.)

What I found interesting was watching the men's facial expressions during the episode. Ben H. and Jared both looked really sad when Kaitlyn first came out. You could tell that they both had been falling in love with her. Ben H. looked disbelieving almost to the point of anger when Kaitlyn was trying to justify why she told Shawn about sleeping with Nick and not him. He only looked somewhat mollified when she said that she would have told him eventually.

I felt that the whole bit about the hate messages on SM was a carefully orchestrated attempt to do damage control and get everyone on Kaitlyn's side. Honestly, I don't even know why she reads the responses on SM.

Ian's apology was welcome, but over-the-top. Both Clint and JJ needed some image polishing, and in my opinion they didn't really help themselves last night. But I did find it amusing when Kaitlyn called them out for being more interested in each other than in her. Funny how that works, Kaitlyn. It's not always all about you.

Kaitlyn kissed all the boys, didn't she? I had to wonder how the men felt watching those clips. What they had with Kaitlyn wasn't so special, after all.

And having said all that, I still think that Kaitlyn's done a perfectly reasonable job as the Bachelorette. She hasn't been my favorite, but I'm not going to hate on her either.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:42 am

Just watched some parts again and CH's face when Kaitlyn said "That was a mistake. He (Shawn) knows I feel that way" about the Nick sex was so hilarious. He did this quick eyebrow raise with pursed lips. He just can't with her. laugh out loud

I also loved JJ and Tanner repeatedly saying how obvious it was that she had a real connection with Nick. She looked sooo uncomfortable. I swear they did it just to annoy Shawn.

JJ explaining his sense of humour to the guys was also great, because it shows why he's friendly with Nick. They just have a similar sense of humour, kind of British actually, where you rip on your mates all the time and they rip on you without anyone getting offended. It just doesn't translate well in a situation where you don't really know the other people yet and everyone's a bit on edge. Nick got so much flak last season for being offensive and arrogant when it was so obvious (to me anyway) that he was just joking most of the time. Some people just take themselves so seriously. Seems the same happened to JJ, but he toned it down, and since he wasn't the frontrunner anyway the guys stopped trying to find fault in him.

Oh and 'depression mobile' is a great term. Thanks for that, Clint!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:56 am

mindless wrote:JJ explaining his sense of humor to the guys was also great, because it shows why he's friendly with Nick. They just have a similar sense of humor, kind of British actually, where you rip on your mates all the time and they rip on you without anyone getting offended. It just doesn't translate well in a situation where you don't really know the other people yet and everyone's a bit on edge.

When I was in college I joined a fraternity and the guys there were exactly like this - they ripped on you, you ripped back on them; it was actually the way friendship was expressed. BUT - there was a very specific "right of passage" in which you got torn to shreds and didn't dare give anything back - you had to earn that right and a big part of it was showing that you could take it with a smile on your face before you could give it. IMO it's a "social mistake" with a group of guys to assume they are going to be guys that you can rip on and they will rip back because that takes more time to develop that level of friendship than time on this show really affords.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Sprite wrote:
Maddy wrote:afterparty - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th  *Sleuthing - Speculation* - Page 70 CKZj--FUAAEDUic
Good Morning America ‏@GMA  
Ben Z.: good dude. #TheBachelorette #MenTellAll @BacheloretteABC

I am way behind and trying to catch up with the thread but have to say, looking at this picture, I can really see the resemblance to Brad...another true gentleman from this show. It sounded to me that the two Bens got the loudest applause and after watching them both, I have to go with Ben Z as my personal favourite for the next lead. BH seemed too serious and kind of grumpy tonight. Not to mention the fawning over Kaitlyn was just a blatant PR move for the job.

Overall, I enjoyed Jared, Ben Z and Clint the most from tonight. I wish Clint hadn't zoned out on Kaitlyn and stuck around longer to be in the running for the lead. Unfortunately, I get the impression he was one of those guys who came for the experience and found it stupid. He made a few friends, but could care less about anything else. I loved how he shut down Kaitlyn when she made that stupid joke...just cold stared her until she admitted it wasn't funny. Plus he looked really hot tonight with the beard!

I'll throw in JJ too as someone I enjoyed at MTA. I thought neither JJ or Clint were playing puppets at MTA. They got burned during the season (albeit they played into it), but at MTA, especially Clint was in "enough with the BS" mode. Loved it.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:25 pm

I don't think JJ and Clint were burned by TPTB. I think Clint realized Kaitlyn wasn't for him and took the villian approach for more screen time. His edit is his own fault and at MTA he was backtracking because he has gotten backlash out of the whole controversy. JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:27 pm

I do see a Brad Womack resemblance in that picture.

Am I the only one who thought last night was totally boring?

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - MTA - Taping July 11th - Airing July 20th *Sleuthing - Speculation*

+84
jen689
Norcalgal
CHO
BowenAnderson
nuts2uiam
Maggenzm
Spencer81
allykat
b
SueSt
Brill